Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,611 members, 7,958,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:52 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (399156 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 10:13pm On May 02, 2016
Chyvy:

Ok. Thanks Victor. You've got mail.

Got mail here? where?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Chyvy(f): 12:33am On May 03, 2016
Your gmail. Check your spam.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Alphanancy: 9:06am On May 03, 2016
Hello Victor, as a beginner, what is the appropriate hourly rate to start with. I pegged mine at $6. Is this okay. I will also appreciate if you can make out time to view m profile and let me know if i am good to go. Thanks. /
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 11:17am On May 03, 2016
[quote author=Alphanancy post=45265826]Hello Victor, as a beginner, what is the appropriate hourly rate to start with. I pegged mine at $6. Is this okay. I will also appreciate if you can make out time to view m profile and let me know if i am good to go. Thanks. (Alphanancy I'd suggest you remove your Upwork Profile from this thread) quote this post with the phrase "I understand"

Hi Upworkers,

I'd decided to use the profile as a sample. For those who had been requesting for me to edit their profile. I believe you can learn from the screenshot I took my time to make. However I'll advise not to copy and use the words on this sample edit/comments I made. Upwork has a team that works round the clock to pull down duplicate profiles. The purpose is for us to learn. Happy viewing!

Shalom.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Alphanancy: 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
[b][/b]I understand. Thanks.[quote author=victor101 post=45269506][/quote]
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by silvoice(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2016
please i need an urgent help, i just got an offer at upwork, to write a book compiled from an "open access cc 3.0 licensed articles, without any restriction" for $150.
please is "open access cc 3.0 licensed articles" the same as the ones we google online or are their specific sites to obtain this materials? please help me if you have idea on how to obtain this "open access cc 3.0 licensed articles" let me know, before i will accept the offer.
thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 1:20pm On May 04, 2016
silvoice:
please i need an urgent help, i just got an offer at upwork, to write a book compiled from an "open access cc 3.0 licensed articles, without any restriction" for $150.
please is "open access cc 3.0 licensed articles" the same as the ones we google online or are their specific sites to obtain this materials? please help me if you have idea on how to obtain this "open access cc 3.0 licensed articles" let me know, before i will accept the offer.
thanks
Just Google open access 3.0 licensed articles you should get all the info you need. Learn to make Google your friend when you need info on anything.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by silvoice(m): 1:54pm On May 04, 2016
jonaboy:

Just Google open access 3.0 licensed articles you should get all the info you need. Learn to make Google your friend when you need info on anything.
yes, I'v been googling it. I now know that it's articles that has no legal restriction in terms of copying and reproducing same, provided that the original author is acknowledged. My confusion is how to know which article is an "open access" because my client will verify the link I provide.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 7:16pm On May 04, 2016
silvoice:
yes, I'v been googling it. I now know that it's articles that has no legal restriction in terms of copying and reproducing same, provided that the original author is acknowledged. My confusion is how to know which article is an "open access" because my client will verify the link I provide.
Please search for PLR articles you should find a lot of them.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 5:19pm On May 05, 2016
If you know how to rewrite a written word, so that the meaning still remains but the sentence/word completely changes, kindly reach me aprofessor@naij.com . If you know how to write, edit and proofread academic papers, I need you to join my team. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by adedolapo4(m): 6:53pm On May 06, 2016
justi4jesu:
Withdraw your Funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance via Paypal and get paid in Naira Instantly

Rate - 255

BBm: 529D18D7
Whatsapp: +971555821385

This man up here is a joke guys. We need a stronger rate.

https://www.nairaland.com/3082432/sell-paypal-payoneer-n280-instant#3082432.14

This is a very good deal guys. Don't let us sweat for others.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by muhammed001(m): 2:36pm On May 10, 2016
Good day everybody,

Please somebody should assist me, I want to sign up @ Upwork I can't see the form trough my phone and pc. If I click sign up»»» looking for work I will just see an empty without the sign up form. Please somebody should put me through.

Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by muhammed001(m): 2:38pm On May 10, 2016
Good day everybody,

Please somebody should assist me, I want to sign up @ Upwork I can't see the form trough my phone and pc. If I click sign up»»» looking for work I will just see an empty without the sign up form. Please somebody should put me through.

Thanks..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by adedolapo4(m): 5:19pm On May 10, 2016
Victor101 please you have a mail. Please check you mail box
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by strongtech2(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2016
@Victor please I will like to talk to you about upwork n fiverr have registered on both kindly whatsapp me 07032380845. Very important
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 4:16am On May 11, 2016
strongtech2:
@Victor please I will like to talk to you about upwork n fiverr have registered on both kindly whatsapp me 07032380845. Very important

Hi, Strongtech2 kindly bring up the issue here so others can learn from. Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by strongtech2(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2016
victor101:

Hi, Strongtech2 kindly bring up the issue here so others can learn from. Thanks

Concerning upwork, I joined the platform not quite long ago. Since them have not received any interview but I do submit proposals. Just want to know what could be wrong and how can I move ahead and getting jobs. Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by penance(m): 8:07am On May 12, 2016
Hello,I registered at upwork recently and after registration I got a message saying the marketplace does not have opportunities for my skills and that I should add more skills and experience.I have added more skills but to no avail even though upwork did not accept my registration,I have been given the connects needed to make proposals.
My question is even though I wasn't accepted can I still make proposals.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 3:54pm On May 12, 2016
penance:
Hello,I registered at upwork recently and after registration I got a message saying the marketplace does not have opportunities for my skills and that I should add more skills and experience.I have added more skills but to no avail even though upwork did not accept my registration,I have been given the connects needed to make proposals.
My question is even though I wasn't accepted can I still make proposals.

