Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church (36029 Views)

How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / The Apostolic Church Nigeria Releases 2016 Motto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2016
THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTION
Wednesday, January 20, 2016

BEFORE YOU CRUCIFY JUDAS

READ MARK 14:17-20

MEMORISE: You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (Matt 7:5)

Before you condemn Judas Iscariot, first weigh your way of life, and relationship with your neighbors, boss, co-workers and juniors. Judas Iscariot was one of Jesus' disciples for about three years, but because of his disposition, greed and ulterior motive, the 3 years had no positive effect on, and end his life miserably. Eternity was not what was primary to him, but economic gains. Salvation mattered nothing to him, but scavenging the common purse was his motive and motivation.

Man loves pointing out the faults of others, even when he is covertly and/or overtly guilty of such. So many people easily condemn Abraham for the birth of Ishmael. How many will find themselves under such hot pressure from the frustrated Sarah, a pressure that was culturally acceptable, aned not fall for it, but for God's grace?

Remember that, biblically, if your right or left hand will make you sin against God, better cut it off. Meaning, as the need arises to go through the pain of self-denial, do it because it is better than being denied of heaven where endless joy/bliss is (Col 3:5).

So, don't be master at criticising others. Physician, first heal thyself? Leave others' judgements to God.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Appreciate God that the power to deliver is with and from Him.

2. Lord, pray fore me like You prayed for Peter, lest I mess up.

3. Grant me the grace, Oh God, to make message out of my mess and glory out of my disgrace.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: EXODUS 25:28

If you desire breakthroughs in your personal life, one of the fastest ways to achieving it is to have a strong affection for God and His kingdom.
...Every of your spiritual investments in the church of God shall return this year as enviable change of levels in the name of Jesus Christ!
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 8:06am On Jan 21, 2016
Thursday, January 21, 2016

REPENTANCE, NOT RETIREMENT!

READ LUKE 13:1-5

MEMORISE: I tell you, no! But unless you repent , you too will all perish. (Luke 13:5)

Early in every year, people are commonly fond of making New Year resolutions. This should normally become a workable road map or year planner. It is 'New Year; New System' for last year's drinkers, womanizers, liars, thieves... who think they can renounce these acts by mere phony resolutions! Even when it seems to work out, it is nothing but a temporary victory. No one is capable of overcoming sin by mere mouth-watering resolutions; the best it has produced is nothing but retirement from sin, instead of repentance.

When a person temporarily retires from a particular sin without sorrow unto repentance, he will soon resume with renewed vigour and smartest deceits (2 Cor 7:8,9). This is the true picture of some people in the church today. They pass through all the nitty-gritty of Christianity—baptism by immersion, speaking in tongues at receipt of Holy Spirit baptism, being workers, eventual ordination as elders, deacons/deaconesses, etc.

However, there was never a time these really surrendered their sinful Adamic nature at Calvary, which is a compulsory prerequisite for all that wish to become children of God. They simply retired, but never repented from their sins. When a man stops drinking alcohol because of his age or health status and not because of encounter with the Word of God, that is not repentance, but simply retirement! Have you repented or retire from malice, fornication, adultery, gossiping and the rest? Now is the time!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, let Your Spirit help me to be truly converted to You from worldliness.

2. Lord, restore the revival of genuine conversion occasioned by the Word in our churches.

3. Lord, help our church leaders at all levels to tackle the menace of hypocrisy and false pretence to a halt.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: EXODUS 29-32

It is believed that Nigeria's economy is facing serious crisis... I speak to someone who cares to say AMEN.... You will never experience financial crisis for the rest of your life in Jesus Christ name.
Key yourself into the covenant of DIVINE OVERFLOW with a strong AMEN.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 1:40am On Jan 22, 2016

Friday, January 22, 2016

BE SKILFULLY DILIGENT
READ 1 SAMUEL 17:41-54
MEMORISE: But David said to Saul, "Your servant has been keeping his father's sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock." (1 Sam 17:34)

At times, power and energy are not as required as skill (the ability to do something well, especially, because one has learnt and practiced it). Where power/energy seem to have failed, skill is needed. Vocationally, skill cannot be wished away, because every vocation requires unique skills. David, Jesse's last child, was like condemned to keeping animals in the lonely forest, while his brothers were lavished with the largesse of being old enough to go to war as Israel soldiers. David was alone in the field relating with the family of sheep!

However, most interesting is that he painstakingly learnt in the wilderness, the skills that God's grace banked on to shoot him to stardom (1 Sam 16:10-14). When you do other people's job diligently, you are preparing to be shot to limelight. David was seemingly forgotten and neglected, but he took time to diligently do the work committed to his hands, actually laying foundation for his eventual promotion (1 Sam 17:54-58).

Apart from the divine grace and anointing on you, you must be skillfully diligent. Don't allow indolence because you are acting behind the scene in God's work! (Prov 6:1ff) Your time of revelation will surely come. Who knows how your little praying, studying, tract writing, singing, counseling, etc. skills will speak for you someday? Just keep on keeping on. God bleed you (Amen).

