Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388922 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by godoluwa(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
victor101:
Send your skype ID to my email; I'll keep tab.
I love what you are doing, keep it up boss
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hi guys

I specifically need a good Academic writer and editor to join my team. Must have a Laptop, be online 24/7. Must have Skype installed in laptop (not Phone) for easy communication. Lastly, you should know different Academic Style Format.

Send through your Skype ID to email: aprofessor@naij.com with subject "Victor, lets work together".
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
olurayshy:
Hi Victor101,

It's a great pleasure being here. I so much appreciate your kind heart to share this kind of useful info with us. I will like to join this thread and gain from your wealth of knowledge.

Thanks

Olurayshy. You're welcome, we have other great gurus in the house willing to help you when the time arises.

Shalom!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by TLrboss(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hello guys, I have a problem in my freelancer account which I want to share with you guys hoping to get some response.

I've been on freelancer.com as a writer since late last year and I've done many works there. It was earlier this year that I got a re-writing work, after few very successful works with the white guy it happened that I couldn't deliver a certain work he gave me on time because of a certain challenge i was having as of the time; before then I already told him that I need his review (which of course would be very nice cos I'm good which he admitted earlier) to boost my reputation.

So as I explained to him why I couldn't finish the job on time hoping that he would consider, the guy, after terminating the offer went ahead to pay me off; and after that he reminded me of the feed I demanded earlier and also asked me to give him a nice review which I agreed to hoping that he'll do same.

The truth is that I've not been able to secure a single project ever since I parted ways with him which is so unusual. just recently I realized that the guy gave me an ugly review saying that "I'm not on time and he was not satisfied with me" which was not a lie if our last work is to be considered singularly.

On seeing that I was so disappointment at him cos the last job was the only one I didn't beat its deadline in all the works I did for him. it would have been better he didn't drop the feedback. I even regret ever working with him cos his' was the cheapest of all and I didn't even gain a dollar from it but rather a loss since he terminated the project on the onset and freelancer.com had already deducted their commission or whatever from my account balance.

Now I'm thinking of contacting their customer care, but before that I decided to bring it up here:

Has any of you guys ever received a bad review, and any idea on how to move forward, thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Lipso: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hello everybody here, bros & sis';I need a WordAi software.Can any kind person here help me get it?Million thanks in anticipation.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
I was interviewed for a Job last month, the job was later canceled by Upwork, due to its policy; the work requires a lot of people, Upwork terminated it since the work was not assigned to anyone.

Now, these people are contacting me directly via my email, is it safe to do the work for them?
Safe in the sense that, would I be paid when I deliver? cheesy
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 1:01am On Apr 18, 2016
Emmyk:
I was interviewed for a Job last month, the job was later canceled by Upwork, due to its policy; the work requires a lot of people, Upwork terminated it since the work was not assigned to anyone.

Now, these people are contacting me directly via my email, is it safe to do the work for them?
Safe in the sense that, would I be paid when I deliver? cheesy

No, is not safe. Upwork had found that the company is hiring freelancers then "probably" paying these freelancers outside of Upwork which is term "circumvention". Upwork highly frowns at such. The worst is that you'll not get paid, if a client or company ask to pay outside Upwork. Just know that something isn't right. I'll advice you block such client and report the case out-rightly to Upwork support. Some scam artist use this means to build email contacts for different scam purposes.

Tips: Avoid bidding for jobs that already have like almost all the bidders interviewed, or jobs that states "to hire 100 freelancers" or a ridiculous number of freelancers for a position.( here's what I do, I look for previous jobs posted by the client and history - This helps you know a serious client from a client who's just out to test how the platform functions - "Don't waste your CONNECTS anyhow"wink . Some client uses, Upwork job offers to bring people to their websites, to register on their platform and get paid, Upwork frowns at that( block this kind of clients/company or simply report them). From my experience On circumvention Upwork blocks the account of both the client and the freelancers involved.

Hope this helps.

Shalom!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2016
@victor101 Thanks for the explicit explanation. I checked the person's profile. Thought the profile was good enough. He has spent over $200,000 since 2011. Hired around 500. I'll question him today.

