Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista (4620 Views)

Prince Mohammed Audu's For Kogi Governorship (Photo) / APC Will Only Substitute Audu For Kogi Supplementary Election - Attorney General / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
WHY ABUBAKAR AUDU (68) IS A BAD CHOICE FOR KOGI STATE

I have been on the sidelines watching the political happenings of Kogi state as it relates with the forthcoming gubernatorial election in the state. I have never campaigned for any candidate but I have always wished for the best candidate to emerge Governor in 2015. When news reached me that Prince Audu Abubakar was the APC candidate to challenge incumbent Captain Idris Wada of PDP and other aspirants, I became confused. The name 'Abubakar Audu' rang through my head several times. I can't fold my hands to watch Kogi citizens contemplate on thumb-printing for a man like Abubakar Audu for several reasons. These I shall talk about.

ABUBAKAR AUDU ACHIEVEMENT AS GOVERNOR

Prince Audu was the first Executive Governor of Kogi state between January 1992 and November 1993. He was again the 2nd Executive Governor of the state between May 29, 1999 and May 29, 2003. He built housing estates for Public servants (political office holders) without building same for civil servants. He renovated Lord Lugard house into model government house that he and his political friends occupied. He established Kogi state University, Ayingba and arrogantly named it 'Prince Abubakar Audu University' as if it was his personal property. He never bothered to get KSU programs accredited. What else? Nothing significant. At best, he was a mediocre governor. His tenure was so bad that his defeat to exGovernor Ibrahim Idris was greeted with wild jubilation.

HIS CORRUPTION ALLEGATION:

In sane climes leaders seeking for office usually clear any allegation hanging on them before seeking office. Audu's case is the opposite. He has been running from pillar to post seeking to evade justice. In 2006 Prince Abubakar Audu ran to hidÍng and was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). It took operatives of the commission six months before thet could arrest the wanted Audu. www.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=8823&z=12. Àfter his arrest, Prince Audu filed different cases in courts all in his bid to stop his prosecution. In December 2012, the Igala Prince fled the country after a November 11, 2012 Supreme Court ruling cleared way for the EFCC to continue prosecution. www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/110633-ex-kogi-governor-abubakar-audu-evades-arrest-over-n4bn-fraud.html
Does Kogi deserve such a governor with shady allegations around his neck?

BUT WHY 'PA' AUDU ABUBAKAR?

Pa Abubakar Audu was born in 1947, he was first Governor for 20 months between Jan 1992 and November 1993 at the age of 46. He held the position and left when he was approaching 48years. Abubakar returned to power in 1999 at the age of 52, he held power till he was kicked out at 56. Today, he's 68, what again is he looking for after spending more than 5years of his productive years in power without achieving anything? For the fact that Nigeria elected a 74years old man as President does not mean that we will recycle old and failed politicians back to power. This is a man that was rejected as an incumbent in 2003, was further rejected in 2007 and 2011. Audu belongs to the phased out system. He's unfit to lead Kogi state.

Audu's candidacy is another testament that APC is a bad omen to Kogi state and Nigerians. For the fact that he is the best APC can offer Kogi state, shows that APC has nothing of value to the state. I urge every citizen of Kogi state to seize this opportunity as a patriotic call to reject the man that sees Kogi state as an extension of his personal estate and send him to political retirement to have him face his corruption cases.
May God Bless Kogi state
Barcanista

https://m./1479075902397262?view=permalink&id=1479084579063061

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Who cares! Let the votes decide

1 Like

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
cc
truckpusher
dearpreye
temitemi1
FireFire
Mogidi
SeverusSnape
MizMyColi
Whynotthetruth
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Pavore9: 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
Those in Kogi State are in a better position to take an informed stand through their votes.

5 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by shammah1(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Very true. I so much admire Tonye Barcanista. Keep it up bro.

APC aren't ready to change themselves. Same old bad omens from PDP. It'll be a pity to Kogi people if they vote Audu Abubakar.

Login shall remain PDP
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Beremx(f): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
opiaoku:
cc
truckpusher
dearpreye
temitemi1
FireFire
Mogidi
SeverusSnape
MizMyColi
Whynotthetruth
sadly all these people cannot debate intelligently other than to throw insults except for the lady.

Opiaoku,the floor is open! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by MizMyColi(f): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:
sadly all these people cannot debate intelligently other than to throw insults except for the lady.

You're wrong...