PRAYER POINTS
1. O Lord, help me to be skillfully diligent in all my endeavors in You.
2. Pray against indolence and get-rich-quick tendency among our youths that result in their indulgence in criminal practices.
3. Lord, let every straying believer see the dangers of prodigality and return home to You with broken and contrite heart.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: EXODUS 33-36

Every oppression of the devil sitting on your destiny is unseated in the name of Jesus Christ.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Saturday, January 23, 2016

I STILL KNOW HER

READ GENESIS 2:19-25

MEMORISE: The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. (Gen 2:25)

One busy morning, a young female doctor was removing the stitches on an octogenarian man's thumb. When the elderly man checked his watch, he told the doctor he was in a hurry for another appointment. He needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. 'What's wrong with her health?' The doctor inquired. He said that she'd been there for a while, down with Alzheimer's disease (progressive mental deterioration in middle or old age, due to generaliized degeneration of the brain).

The doctor asked, 'Would she be upset if you are a bit late.' He replied that she had not recognised him in 5 years. The surprised doctor asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?' He smiled and said, 'She doesn't know me but I still know who she is.' The doctor had to hold back tears as he left. She thought, 'That this is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is not just physical or romantic. It accepts all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. God didn't promise us marriages that will not be buffeted by the storms of life. Openness, trust and understanding each other help a lot.

Adam and Eve were created to be open to each other (Gen 2:25). Just look at how they still stuck together both physically and emotionally, not passing the bulk, after the terrible fall (Gen 2:20ff). Look at how Elizabeth stood by the dumb Zechariah (Lk 1:8ff).

Are you planning to quit that marriage because of the present challenges? (Rom 8:28) DON'T! Just learn to tolerate, accommodate, appreciate and celebrate your spouse, and leave the rest to God. You will laugh last (Eph 5:17-33).

PRAYER POINTS

1. Thank God for the kind of spouse God has given you.

2. Honestly and passionately commit the present situation of your marriage/home to God, the institutor of marriage.

3. Ask God to heal the wounded, near-breakage marriages everywhere.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: EXODUS 37-40

God bless you this weekend.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:25am On Jan 25, 2016
Monday, January 25, 2016

CLOSE TO THE HOUSE!

READ MATTHEW 24:32-51

MEMORISE: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. (2 Peter 3:10)

One cool evening, a wife, with her wrapper firmly tied around her waist, was relaxing in the garden, knowing that her husband wouldn't return from work until much more later. She was deeply enjoying the weather outside when her phone suddenly rung. It was the husband, calling. She was surprised to hear him announce, "I am close to the house". "What... What did you say?" She stammered. With a serious baritone voice, the husband confirmed, "I am close to the house". 
She wasn't expecting him then... She looked everywhere and said, "He mustn't meet me this way". She hurriedly ran inside, changed into an evening gown, and rushed into the kitchen to wash her dirty dishes. Like an automatic machine, she rushed out to dry the bathroom floor with a mobbing brush. Still panting but smiling, she rushed to sweep the bedroom, living room and their balcony, after which she sat down, patiently expecting her hubby.

Why the scurry? She knew he hated meeting the house dirty and disorderly. Imagine what would have happened if he had come home unannouced earlier than expected. The announcement helped her to clear his dislikes she had flagrantly flaunted. No man knows when Christ will return. It will be like a thief in the night.

Have you been delaying giving your life to Him and living in His holiness? Have you been ignoring His calls? You had better run to His Cross now for forgiveness and salvation. The next second might be too late (1 Thess 5:2).

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, give me the wisdom and sensitivity to know when to act and not to, in accordance with your will.

2. Lord, help me to be more selfless in my approach to life.

3. Lord, deliver our political, traditional and church leaders from rash statements and actions.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 4-6

This week shall be a fruitful one unto you and you will have huge success in every of your undertakings in Jesus Christ name.

Pls let your lessons derived keep coming in.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:07am On Jan 26, 2016
Tuesday, January 26, 2016

FAR FROM OPPRESSION

READ PSALM 91:1-8

MEMORISE: A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right, but it will not come near you. (Psa 91:7)

When God announced the death of the firstborn of human being and animals in Egypt, the children of Israel were also in the land. God proved that in the midst of troubles and wars, He is able to protect His own. But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any man or animal. Then you will know that the LORD makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel (Exo 11:7).

The protection of God was real to them, and is real to us today. Yes! Of course, you can be far from all forms of oppression in life. That is if you come to the One (Jesus Christ) Who has the power to quell any form of oppression (cf. Matt 28:18).

Your God-given husband isn't created to be a sickly man. The wife in your palace is not a necessary evil, but a daughter of Zion. The children given to you are children of covenant. They are special breed from God. The blood of Jesus Christ protects the new location you live.

God has promised us safety from the snare of the demonic fowlers, terror of the day and night, pestilence fired from the wicked ones in the night and their daylight operations (Job 5:19-22). Do not be afraid! (Isa 43:1). You are far from oppression now and henceforth! (Isa 43:2).

Be rest assured as you go your way today: our great Refuge, God (Prov 18:10), is with you. Let nothing scare you. You are covered!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Thank You Father for Your covenant of protection over my life.

2. I enter into the realm of joyful peace and total protection in my life in Jesus' mighty name.

3. Ask God to terminate wicked tendencies in the hearts of elites and the wealthy in our nation, in Jesus' mighty name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 7-9

You will be victorious all through this year in Jesus Christ name.
...What are the lessons learnt in today's devotion?
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:36am On Jan 27, 2016
Wednesday, January 27, 2016

BREAK THE LIONS' TEETH

READ JOB 4:8-11

MEMORISE: Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals." (Revelation 5:5).

