Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,073 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy (50151 Views)

Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by vanpeele: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Soloxam:
Weldon bros, what's ur feedback from the bio fertilizer I gave you? any update? my regard to ur friend.

@Soloxam Hi. Please what's the name, brand and cost of your bio fertilizer?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
Transplanting cucumbers into vertical sack can become a serious challenge... They hardly do well when transplanted.

Unlike ugu! Ugu does well during transplant but I discover one serious challenge... Ugu seedlings still attached to the seeds are fragile and can hardly withstand stress when left hanging around the bags... It should be planted vertically by the sides... Strong winds can damage newly transplanted ugu seedlings in vertical bags.

I will definitely adapt the direct planting method I used for my soy bean when planting my cucumbers on large scale.

This small scale experiment have been a serious eye opener.

Meanwhile, I am getting a lot of visitors to the farm recently which I can hardly handle. A seminar and workshops will be coming up shortly to train and give many willing nairalander keen to experience everything practical. A date will be communicated soon.

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by kaybosedemi(m): 2:29am On Feb 02, 2016
@organic foods....well done bro...transplanting cucumbers is not too sure, especially when transplanting from nursery made on the ground. Transplanting from nursery trays is still cool as the young roots will not be disturbed. Cucumbers are very fragile. Better to do direct planting.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 7:05am On Feb 02, 2016
kaybosedemi:
@organic foods....well done bro...transplanting cucumbers is not too sure, especially when transplanting from nursery made on the ground. Transplanting from nursery trays is still cool as the young roots will not be disturbed. Cucumbers are very fragile. Better to do direct planting.
Thanks bro for the info. We had adopted several methods to transplant, very few survived. Wasted so many seedlings on trial and valuable time and resources, we are seriously working on direct planting in sacks.. It saves time and allows seamless growth, transplanting tends to hinders the development of crops in a manner that bothers me a lot.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 7:20am On Feb 04, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

That is the strawberry sir. I washed it very well. Soaked it for 2 days in water before washing.
How is your strawberry doing madam?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 7:31am On Feb 04, 2016
organicfoods:
How is your strawberry doing madam?
My brother I am told they are doing fine.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 7:54am On Feb 04, 2016
Jesusbaby6:

My brother I am told they are doing fine.
Good to hear...will be glad to see some pictures of their development.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 8:26am On Feb 04, 2016
organicfoods:
Good to hear...will be glad to see some pictures of their development.
ok.

Some of the bags are tearing up. I believe its the intensity of the sun and maybe because they are on the floor

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Jesusbaby6:
ok.Some of the bags are tearing up. I believe its the intensity of the sun and maybe because they are on the floor
Impressive. I think its weather and water...plus oxidation taking place in the bags. You may have to do some little amendment. I suggest you wrap up the bags with some strong nylon and tie up at the other end to conserve water and nutrients.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 10:53am On Feb 04, 2016
organicfoods:
Impressive. I think its weather and water...plus oxidation taking place in the bags. You may have to do some little amendment. I suggest you wrap up the bags with some strong nylon and tie up at the other end to conserve water and nutrients.
Yes. That is what I intend doing before expanding

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by johnny4u2(m): 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
Organicfoods, I just got to read all your threads on this topic from the beginning to the end and I must say you are very impressive. To have shared all this is divine. We have many out there who hide information but you are different. Kudos to Pavore9 for his beautiful contributions. We will get there. I base in Lagos, farm in Ogun State but from Ibadan. Anytime I come home I will surely pay you a visit. May God continue to improve your knowledge for this eye opener. I am glad to read and learn from you. God bless you real good.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
johnny4u2:
Organicfoods, I just got to read all your threads on this topic from the beginning to the end and I must say you are very impressive. To have shared all this is divine. We have many out there who hide information but you are different. Kudos to Pavore9 for his beautiful contributions. We will get there. I base in Lagos, farm in Ogun State but from Ibadan. Anytime I come home I will surely pay you a visit. May God continue to improve your knowledge for this eye opener. I am glad to read and learn from you. God bless you real good.
Thanks a lot for the compliments... Much credit must go to pavore9 for providing the foundation for all these. Growing up as a young man, all my primary school teachers were Ghanaians, they gave all they had in terms of knowledge to make me a better person.. They used to say I will remember them always in life because of their unshakeable honest impact to develop me into a greater person. Now I remember their words because of your comment, I may never get to meet them again but for sure I am a better person.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Cucumber flourishing in the bag.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Liadi2(m): 1:10am On Feb 07, 2016
Pls I wanted to raise a suggestion many people wishes to learn from you, pls try and organise a meeting or seminar for we people that want to learn probably on Saturday den we can all trop in to gain from you sir.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
Liadi2:
Pls I wanted to raise a suggestion many people wishes to learn from you, pls try and organise a meeting or seminar for we people that want to learn probably on Saturday den we can all trop in to gain from you sir.
I am working on it.Before the month runs out, we will have a date. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
The next stage of our project is irrigation. We have great ideas to implement a very cheap one from readily available materials. I will be sharing pictures from our project, luckily for us my partner is vast in plumbing stop...we are scouting for drip emitters to use, if you know of anyone that can sell to us pls kindly let me know.

