Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others (21378 Views)

Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG / FG Borrows N600bn Annually To Augment Staff Salaries, Says SGF / N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by SpotlezDonald25(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2015
Ok
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by nwakaibeya1: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_HYeb2Io8 >those who HAVE spiritual eye listen TO utterance in video&know its TRUE but U CANT accept truth easily?frm time of JESUSCHRIST
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by 9japride(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2015
Them FG guys used most of the funds for election

4 Likes

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2015
janus05:

More @ http://www.punchng.com/news/n600bn-debt-contractors-abandon-lagos-ibadan-expressway-183-others/

we r coming. when we will look into the details of the contract and im sure they must be fowl play
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by chesterlee(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2015
I thought the APC goons said GEJ didn't do anything?

Propaganda and lies would only last for a moment...but the truth would always find a way to be revealed.

Hypocrisy is a vice!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by loomer: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
Bevista:
So, the SE had the most projects (45), even more than double the projects in the much larger NW (20). Little wonder where the highest wailing pitch is coming from. The SE had the highest appointments and projects in the last administration, yet no benefit to the region.

I dont give a hoot if they all abandon site. I am 100% certain Nigeria's money is safe, and in the fullness of time it will be deployed to the right projects.

Chief, I've been to some places in the north, and their roads ar ok. Their roads are not as difficult to construct/maintain as those from the south

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by SmartMugu: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2015
DrLee:
this has always been a problem in this country! every administration will abandon their predecessors works and waste resources
Not sure why it's like that. Aren't on-going projects captured in the handover notes one administration passes to the new one?

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by Mboi: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
Bevista:
So, the SE had the most projects (45), even more than double the projects in the much larger NW (20). Little wonder where the highest wailing pitch is coming from. The SE had the highest appointments and projects in the last administration, yet no benefit to the region.

I dont give a hoot if they all abandon site. I am 100% certain Nigeria's money is safe, and in the fullness of time it will be deployed to the right projects.
Hear poor man wailing... Sorry.

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by hisgrace090: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2015
so out of 184 road project across geopolitical zones, only two of them were sited in the south east zone which is onitsha/enugu, and enugu/portharcourt. Two of them which have lasted upto 5 yrs without constructing upto 20 km in all. In fact Igbo man have suffered. Jonathan I hail o!
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by Bevista: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2015
loomer:

Chief, I've been to some places in th north, and their roads ar ok. Their roads are not as difficult to construct/maintain as those from the south
I know bro, but the wailing on this site by one section of the country is deafening.
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by loomer: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2015
Bevista:
I know bro, but the wailing on this site by one section of the country is deafening.

No matter wat, people will always complain, weda or not you do them well.
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by asha80(m): 8:21am On Sep 12, 2015
hisgrace090:
so out of 184 road project across geopolitical zones, only two of them were sited in the south east zone which is onitsha/enugu, and enugu/portharcourt. Two of them which have lasted upto 5 yrs without constructing upto 20 km in all. In fact Igbo man have suffered. Jonathan I hail o!
your line of thought I funny..the rds you listed are just examples given and not all and no they have not being finished..in fact from the figures given the se has the highest concentration of contracts though abandoned
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by fawaz050(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:
This is what I have been saying for a week now.

Buhari is not adhering to the 2015 budget that was duly approved and passed by the last National Assembly.

If Buhari feels the budget is not in tandem with his policy drive then he should seek for budget amendment and or supplementary budget.

To make Matters worse, Buhari on the other hand continues to bennefit from revenue derivations set on the premise of the last budget.

Buhari is not following up on the budget neither is he even rolling out any new project, so what exactly is Buhari doing with the revenue being generated?

This man will destroy this country.
pole as if u would have done better
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by sarutobie(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2015
chesterlee:
I thought the APC goons said GEJ didn't do anything?

Propaganda and lies would only last for a moment...but he truth would always find a way to be revealed.

Hypocrisy is a vice!!!
hypocrisy is akin to witchcraft

5 Likes

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by edababa007(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2015
Stop displaying ur ignorance here man.. U mean d 2015 budget with 88% allocation for salaries and allowances..

WombRaiders:

Buhari is not adhering to the 2015 budget that was duly approved and passed by the last National Assembly.