One of the most dangerous animals on earth is lion. Despite that it has small size and is hairy in nature, it is a fearful animal. Its paws and teeth are punching and piercing. Any time a lion pounces on another animal, it is only God that can deliver such an animal from its teeth. The devil is more dangerous. However, thanks for the all-mighty power of God who saves and delivers from satanic and demonic lions.

There are some dangerous and sharp teeth such as unseen arrows, bad news, bankruptcy, debts, failure, helplessness, joblessness, marital crises, lack of promotion, stagnancy, late marriage, nightmare, unseen marks following someone, generational curses, hatred and so on biting many people today in the society. Many have gone deep into the coven of the enemies, where they orchestrate these evils by seeking solutions. They know not that wicked powers in these dark places of the earth are the originators of these wicked operations.

When you come to God and cry to Him in faith, He will deliver you from the teeth of the terrible lion that is harassing you. He has assured us in His word that the lions may roar and growl, yet the teeth of the great lions are broken (Job 4:10) in your life and situations. The Lion of the tribe of Judah is the only true Lion in heaven and on earth. The rest are roaring voices making disturbing noise that must be silenced, and are silenced. He has prevailed. This is the reason for your testimony and breakthrough now. Do you believe?

PRAYER POINTS

1. Jesus Christ, I thank You for this revelation and truth.

2. I decree, every roaring lion's tooth against my destiny, you are uprooted now, in Jesus' mighty name.

3. Ask God to help His Church in the land to recover all grounds it has lost to the enemies of the gospel due to carelessness and complacency.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 10-12

Every form of misfortune around your life is destroyed in Jesus Christ name

...Keep lessons learnt coming in. Shalom!
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:24am On Jan 28, 2016
Thursday, January 28, 2016

ROOT IT OUT!

READ GALATIANS 5:19-21

MEMORISE: God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." (1 Cor 5:13)

The children of God are unique people on earth. They are special to God because the blood of Jesus Christ redeems them, and the Holy Spirit is keeping them for the second coming.

You must appreciate the fact that you are a Christian and not a criminal. This gives you authority to command both the heaven and the earth. The power given to you as a child of God is above any political power. The political power of a president of a country is limited to framework of his nation only. But you are seated with Christ far above all principalities. And what is exceeding greatness of His power towards us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power...far above all principality and power and dominion, and every name that is named... (Eph. 1:19-21;NKJV).

Those who are children of God are within the vineyard of God. They enjoy the blessings of God. They are untouchable by the evil external powers and principalities. God has so much invested in you as His son and daughter. Then you are expected to stay within His territory to keep enjoying His covering and blessing. But, within this territory, certain things are not permitted. These are written in the book of Galatians 5:19-21 (NKJV) such as adultery, fornication, uncleanness, sorcery, hatred, contentious,...envy, murder, drunkenness...and the like...those who do practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Therefore, root them out now from your life! Mortify them, lest they finish you!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, uproot any evil seed of Satan and sin in me now, in Jesus' name.

2. I dedicate my body, soul and spirit to You, oh God, in Jesus' name.

3. Ask that God should empower the Church to take the issue of discipline and intolerance with compromise very seriously.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 13-15

You shall be walking in greater weights of glory this year in the name of Jesus!
... What has Holy Spirit ministered to you in today's message?
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Racade(m): 6:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
God bless you.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Friday, January 29, 2016

SINLESS IN A LONELY ROOM

READ GENESIS 39:1-9

MEMORISE: For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. (Titus 2:11-12)

The Word of God teaches against lip service. It also warns us against being men pleasers...and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favour, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col 3:22b). Many people have lost the glory of God over their lives because they failed to recognise the all-looking eyes of God.

God wants us to be in tune with Him in all situations and circumstances. The public and private lives you live should be the same at all times. That is Christianity consistency—integrity. Whatever you say in the secret will be used to judge you in the public. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgement (Matt 12:36;NKJV). God sees us in secret, and what we do. When you pray to Him in the secret, He will reward you in the open (Matt 6:6). When you do any charitable deed in the secret, He will give you abundantly in return in the open.

Being alone in the room doesn't mean you should defile yourself. Joseph knew (how?) this eternal truth. He was in the house alone with a wayward mistress who wouldn't respect her husband who had gone on his official duty. She set eyes on Joseph, but Joseph set his eyes on God. Joseph wouldn't climb the bed in secret just for few minutes of 'enjoyment'. He set his eyes on the throne of his God-given destiny. He remained sinless in a lonely room. What do you do in your lonliness? Repent now!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father Lord, I need Your deliverance from where I have burned my virtues in the secret.

2. I set my life free from the bondage of secret sins and the sinful partner today, in Jesus' name.

3. Lord, make our Church and political leaders consistent in their ways of life; help them to be people of integrity.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 16-18

I see the righteousness of God giving you unending harvests in Jesus Christ name.