7 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Firefire(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:

Interesting...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by erunz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
HMMMM
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Tufiakwa
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Beremx(f): 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

You're wrong...
I want to be proven wrong. You see I put you as an exception so just step aside ma'am. grin grin

Opiaoku,gwa nu! grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by geedeex2(m): 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Neither the incumbent governor of PDP nor Abubakar Audu of APC is worthy of being presented at the polls .who knows or have heard the achievement of the incumbent governor?
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by alaoeri: 4:45pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nonsense analysis & what has Idris Wada achieved in Kogi for the pass 4years?
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by MizMyColi(f): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:
I want to be proven wrong. You see I put you as an exception so just step aside ma'am. grin grin

Opiaoku,gwa nu! grin

Lol
Okay.
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by AMISCOT(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
Real Bad Choice For Sure and His Deputy... APC on a loosing Mission
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
I prefer Grand dad Abubakar Audu to Be my Governor that a certain Captain that need 4yrs to study the problems of my state..This Baracanista guy just goes online reads and download crap and come out here to spill...What has the PDP done for kogi state in the last 12yrs if not looting Ibrahim idris milked the state dry for 2 terms,he brought his cohort Idris Wadada to ride on..Nothing meaningful has happened in my state....Audu isn't my favourite candidate,but his a better option to Wasa cos at least his government developed the state and they didn't owe workers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:

grin

do you want us to debate?
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:

Opiaoku,gwa nu! grin

i repeat do you want us to debate grin
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Beremx(f): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
opiaoku:

grin

do you want us to debate?
not me and you. You have to prove me wrong. If you do,you will be my friend again. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by GabrielSuswam(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
All These Analysis of Peeps who have never stepped a foot in Ganaja junction..

Wada has lost already if he's the candidate PDP is presenting..

The Kogi Central (Ebira) and Kogi West(Okun land) are in full support for Any APC Candidate if Wada remains the PDP Candidate..

The Igala zone might split votes.... But there's just no Hope for PDP and Wada...

Analysis from Ayetoro Gbedde & Ayeh Gbedde

8 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by AMISCOT(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
Justdulla:
I prefer Grand dad Abubakar Audu to Be my Governor that a certain Captain that need 4yrs to study the problems of my state..This Baracanista guy just goes online reads and download crap and come out here to spill...What has the PDP done for kogi state in the last 12yrs if not looting Ibrahim idris milked the state dry for 2 terms,he brought his cohort Idris Wadada to ride on..Nothing meaningful has happened in my state....Audu isn't my favourite candidate,but his a better option to Wasa cos at least his government developed the state and they didn't owe workers.
And why his fight with EFCC? Audu, wrong choice for my dear state

1 Like

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:
not me and you. You have to prove me wrong. If you do,you will be my friend again. grin

grin

but I'll prefer you to the debate cheesy
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:

Opiaoku can not debate either. He is the same clown as Bloodykiller.

6 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Beremx(f): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
opiaoku:

grin

but I'll prefer you to the debate cheesy
you are not good at debating with women. Debate with your fellow men and leave me out of this.

*watching from sidelines* grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Beremx(f): 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

yes I know he is bloodykiller that's why I am putting him to a test.

4 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 5:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
GabrielSuswam:

The Kogi Central (Ebira) and Kogi West(Okun land) are in full support for Any APC Candidate if Wada remains the PDP Candidate..

The Igala zone might split votes.... But there's just no Hope for PDP and Wada...

ok I know they won't make such mistake in their own state by voting the wrong candidate as filty as Audu.
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

and you won't be man enough to face me in an open debate because deep down yourself you know you're a dunce grin

1 Like

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by opiaoku: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
Beremx:
you are not good at debating with women. Debate with your fellow men and leave me out of this.

*watching from sidelines* grin grin

in debate gender is inconsequential it's a thing of brain.

beside am more comfortable debating with women cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by vedaxcool(m): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
Chie why is chief wailer's minions incapable of creating a thread using their own intelligence? it becomes apparent Peoples Wailing Party is motley of many dunce and a few averagely intelligent men.

3 Likes

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by Beremx(f): 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
vedaxcool:
Chie why is chief wailer's minions incapable of creating a thread using their own intelligence? it becomes apparent Peoples Wailing Party is motley of many dunce and a few averagely intelligent men.
Opiaoku,did you read this? Hahahahahaha!! grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by vedaxcool(m): 5:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
GabrielSuswam:

Gbam! The only way PDP can win is if they present a cadidate (credible) other than Wada, wada is a failure, failure is wada, wada and Jonathan are like 1 and 2 when it comes to failure!
Re: Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
I still remember vividly that in President Obasanjo's first tenure the Minister of Information, Jerry Gana, went round the 36 states assessing the projects executed and completed by the governors. On the gala night when the award for the best governor was announced, it went to Peter Odili of Rivers State. Governor Audu Abubakar came second.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Is At The Point Of No Return — US / Unknown Gunmen Parade They Street Of Enugu As The Enforced Sit At Home - Video / Civil War: Footage Of Biafran Soldiers Driving Nigerian Army Out Of Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.