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Liadi2(m): 7:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Pls where can I buy the cucumber seed and wic type should I purchased, pls sir how do I mixed the goat or cow dump is in solid form or liquid form like that?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
Liadi2:
Pls where can I buy the cucumber seed and wic type should I purchased, pls sir how do I mixed the goat or cow dump is in solid form or liquid form like that?
Soloxam will be of help concerning the cucumber seed. Allowing the cow dung and other organic material age will be beneficial to your plant before mixing and amending with the soil. Manure are usually slow releasing, if they are still very fresh your crop might find it difficult to make use of them. You may consider green manuring and fish pooh which are almost ready for use.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Soloxam(m): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
vanpeele:

The name of the bio fertilizer is Revolusol, Brand is Jaditropic, We don't have the commercial stock at the moment. I will get in touch when it available.......
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Liadi2(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
organicfoods:
Soloxam will be of help concerning the cucumber seed. Allowing the cow dung and other organic material age will be beneficial to your plant before mixing and amending with the soil. Manure are usually slow releasing, if they are still very fresh your crop might find it difficult to make use of them. You may consider green manuring and fish pooh which are almost ready for use.
type of green manuring pls sir and how much is it sir?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Soloxam(m): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
vanpeele:

The name of the bio fertilizer is revolusol, the brand is Jaditropic, the cost price is yet to be out as the commercial stock isn't available. I will get in touch as soon as it available. Thanks.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Liadi2(m): 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
Soloxam:
The name of the bio fertilizer is Revolusol, Brand is Jaditropic, We don't have the commercial stock at the moment. I will get in touch when it available.......
pls Wat of seed can I purchase for cucumber.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Liadi2(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
organicfoods:
pls are you referring to the fish pond water and Wat type of green manure re you referring to because am a novice here oooo.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Liadi2:
pls are you referring to the fish pond water and Wat type of green manure re you referring to because am a novice here oooo.
I am referring to fish pond waste water. Green manuring involves mixing newly sprouted weeds with your soil as soil amendment.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 12:25am On Feb 20, 2016
Some stuffs are unfolding very fast...I will be updating them very soon. You all will love it for been part of this journey so far.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by osca234: 8:05am On Feb 21, 2016
Mr organicfoods i am interested in soyabeans farming. You talked about experimenting on it.pls give us updates if it can be done in vertical farming system.

What breed is really profitable on a commercial scale.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 10:42am On Feb 21, 2016
osca234:
Mr organicfoods i am interested in soyabeans farming. You talked about experimenting on it.pls give us updates if it can be done in vertical farming system.

What breed is really profitable on a commercial scale.
The soybean have been doing well. If you are not planting GMOs, any breed will do just well. I will upload pix from the field next week.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 11:14am On Feb 21, 2016
Three days ago, I got a phone call from someone from Notion Africa requesting a visit to our farm. They wanted to do a documentary for DSTV Africa Magic on our Vertical sack farming, we were excited and more than willing to share our ideas and techniques live on camera. A date was fixed and by Saturday filming started, Charles Agbemashior a Ghanaian from Notion Africa worked us through the filming processes for almost 8 hours of filming none stop, he was a perfectionist with strong passion that conquer stress throughout the process, a thorough man I must say, we demonstrated live and even harvested lettuce. Production and editing will be done in Canada and in three weeks the video should be ready for screening on DSTV and other stations across the world. We will be coming to Lagos in a program titled "Get Skilled" organized by Notion Africa by March (A date hasn't been fixed) to teach more than 100 guests across local council in Lagos State on the techniques for vertical sack farming. All these will be done for free, however we will be coming with some of our organic products (Organic Manure, And Neem Oil). You can encourage us by buying this products...We are giving every knowledge and everything we know about this unique farming for free, we however shouldn't be paying to do so, encourage us by buying our product when we come to Lagos in March!