To the very early readers, am so sorry for sending the devotion a bit late today.
Let's keep lessons learnt coming in so we can learn more from each other
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Racade(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Thanks OP. God bless you. God is Omniscient: He sees all we do daily. Remaining sinless even when we are lonely attracts blessings. Joseph is a good example.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 3:17am On Jan 30, 2016
Saturday, January 30, 2016

THE CONNECTED ONES

READ MARK 3:13-19

MEMORISE: I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)

God forbids bad occurrence! There is no electrician on earth who is respected by high-tension cable. Anyone who touches it will definitely be roasted to ashes because of the power voltage in it. The reason is simply because the tension is high and the power supply in it is potent and effective. Can you imagine what the power of God will be if this mere human device can be so powerful?

The Word of God says, God has spoken once, twice I have heard this: that power belongs to God (Psa 62:11; NKJV). When you are connected with the power of the Almighty, you become more potent than a high-tension facility. One reason for your connection is to root out sickness, diseases, debt, demons and destiny-destroying powers from your generation. The connected ones are carriers of the power of God on earth. God is still looking for those who will connect themselves with Him.

But Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD'S people were prophets and that the LORD would put His Spirit on them!" (Num 11:29). The connected ones are the converted ones. They have repented and have been converted. God does not just give His power anyhow. Before Jesus gave His power to His disciples, He had called them and they had come to Him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matt 11:28).

Once connected, do not be disconnected through your choices and actions. Stay connected with HIM by regular rugged devotional life plus total obedience.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord! I refuse to be disconnected from Your power, henceforth, in Jesus' name.

2. I reconnect myself with Your power and authority today, to do exploits in and for God, in Jesus' name.

3. Lord, let there be true and lasting revival in Your Church everywhere.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 19-21

God will suspend the law of nature to make you fulfill destiny in Jesus Christ name

... Comment for lesson derived
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:33am On Jan 31, 2016
HE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTION
Sunday, January 31, 2016

SPIRITUALITY OR SOCIALIZATION?

READ GENESIS 34:1-7

MEMORISE: So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. (Galatians 5:16)

Dinah was the only daughter of the thirteen children in the family of Jacob. She was also the only daughter of her mother, Leah, out of seven children (Gen 30:19-21). Bad enough, she did not treasure her position as a unique daughter in the holy families of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. She forgot that she belonged to a different lineage. One day, she wanted to belong to and socialise with the Canaanite daughters, and went out to them. She never returned home the same way she went as a virgin. Watch out for your movements and friendship!

There are two races on earth: the saved and the unsaved; Christians and criminals; the saints and the sinners; God's children and the children of the devil. Unfortunately, many are still playing religion, thinking that they are in the light while, in the real sense, they are in deep and hellish darkness.

Still unfortunately, those who are in the light are divided into two parallel lines: spirituality and socialisation. God is God of creativity but spirituality is eternally divided from socialisation when it comes to serving the true God.
...Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God. Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God (James 4:4; NKJV).

You should know that you belong to the Christian race. Therefore, be more spiritual henceforth, in your attitudes and approach to life.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, forgive my errors of worldly Christianity in the past.

2. I cast off all the garments of worldliness in my life, in Jesus' name.

3. Lord, let every form of worldliness in our churches be uprooted, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 22-24

Grace to stay away from anyone that will drag your destiny down, receive it in Jesus' name!

... Any lesson derived?
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 6:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Monday, February 1, 2016

WORTH MORE THAN MATERIALS

READ EPHESIANS 5:1,2

MEMORISE: Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children (Ephesians 5:1).

When a person does not know the real value of a material, he can pay higher than its normal price. At the same time, when a person does not know the value of what he has, he can cast it before a dog or pig, or allow someone else take it away from him. Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces (Matt 7:6), says Jesus.

Christians are precious gifts and children before God. No one on earth can pay the price tag on your value. This because no one can pay the price tag on the blood of Jesus Christ. We are bought with an eternal price tag. We are precious to God, and are priests before Him. The riches of God displayed on us cannot be quantified with anything. You should know your worth before God and on earth. When you walk on the streets, in you place of work, at school and in the market, be sure of your worth, and walk worthy of it.

One of the saddest event recorded in the Bible is the story of a young lady called Dinah. She lost her virginity to the Canaanite Shechem, an unbeliever and an idol worshipper. Dinah ignored her worth, and Shechem reduced her to material worth. Then Shechem said to Dinah's father and brothers, "Let me find favour in your eyes, and I will give whatever you ask. Make the price for the bride and the gift I am to bring as great as you like, and I'll pay whatever you ask me. Only give me the girl as my wife" (Gen 34:11-12). 
You are worth more than mere material!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, wherever I have lost my worth before You, restore me now.

2. I refuse to be reduced to material worth by any man, in Jesus' name.

3. Pray that materialism will become a thing of the past among Christian/Church leaders.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: LEVITICUS 25-27

You will rule over your enemies in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Tuesday, February 2, 2016

BREAK YOUR CAMP

READ DEUTERONOMY 1:6-8

MEMORISE: Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighbouring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates. (Deut 1:7)

If you have ever been to any farm settlement, you would have seen the hamlets and huts there. These huts have been there for years without any new touch. The dilapidated ones worth being repaired with mud. One feature of a hut or camp is the fact that it is there on a spot. It is also limited in size,old,tattered,and stagnant.