Circumvention.. Hmmm. I applied for another job, rewriting reviews on someone's website. Currently being interviewed. I'll just have to be very careful. smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by gocare: 11:22am On Apr 18, 2016
Hi victor101

Please I sent you an email with my profile link, you haven't said anything yet.
Please do
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2016
gocare:
Hi victor101

Please I sent you an email with my profile link, you haven't said anything yet.
Please do

Hi there:

Send me your Upwork ID and password via my email. I want to handle your profile for 1-2weeks. I believe you'll at least get your first job as a spring board. I might need to change you profile pic. Do you have a pic that brings you out more?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by purplecircle: 6:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
victor101:
Send your skype ID to my email; I'll keep tab.

Mail sent
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
purplecircle:

Mail sent

Added.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
Good day people. This evening is my first time of coming across freelancing. I view this as a good venture and sonething I could do with ease. But my challenge now is I do not have a laptop computer. My phone is all I have. Can I get on wih it?

Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Chyvy(f): 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
banttieman:
Good day people. This evening is my first time of coming across freelancing. I view this as a good venture and sonething I could do with ease. But my challenge now is I do not have a laptop computer. My phone is all I have. Can I get on wih it?

Thanks

Yes, you can. Do not be discouraged. But you'll have to avoid bidding for hourly jobs, because you'll be required to download the time tracking desktop app.

Working with your mobile is mainly possible in the writing niche. If you have an android smartphone, on your browser, enable desktop view and navigate the site. You can also download the mobile app from playstore.

Download google docs or MS word too and use for your typing and writing, although I prefer the former because of its formatting tools. Also download skype app from playstore.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Chyvy:

Yes, you can. Do not be discouraged. But you'll have to avoid bidding for hourly jobs, because you'll be required to download the time tracking desktop app.

Working with your mobile is mainly possible in the writing niche. If you have an android smartphone, on your browser, enable desktop view and navigate the site. You can also download the mobile app from playstore.

Download google docs or MS word too and use for your typing and writing, although I prefer the former because of its formatting tools.

Cheers!

Thank you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by gocare: 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2016
victor101:

Hi there:

Send me your Upwork ID and password via my email. I want to handle your profile for 1-2weeks. I believe you'll at least get your first job as a spring board. I might need to change you profile pic. Do you have a pic that brings you out more?

Thank you so much
Done
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 1:27am On Apr 19, 2016
DATA ENTRY JOB: Limited Space available(3 slots).

We've got a English (USA) Data Validation Project that needs someone with 24hours/7days a week availability. Must have a laptop with (Google Chrome Installed, Skype Installed) 24/7 Good Internet speed.

We'll be employing immediately!. We pay daily or weekly. Target number of phrases to edit will be given to required complete daily. We'll Prefer unemployed graduates or a work at home mom, as we believe these set of people will have the required amount of time needed for this project. You must be very proficient in English Language( American English ) fast-paced and smart, self-motivated, hard working with good listening skills. This is a very simple project that only requires simply basic computer skills to work on the Data Platform. Only serious minded candidates willing to start now should apply with your Skype ID (We'll train you on how to do the job via Skype Screen Share in just couple of minutes.

Convince us, why should you be given the opportunity to work on this project in just 2 sentences. Please No C.V/credential needed.

Apply with Email Subject: " Am available 24hrs/7days for this job, with a Laptop on Good internet speed."
Email: aprofessor@naij.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 3:51am On Apr 19, 2016
Withdraw your Funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance via Paypal and get paid in Naira Instantly

Rate - 255

BBm: 529D18D7
Whatsapp: +971555821385
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coderXO(m): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2016
TLrboss:
Hello guys, I have a problem in my freelancer account which I want to share with you guys hoping to get some response.

I've been on freelancer.com as a writer since late last year and I've done many works there. It was earlier this year that I got a re-writing work, after few very successful works with the white guy it happened that I couldn't deliver a certain work he gave me on time because of a certain challenge i was having as of the time; before then I already told him that I need his review (which of course would be very nice cos I'm good which he admitted earlier) to boost my reputation.

So as I explained to him why I couldn't finish the job on time hoping that he would consider, the guy, after terminating the offer went ahead to pay me off; and after that he reminded me of the feed I demanded earlier and also asked me to give him a nice review which I agreed to hoping that he'll do same.

The truth is that I've not been able to secure a single project ever since I parted ways with him which is so unusual. just recently I realized that the guy gave me an ugly review saying that "I'm not on time and he was not satisfied with me" which was not a lie if our last work is to be considered singularly.

On seeing that I was so disappointment at him cos the last job was the only one I didn't beat its deadline in all the works I did for him. it would have been better he didn't drop the feedback. I even regret ever working with him cos his' was the cheapest of all and I didn't even gain a dollar from it but rather a loss since he terminated the project on the onset and freelancer.com had already deducted their commission or whatever from my account balance.

