Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church (36055 Views)

How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / The Apostolic Church Nigeria Releases 2016 Motto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 12:28am On Mar 19, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, March 19, 2020*

*TOPIC: SEEKING THE LORD (II)*

*Read 2 Chronicles 26:3-5*
*MEMORISE: _He sought God in the day of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God; and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper_ (2 Chronicles 26:5)*

*EXPOSITION*
Seeking the Lord means to desire and pursue earnestly, the Lord's presence, fellowship, kingdom and holiness. Our happiness, security and freedom from anxiety are dependent on our gratitude to God and our perseverance in seeking His face daily *(1 Chro. 16:8-11)*. Seeking the Lord involves turning to Him with our whole heart and in fervent prayers *(Isa. 55:6; Jer. 29:12-13)*, hungering and thirsting for righteousness and God's presence *(Psa. 24:3-6),* committing yourself firmly to do God's will, and abandoning all actions that offend Him *(2 Chro. 14:2-7; 7:14),* believing and relying on Him as your ultimate Help, as you are confident that He is the rewarder of them that diligently seek Him *(Heb. 13:6; 11:6).*

Reading the Bible is the starting point for seeking the Lord. God speaks to us, leads us, guides us, and reveals His heart to us through His Word. He tells us how to live in a way that pleases Him. He tells us what He is like; His mind, His standards and His love for us. Try to cultivate the habit of spending time in God's Word on a regular basis.

Seeking and waiting truly on God is the key to being marvelously helped. As long as we are truly seeking God and His will for our lives, God will also make our lives prosper. As long as Uzziah was in submission to the will of God, he and the kingdom greatly prospered. Seek the Lord the way He expects.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, grant me the desire to pursue earnestly Your presence and holiness.
2. O Lord, give me the enabling power to hunger and thirst for Your righteousness, daily committing myself firmly to do Your will, in Jesus' name.
3. Father, grant all believers the grace to truly seek and wait on God, spending time in Your Word on a regular basis, in Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 4 & John 12*

*Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE*
*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:15am On Mar 20, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, March 20, 2020 - _International Day of Happiness_*

*TOPIC: THE KEY TO HEAVEN'S BANK*

*Read Matthew 6:30-34*
*MEMORISE: _Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things_ (Matthew 6:31-32)*

*EXPOSITION*
All around the world today, there is much concern about the persistent rise in the cost of living, which has led to economic recessions. These problems have led many to bankruptcy and resulted in the ruining of many homes and lives. The effect of these perplexing situations is what Christ refers to by saying, "men's hearts would fail them for fear" *(Lk. 21:26).* It implies that many without Christ would be unable to cope with the challenges.

This is not God's original purpose for man. God's intention when He completed the work of creation was for man to be in plenty. He made adequate provisions for man to have all his needs met, even before creating man - things to feed on, where to live, what to do, etc. Unfortunately, man fell out of God's abundant supplies, and fell into want. Nevertheless, it does not please God for man to remain that way, hence, the call of people like Abraham, and the establishment of a covenant with him. Under this covenant, God again provided for the needs of His people, because He will stop at nothing to give the best to His own.

The question is, Are there conditions we must fulfil in order to be partakers of all these blessings, not only promised but also offered? Certainly yes! There are: DESIRE, PRAYER and OBEDIENCE. The three conditions are very simple, yet effective in application and operation. If you meet them, then the blessings of God will overflow in your life.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Dear Lord, give me the key that I need to my blessing, and open to me the door of unstoppable prosperity in You.
2. O Lord, let my needs receive divine attention this day, according to Your Word.
3. Pray for brethren in refugee camps all over the world; that God should take care of their needs, adequately, according to His riches in glory.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 5 - 6 & John 13*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:03am On Mar 21, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Saturday, March 21, 2020 - _International Day of Forests; World Down Syndrome Day & World Poetry Day_*

*TOPIC: THE VALUE OF WISDOM*

*Read Proverbs 2:1-8*
*MEMORISE: _If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him_ (James 1:5)*

*EXPOSITION*
Wisdom is the spiritual capacity to see and evaluate life and conduct, from God's point of view. It means to approach all of life from God's point of view, believing that everything God says is right and true and the only worthy standard by which to live. It begins with respect for God, leads to right living, and results in increased ability to tell right from wrong. Gaining wisdom is far better than possessing silver and gold *(Prov. 3:13-14).*

When wisdom has dominion over us, then it not only fills the head, but enters into the heart, and will preserve, both against corruptions within and temptations without. The ways of sin are ways of darkness, uncomfortable and unsafe: what fools are those who leave the plain, pleasant, lightsome paths of uprightness, to walk in such ways! When we walk in wisdom, we are guarded and watched over by God Himself.

God is willing to give us wisdom, but we will be unable to receive it if our goals are self-centred instead of God-centred. It comes to only those who seek it through a proper relationship with God, and diligent study of His Word. Christ is the ultimate wisdom of God *(1 Cor. 1:30; Col. 2:3)*. He teaches us that we can gain wisdom by abiding in His Word, allowing His words to abide in us, and yielding our hearts and minds to the indwelling Holy Spirit *(Jn. 15:7; 14:16-26).*

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Father, fill me with Your wisdom abundantly, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, let Your wisdom give me the ability to tell right from wrong, and lead me to right living, in Jesus' name.
3. Father, fill our leaders with Your wisdom, so as to preserve them, both against corruptions within and temptations without, in Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 7 - 9 & John 14*

**Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 6:07am On Mar 22, 2020
*CAC LIVING WATER DEVOTIONAL*

*Sunday, March 22, 2020*

*World Water Day*

*DIG YOUR WELLS*

*Read Genesis 26:15-19*

*MEMORISE*
*Also Isaac's servant dug in the valley, and found a well running water there (Genesis 26:19)*

*EXPOSITION*
The Holy Bible is not a textbook on Geography, but has elements on world geography. Genesis 1:1-4 tells us about the creation of the world as well as the solar system. The same Bible assures us about the waters under the earth. Psalms 24:1-2 tells that God established the earth upon the waters. This shows that the earthly dust only covers the waters under it. If anyone dares to dig his wells, he will find waters. There is water inside your earth that needs to be dug out. Isaac kept on digging wells, in spite of the obstacles, because he needed them for irrigation, and for his people and livestock to survive.
Many are thirsty today on their lands, because they do not dig their wells. If you look at the barriers
before you, you will do nothing. Look away from the resistance of the "people of Gerar" around you. Dig your wells now, and there will be waters for you to quench your thirst. Don't forget, Isaac had stayed in that land according to divine injunction (Gen. 26:1-12). Thank God he was wise enough not to stay idle; he sowed in the land (v. 12), and dug wells (v. 19). God brought the increase, notwithstanding the oppositions/attacks.
There are spiritual and natural gifts God has deposited in you. There are natural skills that you
possess. Begin to use them the way God wants. Before you know it, people around you will be
celebrating you. Prayerfully think of, and come up with little business ideas that can raise your income level, giving you multiple income strings. Think deeply today, and dig your wells. You will see
water gushing out for you to drink. Dig your well for waters. Harness every grace God has deposited inside and around you for our benefit and His glory. Don't waste them.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. I refuse to dig wells where there is no water for my comfort, in Jesus' name.
2. God of all flesh, position me where there are abundant blessings for me on earth.
3. Pray for CAC Men's Association that God should give the leaders and members the night
visions that would make the group what He desires of it.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 10-11 & John 15*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 2:50am On Mar 23, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Monday, March 23, 2020 - _World Meteorological Day_*

*TOPIC: NECESSARY, BUT NOT SUFFICIENT*

*Read Romans 10:1-13*
*MEMORISE: _For whoever calls the name of the Lord shall be saved_ (Romans 10:13)*

*EXPOSITION*
In the field of science, before any assumptions can go through all the normal experimental processes to become popularly accepted as a theory, certain proofs must have been established. However, certain important ingredients are considered very necessary for a good soup to be ready, but such may not be enough or sufficient to make the soup.