When the Israelites were in the wilderness, they lived in camps and stayed on a spot for years. It got to a stage God told Moses, You have stayed long enough at this mountain. Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites... See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land that the LORD swore He would give to your fathers... (Deut 1:6-cool
Anything could stand as camp before you that you have to break. Fear is one of them. Doubt is a camp that limits many. Lack of vision could set a limitation over one's destiny. Inability or unwillingness to restore what you stole (restitution) could be the camp choking your blessings and testimonies. Failure to forgive your husband, wife, parents, friends, lecturers, neighbours and even pastor could be camps limiting you. The besetting sins in your heart and spirit can cage you. Break the camp now and advance. 
There is a land of destiny manifestation for you to go in and possess. Until you break that camp, you are limited. Break the cocoon now and go forward.

PRAYER POINTS

1. I break every camp of limitations in my destiny today, in Jesus' name.

2. I advance to my land of possession today, in the mighty name of Jesus' name.

3. Lord, destroy every form of obstacle limiting the exploits of the Church for You in this land.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 1-4

Every barrier on the path to your promised land this year clears in the mighty name of Jesus!

Any lesson learnt?
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:33am On Feb 03, 2016
Wednesday, February 3, 2016

SIN IS YOUR WEAKNESS

READ ROMANS 7:13-25

MEMORISE: I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Phil 4:13)

Perhaps you have heard many people claim to have a type of weakness or the other,physically,spiritually and psychologically.

The psychological classifications of man into several temperamental divisions might support this school of thought. But in the spiritual and Christian matters, you are not supposed to celebrate any shortcoming in the Lord. Jesus Christ did not die for half-baked Christianity and Christians. Also, He did not die so that there might be a residue of sin in you. Some have gone to the lamentable level of celebrating and idolising the so-called "weakness." Weakness should not be categorised as wickedness and waywardness. Desire progress, improvement and life devoid of offence towards God and men.

It is the devil's strategy to deceive and hold you captive. He wants to hold you in his prison, while selling the falsehood to you that the sin you commit is your weakness. How can unfaithfulness to your spouse be your weakness? If you consider any of these: drunkenness, fornication, adultery, stealing, anger, disobedience, masturbation, watching pornography, lustful thoughts, secret smoking, lateness to church service, missing your Bible study and Sunday School, fraudulent acts, extortions, etc. (Rom 1:28-32; Gal 5:19-21) as your weakness, will you also say poverty, failure, lack of success and destiny disasters are your weaknesses also?

Believe God for your spiritual renewal,and strengthen yourself in Him. There is no sin you cannot overcome. Give your life to Jesus Christ today and commit yourself to Him anew. You are victorious.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Thank You Father for revealing the devil's secret to me that no sin is my weakness.

2. I break every yoke of besetting sin in my life by the power in the blood of Jesus.

3. Lord, render the hell-sent prosperity gospel trying to becloud the true gospel of righteousness of no more effect in our churches.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 5-8

The honor of the father will locate you this new week in Jesus Christ name. God bless you
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:44am On Feb 04, 2016
Thursday, February 4, 2016

IN HIS HANDS

READ ISAIAH 41:1-14

MEMORISE: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. (John 14:18)

When a little boy is beside his father, he fears no foe. Let lion and tiger surface, he has confidence that his father has enough power to tear them in pieces. Let another boy from the neighbourhood come and harass him, he will not be afraid. The reason is the presence of his father. Are you afraid when your heavenly Father is beside and behind you?
You have the Father of all fathers. The power of the earthly father is limited, unlike the unlimited power of your heavenly Father. In fact, He is so powerful that He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak (Isa 40:29)
When God promises you that He will uphold you with His hands, you are secured forever. You do not need to be afraid. When He upholds your marriage with His hands, your spouse will live and not die. When He upholds your children with His hands, He will promote them and cause them to find favour even in the sight of their enemies. 
The troublesome coastlands and waters will keep silent when God upholds you with His hands. He says, So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (Isa 41:10). Why you need not fear is that the eternal Father is with you. Carrying the abiding presence of God in your business allays the fear of failure, bankruptcy, debt and loss. 
When you are in His hands, you receive divine strength and uplifting. Do not let Him go. Hold His hands very well.

PRAYER POINTS

1. I destroy anything trying to cause me fear while in Your hands, oh Lord.

2. I hold unto You, oh God, for divine closeness and fellowship in Jesus' name.

3. Let Your mighty Arm guide the leadership of our nation towards the accomplishment of Your purpose, in Jesus' name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 9-12

Your life shall no longer be a question mark but an exclamation! in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:48am On Feb 05, 2016
Friday, February 5, 2016

THE MEAL OF FORGIVENESS

READ LEVITICUS 4:13-20

MEMORISE: But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! (Romans 5:15)

When the sons of the prophets in the time of Elisha went to the farm to fetch vegetables, they also fetched poisonous vegetables along with the good ones. They did not know until they ate it, gulping it down their bellies. They cried out to the man of God, Elisha, who purified it through some flour (2 Kgs 4:38-41).

Through food, man entered into the bondage of Satan, sin and death. One major way people contract sickness today is through what we eat, drink and inhale. Terrible sickness and diseases affect humanity through food and drinks.

The most heart-warming announcement to you is that, there is no meal that is provisionally available for your forgiveness and freedom from sin. Jesus Christ is the meal. "For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." "Sir," they said, "from now on give us this bread." Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty" (Jn 6:33-35). Have you heard about the Holy Communion? Why would you undermine this God-given opportunity to appreciate the indescribable love of God by giving us His Son (1 Cor 11:23-26)?

