Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388158 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 09, 2016
david290:
Good day people. I got this job but am quite
busy now. I will like you to read the below very
carefully. If you're interested please reach me
via my email (samuelolawale03@gmail.com) with
a sample of your work and your rate per 500
words. Please note, only serious and excellent
writers and be ready to commence work
immediately. Good luck.
Hello, we are looking for a writer who can
complete every 500 words in no more than 2
hours. The writer should also be able to
complete between 3000 to 4000 words a day.
Some of the niches include; biographies, product
reviews, automotive, self-improvement, home
improvement, food and nutrition, health and
fitness, arts and entertainmet, science, computer
and technology, sports, finance, commerce et
cetera. We require someone for an immediate
start and I should let you know that the first few
articles will be reviewed within the first six hours
of working with us if you get hired. If your
articles do not meet our quality standards or our
content team do not find them satisfactory by
any standard, you will be paid for them and the
contract will have to be terminated. Please feel
free to ask any questions, thanks.

2 hours * 4 that's 8 hours a day. Full time work. What are they paying?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by callydon(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2016
david290:
Good day people. I got this job but am quite
busy now. I will like you to read the below very
carefully. If you're interested please reach me
via my email (samuelolawale03@gmail.com) with
a sample of your work and your rate per 500
words. Please note, only serious and excellent
writers and be ready to commence work
immediately. Good luck.
Hello, we are looking for a writer who can
complete every 500 words in no more than 2
hours. The writer should also be able to
complete between 3000 to 4000 words a day.
Some of the niches include; biographies, product
reviews, automotive, self-improvement, home
improvement, food and nutrition, health and
fitness, arts and entertainmet, science, computer
and technology, sports, finance, commerce et
cetera. We require someone for an immediate
start and I should let you know that the first few
articles will be reviewed within the first six hours
of working with us if you get hired. If your
articles do not meet our quality standards or our
content team do not find them satisfactory by
any standard, you will be paid for them and the
contract will have to be terminated. Please feel
free to ask any questions, thanks.
Interested...
What's d pay like?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by seoloverain: 7:46am On Mar 09, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 8:34am On Mar 09, 2016
callydon:

Interested...
What's d pay like?
It is Contained in the body of the job description: STATE YOUR RATE.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2016
Martins301:

2 hours * 4 that's 8 hours a day. Full time work. What are they paying?
myself knows what's up so that is why I am asking for your rate. You should know this is business; if you state your rate and it is fine by me then we got a deal.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 9:52am On Mar 09, 2016
victor101:

Please send your queries here, so other freelancers can benefit from the response. Thanks
Hi victor101,
What's the update on the sugardaddy article I sent in?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2016
memyselfandI:
Hello Upworkers, I am a newbie. Please, when is the best time to bid for jobs on upwork? Do I have to open my own paypal account even though I want to use the services of nairaland exchangers? When a job is in progress and 'funded' is written beside the amount agreed by you and the client, what does it mean? Must I start at entry level? I have seen jobs that I can comfortably execute in the intermediate level, what do I do? Thanks in advance.

MemyselfandI said "when is the best time to bid for jobs on upwork?"
For Upwork, there's no "best time" I do advice to bid from 12pm to say 4pm, then 7pm till dawn, you see there's really no best time.

MemyselfandI said "Do I have to open my own Paypal account even though I want to use the services of nairaland exchangers?"
Why use Nairaland exchangers when you already have a Paypal account? Now what type of Paypal are we even talking about here? if it's Nigeria Paypal, forget it, instead get a payooneer Mastercard, or better still stick to a Nairaland exchanger.

MemyselfandI said "When a job is in progress and 'funded' is written beside the amount agreed by you and the client, what does it mean?"
It simply means that the client has funded the job on escrow, that's the money for the job is held by Upwork and will be released when you have satisfied the client's needs and have requested approval, then will the client approve the fund to you.

MemyselfandI said "Must I start at entry level?"
No, Unless you are not an expert in such field, but come to think of it why will a freelancer start at entry level when the client will always select a highlevel freelancers for a job, all the freelancer need to do is just to reduce his/her price quote. My dear, I'll advice that you only focus on a skill you are an expert in. I started at "Expert" with $60/hr. It's all about what you can offer differently at higher quality. The funny thing is that you can be an expert and bid in an entry level jobs, I hope you see my point?