Paying our tithes and offerings is not only very good but also rewarding *(Mal. 3:10).* Although, some have come up with opposing views, but that is mere wasteful academic exercise. The important thing is that, tithing is necessary, obligatory for every Christian believer, but it is unfortunately, though, not sufficient to make someone a child of God *(Matt. 23:23).* So, do also the following: Church attendance *(Heb. 10:25),* working in His vineyard *(Matt. 7:21)*, giving to the needy, living a 'moralist' life, etc. The list is endless. All these are wonderful but not sufficient enough to qualify you as child of God.

The only thing that is needful and sufficient to make you a child of God is accepting wholeheartedly, God's only offer of salvation in the person of Jesus Christ. This is the Gospel truth which can never be challenged. All the necessary things being done are obligations that actually define our personality, either with God, or man, but the sufficient thing to be done is the needful, which if you have, can never be taken away from you. Stay glued with Him.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, make me hundred per cent in You.
2. O Lord, uproot the spirit of self-sufficiency ravaging some churches, ministers and members.
3. O God, help our national leaders to understand and acknowledge their nothingness, without You.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 12 - 14 & John 16*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 1:22am On Mar 24, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - _World Tuberculosis Day_*

*TOPIC: JESUS' POWER OVER DISTANCE*

*Read: John 4:46-54*
*MEMORISE: _Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your son lives."So the man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him, and he went his way_ (John 4:50)*

*EXPOSITION*
The second sign Jesus did as recorded by John is healing the nobleman’s son, who was sick to the point of death. Having heard that Jesus came to their community, he went to Him and implored Him to follow him to his house, to lay his hand of healing on his sick son. This man actually wanted Jesus to be in his house, on time, so that his son would not die of fever (v. 49). He was really troubled, going by the tone of the John 4:49. However, Jesus had it in mind to demonstrate His unquestionable power over distance, as God, hence His instruction to the man to go back home to meet his son perfectly healed. As Jesus spoke, the word went out with authority. The nobleman’s son was healed instantly. In fact, it was at the same hour in which Jesus said to him, "Your son lives", that the son got totally healed (Jn. 4:53). It took a day journey before this man could return home. On asking his servants, they continued the actual time to him (vv. 51-53). No wonder, he himself believed, and his whole household. There is power in the spoken Word of God. Distance is not a barrier to wherever we send the Word.

This nobleman believed in the Word the Lord sent to his son on the sick bed, and it happened according to his faith. If you too believe today, you can be in any country of the world and send the Word on an errand overseas. Hold unto Jesus’ Word in Mark 9:23 (If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes), and see Him in action for you, distance notwithstanding.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. You who cannot be restricted by distance, O Lord, bring back to me all my blessings that have been diverted away from me.
2. Lord, use your power over distance to bring back all Nigerian people, young and old, who are in the custodies of kidnappers and terrorists, everywhere.
3. Pray for as many as possible suffering from Tuberculosis on this World Tuberculosis Day.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 15 - 17 & John 17*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:31am On Mar 25, 2020

*Wednesday, March 25, 2020*

*DO NOT CAUSE STUMBLES AND RIPPLES!*

*Read Romans 14:1-3*

*MEMORISE*
*Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brothers way (Romans. 14:13)*

*EXPOSITION*
It is normal and natural for man to be keen on being free. Being at liberty to do whatever one wants, makes one feel on top of the world. But this can be dangerous, when the so-called liberty is not judiciously used Basically, Christians are free people (Jn. 8:32), but not in any way free to
do what they like. Jesus Christ liberates us from the bondage of sin and Satan. Sin should no
longer be your master, if you are in Christ (Rom. 6:16). This is the true freedom every human
being needs.
Every young man/woman wants independence and hates superintendence! Young people don't want to be monitored or mentored! Why? In order to be "free" to do whatever they deem fit! This has been having serious consequences. You may be free to make choices, but you will not be able to control the consequences of the choices made. Anytime, you are in "free" state, be very careful. Joseph in Potiphar's house was really free to do whatever he wanted. Even Potiphar's promiscuous wife was not sparing herself out of things Joseph was at liberty to touch. However, Joseph knew doing that would put him in bondage for life. And we don't know how many would have been affected negatively.
Freedom becomes bondage in disguise, when you allow the freedom to lead you into
carelessness, distraction and impunity, against the laws of God. It is better to be within the ambits of God's commandments. Do not venture out of borders! The devil does not strike those who stay In God's yard, but outside, anything can happen! Stay under the shadow of God and you are protected (Ps. 57:1; 91:1).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. May I never in anyway constitute stumbling block on the path of others, God helping me, in Jesus' name.
2. O God, help my resolve not to misuse my freedom in You, in Jesus' name.
3. O God, help our leaders, both in the church and the nation, not to continually trample upon the rights of their members and citizens alike, with impunity.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 18 - 20 & John 18*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 1:32am On Mar 26, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, March 26, 2020*

*TOPIC: A TIMELY HELP*

*Read Exodus 2:16-21*
*MEMORISE: _Then the shepherds came and drove them away; but Moses stood up and helped them, and watered their flock_ (Exodus 2:17)*

*EXPOSITION*
Moses had just become a fugitive after he fled for his life, out of fear of the backlash of the crime he committed in Egypt *(Exod. 2:12-14).* Meanwhile, in his wanderings, God was preparing him for an immediate and ultimate assignment. The seven girls of Ruel, a Midian priest, would always come home late due to shepherds who always short-changed them at the well, being men! But on a particular day, help came in the name of Moses. He was God-sent as he disallowed the shepherds from their usual unfair treatment to the girls. Moses' timely help was so obvious that their father was surprised to see them return home earlier than usual. That is what happens to a man or woman who receives God's help *(Psa. 46:1).* This will surely be your portion.