Jesus Christ terminates the guilt of sins. He cancels the power of sin. He breaks the yokes of Satan, sin and sickness. His body is the meal of forgiveness. Eat Him today by accepting Him as your Lord and Saviour. Continue feeding on Him by feeding on His Living Word, enshrined in His Written Word (the Bible). You will be eternally glad you did.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Thank you glorious Father for the provision of the meal of forgiveness in Jesus Christ.

2. Lord, I submit my life to You. Help me to eat of the Bread of Life from time to time.

3. Oh Lord, let Your Church be more tilted towards studying, observing and teaching Your holy Word.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 13-16

Every generational curse on your life is broken in the name of Jesus Christ and from today, mercy of the Lord will speak for you.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Whizzdom(m): 10:00am On Feb 08, 2016
Dominionhost:
Friday, February 5, 2016

THE MEAL OF FORGIVENESS

READ LEVITICUS 4:13-20

MEMORISE: But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! (Romans 5:15)

When the sons of the prophets in the time of Elisha went to the farm to fetch vegetables, they also fetched poisonous vegetables along with the good ones. They did not know until they ate it, gulping it down their bellies. They cried out to the man of God, Elisha, who purified it through some flour (2 Kgs 4:38-41).

Through food, man entered into the bondage of Satan, sin and death. One major way people contract sickness today is through what we eat, drink and inhale. Terrible sickness and diseases affect humanity through food and drinks.

The most heart-warming announcement to you is that, there is no meal that is provisionally available for your forgiveness and freedom from sin. Jesus Christ is the meal. "For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." "Sir," they said, "from now on give us this bread." Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty" (Jn 6:33-35). Have you heard about the Holy Communion? Why would you undermine this God-given opportunity to appreciate the indescribable love of God by giving us His Son (1 Cor 11:23-26)?

Jesus Christ terminates the guilt of sins. He cancels the power of sin. He breaks the yokes of Satan, sin and sickness. His body is the meal of forgiveness. Eat Him today by accepting Him as your Lord and Saviour. Continue feeding on Him by feeding on His Living Word, enshrined in His Written Word (the Bible). You will be eternally glad you did.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Thank you glorious Father for the provision of the meal of forgiveness in Jesus Christ.

2. Lord, I submit my life to You. Help me to eat of the Bread of Life from time to time.

3. Oh Lord, let Your Church be more tilted towards studying, observing and teaching Your holy Word.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 13-16

Every generational curse on your life is broken in the name of Jesus Christ and from today, mercy of the Lord will speak for you.

Pls, where can i buy this devotional from, i stay in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2016
Monday, February 8, 2016

PAYBACK TIME

READ MATTHEW 18:23-35

MEMORISE: And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matt 18:3)

It is common these days to hear people say, and of a truth, it is real that "what goes around, comes around". This is what they call the Law of Karma. In fact, the Scripture states expressly that Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows (Gal 6:7). What that simply suggests is that life is a cycle in which what you do or do not do will eventually have an effect on you, one way or the other. 
In that parable given by our Lord Jesus Christ on the unforgiving forgiven servant, unfortunately, the servant came across a fellow servant who owes him less and decided to be cruel to him. Despite the plea from the fellow servant to exercise patience and allow him more time to pay the debt, he refused, and committed him to prison.

It was payback time for him when the report got to His own master who had earlier forgiven him. He was not only reprimanded for His wickedness and lack of forgiving spirit; he was thrown into prison. 
Our Lord, through this parable, further emphasises his doctrine of forgiveness. He teaches that if God could forgive us our sins, we must forgive our fellow men of whatever offenses they may commit against us. Remember there is always a payback time for all good and evil, including your unreadiness to forgive and let go of others. Remember Judah (Gen 39:24-26).

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, fill me with the exceeding grace of forgiving others willingly. 
2. Lord, subdue the unforgiving spirit causing inter- and intra-tribal wars in our land. 
3. Lord, help both the leadership and membership of our churches to eschew unforgiving spirit, so as to put to rest the series of crises rocking the Church today.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 25-28

God will send helper of destiny to you this week and make this week the best you have ever spent and used in 2016 in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 4:42am On Feb 09, 2016
Whizzdom:

Pls, where can i buy this devotional from, i stay in Lagos.

Where do you stay in Lagos?
You can get at any CAC district or zonal headquarters. It is sold for N200 or send your whatsapp number to me so you can always receive the soft copy

God's blessings on you
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:11am On Feb 09, 2016
THE LIVING WATER: DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
DECISION DETERMINES DESTINY
TEXT HEBREWS 11:23-26
MEMORISE: But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." (Ruth 1:16)

