Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,468 members, 7,836,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely (25619 Views)

ANSU Shuts Down Indefinitely, After Graduate Was Tortured To Death / Exclusive Photos: UNILAG Shuts Students Out Of Hostels Inside The Rain / BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by wiseoneking: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
dave2meek:
All these are not gonna bring the girl back to life
but it is very much worth doing, may be to prevent you or your love ones from been the next victim. CAUTION
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by collinshrf: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunde202:
Standing By Oluchi.

I just got a BC calling to Protest and demonstration over the sad death of Oluchi in Unilag.

So quickly, following the principle that explanation/clarification should never be delayed when due...

Yes it is really sad but we have to be frank for I love you for Allaah's sake.

Hence we should be informed you, Muslim who has taken part in that protest has committed a great sin from many angles:

First, to what end is the protest?

If u say it's to call the attention of the authority, we say: there are other means which are permissible. Protest is not permissible in islam it gives birth to more evil.

And so that we can relate, I will narrate:

3 years ago, unilag was changed to maulag, there were serious protests. In one of the protests, on third mainland bridge, a woman was in labour and was stock in d traffic for hours cus some students blocked dat road. Others couldn't go to work etc.

A lot of things went wrong and thousands were deprived one way or the other.

All these ppl also have rights which were taken from them. And by Allaah, this right shall be returned on THAT day...

So imagine the number of ppl u have deprived today. Two wrongs never make a right.

If u say d protest is to honour d girl, that falls under wailing over the dead: wailing over the dead is a major sin. RasooluLlaah called it a form of disbelief.

The black friday, it has no basis. U taking part would be a form of imitation of the non believers. Which also a major sin. Whoever immitates a group of ppl is one of them (hadith).

As an aside, it is not wrong to sympathise with the family, as a Muslim. However, unlike the ignorant ones, we Muslims have principles which set us apart.

U may find that protest is popular in some parts of the Muslim world, however, it is wrong. And we all know and can see the aftermath.

And if u only sent the bc by way of solidarity, u will have d same sin as those who go for it will have.

U will have sins for corparting in evil and transgression.

Shaytaan beautifies sins. Pls dont fall into these traps.

Again, it is really sad that such happened to Oluchi. But please think about the implications of u joining this protest, few of which are mentioned above.

May Allaah honour me and you.

Abu Umar

Pls share with brothers and sisters.
......First class MUMU

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by dailywealth1967: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
Abu speaks like a guru maharaji follower.He expresses himself backward even though making some sense.Protesting leading to disruption of the school is not the solution.The student union government can present this matter to the school authorites for neccessary sanctions to be meted o
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by wiseoneking: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
adedayourt:
nobody is happy about d death. d students sud also kno ders nothing any1 cud av done
You are 100% wrong. There are a lot of things that could be done before now.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
Why the restlessness? What's their aim?fr real mehnn! What's the point fr the chaos?
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by adedayourt(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
wiseoneking:
You are 100% wrong. There are a lot of things that could be done before now.

START MENTIONING THEM SIR
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by quickberry(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
Liar!!!! They didn't shut anything...
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by GenbIoodykiller: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
efilefun:
This should serve as a sign to those who believe in embezzling public funds or those greedy ones who believe the world belongs to them, we can only talk about what we doing presently and what we did few mins ago BUT NO ONE can say whats gonna happen in the next SECOND.

May her soul rest in peace and may God Almighty give her parents and loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss
May God continue to Guide and Guard us all.

efulefu the bastard vagabond grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Lordnewton1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
...It could have been anyone
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by lomprico(m): 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
davuvid:
Don't have mb to read that, it's better I call Gabriel.
Ur eye dey work with data??
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by jbaby265(f): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
tears...i weep in my heart of heart

RIP dear one
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by efilefun(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Thats your family name right grin
GenbIoodykiller:

efulefu the bastard vagabond grin
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by honeric01(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
shizzy7:
There is a big NEPA station inside Unilag that supplies AKOKA and Environs...
Cables crossing the school which are meant for outside communities.. cables supplying the school are underground..

Anything could have caused her death but this Particular one could have been avoided because they already reported to the school that the wire sparks..

Which of them got there first? the school or the Nepa power station?

Do you think wires passing underground is not risky? that one is even more deadly since you can hardly see it when it becomes faulty and it rains..

Death can come in any form, just pray that it comes when you must have fulfilled your purpose on earth.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by iWise(m): 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nairaland and co. should stop spreading false news jaare.
Academic activities are still ongoing at UNILAG o.