There are situations that makes you helpless, but you are not hopeless! The girls were constantly overpowered by the mafia-herdsmen, who always chased them away, whenever they wanted to fetch water! However, their help came one day, and they were freed. Your help is on the way, if you walk in the way God expects you. When your help comes, things that have been so worrisome before, become fun for you to do. Things you have been doing with hardship and burden become easy and effortless, when divine help locates you *(Psa. 121:2).*

This is not an automatic thing for every Dick and Harry! Right location, persistence in doing the right things, at all times, are two germane keys to receive help. So, don't fold your arms! Do it with all your heart. Don't quit, even when situation suggests so. Only keep on keeping on in the Lord Jesus. Help will not tarry again. It is locating you, even right now. Stay helped as you help someone to get this message. Shalom!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O Lord, send to me this day, a timely help to overcome all my present and prospective challenges, in Jesus' name.
2. God, make me a source of help to others who are in dire need of help, in Jesus' name.
3. O God, help leaders everywhere, to be compassionate about the led, in Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 21 - 22 & John 19*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:59am On Mar 27, 2020

*Friday, March 27, 2020*

*NOTHINGNESS OF LIFE*

*Read Ecclesiastes 6:1-12*

*MEMORISE*
*For who knows what is good for man in life, all the days of his vain life which he passes like a shadow? Who can tell a man what will happen after him under the sun? (Ecclesiastes 6:12)*

*EXPOSITION*
Man knows not what he looks for in life, but he just continues running from one pillar to another pole! He remains insatiable. However, death always gets him satisfied, because in the 'grave, no more aspiration or racing (Eccl.9:10). We have presidents who have ruled their countries for 20, 28 an even more years. Yet, they don't want to leave, except the office leaves them. So, what do you seek in life? What are our earnings and aspirations? Are all these not already determined from the beginning?
If you had known His thought and plans regarding you, you would not have needlessly been involving yourself in the rat race (cf. Jer. 29:11). All these are vanities upon vanities! You had better start focusing on serving Him to the best of your ability in any areas of our life and investing in your eternity by cherishing things that have eternal values the things of God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, and by His Holy Spirit, enshrined in His Word (Eccl. 12:13-14; Col. 3:1 ff).
Job says, man’s days are determined, the number of his months is with God who has appointed his limits, so that he cannot pass (Job 14:5). God has plans for your life, except you are unaware. If you are not aware, the information is here with you. You cannot surpass what God has determined for you. You may try and try, but you can't. Why not stop worrying (Matt.6:31-34)? Don't live your tomorrow today. Live today while redeeming each day by seizing available God given opportunities (Eph. 5:16). Don't be mad at people you think should help you but don't. They do not determine your destiny. The determinant of your destiny is purely divine. Bless you!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. God, help me to continue to consider my end, before my eventual call home.
2. God, help us, both individually and corporately, to acknowledge our emptiness and nothingness without You, so that we can stay glued to You, till eternity.
3. Lord, help our youths to appreciate the vanity of life, so that they would stop chasing wealth and fame at all cost, including 'yahoo-plus', money ritual, etc.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 23-25& John 20*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 2:22am On Mar 28, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Saturday, March 28, 2020 - _Earth Hour_*

*TOPIC: TAKE YOUR JOURNEY*

*Read Deuteronomy 2:24-25*
*MEMORISE: _Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God_ (Hebrews 12:2)*

*EXPOSITION*
Our God is progressive and excellent in all His dealings. He can never fail, neither can He be limited or made to stop what He is doing. Neither the devil, nor any of his angels, can set a limit for God. He is unquestionably sovereign *(Psa. 115:3).* When He bears you, He makes sure you reach where He plans for you. When you go with Him, you can't end it half way.

In the journey of Israel from Egypt to the land of Canaan, one thing is constant. They occasionally got divine prompting to break camp and move forward. What is that saying? God is progressive. May you not stop until you are where God has destined for you, in Jesus' name. How-beit, to enjoy divine progress as a child of God you got to be progressive, as well.

Are you progressive like God? 'Progressive' in this context is saying you don't have to be limited or static. It is anti-God when you are going back (retrogressing) instead of going forward. God has a "There" that He is taking His children to. He is more than able to achieve it, provided they are cooperating with Him. He told the Israelites through Moses their leader, to take their journey, that is, they had to move on. To go from the "here" of God to His "there", you need the movement mentality. No challenge must make you to want to stay somewhere, permanently.

Abraham was constantly on the move, " looking forward" *(Heb. 11:10; NLT),* and even, Jesus who authored and finished our faith was on His toes from the beginning till He finally seated at God's right. Receive the divine push you need to further your journey into the destiny God has for you, in Jesus' name.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O Lord, I receive the Holy Spirit momentum to keep pushing forward until I reach the very peak of Your programme for my life.
2. Lord, don't let me fail, fall and falter in doing Your will and bringing glory and honour to Your name.
3. Lord, spur Your church on in pursuing the course of taking the gospel to the ends of the earth.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 26 - 27 & John 21*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 7:31am On Mar 30, 2020

*Sunday, March 29, 2020*

*PREACH AND REACH OUT*

*Read John 10:1-14*

*MEMORISE*
*I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep (John 10:11)*

*EXPOSITION*
Our general belief is that the preacher's duty starts and ends on the pulpit. However, the preacher's duty begins from the time he puts the homily together (preparation), continues when he delivers it, and ends when he gets the feedback from the pews. The church sermon can be likened to the communication process which is incomplete until positive feedback is received. When you preach and fail to reach out, it is as if nothing has been done at all. Follow-up is a complementary effort on your post preaching. Learn lessons from the follow up steps of Jesus Christ (Jn. 5:13-15;Jn. 9:34, 35).
You reach out when you do the post-pulpit works. You do not depend on their physical regular
appearances every Sunday or Worship days to adjudge the congregation’s spiritual and physical well-being. It is incumbent on the preacher, who may be a Pastor, Sunday School teacher, evangelist, elder, etc., to go down to the pews, by visiting, calling, or messaging them. When a preacher does not know much about the people he preaches to, he cannot be adjudged to be a man who has the shepherd’s heart (Jn. 10:11). Jesus Christ, the Chief Shepherd, cared and cares not only for His sheep’s spiritual needs, but also physical ones (cf. Jn. 10:14).
Why do some church members continue to suffer for things the church can readily make available (cf. Acts 6:1)? The church must be active in this regard as the preachers alone cannot do it all. We need to be very sensitive to the needs of our members, whether implicitly or explicitly made known. Preachers should not wait until the sheep come to them. Today, as you go out replicate Jesus’s skills in shepherding the fold, now and always.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Holy Spirit, give me the heart of the true Shepherd of our soul, in whatever capacity You have programmed me to serve and lead, for You.
2. O Lord, help Your Church to reach out in various ways, so that the Kingdom quod will be populated the more.
3. O God, expose the hirelings who parade themselves as shepherd among Your people,
today, in Jesus’ name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 28 & Acts 1*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2020

*Monday, March 30, 2020*

*THE EXTRA TIME*

*Read John 4:34-38*

*MEMORISE*
*Do you not say ’There are still four months and then comes the harvest? Behold, I say to you, Lift up your eyes, and look at the fields, for thy are already white for harvest! (John 4:35)*