Our decisions have far-reaching effects on others and us. The decision of Moses' parents had effect, not only on the family, but also on the whole nation of Israel. We would not have heard anything about Moses, had he decided to remain in Pharaoh's palace! (Exo 2:11-12) Note that even indecision is decision! Remember Daniel (Dan 1:cool.
Naomi and her husband, Elimelech with their two sons naively decided to quit Bethlehem in Judah, due to famine, for the godless Moab (Ruth 1:1-2). What was the outcome of that rash decision? Calamity, devastation and bereavement! Thank God, Naomi was able to pick up the pieces of her life to finally return home (Ruth 1:7). The Moabitess Ruth, a gentile, made a difficult, dangerous and dire decision to follow the uncertain and devastated Naomi to Israel (vv. 16). What is the result? She became the great, great grandmother of Jesus Christ. Jesus human genealogy would be incomplete without mentioning Ruth (Matt 1:5). What do you hear of her counterpart, Orpah?
Your present situation spiritually, maritally, vocationally and otherwise, is proportionate to the decisions you made in the past. Somebody claims that one can have power over his choice(s) but cannot control the consequence(s) of such choice(s). Have you decided for Jesus already? Your destination is heaven. Doing otherwise is eternally suicidal! Decide for Him now; tomorrow might be too late! And, watch your subsequent decisions/choices.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Father, help me to make wise and eternally valuable decisions.
2. Lord, mercifully deliver me from the negative results of my past ungodly decisions.
3. Pray that God should help our church and national leaders to make decisions that will only impact positively on their followers' lives.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 29-32

If there is any issue of concern in your life, this week God is giving you a testimony!
You will get there in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by phemmie06(m): 7:10am On Feb 09, 2016
Good work brother. God bless me, God bless you, God bless Nigeria, God bless Christ Apostolic Church families World Wide
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Whizzdom(m): 12:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
Dominionhost:

Where do you stay in Lagos?
You can get at any CAC district or zonal headquarters. It is sold for N200 or send your whatsapp number to me so you can always receive the soft copy

God's blessings on you
I stay in Sabo, is there any CAC headqter that i can get it there?
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:29am On Feb 10, 2016
phemmie06:
Good work brother. God bless me, God bless you, God bless Nigeria, God bless Christ Apostolic Church families World Wide

Amen
Many thanks brother
Let's keep supporting and promoting CAC WORLDWIDE.

Share this thread with others to partake in God's blessings
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2016
Whizzdom:

I stay in Sabo, is there any CAC headqter that i can get it there?

I will help check brother and get back to you
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:30am On Feb 10, 2016
Wednesday, February 10, 2016

RESIST; DON'T ASSIST

READ 1 PETER 5:6-10

MEMORISE: Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)

There is much outcry everyday by people concerning "the work of the devil". Everything that goes bad/sour is said to be "the devil's work!" The devil is so portrayed and magnified as if he is omnipresent, omniscient or omnipotent, whereas he is nothing; he only succeeds on lives that consciously or ignorantly cooperate with and assist him to finish them. If Satan fails to gain control over your heart, then he cannot triumph over you. 
By doing the devil's biddings, you are assisting him to have his way in your life, home, business or ministry (cf. 1 Jn 3:8a). You open up your cracks and loop holes to him when you do sin against God. The Bible expressly commands us to resist him in all ways and all that he represents (1 Peter 5:8,9). The resultant effect of resisting the devil and his agents is that he will flee from you. Our Lord Jesus Christ also resisted him when he came to Him (Jesus) with series of temptation (Matt 4:1-cool.

Stop indulging and involving in shady,questionable and ungodly 'deals' and relationships! Don't join the bandwagon of those who always blame the devil for their misbehaviours. Yes, the devil remains the mastermind of all evil, yet, God has given us the grace to say no to his advances, thus giving us no room for excuses to assist the devil to destroy us. 
As you set out today's activities, resolve within you to resist the devil and never to assist him; he'll surely flee by God's power.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Oh Lord, help me never to cooperate with the devil to accomplish his purpose against me and others. 
2. Lord, help Christians to be more committed to fighting the devil. 
3. Holy Spirit, swiftly visit every Christian at the verge of losing their priceless salvation, with Your powerful conviction.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: NUMBERS 33-36

From today, every wicked force attacking you bows to you in Jesus mighty name!
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Whizzdom(m): 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dominionhost:

I will help check brother and get back to you
Thank you sir, i will be waiting.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by phemmie06(m): 6:30am On Feb 12, 2016
Living Water - CAC Daily Devotional Guide
Friday, February 12, 2016
BE CAREFUL; THE WORLD IS AGEING!
READ 1 JOHN 2:12-17
MEMORISE: The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:17)
Some believe that the aged you become, the lower the level of your reasoning faculty. What an irony! That best briefly describes the world we live in; the world that has translated from various ages like wood, iron, brass, computer, to the present jet age. The world's oldest fashions of yesteryears are fast in vogue again. They are merely being recycled, while some think they are innovations. Why then the mad rush and rat race to meet with the ageing and declining world? Heavenly conscious ones don't bother to be called 'old schools' for refusing to conform to the world's fads (cf. Rom 12:2-3). The technological breakthroughs of the modern world have been discovered to wreck more havoc than benefits, especially on the youth (1 Tim 4:12;
2 Tim 3:1ff).
As a child of God in this age, you must go in His direction, not as the world dictates. We have the unchanging God and His standards although, we live in a changing world! Let everything turn upside down, the standards and foundations of God's holiness are solidly unaffected. If you are calling and are being called by God's name, you cannot afford to blend with the ills of the declining and ageing world (Jer 10:1; 2 Tim 2:19).
The ageing world will soon disappear, but if you do God's will, you will live forever. Never join the bandwagon of the corrupt! Be who you are expected to be - God's representative!
PRAYER POINTS:
1. I receive the grace to stand out in this ageing world, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, make us Daniels who would refuse to be contaminated with kings' ungodly delicacies in this generation.
3. Lord, help Your Church and its leaders to be more aware of the need to be separated from the corrupt system of the world.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: DEUTERONOMY 4-6
Good morning and happy weekend!!! Do have a great day.
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2016
Friday, February 12, 2016
BE CAREFUL; THE WORLD IS AGEING!
READ 1 JOHN 2:12-17
MEMORISE: The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:17)