Special thanks to Pavore9 and Ibrahim who gave Charles my number, Nairalanders who have criticized our work and those that showed immense support, the balance gave us strength, the revolution starts now! I want to see all secondary schools students practicing Vertical Sack Farming, We have started in Ibadan. If you know of any schools in Lagos that can inculcate this Idea, pleas do let me know...Cheers the journey is still very far.

11 Likes

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by lanre2009: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
God bless and increase you more and more....

organicfoods:
Three days ago, I got a phone call from someone from Notion Africa requesting a visit to our farm. They wanted to do a documentary for DSTV Africa Magic on our Vertical sack farming, we were excited and more than willing to share our ideas and techniques live on camera. A date was fixed and by Saturday filming started, Charles Agbemashior a Ghanaian form Notion Africa worked us through the filming processes for almost 8 hours of filming none stop, he was a perfectionist with strong passion that conquer stress throughout the process, a thorough man I must say, we demonstrated live and even harvested lettuce. Production and editing will be done in Canada and in three weeks the video should be ready for screening on DSTV and other stations across the world. We will be coming to Lagos in a program titled "Get Skilled" organized by Notion Africa by March (A date hasn't been fixed) to teach more than 100 guests across local council in Lagos State on the techniques for vertical sack farming. All these will be done for free, however we will be coming with some of our organic products (Organic Manure, And Neem Oil). You can encourage us by buying this products...We are giving every knowledge and everything we know about this unique farming for free, we however shouldn't be paying to do so, encourage us by buying our product when we come to Lagos in March!

Special thanks to Pavore9 and Ibrahim who gave Charles my number, Nairalander who have criticized our work and those that should immense support, the balance gave us strength, the revolution starts now! I want to see all secondary schools students practicing Vertical Sack Farming, We have started in Ibadan. If you know of any schools in Lagos that can inculcate this Idea, pleas do let me know...Cheers the journey is still very far.
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Pavore9: 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
organicfoods:
Three days ago, I got a phone call from someone from Notion Africa requesting a visit to our farm. They wanted to do a documentary for DSTV Africa Magic on our Vertical sack farming, we were excited and more than willing to share our ideas and techniques live on camera. A date was fixed and by Saturday filming started, Charles Agbemashior a Ghanaian form Notion Africa worked us through the filming processes for almost 8 hours of filming none stop, he was a perfectionist with strong passion that conquer stress throughout the process, a thorough man I must say, we demonstrated live and even harvested lettuce. Production and editing will be done in Canada and in three weeks the video should be ready for screening on DSTV and other stations across the world. We will be coming to Lagos in a program titled "Get Skilled" organized by Notion Africa by March (A date hasn't been fixed) to teach more than 100 guests across local council in Lagos State on the techniques for vertical sack farming. All these will be done for free, however we will be coming with some of our organic products (Organic Manure, And Neem Oil). You can encourage us by buying this products...We are giving every knowledge and everything we know about this unique farming for free, we however shouldn't be paying to do so, encourage us by buying our product when we come to Lagos in March!

Special thanks to Pavore9 and Ibrahim who gave Charles my number, Nairalander who have criticized our work and those that should immense support, the balance gave us strength, the revolution starts now! I want to see all secondary schools students practicing Vertical Sack Farming, We have started in Ibadan. If you know of any schools in Lagos that can inculcate this Idea, pleas do let me know...Cheers the journey is still very far.

It gladdens my heat knowing that from a simple post on vertical sack farming, you have flown with the idea and would be viewed across borders. It reminds me of what a Reverend Father told me, he said knowledge shared is a seed sown to provide harvest for someone. May the Lord continue to strengthen you and your team.

5 Likes

Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by Jesusbaby6(f): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
organicfoods:
The soybean have been doing well. If you are not planting GMOs, any breed will do just well. I will upload pix from the field next week.

From your experiment sir how many tons are you expecting from the sacks and how many sacks?
Re: Vertical Sack Farming Made Easy by organicfoods(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
Pavore9:

It gladdens my heat knowing that from a simple post on vertical sack farming, you have flown with the idea and would be viewed across borders. It reminds me of what a Reverend Father told me, he said knowledge shared is a seed sown to provide harvest for someone. May the Lord continue to strengthen you and your team.
Thanks a million times!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.