*EXPOSITION*
The round-leather game, football, is arguably the most famous among the rest. The game has rules which have been improved upon to suit modern days. Before now, there used to be what was called "golden goal", during the extra time, after which the two playing teams had got a
stalemate. Whichever team scored first during the extra time was declared the winner. There would be no opportunity for the trailing team to equalise, because the match ended at the point
of scoring that golden goal! It used to be very painful to the loser, and that was why no team
joked with ’extra-time’ in football.
What does this portend for us? Christ's coming is definitely imminent, and all we have been having, all this while (the end-times), is the extra-time. The harvest of the world is ripe already, awaiting the harvest of souls (Jn. 4:35). It is over-time already and the time will soon be up (Matt. 25:10). All Christians are in the race (1 Cor. 9:26). You should be a contender and not a pretender. You must be extra watchful at this critical time. Any little moment of carelessness, indulgence, complacency and frivolities can expose you to defeat.
Any little moment of distraction is always capitalised on, by an opposing team; and if the opponent work their way through, brilliantly, they get the goal! And that is just but over. Don’t
allow the devil, who never means well for anyone as regards entering the Kingdom of God, to outplay and defeat you (1 Pet. 5:cool. Any one defeated by him is eternally doomed. The ball is right in your court, Don't misfire!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Assist me, O Lord, never to abuse the extra grace being given to me every day, in Jesus' name.
2. Help us, O Lord, to be more alive to the reality of Your second coming to harvest the world, so that we can put our mind to the path of wisdom.
3. O God put to death, the spirit of mad rush for money and wealth amongst our youths.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 29-31 & Acts 2*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:42am On Mar 31, 2020

*Tuesday, March 31, 2020*

*DON’T LEAVE CRETE*

*Read Acts 27:1-26*

*MEMORISE*
*But after long abstinence from food, then Paul stood in the midst of them and said, Men, you should have listened to me, and not have sailed fom Crete and incurred this disaster and loss" (Acts 27:21)*

*EXPOSITION*
People's attitude to instruction, warning and command is a thing of serious concern, nowadays. In fact, only few people cherish it, when you try to make them do the right thing or take the right step. Today's dose of the Living Water is on Paul and his fellow travellers on the sea, going to Rome to stand trial before Caesar. When they sailed to Crete, Paul warned his co-travellers to stop and winter at Crete, but they wouldn’t listen. After all, what right has a prisoner before the prison officer? Paul was a mere prisoner awaiting trial. So, there was no way the officer in charge of him could listen to his warnings. Rather, he heeded the expert opinion of the sailors, who were professionals on the sea. Isn’t that your own situation right now? You are listening to what other people are telling you, discarding God’s instructions.
They had not gone very far away from Crete, where they believed was not suitable to winter, before the experienced shipwreck, just as Paul had predicted by the Spirit of God. They eventually regretted their actions, as Paul reminded them of their attitude to his warnings. He later on encouraged them and boosted their hope of survival.
It is high time you began to learn how to obey God, to avert unnecessary, avoidable accidents. Your life, ministry and home can stay accident-free, if you step up your level of obedience to God through the various channels He uses-parents, church leaders, spiritual fathers/mothers, etc. Thank God Isaac did not disobey Him; he stayed at Gerar. Where you are right now, is it the right place for on? Always look before you leap. Don’t move if He is not saying so (Exo; 3:14-16).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Wherever I have been beaten off the track by my headedness, O Lord, by Your mercy, help me to recover, fully, in Jesus’ name.
2. Holy-Spirit, deliver me from disobedience, arrogance and self-will that the devil has set as time bomb to destroy me.
3. Lord, help our leaders, everywhere, to be humble enough to take good, godly and feasible pieces of advice from their subordinates, to help enhance their organisations Performances.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 32 & Acts 3*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:15am On Apr 01, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Wednesday, April 1, 2020*

*TOPIC: AN EXCELLENT SPIRIT*

*Read Daniel 6:1-3*
*MEMORISE: _Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm_ (Daniel 6:3)*

*EXPOSITION*
All who know their God shall, among others, do exploit *(Dan. 11:32).* But somebody was querying: "If all of us are praying to be the head, topmost and the like, who will occupy the bottom or middle spots?" Should this bother you at all? All that should be on your mind is becoming excellent in everything God gives you to do *(Psa. 1:3).*

Agreed, all of us cannot be in the leadership, or at the helms of things, at same time, but it is pertinent to discover that excellence is God's children's birthright *(Jos. 1:cool.* Whatever you do without possessing its spirit, hardly succeeds! If chain smokers, drunkards, addicted gamblers cannot change, then it is logical to conclude that they have been possessed by the spirits behind these bad habits. Why can't you then be possessed by the excellent Spirit *(Obad. 17)?*

Daniel, in our golden text, excelled, even in strange land. Joseph did, in Egypt, Esther at Susan, just to mention a few. Then, you can, if you think you can, in the Lord *(Phil. 4:13).* You don't unnecessarily need to become a politician, money launderer, etc., before you excel. Not until you become a top preacher or worldwide televangelist before you are said to be excelling. Rather, in whatever you do, aspire to be the best of God. Do something differently and excel in it. Excellence is of, and comes from God alone *(Psa. 75:6-7)*. Don't be complacent for little success and do not settle for mediocrity. Rather than desperation for excellence, it is desiring it, according to God's will that brings it. Stay excellent in all your endeavours, in Jesus' name.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, fill me with Your eternal Spirit of excellence.
2. I come against the spirit of mediocrity in my life, family and endeavours, in Jesus' name.
3. May the spirit of excellence fall on all our children in their schools and places of apprenticeship, in Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Deuteronomy 33 - 34, Joshua 1 - 2 & Acts 4*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:10am On Apr 02, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, April 2, 2020 - _World Autism Awareness Day_*

*TOPIC: YOUR CASE IS NOT HOPELESS*

*Read Judges 11:1-11*
*MEMORISE: _Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore_ (Isaiah 54:4)*

*EXPOSITION*
Sometimes, one may find oneself in situations that seem hopeless. One can even face problems that appear insurmountable in life. Even one's family background may pose threats to one's destiny and its fulfilment. It may seem to you as if everything is against you alone. This is good news for you: There is no hopeless situation that God cannot turn around, and no problem He cannot tackle *(Lk. 1:37).*

Jephthah had a shoddy background. He was a product of harlotry and carelessness. Yet, God had planned his life before the beginning of the world. The legal sons of his father had him ejected from among them, because they considered him a bastard, yet God was monitoring his steps *(Jdg. 11:1-2)*. Imagine what living could be for such an outcast. Humanly speaking, he would be hopeless, frustrated and disappointed. Yet, Jephthah did not allow the situation to put him down. He encouraged himself, picked up the pieces of his life, and made wonderful living out of it.

When it was time for God to turn Jephthah's situation around, He allowed his brothers to face the difficult situation they lacked the wherewithal to deal with. They had no choice than to go plead with Jephthah, who had become a mighty man of valour, to be their commander and rescue them from their enemies and thereby entered into covenant with him (vv. 6-10). They readily accepted him as their "head", the highest position of authority among them. May God make you the head in places you had been rejected.