Some believe that the aged you become, the lower the level of your reasoning faculty. What an irony! That best briefly describes the world we live in; the world that has translated from various ages like wood, iron, brass, computer, to the present jet age. The world's oldest fashions of yesteryears are fast in vogue again. They are merely being recycled, while some think they are innovations. Why then the mad rush and rat race to meet with the ageing and declining world? Heavenly conscious ones don't bother to be called 'old schools' for refusing to conform to the world's fads (cf. Rom 12:2-3). The technological breakthroughs of the modern world have been discovered to wreck more havoc than benefits, especially on the youth (1 Tim 4:12; 2 Tim 3:1ff).
As a child of God in this age, you must go in His direction, not as the world dictates. We have the unchanging God and His standards although, we live in a changing world! Let everything turn upside down, the standards and foundations of God's holiness are solidly unaffected. If you are calling and are being called by God's name, you cannot afford to blend with the ills of the declining and ageing world (Jer 10:1; 2 Tim 2:19).
The ageing world will soon disappear, but if you do God's will, you will live forever. Never join the bandwagon of the corrupt! Be who you are expected to be - God's representative!

PRAYER POINTS:
1. I receive the grace to stand out in this ageing world, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, make us Daniels who would refuse to be contaminated with kings' ungodly delicacies in this generation.
3. Lord, help Your Church and its leaders to be more aware of the need to be separated from the corrupt system of the world.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: DEUTERONOMY 4-6

You will sing a new song in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 11:02am On Feb 13, 2016

Saturday, February 13, 2016

BASTARD?
READ HEBREWS 12:7-13
MEMORISE: No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (Heb 12:11)

In the African setting, people are depicted in certain ways in line with the situations surrounding their births. Some of these can be very undesirably irritating! One of such is "bastard", i.e. one who is not the true child of the parent(s) he/she claims. In fact, trying to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of such claims have resulted in loss of lives on some occasions.

Being a spiritual bastard is worse! It implies being a rebel or reprobate who constantly rejects the counsel, discipline and instructions of his Maker (Pro 1:15ff). Such abhor discipline, hating the loving reproofs and chastisement of the Lord. If anyone hates the entreaties and injunctions of the Lord, it is doubtful if he is really a child of God, Who disciplines whom He loves.

Discipleship is ineffective without loving discipline. All those who aspire to be disciples must totally embrace the Lord's discipline. Even in the Church, some place themselves above godly correction and discipline. If this is condemnable in the worldly settings, how much more in the church? The Lord installs the leadership. Therefore, all followers must be subject to godly leadership (Rom. 13:1ff).

You cannot afford to live without the instructions, correction, counsels, reproofs, and disciplines of the Lord, if you are truly His child (cf. 2 Tim 3:16,17). Do not join those moving towards destruction by their attitudes to rebuke (Prov 29:1).

PRAYER POINTS:
1. O Lord, may I never grow too big for Your tutelage.
2. Lord, help our upcoming ministers to be subject to leadership mentorship, so that they don't fall in Satan's traps.
3. Lord, restore true discipline and discipleship in Your Church.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:
DEUTERONOMY 7-9

You are lifted in Jesus Christ name
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Dominionhost(m): 5:17am On Feb 14, 2016
Sunday, February 14, 2016 (ST. VALENTINE'S DAY)

ACTIVE LOVE

READ HEBREWS 13:1-3

MEMORISE: In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' (Acts 20:35)

Two brothers once farmed together. They lived in separate houses on the family farm, but met each day in the fields to work together. One of them was married with a large family, while the other lived alone, being single. Yet, they divided their harvests from the fields equally. 
One night the single brother thought,"My brother is struggling to support his large family, but I get half of the harvest." With love in his heart, he gathered a box of things he had purchased from his earning – items he knew would help his brother's family. He planned to slip over to his brother's shed, unload the basket there, and never say a word about it. That same night, the married brother thought,"My brother is alone. He doesn't know the joy of a family." Out of love, he decided to take over a basket with coverlet and food to "warm" his brother's house. He planned to leave the items on his porch and never say a word. 
As the brothers silently made their ways to each other's home, they bumped into one another, and were forced to admit to what they were doing, and there in the darkness, they cried and embraced, each man realizing that his greatest wealth was a brother who respected and loved him. 
We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give. Who are you and what are you giving? Have you found the love of Christ? Are people, your immediate family, friends, colleagues, church, etc. practically enjoying that love from and through you? Remember: Love is positively impacting lives for Christ and His gospel's sake. Do not define love; demonstrate it (1 Jn 3:18).

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, destroy every spirit of self-centredness in my life, in Jesus' name. 
2. Lord, give more grace to the Church to pursue brotherly love within and outside the fold. 
3. Lord, help our leaders to see cheating/fraud as a cancerous disease that must not be given the least of spaces.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: DEUTERONOMY 10-12

The Lord will satisfy you with the good things of life in Jesus Christ name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy, Playing Football & Table Tennis (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.