Say no to lies!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by fawaz050(m): 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
lekjons:
pathetic.. It's Buhari's fault!
Are you in any way Sane?? angry
lekjons:
Are you in any way Sane??

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by funkybully(f): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
[s]
tunde202:
Standing By Oluchi.

I just got a BC calling to Protest and demonstration over the sad death of Oluchi in Unilag.

So quickly, following the principle that explanation/clarification should never be delayed when due...

Hence we should be informed you, Muslim who has taken part in that protest has committed a great sin from many angles:

If u say it's to call the attention of the authority, we say: there are other means which are permissible. Protest is not permissible in islam it gives birth to more evil.

3 years ago, unilag was changed to maulag, there were serious protests. In one of the protests, on third mainland bridge, a woman was in labour and was stock in d traffic for hours cus some students blocked dat road. Others couldn't go to work etc.

All these ppl also have rights which were taken from them. And by Allaah, this right shall be returned on THAT day...

So imagine the number of ppl u have deprived today. Two wrongs never make a right.

If u say d protest is to honour d girl, that falls under wailing over the dead: wailing over the dead is a major sin. RasooluLlaah called it a form of disbelief.

The black friday, it has no basis. U taking part would be a form of imitation of the non believers. Which also a major sin. Whoever immitates a group of ppl is one of them (hadith).

As an aside, it is not wrong to sympathise with the family, as a Muslim. However, unlike the ignorant ones, we Muslims have principles which set us apart.

U may find that protest is popular in some parts of the Muslim world, however, it is wrong. And we all know and can see the aftermath.

And if u only sent the bc by way of solidarity, u will have d same sin as those who go for it will have.

Again, it is really sad that such happened to Oluchi. But please think about the implications of u joining this protest, few of which are mentioned above.

Abu Umar

[/s]

U are really insane. I mean u want to paint Ur islamic bigotry white right?

How do u explain d al zakky protest in zaria over d death of do founder's son? Or protest is only allowed when it's a Muslim.

This is y I hate Islam and her hypocrisy. U are angry they protested over d death of an "infidel " stop masking Ur Islamic bigotry cos Muslims world over protests and their protests are always bloody.

U are mentally unbalanced for trying to bring Ur yeye religious angle to this terrible incident.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by RickyTan: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
I am so pained by this terrible loss, but the unity of action/ response/ purpose by these students gives me hope for Nigeria.
The university authorities that allowed this danger of loose electrical wires to persist on campus MUST be held accountable.

I mean it could have been anybody.
RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by lekjons(m): 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
fawaz050:
Are you in any way Sane?? angry Are you in any way Sane??
how old are u?.. u can't decode a simple sarcasm! ode!
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by mikeapollo: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
It is a shame.
Sometimes, I wonder if UNILAG is actually a first generation university. It is terrible to litter a university environment with exposed/un-insulated high tension wires.
That is the difference between some well planned schools e.g. OAU and others.
In my days at OAU, hardly would you see any high tension wire in the vicinity. Virtually all the high tension cablings in the hostels/academic area are underground.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by GenbIoodykiller: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
efilefun:
am a product of dog's sperm

i know
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by TaoBalinga: 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
kristen12:
Pls where did you guys get this news from? It's a lie ooooo.
Unilag has not been shut down. I'm just coming from a class sef.
the girl on ur dp looks like a girl i have a crush on, shes in ibadan tho
,. Thats how she pouts too when taking pictures..
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by sexaddict08(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunde202:
Standing By Oluchi.

Abu Umar

it is a Great Sin to share this blasphemy.
I'll rather forgive u according to Gods commandments in the Holy Bible. Jesus is Lord!!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by kristen12(f): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
TaoBalinga:
the girl on ur dp looks like a girl i have a crush on, shes in ibadan tho ,. Thats how she pouts too when taking pictures..
cheesycheesy That's a baby oooo.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
Stop spreading rumors.. Lectures are ongoing in school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by TaoBalinga: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
kristen12:
cheesycheesy That's a baby oooo.
yeah, i know that, im just saying
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by kristen12(f): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
TaoBalinga:
yeah, i know that, im just saying
Okay then
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Rapunzel001: 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
lekjons:
No b small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Universities Presenting Names Of Dead Staff To Collect Salaries, FG Alleges / ABSU vs MOUAU: Hilarious Tweets!! ! / Man Who Attempted JAMB 8 Times, Graduates With 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.