God empowered Jephthah with His Spirit to win the battle (v. 29). Your case is not hopeless too. God, who made Jephthah to forget the shame of his youth, will surely do more in your life. Amen. Just believe, and don't be slothful in areas He expects you to be diligent - spiritually, vocationally, etc. *(Prov. 22:29).*

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Father, by Your mighty power, turn my hopeless situation around for good in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, give me a "say" where I have been rejected and ignored.
3. Lord, Your children who the devil has turned to objects of ridicule by their seemingly hopeless situations, give them victory, hope and reasons for celebration, in Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 3 - 5 & Acts 5*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 12:32am On Apr 03, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, April 3, 2020*

*TOPIC: DANGER OF ISOLATION*

*Read Genesis 13:5-11*
*MEMORISE: _A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; he rages against all wise judgment_ (Proverbs 18:1)*

*EXPOSITION*
God designed us after His own triune nature; He designed us to live in community. The self-satisfaction which makes a man to separate himself from the thoughts and opinions of others is against the design of God for man. This man is separating himself out of a desire to ignore wisdom. He wants to walk in his own rebellion and godlessness. He is separating himself from those who would offer biblical advice and counsel concerning his lifestyle and choices.

In the passage we read this morning, Lot separated himself from his benefactor, because of his love for personal gain. Lot saw only the well watered valley of Sodom, but God saw the wickedness of the people of Sodom *(Gen. 13:10, 13).* Lot's failure to discern and abhor evil brought tragedy to his family. If he had loved righteousness sufficiently, it would have caused him to separate from the wicked ways of the sinful people. Instead, he tolerated evil and chose to live in the wicked Sodom.

Perhaps, he thought the material advantages and pleasures of Sodom outweighed the dangers, and that he was strong enough spiritually, to remain faithful to God without Abraham. Thus, he exposed himself and his family to the godlessness of Sodom, only to learn the bitter lesson that his family was not strong enough to resist the evil influences therein. What can we do without Jesus *(Jn. 15:5)?*

Christians must be careful not to place themselves and their family in any "Sodom," lest they come to spiritual ruin as did Lot. Separating yourself from others who can help and serve as accountability partners in the Lord, to seek out wickedness is one of the most harmful foolish ways. May God deliver us from such foolishness!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, do not allow me for any reason to separate myself from those who will help me to remain faithful to You.
2. Father, deliver me from exposing myself and my family to the corruption of this world.
3. Let's pray for all Christians, especially our youths, that God will deliver them from placing themselves and their families in "Sodom" because of love for personal gain.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 6 - 7 & Acts 6*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:47am On Apr 04, 2020
*'CAC LIVING WATER DEVOTIONAL*

*Saturday, April 4, 2020*

*BEWARE OF GLORY DESTROYERS*

*Read Judges 16:1-21*

*MEMORISE*
*Then she lulled him to sleep on her knees, and called for a man and had him shave off the seven locks of his head. Then she began to torment him, and his strength left him (Judges 16:19)*

*EXPOSITION*
Of a truth, the devil and demons, pose serious threat to God's glory manifesting in Christians' lives. He and his cohorts have always been opposed to God's good plan for man (cf. Matt.13:25.). However, this should not be over-bloated or overemphasised. Man himself, having allowed sin, poses sterner threat to the manifestation of the glory God had created with him. Don't lose obedience (Deut.28:1).
Sin is the poison man takes that really robs him of his glorious destiny. The Holy Spirit is giving today's dose of the Living water as we study three biblical examples. One is Rueben, Jacob's (Israel) first son. He was the first fruit of Israel. Born with glory, excellence, might and dignity (Gen. 49:3). But he robbed himself of all these, because of the heinous sin of incest he committed with his step mother. Beware of glory destroyers.
The second example is the heavily empowered Samson (Judg. 15:14-17). His exploits were unparalleled, though some of them were needless. Samson lost his glory on the lap of Delilah, a 'death' he stubbornly married. He died with his enemies. Beware of glory destroyers.
Lastly is King Saul, Israel's first king, who started well with God, but concluded with witchcraft! Saul blew the opportunity God gave him (1 Sam. 15:11). He lost his God-given glory. Dear believer, before you start looking at the 'devil and household enemies as your problem/enemies in not manifesting God's glory, look inward. Hope you are not courting some glory destroyers (Gal.5:19)? Watch out!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O God, I receive divine grace to be watchful and careful concerning subtle enemies of my life.
2. Lord, empower me to overcome Adamic nature deposited by the devil to finish me up.
3. Lord, help our Christian brothers and sisters, working for God in fornication adultery-infested zones, to always be aware of the devil's subtle plan to make them fall, and to always resist him and flee appearances
of sin.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 8-9 & Acts 7*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:17am On Apr 05, 2020

*Sunday, April 5, 2020*

*Palm Sunday*

*IS JESUS TRULY YOUR LORD?*

*Read Luke 6:46-49*

*MEMORISE*
*But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,1 and not do the things which I say? (Luke 6:46)*

*EXPOSITION*
A Lord is someone with authority, control or power over others. To say that someone is lord, is to consider that person a master or ruler over one's life. Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth (Matt. 28:18). He is our only sovereign Lord (Jude 1:4). He is the Lord of lords (Rev. 17:14). God has highly exalted Him, giving Him the name that is above every other name as the Lord of all (Phil. 2:9-11). Following the resurrection, the term, "Lord", being applied to Jesus, became more than an indication of devotion or respect. *Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ* (Acts 2:36).
When a person confesses, "Jesus is Lord", he/she is saying that Jesus has power and authority over his/her life. An acknowledgement of Jesus’ lordship is logically accomplished by submission to His authority. If you say, 'Jesus is Lord', you commit yourself to obey Him completely. If Jesus is Lord, then He owns us, according to 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20. In this connection, He has the authority to tell us what to do, and we have the responsibility to obey.
To make Jesus your true Lord, is to be an unreservedly obedient Christian-obedient to Christ. If you are the kind of person who finds it difficult to hearken to the voice of God in His written Word, you are only deceiving yourself, even if you keep calling Jesus your Lord. You cannot enter into the Kingdom of God by merely calling Jesus your Lord without doing His will (Matt. 7:21-23). For Jesus to truly be your Lord, you have to accept and put into practice all His teachings, even the seemingly hard ones to human reasoning (Jn.6:60-68).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, help me to be an uncompromisingly obedient Christian, all the days of my life.
2. I ask for the grace to do Your will, O Lord, as written in Your Word.
3. Lord, help the nominal Christians with capacity and readiness to submit to the Lordship of Christ, totally and wholeheartedly.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 10-11 & Acts 8*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:19am On Apr 06, 2020

*Monday. April 6, 2020*

*THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST*

*Read Philippians 2:5-11*

*MEMORISE*
*Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name (Philippians 2:9)*