No, you'lll be sent an mail that ur profile is live that you can bid.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by strongtech2(m): 6:31pm On May 12, 2016
Kindly help me check my profile on upwork if it is OK. Ready to make corrections. Thanks

http://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0184184dce9bdbdb79/
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Akasejude: 8:03pm On May 12, 2016
Iam interested akasejude@gmail.com is my email
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by AbuMikey(m): 10:28pm On May 12, 2016
G12:
Welcome back to me!

Fiverr is killing me with orders, I have finally settled for outsourcing instead of going on vacation since the orders keep flooding in.

Congrats to those taking actions, just stay focused and deliver a quality service, the big money would come. This is the secret to a successful freelancing career.

Testimony time!
Between last week and now,
I've had over $800 orders on Fiverr.
Praise God!

Show Me road oooo

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by couragekebs(m): 5:17pm On May 15, 2016
victor101:
If you know how to rewrite a written word, so that the meaning still remains but the sentence/word completely changes, kindly reach me aprofessor@naij.com . If you know how to write, edit and proofread academic papers, I need you to join my team. Thank you!
Oga victor, pls i nid ur help. I'm a graduate, served n passed out since 2014. Read Microbiology n i've got nothing doing sinz den. D only skil i have is sewing. I hv a laptop n a phone (hotspot). Pls how do i fit in dis freelancing Job? Which of d niches can i do well with no-previous-knowledge or ebook training.? Cuz i cnt afford a seminar or training. I'v nt atended a computer sch b4. But i can operate d computer well (at least d basics) Pls help me #InTears.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 7:33pm On May 15, 2016
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 7:33pm On May 15, 2016
New project needs a diligent serious freelancer: Immediate Start!

We have one thousands questions, which need to be checked and rewritten if necessary. You’ll work on a Google spreadsheet and your task will be to: Open a link and read the question. If it’s okay (understandable, grammatically correct, possible to answer) mark it on the spreadsheet. If the question is not okay (incomplete, with errors, etc.) you will rewrite it. Sometimes it’s necessary to conduct a short research. Because of the big amount and short deadline, we prefer someone who is hardworking and target driven. We’ll send you a detailed instruction to selected applicant.

Skills Required: Article Rewriting, Google Spreadsheets, Proofreading

Continuous work if you're a great fit for this project.

Send application to : aprofessor@naij.com
NOTE: We need someone who's available to finish this task in a fairly quick turn around time. (You must be available on Skype for flow of Communication)
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2016
If you are a stellar academic editor and proofreader. You can turn work on PhD level academic paper, eagle eye, detail oriented academic guru. I need you on my team. Please get in touch. You'll do a sample to proof your worth. Thanks

aprofessor@naij.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 5:19pm On May 19, 2016
I told my friend about Upwork, he registered but has not been able to submit proposals because he doesn't have connects. How does he get the 60 monthly connects?

Modified: Fixed. cool
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by sheis: 9:09am On May 21, 2016
@Victor101 thank you for taking your time to explain all these. Please I need answers to the following questions.

Do you think that accounting and bookkeeping skills from a Nigerian can sell on these freelance sites?

Is it possible for me to bid for bookkeeping jobs while I am in Nigeria?

Do we have Nigerian clients on these foreign sites?
I look forward to your response.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by sanyakola: 9:36am On May 21, 2016
@victor101 got a question. just got my first job on upwork and it went well, the issue now is how do I withdraw my funds because I registered Firstly as a Nigerian, later changed to United States which always require a tax form to be filled. Please how do I go about this. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pyerii: 1:48pm On May 21, 2016
Hi house,

Pls, those of you with your hands full already can delegate some writings to me, whether article or any kind of writing. I have been on this for almost a month but still have yet to receive an offer. Thanks!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2016
sheis:
@Victor101 thank you for taking your time to explain all these. Please I need answers to the following questions.

Do you think that accounting and bookkeeping skills from a Nigerian can sell on these freelance sites?

Is it possible for me to bid for bookkeeping jobs while I am in Nigeria?

Do we have Nigerian clients on these foreign sites?
I look forward to your response.

Bookkeeping should be among the skills your trade on.. I think you can add, admin, data entry and customer service to your skills. Don't just rely on one skill alone.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2016
sanyakola:
@victor101 got a question. just got my first job on upwork and it went well, the issue now is how do I withdraw my funds because I registered Firstly as a Nigerian, later changed to United States which always require a tax form to be filled. Please how do I go about this. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fill the tax form and withdraw. You should have known about the tax notice before you changed your country to USA. Best still, change your country back to Nigeria and withdraw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (190) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.