MemyselfandI said "I have seen jobs that I can comfortably execute in the intermediate level, what do I do?"
Change to intermediate Level and bid, you're not there to look, you're there to make money for yourself. If you're super sure of your skill(s) then the sky is your starting point.

I know this will help, or should I say "I hope it helps?"

Shalom!

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2016
ranson:

Hi victor101,
What's the update on the sugardaddy article I sent in?

Ranson, am sorry the client was somewhat not pleased, I needed to pacify her not to suspend the contract. So I looked for a Pakistani freelancer to execute the job and the client had continued the contract. Will you be interested in a wikipedia project I need to conclude?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2016
Martins301:

It was a response to your advert on this thread and two others. Am I supposed to post it here

@martins am sorry the job had already been awarded long time ago. I though it was a query. Thanks for your interest.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2016
victor101:

For Upwork, there's no "best time" I do advice to bid from 12pm to say 4pm, then 7pm till dawn, you see there's really no best time.

MemyselfandI said "Do I have to open my own Paypal account even though I want to use the services of nairaland exchangers?"
Why use Nairaland exchangers when you already have a Paypal account? Now what type of Paypal are we even talking about here? if it's Nigeria Paypal, forget it, instead get a payooneer Mastercard, or better still stick to a Nairaland exchanger.

MemyselfandI said "When a job is in progress and 'funded' is written beside the amount agreed by you and the client, what does it mean?"
It simply means that the client has funded the job on escrow, that's the money for the job is held by Upwork and will be released when you have satisfied the client's needs and have requested approval, then will the client approve the fund to you.

No, Unless you are not an expert in such field, but come to think of it why will a freelancer start at entry level when the client will always select a highlevel freelancers for a job, all the freelancer need to do is just to reduce his/her price quote. My dear, I'll advice that you only focus on a skill you are an expert in. I started at "Expert" with $60/hr. It's all about what you can offer differently at higher quality. The funny thing is that you can be an expert and bid in an entry level jobs, I hope you see my point?

MemyselfandI said "I have seen jobs that I can comfortably execute in the intermediate level, what do I do?"
Change to intermediate Level and bid, you're not there to look, you're there to make money for yourself. If you're super sure of your skill(s) then the sky is your starting point.

Shalom!

Hello, I can handle articles relating to food and nutrition, toxicology, and life(bio) science researches as im a MSc student of toxiclogy and can write well constructed and detailed articles.
Also, i dont understand why upwork has refused to approve my profile even after 3rd time of submitting my profile for review. Pls help
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:17am On Mar 09, 2016
Academic writer and editor wanted to edit and format academic chapter 1$2

Hello,

This job is the editing and formatting of 1&2 chapter of a research thesis on assessments in medical education.

Specifically, I would like the assigned freelancer to do the following:
- To read the short project overview to understand the project context
- To address all the comments within document
- Any comments that the freelancer does not feel able to address identified, with reasons and/or further queries.
- Each document to be formatted using the formatting requirements provided Key skills needed to do this job well
- PhD/MPhil /MRes writing skills
- High attention to detail - Understanding of academic graphs and tables
- Confidence with numerical information
- Ability to record any questions they would like answered, and seek clarity when needed to ensure success If done well, more work will be provided.

My budget is fixed : $20-30(negotiable in Naira equivalent) Many thanks .

NOTE: expect a fairly quick turn around. I'll prefer a freelancer who's available on Skype or yahoomessenger and can share samples of related work done. Happy bidding

Contact email: aprofessor@naij.com

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ranson(m): 11:14am On Mar 09, 2016
victor101:

Ranson, am sorry the client was somewhat not pleased, I needed to pacify her not to suspend the contract. So I looked for a Pakistani freelancer to execute the job and the client had continued the contract. Will you be interested in a wikipedia project I need to conclude?
Let me have the details concerning the wikipedia project so to if I will be able to handle it.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by callydon(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2016
Abeg ooohhh, those of una wey dey fit get contract at UpWork n are busy to execute them. u guys can subcontract to guys here who ain't that busy.
Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by memyselfandI: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2016
victor101:

Shalom!