*EXPOSITION*
We need no scientific proof to know and accept that the name of Jesus Christ remains the most popular and called Name in the Universe. Even those who don’t know the unusual Man, call Him, and He hears and answers out of His mercy, and according to His eternal will and redemptive purpose.
At a time, they saw a trailer approaching them while trying to cross a very narrow bridge! There was no time again for either of the vehicles to wait or negotiate! So, the matter of running into the speeding trailer was no longer one of the options but the only option! The Bishop’s wife started shouting "Jesus", countless times! The Bishop suddenly shouted "Jesus!" just once and both the trailer and the car stopped! They became stationary to the confusion of the drivers! That is just a minute part of what Jesus Christ can do (Mk. 10:27). When you are in crisis, call Him, how He loves to be called-in holiness andbfaith. Without faith, call Him million times, except for His mercy, it will look as if nothing changes (Jas. 1:6-7). You don't call Him with any iota of doubt in your heart. Believe when you call Him; He hears you and He will swing to action.
Remember the disciples and the stormy sea. They had Jesus Christ at their disposal, but not until they called upon Him, the raging storm continued (Matt. 14:30). Do you know what calling Him by His name really means? It implies absolute trust in that wonderful name (cf. Psa. 18:3). Don’t doubt! Don't say "I have been calling Him... but He has not answered. .." He listens and hears you, and will definitely answer you, if you keep on calling Him (Lk. 11:8; 18:4-cool.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, help me to build undoubting faith and trust in Your unfailing, wonderful name.
2. Lord Jesus, for Your name’s sake, perfect everything that concerns me timely, and I will forever praise You.
3. Lord Jesus, for Your name’s sake, let Your Gospel prevail over all its enemies in this land, no matter the garbs they put on - politics, religion, entertainment, academics, etc.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 12-14 & Acts 9*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Jidefgab: 4:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hello Sir. Please i want to receive pdfcopy or daily update of CAC Living waters. Pls add my number 08051786842, 07064948940. Thanks
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Jidefgab: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dominionhost:

It is well sir, we are currently developing a website for the devotional but will add you to our whatsapp group where we drop the devotional very early in the morning.
Thank You sir

Hello Sir. Please i want to receive pdfcopy or daily update of CAC Living waters. Pls add my number 08051786842, 07064948940. Thanks
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 1:05am On Apr 07, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Tuesday, April 7, 2020 - _World Health Day_*

*TOPIC: COMMANDING DIVINE STRENGTH UPON YOUR LIFE*

*Read Romans 7:13-25*
*MEMORISE: _In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them_ (Zechariah 12:cool*

*EXPOSITION*
We all need divine strength in every aspect of our lives. Success is automatic when one obtains divine strength. To gain this strength, you need to critically look at different areas of your life where you experience weakness. We are to reject weakness of any kind in our lives, as partakers of the divine strength. When your weaknesses are discovered, apply our memory Scripture today.

If you have physical weaknesses (sicknesses, infirmities or diseases in your body), shout in faith, "I am strong", and see God working things out concerning your health situation. You will surely regain your physical strength. Is yours spiritual weaknesses (e.g. inability to pray well, tiredness to meditate on God's Word, and failure to be regular in God's presence)? Draw upon God's provisions and see your spiritual life bouncing back *(Heb. 4:16).*

There is moral weakness that causes one to quickly fall into sin *(Jas. 1:12-15).* One with such weakness finds it difficult to keep his/her life pure before God *(Rom. 7:18-19,24).* Some also have emotional weakness, and as such easily entertain fear and shock even in little challenges. They are easily provoked. They make rash decisions, and rush into conclusions.

Finally, there are also mental and financial weaknesses some people struggle with today. People with mental weakness are easily forgetful. People with financial weakness have issues making and managing money. The most important thing is that you should recognise your own weaknesses, cooperate with Christ and His Holy Spirit to work on them, and overcome them. Command divine strength upon your life, now.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. I reject weakness of any kind in my life, in Jesus' name.
2. I command divine strength upon my life, marriage, business, finance, and other aspects, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray for ministers of God who are battling with moral weaknesses and are ashamed to discuss it with others; that God should help them out, for His name's sake.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 15 & Acts 10*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:34am On Apr 08, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Wednesday, April 8, 2020*

*TOPIC: WORSHIP ONLY THE OWNER*

*Read Luke 4:1-12*
*MEMORISE: _Therefore, if you will worship before me, all will be yours_ (Luke 4:7)*

*EXPOSITION*
The owner and caretaker of a property are not the same. Even when the caretaker is the custodian, manager and whatever title you give him on the properties, he remains an agent, as he has his principal, who is the property owner. This has absolute authority over the agent and the entire properties! Satan, the devil, was upbeat about truncating Jesus' assignment on earth when he tempted him, variously. He first persuaded Christ, having been famished after 40 days and nights of rigorous fasting and prayer, to turn stone to bread. Satan was countered with the Word of God. God is the Owner of both stone and bread, so no need of obeying Satan on this. He created us for Himself *(Rev. 4:11).*

Secondly, according to Saint Matthew (4:5-7), the devil wanted to make Jesus jump down from the temple's pinnacle to prove Himself as the Lord and Son of God, with reference to Psa. 91:11,12, but He (Jesus) declined, quoting Deut. 6:16. The last was where he asked Jesus to only bow to him, in order to have all earth's contents at His beck and call.

You might want to ask: "Is Satan truly the owner of all these, as he claims to be?" No, of course. God is the true Owner of life and everything in the universe, including Satan, himself. He (the devil) is referred to as god of the world, but never god over God's children, though ignorantly handed over to him in the garden of Eden. Those who serve him (Satan) are his *(1 Jn. 3:8-10)*. He cannot possess God's heritage, which we are. Jesus Christ refused to bow at, and kiss Satan's feet. You must also do the same, in all ramifications. Your worship, service, offering, honour and entire lifetime are only due to God, Who is the true Owner of the heavens, earth and all that are in them *(Psa. 24:1ff).*

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, I refuse to bow my head or knees to the devil for anything, in Jesus' name.
2. Devil, hear my sincere resolve and confession with the backing of my Lord Jesus: I will never come to you for anything. Get lost, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray that God should deliver supposed ministers of the gospel, who are deliberately or ignorantly dining with the devil for power, fame and wealth.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 16 - 18 & Acts 11*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:18am On Apr 10, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, April 9, 2020 - _Holy Thursday_*

*TOPIC: FINE LINEN, WHITE AND CLEAN*

*Read Revelation 19:11-16*
*MEMORISE: _And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses_ (Revelation 19:14)*

*EXPOSITION*
As the Lord would descend with His holy host from the sky, after the 7-years feast of the Lamb's marriage, and to establish the unstoppable millennial reign on earth, His encourage would be 'the armies in heaven'. The question arises: How would these armies be able to follow, walk and work with the faithful, true and righteous Word of God, even the King of kings and Lord of lords (vv. 11,13,16), so closely?