If Buhari feels the budget is not in tandem with his policy drive then he should seek for budget amendment and or supplementary budget.

To make Matters worse, Buhari on the other hand continues to bennefit from revenue derivations set on the premise of the last budget.

Buhari is not following up on the budget neither is he even rolling out any new project, so what exactly is Buhari doing with the revenue being generated?

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by RexTramadol1: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
Continuity of project, the problem of Nigeria politician. Obj the thief awarded the project then, but nothing happen, the thief just award contract for paper, and all this yoruba newspaper never one day reported bad thing about this thief obj. GEJ came and re awarded the contract together with Benin-Ore road, today u can leave from Lagos to Benin without tress of that Benin-Ore traffic that obj use to kill Nigerians then. Lagos-Ibadan road was ongoing well before dullapo came with his body movement and everything has been stopped.

Funny enough, some blind people will say GEJ is the problem of Nigeria, obj them no see, babagida them no see, dullard buhari them no see. Shabi nigeria started in 2009 abi? Bias will kill some people no be small.

Dullapo! grin grin grin

Kuku kpami!
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by sweetgala(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2015
DrLee:
this has always been a problem in this country! every administration will abandon their predecessors works and waste resources

Given most of those projects were highly inflated I'd say those contractor have no ethical grounds to abandon those projects.
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2015
edababa007:

Stop displaying ur ignorance here man.. U mean d 2015 budget with 88% allocation for salaries and allowances..

Assuming your figure is right then what has he done with the rest?
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by 989900: 8:31am On Sep 12, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
Continuity of project, the problem of Nigeria politician. Obj the thief awarded the project then, but nothing happen, the thief just award contract for paper, and all this yoruba newspaper never one day reported bad thing about this thief obj. GEJ came and re awarded the contract together with Benin-Ore road, today u can leave from Lagos to Benin without tress of that Benin-Ore traffic that obj use to kill Nigerians then. Lagos-Ibadan road was ongoing well before dullapo came with his body movement and everything has been stopped.

Funny enough, some blind people will say GEJ is the problem of Nigeria, obj them no see, babagida them no see, dullard buhari them no see. Shabi nigeria started in 2009 abi? Bias will kill some people no be small.

Do you have payment details/schedule of the said abandoned projects?

Kindly share.

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by otiigba1(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

i wonder o!, one would hope he is not hiding (looting) them. He has nothing to loose after all

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

Keep in mind that when 2015 budget was passed....the benchmark was $53 per barrel of oil

Now oil is $47....and has even gone lower this year.

Looks like there isn't enough money.

Does that tell you something....especially when the new Customs boss was saying his marching orders was to increase revenue....and when the new broom at the Tax Office is a chap who quadrupuled Lagos state's tax revenue.?

And does that explain to you why we cannot build new projects? We do not have the money.(Unless you want us to go back to the IMF and World Bank and take a hefty loan.)

And yes....GEJ should have saved money.....but even then...that means we would be having this conversation next year.

That is the benefit of living in an oil rich economy. When the oil prcie drops....the savings get depleted....and the money runs out. (And we have been here before...1982).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by otiigba1(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2015
sweetgala:

Given most of those projects were highly inflated I'd say those contractor have no ethical grounds to abandon those projects.
well it will depend on how much funds are left after subtracting bribery expenditures, loans borrowed to start up the construction companies and profits. Hence why some of this projects are never even built or built halve way and abandoned.

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by edababa007(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2015
WombRaiders:

Assuming your figure is right then what has he done with the rest?

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by farem: 8:45am On Sep 12, 2015
Hmmm
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by farem: 8:50am On Sep 12, 2015
All that was for show! When Buhari said he met' virtually empty treasury', he meant the debts on ground will take long time to offset.

The only thing is that all were put in place to cajole us into voting. The contractors were rooster sure that incumbent can never loose. So they agreed to all forms of indecent terms-mortgaging our future as usual. So they went about doing it on credit while the clueless govt was using the photographs to deceive us with"he is doing it" stupidity..

How would someone ever believe that with so much money generated, the contracts were virtually on credit.