@victor101, thanks, it sure did help. That means I was looking at money passing me by when I could have grabbed it! I have been on Entry level for 2 weeks and succeeded in winning two jobs to the tune of $45(the money is yet to be approved but they are funded). Thanks for your advice, I am going to immediately port to another level. Believe me when I say I am sure of my skills.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
david290:
myself knows what's up so that is why I am asking for your rate. You should know this is business; if you state your rate and it is fine by me then we got a deal.

$10 per 500 words
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by guente02(m): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
Page 0 - 32 opheeeeew.
I want to delve into this freelancing thing as a web developer/designer. What level of code maturity would I have to attain to be fit for freelancing. I can only command HTML and CSS and do mockups in photoshop.
Funny enough after I followed ladywritter thread i applied for pioneer card and its been lying dormant in my laptop bag since last November and I've got a large web, mobile development tutorials from teamtreehouse, Udemy, tutsplus etc but I've been finding it hard to leverage on it and change my financial status. I'm not in for quick money so i just need someone in the same niche to shed some light on this issue to help me stay focused and guided.

Jesse
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
Martins301:
$10 per 500 words
Thank you. $5 is my price
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
I want to know about fiverr.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
david290:

@ your rate I can deliver 2 - 3 you in a day.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 2:15am On Mar 10, 2016
Hi Victor101, I have been a member of O-desk (now up work) for some few years now, and the depressing part is, I haven't gotten any job. Though I got more active on it this year.
What am I getting wrong? Please kindly review my profile for assistance.
My name is "Emmanuel Olugbenga".
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 3:21am On Mar 10, 2016
Withdraw your funds from Fiverr,freelancer,Elance,upwork with PayPal etc

Exchange 250 to $1

Contact on my Signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2016
justi4jesu:
Withdraw your funds from Fiverr,freelancer,Elance,upwork with PayPal etc

Exchange 250 to $1

Contact on my Signature

Worst exchanger on Nairaland. Thought you referred to the money being withdrawn as peanuts? Why then are you still here? Dam

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
If you have a Transcription job, and busy, please notify me. From English to written text, thanks. smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by callydon(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2016
david290, I've sent u an email n my number yet no reply.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Blackkie: 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hello,
I can get the job done.
startupsnews@gmail.com

Emmyk:
If you have a Transcription job, and busy, please notify me. From English to written text, thanks. smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ShehuAba(m): 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
david290:
I already sent you a pm
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Blackkie:
Hello,
I can get the job done.
startupsnews@gmail.com

Lol, no job and that I'm busy not to attend to.
I was asking if anyone has one for me too.

@All, So, I got two interviews within the last 24hours and all is going on fine. From Upwork and Freelancer tho. God's good. cool
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by juwoonn(m): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
its never too late
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
ShehuAba:

I already sent you a pm
I replied already.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by david290(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2016
callydon:
david290, I've sent u an email n my number yet no reply.
Can you confirm the name that accompany your mail? And if I already have your number then you don't have to worry. I will get in touch when I should.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Blackkie: 11:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
I am going through this thread from the beginning.
As wonderful as it is, I found out something worth pointing at - there is a lot of misconceptions.

Those that have advanced in this marketplace thinks that others will ordinarily catch up. If those who ask questions knows it, I bet you they will not ask questions.
The simple thing here is that a lot of people ask for direction and got something below average.

You know something, knowing something does not translate to transferring such to others. Nigerians lacks opportunities, it is not only wonderful informing many about something, teaching - teaching does the miracle. Do you people think that those who organised school system are mad that they made courses to last for a minimum of four [4] years? Why are you given continues assessment, an end of year project and final year examination? All is geared towards making a student a better finished material.

Unfortunately, it is not all students that learn fast, and the fast learners do not rule the world. Kindly be patient with newbies! is anything wrong with someone offering writing jobs for $5? Was Rome built in a day? Will everyone be a whizkid? Gradual development is never a wrong one.

Lastly, many have made allusions to Nigerians being scammers - why are we like this?
If you have not competed a job and delivered it will you be paid? Why all these scam alerts?

8 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coderXO(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
I need $200 paypal, who wants to sell? N250 to $1 needed today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.