They would be clothed in fine linen and the colour would be white, linen itself, has serious spiritual implications, added to the spiritual import of 'white'. White symbolises holiness, faithfulness, truthfulness, righteousness. Those who would reign with Christ in the Millennial Reign and in eternity are those who have been, and are being clothed with the holiness and righteousness of Christ Jesus, in His Word *(Eph. 5:26)*, having given their lives to Him, totally. Such ones have Christ's righteousness imputed in them, and you know the result *(Rom. 4:7,cool.*

Furthermore, these ones have their white robes CLEAN. That is it! It is possible to put on a dirty white linen. Isn't it? White, but dirty. What an irony! What is the usefulness? The armies have their white fine linen washed clean in the blood of the Lamb (CAC Hymn 502). We must regularly visit the ever-living pool of Christ's blood and God's Word for progressive sanctification, i.e. continuous washing of our Christian lives (white fine linen) *(Eph. 5:26,27)* to maintain the God-expected shining white nature. Also, we must deliberately and consciously flee those things (sin, ungodliness) that Satan tempts us with, in the world, which can contaminate our Christian lives *(1 Cor. 6:18-20; 1 Tim. 6:11-16).* Only then do we have the hope of reigning with Him, now and eternally *(Heb. 12:14).*

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O Lord Jesus, I visit the pool of Your ever-living blood, now. Cleanse me of every filth, in Jesus' name.
2. Holy Spirit, help me to flee every appearance of evil, so that I can stay clean and pure, in preparation for Christ's Second Coming, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray that God should help those in government, at all levels, to stop soiling their hands with the accursed things, and loading their cupboards with skeletons.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 19 - 20 & Acts 12*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:18am On Apr 10, 2020

*Friday, April 10, 2020*

*Good Friday*

*OUR DEFEATED FOE*

*Read Hebrews 4:1-12*

*MEMORISE*
*For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12)*

*EXPOSITION*
How do we triumph over the devil in everyday life? First, we need to recognise that the devil is a defeated foe. The Son of God came to undo the work of the devil (1 Pet. 3:cool. The crucifixion of Christ, which looked like a great victory for Satan, turned out to be a great triumph for God, because it was on the cross that Jesus took our sins away.
The devil had thought he was stopping God’s eternal redemptive programme/plan. However, his limited know edge, being not omniscient, worked against him. He had forgotten that he would bruise the heel of the Seed of the woman, but that the Seed would crush his head (Gen. 3:15). Had he known he was only fulfilling Scriptures by instigating those people to hurry Jesus to the cross, he wouldn't have done that; he wouldn't have possessed Judas to betray Jesus. He missed it to his own eternal damnation. Glory be to God. Hallelujah!
God laid our sins on Christ, so that when our Lord bowed His head and said, "It is finished", He was referring to the plan of redemption and salvation. Then, we are to resist the devil. If we resist him, Scripture says, he will flee from us. Jesus overcame the devil not by argument, but simply by quoting Scripture (Jas. 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:8,9). That is why it is so important to learn and memorise the Scripture on daily basis, as Christians, because the Bible is our daily manual for living, and the source of great power to silence the devil and keep him where he belongs (cf. Rom. 16:20).
Thanks be to God for this great immeasurable victory He has given us in our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 15:57). Neither should you reject this great Gift of God nor should you joke with it (Heb. 2:3).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Divine empowerment to defeat Satan through the power of the Word of God, is my portion today, in Jesus'
name.
2. I confess it loud and clear that by the mercy of God, I will not fall by the way side, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord by the same power of Yours that shocked the devil on Cavalry, let him be shamed defeated and relegated totally in our dear nation. Let the voice of the enemies of Your gospel be heard no more in this nation in Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 21-22 & Acts 13*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Follow this link to get this devotion on WhatsApp

https://

chat dot whatsapp dot com/

EmYIZb6rUoFFwG19PiVORP
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:56am On Apr 10, 2020
Funjosh:
Follow this link to get this devotion on WhatsApp

https://

chat dot whatsapp dot com/

EmYIZb6rUoFFwG19PiVORP

Change the dot to . Then remove the space in-between them and join all together.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:31am On Apr 11, 2020

*Saturday, April 11, 2020*

*ASLEEP IN CHRIST JESUS*

*Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18*

*MEMORISE*
*But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope (1 Thessalonians 4:13)*

*EXPOSITION*
The hope of the Christian is the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the rapture of the living believers, at His Second Coming. This is the primary theme of 1 Thessalonians, especially 4:13; 5:10. In fact, it is significant that this book is also the one with the largest number of specific references to Christ’s Second Coming. If it were not for this hope, we would have no hope for the future. *If in this life only we can have hope In Christ*, Paul submitted, under divine inspiration, *we are of all men most pitiable* (1 Cor. 15:19).
The Bible uses the term, "sleep' to describe death only in the case of Christians, and never for non-Christians (cf. Jn. 11:11). No wonder the Amplified Bible renders, in part, our memory scripture as, *Now also we would not have you ignorant, brethren, about those who fall asleep [in death)*. The idea of falling asleep here, is that of experiencing death, but this time around, in the Christian context. There is genuine sorrow, of course, when a believer dies, but that sorrow is softened and sublimated by the 'blessed hope" of Christ's return (Tit. 2:13). *For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus (1 Thess. 4:14)*
The souls of those who have accepted the Lordship of Jesus before tasting death, whose bodies are asleep, are not in a place of torment now. They would be the first to see the LORD before the living saints (1 Thess. 4:16b,17).
Only those who die in peace can 'rest in peace'. And who is he who dies in peace? He is that person who has experienced genuine conversion to Christ (2 Cor. 5:17), thereby having His peace in Him, through sanctification by His Spirit and Word. Death to that person is a mere transition from mortality to glorious immortality with the King of Peace (Jn. 14:1ff). No one who dies outside Christ can 'rest in peace'. This is the blessed hope of believers in Christ Jesus, who are waiting patiently for the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus. Keep that in mind as we celebrate the One who came, died and resurrected to redeem us, this Easter.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O God of heaven, grant me the grace not to be found wanting, when the trumpet of rapture shall be sounded.
2. O Lord, preserve my life through the power of Holy Spirit, until the day You have appointed for me to return to You, and then, let me be able to truly 'rest in peace'.
3. Pray for as many as possible widows widowers and orphans.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Joshua 23 - 24, & Acts 14*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 2:56am On Apr 12, 2020

*Sunday, April 12, 2020*

*Easter Sunday*

*JESUS POWER OVER DEATH*

*Read John 11:1-45*

*MEMORISE*
*When Jesus heard that, He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it" (John 11:4)*

