Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations (8121 Views)

Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism / Mother Who Had Accident, Broken Leg, Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Scene / Is Exclusive Breastfeeding For 6months A Sacrifice Too Much For A Mother To Give (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by giftygirl1(f): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
Lemme try n offer a little help...1st of all l want to congratulate u on makin up ur mind to Exclisively breastfeed ur child. Am a mum of four. My three older kids were all exclusively breastfed and my last baby is jst 3 wks old. Its reli nt an easy task bt den d advantages out weighs d rigours. All my kids got chubby wt no little time n yes my 1st child stayed for lik 6 days n l was told dt l wasnt eating wel cos den l was obsessed wt getting ma shape bak.lt however didnt occur to my oda kids. My 3wks old evn poo upto 3 tym. U need to take lots of liquid- milk,yoghurt, pap(thou l dont take it)hot beverages or tea as we call it. Then lots of fruits.u need oranges cos it ll help ur baby poo too. For now, dont b too keen on gettin ur shape bak cos if u need ur baby to b chubby,u need to eat well for ur baby to feed wel. U also need to put ur breast tip well into ur baby's mouth if not he ot she wil get little or no milk n so wont get adequate weight. Well... Goodluck to u n pls dont allow anything discourage u to stop breastfeedin ur child exclusively

3 Likes

Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by dBard: 5:19am On Sep 15, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy
4.1kg @ 6 weeks is well within the top percentile for age.
One thing u shouldn't do is compare weights. You'll always get to know how well d baby's doing during the weigh ins @ immunization.
lxvi8xii:

Please when do breastfed babies start to add weight as in get chubby? My baby was still 4.1 at 6 weeks
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by lxvi8xii(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Thanks Amis, giftygirl and DBard. I am not watching my weight and eat all day, even at midnight. My milk flows well, my baby practically lives on my bosom during the day and I wake up every 2-3 hours for night feeds.

I was getting worried cos baby seems skinny, but met with my doctor yesterday who told me that bottle fed babies get chubby earlier than breastfed babies.

@giftygirl... Congratulations on your new baby and thanks for taking the time to contribute. I don't really understand your post. When did your older kids start getting chubby? I don't give water at all. Do you? About the poop, my doctor says there is not much poop to poop that is why but I should help by stimulating the anus. I didn't have to eventually. Exercise ie bicycle movement of legs and tummy massage with warm water compress to tummy helped. The poop has always been soft. I take at least 4 liters of water per day including pap and oat meal no milk though cos it constipates me.

@dBard I will check the weight at 10 weeks immunization thanks.
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by angela992: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2017
Attitude of Teenage Mothers toward the Practice of Exclusive Breastfeeding

Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended for infant nutrition during the first 6 months after birth. Worse still, this breastfeeding method has not been widely accepted and practiced in some areas despite this recommendation. This study, therefore examines the attitude of teenage mothers towards the practice of exclusive breastfeeding....

http://www.scharticles.com/attitude-of-teenage-mothers-toward-the-practice-of-exclusive-breastfeeding/
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by ImaIma1(f): 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Your baby's weight might not have anything to do with breastfeeding or formula. I saw my friend who is doing EBF today. Her baby is chubbyyyy with big cheeks. He looks 8months old and he is 4months. And the mother looks healthy and chubby and is even trying to lose weight.
Babies differ and people's bodies differ.
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by Dahrah: 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
Exclusive breastfeeding is the best.. endeavour to continue, it's for the best..
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by lxvi8xii(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wow..... thank God I successfully breastfed exclusively for 5 months and 2 week's before external influences interrupted it.

I have just finished EBF my second for 6 months without water.

Sure it got super easy and I will do it over and over again.
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by Abiagirl777(f): 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
Its beautiful,healthier and stress free plus saves so much money.
I did it for my first son and doing it for my second. we r five mths today and just have one more mth to go.
I'm already dreading how much 6_12 mths formula and milk I'm gonna buy cos I'm stingy and lazy like that.
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by hypnotic(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
Anyway lingerie collections can be gotten here

https://hadassahlingerie.smemarkethub.com/products/the-lingerie-store/
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding: Challenges, Criticism, Experiences & Temptations by dedoz: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2017
Keep it up dear....its stressful but its worth it.I did 6months exclusive for my two sons.Though the second one is still sucking,a year and six months now.Intend stopping when he clocks 2.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple In Arlington,tx In Trouble For Keeping Slaves. / 1HP TO 1.5HP LG DUAL HISENSE EXPERT THERMOCOOL GENPAL INVERTER AIR CONDITIONER / They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.