Now I'm thinking of contacting their customer care, but before that I decided to bring it up here:

Has any of you guys ever received a bad review, and any idea on how to move forward, thanks.

You need to protect your profile and reputation at all cost. If someone offered me $50,000 for my freelancer account, I wouldn't sell it.

As you have found out it can seriously hamper your ability to get new jobs.

Depending on your other feedback prior to this, you might still be able to fight through.

If you are finding it very hard to get jobs, you need to drop your prices so they will be invited to try you out again.

Good luck.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
justi4jesu:
Withdraw your Funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance via Paypal and get paid in Naira Instantly

Rate - 255

BBm: 529D18D7
Whatsapp: +971555821385
Justi4jesu, can you add my email, and do withdraws for my Upwork acc, if "yes" then lets transact today
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
Victor101 you were right, my account was suspended for circumvention or is it circumnavigation? Lol. Accepting to work outside upwork (someone asked for my Skype id and I gave him) and accepting a spamming job. Someone hired me to write reviews like that, that particular day. They suspended me the moment I told the hirer the amount I wanna charge him.
I have read their policy now.

Is it good to be hired for a work on upwork and you take the work to other freelancing websites that you pay cheaper for whoever you hire? Because that's what I'm about to do.

Also, how do I pay someone that I hired?
Okay, basically, I wanna hire someone but I don't know how I'm gonna pay the person, via freelancer.com since we can't even use Nigerian PayPal to transfer funds, can the money be transfered from my Bank account?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 7:42am On Apr 24, 2016
Emmyk:
Victor101 you were right, my account was suspended for circumvention or is it circumnavigation? Lol. Accepting to work outside upwork (someone asked for my Skype id and I gave him) and accepting a spamming job. Someone hired me to write reviews like that, that particular day. They suspended me the moment I told the hirer the amount I wanna charge him.

Is it good to be hired for a work on upwork and you take the work to other freelancing websites that you pay cheaper for whoever you hire? Because that's what I'm about to do.

Okay, basically, I wanna hire someone but I don't know how I'm gonna pay the person, via freelancer.com since we can't even use Nigerian PayPal to transfer funds, can the money be transferred from my Bank account?

Good I told you this before it happened. Everything I write on my thread are based on my experience as a freelancer on "Upwork", I don;t want other newbies and old freelancers alike to take the long journey I took ( it can be tiring and discouraging) - the very inspiration of creating a thread as this. Am encouraging other GURUS to contribute and help others -

Use payoneer for payment on Freelancer.com. That's what I use.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by muhammed001(m): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2016
Good day victor101,

I downloaded Upwork app on my android phone but it's not working all I see is "unfortunately, Upwork has stopped" is there any problems with the app or its from my side?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 11:38am On Apr 24, 2016
muhammed001:
Good day victor101,

I downloaded Upwork app on my android phone but it's not working all I see is "unfortunately, Upwork has stopped" is there any problems with the app or its from my side?

Thanks in advance.

Muhammed001, try and re-download, could most likely be your phone
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by muhammed001(m): 11:43am On Apr 24, 2016
victor101:

Muhammed001, try and re-download, could most likely be your phone

OK sir, Thank you for the quick reply.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
muhammed001:

OK sir, Thank you for the quick reply.
It closes when you get that message?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2016
@Victor101 , Thanks, I'll be more careful now.
Payoneer card? I've applied since 2013, the card has been delivered, but I have no idea where they delivered it too. Shouldn't they call my mobile no to come pick it up?
The account I was given shows on my Payoneer account every time, prompting me to activate the card.

I just reactivated the card recently, telling them to ship it to my new location, hopefully, I'll get it this time around.

Thanks all the way.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Chyvy(f): 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Emmyk:

Okay, basically, I wanna hire someone but I don't know how I'm gonna pay the person, via freelancer.com since we can't even use Nigerian PayPal to transfer funds, can the money be transfered from my Bank account?

Is it against Upwork's rule to give clients Skype Ids?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
Chyvy:

Is it against Upwork's rule to give clients Skype Ids?

Yes, it's against Upwork rule to give client your Skype ID in your proposal, subsequent correspondence, you can.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Chyvy(f): 10:03pm On May 02, 2016
victor101:

Yes, it's against Upwork rule to give client your Skype ID in your proposal, subsequent correspondence, you can.

Ok. Thanks Victor. You've got mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.