*EXPOSITION*
It has been the attitude of Jesus Christ to use any available opportunity to manifest His greatness and goodness to people of the world in an inexplainable way, and all to the glory of God. According to our memory Scripture, Jesus used the death and the raising of Lazarus, which is the last of the seven signs of Jesus that john recorded in his gospel, to reveal His power over death.
Also, the Lord used this opportunity to erase a Jewish tradition of four days after death, that a person who has been dead for four days cannot come back to life, or be raised, again. That is why Jesus did not go to Bethany that very day He received the message from Lazarus’ sisters (v. 6). When Lazarus finally died, Jesus declared to the disciples (v. 14). He
then says. *And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, that you may believe. Nevertheless let us go to him* (v. 15). The change the Lord wanted to make in the public, He had to start with His disciples. It Is what you have that you can give to others.
When it was exactly four days that Lazarus had been dead, Jesus got to Bethany (v. 17). Martha told Jesus when she met Him that, if He had been here, her brother would not have died. Jesus replied her and said, *I am the resurrection and life*, which means 'I am the one who can give life and raise from dead" (vv.21-26). When Jesus gave order for people to take away the stone from Lazarus’ tomb, Martha was still reminding the Lord their tradition of four days after death (v. 39). *Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?"* (v. 40). No tradition in your family or the society can debar God from doing Whatever He intends to do for you, if you have faith in Him.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, render them null and void over my life, evil traditions of my lineage.
2. Lord, use Your power over death to revive weakened areas of my life.
3. Pray that God should help us relegate to the background, those ungodly traditions that have taken root in
our churches strangulating true and lasting discipleship and growth.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Judges 1 -2 & Acts 15*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:16am On Apr 13, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Monday, April 13, 2020 - _Easter Monday_*

*TOPIC: THE AUTHORITY IN THIS NAME, JESUS*

*Read Philippians 2:1-15*
*MEMORISE: _Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father_ (Philippians 2:9-11)*

*EXPOSITION*
This is a true life story. Please read: “When I was very young, in the village, together with my friends, we always wondered who this Jesus was and why He was so powerful that at the mention of His name, there was a great shout or scream from individuals that were suspected to be with familiar spirits. It became an assignment to us to watch out for those who were possessed. My God! You need to see the fear in those who were possessed as they could never mention the name JESUS. All other names were easy to mention, but when it came to mentioning JESUS, they will say different things. It was not until we were grown up that we knew about Philippians 2:9-11”, as stated above.

Dearly beloved, do you know that because of Jesus’ daring sacrifice on the cross, God the Father accorded Him such a position of authority as to command such power in heaven, on earth, and underneath the earth? The actual sense of demons fleeing, power bowing, natural and spiritual forces submitting, sicknesses and diseases disappearing, all at the mention of that name, goes a long way to show the credibility of His person.

He has been God right from eternity *(Jn. 1:1ff).* Yet, He had to become man *(Jn. 1:14)* to redeem man from the consequences of the Fall *(Gal. 4:4,5)*. Having successfully perfected this great feat by His sacrificial life and death, He has been highly exalted, divinely given all authority, with the name that is above all *(Acts 4:12)*. Any prayer, petition or request not channelled to God through this only name, has already received technical knockout *(Jn. 15:16; 16:23,24,26)*. What a mighty Name (JESUS) we have!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, I need further revelation of You in my life.
2. Lord Jesus, at the mention of Your name let every conspiracy against my life, home, ministry and endeavours be scattered, in Jesus’ name.
3. Lord Jesus, show the superior power in Your name over the forces of darkness in this land, in Jesus’ name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Judges 3 – 4 & Acts 16*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:17am On Apr 14, 2020

*Tuesday, April 14, 2020*

*TEACH US HOW TO PRAY*

*Read Matthew 6:5-13*

*MEMORISE*
*In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name (Matthew 6:9)*

*EXPOSITION*
Prayer seems not to be new, but majority seldom know what it is really all about. We do pray, but we rarely pray alright. Jesus Christ, during His earthly ministry, took time during His sermon on the mount (the Beatitudes) to teach His listeners how to pray. Although, the popular "the Lord's prayer" is not to be dogmatically or routinely recited as schoolboy rote, during prayer time, yet it represents the model or pattern any prayer to God ought to follow.
Our prayer must be preceded by praises, honour and adoration to God (Matt. 6:9). This symbolises relationship with God the Father-Father-son relationship. Don't let your problem or prayer point/focus, becloud your awe for God. God must be revered, worshipped and exalted. Also, the recipient of these is only Our Father in Heaven. Following this is the consciousness and recognition of His imminent Kingdom. This means, you pull down your earthly 'kingdom' or empire first, to pave way for His kingdom. In your prayer, God's will should be supreme. Many Christians struggle here because their minds are already pre-occupied with their selfish wills (Jas. 4:3).
Having satisfied the above conditions, you can now begin to ask for your daily bread. You can request for mercy over your faults and errors, but this is dependent on whether or not you show mercy also. In closing, you still crave for the Kingdom of God because, you ultimately belong to Him. All glory and power must also be returned to God.
Did you see anything like crushing the heads of the enemies there? Did Christ teach us to curse in prayer? Did you ever see Him make mention of specific names as adversaries during His prayer? You must follow Christ's footstep, today and always, God helping you.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. God, help me to know the art praying in the way You want, in Jesus' name.
2. Holy Spirit, teach me and help me to pray aright, always (Rom. 8:26).
3. Lord, refocus the attention of our revivalists on prayers that edify the body of Christ than those kill-them-all 'bulldozer' prayers.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Judges 5-6 & Acts 17*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 5:15am On Apr 15, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Wednesday, April 15, 2020*

*TOPIC: DANGER FROM THE STRANGER*

*Read John 10:1-16*
*MEMORISE: _Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers_ (John 10:5)*

*EXPOSITION*
Kids are always warned to keep away from strangers. The reason for this is clear: strangers are unknown, unfamiliar, and therefore, their intentions are unpredictable. When a child sees a stranger, is he/she immediately opens to him/her? This is so, because a stranger is a stranger; no more, no less. We have so many examples of bad experiences of people who had been in troubles, because of accommodating strangers. Examples abound of cities and other communities that have been taken over by strangers they benevolently accommodated in the first place.

The Holy Ghost is ministering through this platform to users to be very wary of Satan, the devil. The devil is very deceptive and cunny. In fact, he has been a thief and stranger to man from the beginning *(Jn. 10:10)*. Jesus unequivocally says that His sheep would not follow any strange person, because the sheep recognise His voice. No matter how the devil clones his voice *(cf. 1 Jn. 4:6)* to sound like Jesus Christ’s, he is not the Lord *(Phil. 2:10-12).* Unfortunately, many people cannot differentiate between the stranger and the Lord; they lack the grace of spiritual discernment and sensitivity! This is why many are swindled, spiritually. The stranger has nothing in stock, except to blindfold, steal, kill and destroy his victims. So, the stranger (devil and his agents) has got nothing to offer you.

You are enabled by the Holy Spirit never to accommodate this stranger in whatever form he presents himself. If you assist him instead of resisting him, he will gain an upper hand, and before you know it, a lot of damages might have been done *(Eph. 4:27; Jas. 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:9).* The stranger is not only dangerous but also very deadly, because he never wanted, and still does not want anyone to escape the horror and torture of hell, his predetermined end *(Rev. 20:10);* he doesn’t want to be there alone. Desist from following the stranger, henceforth. Follow Jesus, alone!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O Lord, help me to always avoid the devil and all He represents.
2. O God, give me the grace to always identify every manifestation of the devil, no matter how cunny he hides them.
3. O God, give our leaders the grace to be above the devil always in the discharge of their duties to Your people.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Judges 7 – 8 & Acts 18*

*Remain blessed!*

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy, Playing Football & Table Tennis (Photos) / No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.