How do we reconcile the fact that after six years most of the 'score cards' were ongoing and debt-laden projects. A lot of demonically-deceived goons did not stop using the Apapa-Oshodi expressway as campaign slogan (some of them dwell in some God-forsaken remote locations). Today what was term reconstruction is a mere patching. How fast and easy can you move freely from Apapa to Balliet?
Jonathan is not an achievements person and if you have problem with that go and ask the balyesians what he achieved as governor

4 Likes

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by enzony(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2015
porka:
[size=13pt]The contracts will be re-awarded to compensate APC donors in about a year from now.

Their contractors will then turn Lagos-Ibadan expressway to bicycle lanes like they did to Mile 12-Ikorodu or a jogging path like Lekki Bridge[/size]

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
HAhahahhahah, lol at jogging path like Lekki Bridge. That bridge has really turned to a jogging path for residents in Lekki, I noticed.
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2015
The Funds meant for various Projects were diverted to General Elections courtesy of GEJ and saTANoids.

That's the summary!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by dictbennie(m): 9:06am On Sep 12, 2015
farem:
All that was for show! When Buhari said he met' virtually empty treasury', he meant the debts on ground will take long time to offset.

The only thing is that all were put in place to cajole us into voting. The contractors were rooster sure that incumbent can never loose. So they agreed to all forms of indecent terms-mortgaging our future as usual. So they went about doing it on credit while the clueless govt was using the photographs to deceive us with"he is doing it" stupidity..

How would someone ever believe that with so much money generated, the contracts were virtually on credit.

How do we reconcile the fact that after six years most of the 'score cards' were ongoing and debt-laden projects. A lot of demonically-deceived goons did not stop using the Apapa-Oshodi expressway as campaign slogan (some of them dwell in some God-forsaken remote locations). Today what was term reconstruction is a mere patching. How fast and easy can you move freely from Apapa to Balliet?
Jonathan is not an achievements person and if you have problem with that go and ask the balyesians what he achieved as governor

And he was governor for how many years? Use your head, not your ass bros

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by LastSurvivor: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2015
we asked for it and we will get it.
the country is not just on standstill but on a speed of light digression..

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by Emusan(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2015
omowolewa:
If the likes of JBerger, RCC, SCC, Dantata are closing sites, the impact on the masses would be great on Human Capital Index. One of the yardsticks of measuring government performance.

Civil servant, construction worker, Banks/Bankers are all medium of re distributing money from Government to citizen. With this 'Sacky' generation. It won't be long before Nigerian start feeling the heat.

Most contractors had even borrowed money to finance the project. Now they can't pay both principal and interests. The banks are threatening to publish their name as bad debtor. After sacking staff the next stage is to sell off their assets and the pack off.

PMB act fast

My Brother you hit the nail on the head.

In late July this year my company (Construction) laid off 2/3 of her staff, now they want to do worst by closing down their sites.

I believe anyone who voted for President Muhammad Buhari and being affected by this current downside of economy won't be happy. The ironic part of it was that majority who have not seen this problem are neither affected by it.

1 Like

Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by fascowilly(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=DONMAYOR19 post=37923657]Continuity of project, the problem of Nigeria politician. Obj the thief awarded the project then, but nothing happen, the thief just award contract for paper, and all this yoruba newspaper never one day reported bad thing about this thief obj. GEJ came and re awarded the contract together with Benin-Ore road, today u can leave from Lagos to Benin without tress of that Benin-Ore traffic that obj use to kill Nigerians then. Lagos-Ibadan road was ongoing well before dullapo came with his body movement and everything has been stopped.

[/eeh macaroni, reset your brain and count the number of souls wasted during regime of your father and mother Jonathan and patience, and precisely the money your blood brother orubebe wasted then to count few, we all regret voted you.]
Re: N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others by arsenal33: 9:15am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=warrior01 post=37924948]I thought the past administration did nothing. How come there are construction going on simultaneously in the six geo political zones which Buhari as usual has stopped. Punch and all Apc followers shouldn't complain coz they asked for it. [/quote

Minister of works claimed they had completed 25,000km of federal roads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Justice Okoi Ikpi Itam Is Dead! (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Plans To Escape Through Cameroonian Borders - Arewa Youths / June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.