Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely (25618 Views)

ANSU Shuts Down Indefinitely, After Graduate Was Tortured To Death / Exclusive Photos: UNILAG Shuts Students Out Of Hostels Inside The Rain / BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Dubemkelly(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Quite pathetic, RIP Oluchi Anekwe...
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Unilag has not shuts down o!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by davuvid(m): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
lomprico:
Ur eye dey work with data??
Was talking about the link
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by kedunaija(m): 9:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by seeun(m): 11:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunde202:
Standing By Oluchi.

I just got a BC calling to Protest and demonstration over the sad death of Oluchi in Unilag.

So quickly, following the principle that explanation/clarification should never be delayed when due...

Yes it is really sad but we have to be frank for I love you for Allaah's sake.

Hence we should be informed you, Muslim who has taken part in that protest has committed a great sin from many angles:

First, to what end is the protest?

If u say it's to call the attention of the authority, we say: there are other means which are permissible. Protest is not permissible in islam it gives birth to more evil.

And so that we can relate, I will narrate:

3 years ago, unilag was changed to maulag, there were serious protests. In one of the protests, on third mainland bridge, a woman was in labour and was stock in d traffic for hours cus some students blocked dat road. Others couldn't go to work etc.

A lot of things went wrong and thousands were deprived one way or the other.

All these ppl also have rights which were taken from them. And by Allaah, this right shall be returned on THAT day...

So imagine the number of ppl u have deprived today. Two wrongs never make a right.

If u say d protest is to honour d girl, that falls under wailing over the dead: wailing over the dead is a major sin. RasooluLlaah called it a form of disbelief.

The black friday, it has no basis. U taking part would be a form of imitation of the non believers. Which also a major sin. Whoever immitates a group of ppl is one of them (hadith).

As an aside, it is not wrong to sympathise with the family, as a Muslim. However, unlike the ignorant ones, we Muslims have principles which set us apart.

U may find that protest is popular in some parts of the Muslim world, however, it is wrong. And we all know and can see the aftermath.

And if u only sent the bc by way of solidarity, u will have d same sin as those who go for it will have.

U will have sins for corparting in evil and transgression.

Shaytaan beautifies sins. Pls dont fall into these traps.

Again, it is really sad that such happened to Oluchi. But please think about the implications of u joining this protest, few of which are mentioned above.

May Allaah honour me and you.

Abu Umar

Pls share with brothers and sisters.
Did I hear you saying protest is a sin in Islam? Being a violence religion, I don't think anyone should condemn Muslims participation in the protest. Except because the name of the lady sounds as if a christian if not one.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
LadyMessi:
I don't think is a nice idea, when students are almost getting ready for second semester exams. Pls d sch management shld knw what to do asap.
because u dey alive?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by opineflu(m): 12:55am On Sep 11, 2015
Shut up ya mouth
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by eyinjuege: 5:45am On Sep 11, 2015
shizzy7:
But it will prevent another from dying.. .

All this protest is to STOP the school from being NEGLIGENT and have a good Maintenance culture..

To be candid, I doubt if the school has the power or rights to maintain or setup high tension cables. It's outside their jurisdiction. I think it's actually the responsibility of PHCN. No individual, corporation or govt parastatal has that power other than PHCN, though I stand to be corrected.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
tunde202:
Standing By Oluchi.

I just got a BC calling to Protest and demonstration over the sad death of Oluchi in Unilag.

So quickly, following the principle that explanation/clarification should never be delayed when due...

Yes it is really sad but we have to be frank for I love you for Allaah's sake.

Hence we should be informed you, Muslim who has taken part in that protest has committed a great sin from many angles:

First, to what end is the protest?

If u say it's to call the attention of the authority, we say: there are other means which are permissible. Protest is not permissible in islam it gives birth to more evil.

And so that we can relate, I will narrate:

3 years ago, unilag was changed to maulag, there were serious protests. In one of the protests, on third mainland bridge, a woman was in labour and was stock in d traffic for hours cus some students blocked dat road. Others couldn't go to work etc.

A lot of things went wrong and thousands were deprived one way or the other.

All these ppl also have rights which were taken from them. And by Allaah, this right shall be returned on THAT day...

So imagine the number of ppl u have deprived today. Two wrongs never make a right.

If u say d protest is to honour d girl, that falls under wailing over the dead: wailing over the dead is a major sin. RasooluLlaah called it a form of disbelief.

The black friday, it has no basis. U taking part would be a form of imitation of the non believers. Which also a major sin. Whoever immitates a group of ppl is one of them (hadith).

As an aside, it is not wrong to sympathise with the family, as a Muslim. However, unlike the ignorant ones, we Muslims have principles which set us apart.

U may find that protest is popular in some parts of the Muslim world, however, it is wrong. And we all know and can see the aftermath.

And if u only sent the bc by way of solidarity, u will have d same sin as those who go for it will have.

U will have sins for corparting in evil and transgression.

Shaytaan beautifies sins. Pls dont fall into these traps.

Again, it is really sad that such happened to Oluchi. But please think about the implications of u joining this protest, few of which are mentioned above.

May Allaah honour me and you.

Abu Umar

Pls share with brothers and sisters.

Do you remember Charlie Hebdo? One cartoon drawing and this, who condemned the protests? My friend GERRARA HERE MEHN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. / ABSU vs MOUAU: Hilarious Tweets!! ! / Universities Presenting Names Of Dead Staff To Collect Salaries, FG Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.