Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388139 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by AbuMikey(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lucky31:
Please who knows how to transcribe audios here? Foreign accent? I can send you a 10-minute file. I will pay you N1k for the 10 minutes. I work on Freelancer and I have a lot of work now. Instead of subcontracting to other foreigners, I decided to bring it here.

I know it's hard to trust people, but I won't allow you work for me and not pay. I have a few files to be transcribed by tonight.

WhatsApp on my signature.
Hi bro
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demo4ril97(m): 12:31am On Aug 08, 2016
This thread subtracted 6-hours+ of my time, well am really greatful for all who contributed till this stage.

Courtesy: victor101, G12, fxbot, stagger. God bless you all.
EmmyK na worldwide you dey?, I don dey suspect your move for NL o!. #lol.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 12:38am On Aug 08, 2016
demo4ril97:
This thread subtracted 6-hours+ of my time, well am really greatful for all who contributed till this stage.

Courtesy: victor101, G12, fxbot, stagger. God bless you all.
EmmyK na worldwide you dey?, I don dey suspect your move for NL o!. #lol.
grin grin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Emmyk:
grin grin
. Help me na my Upwork account
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Emmyk:
grin grin
. Help me na my Upwork account
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Emmyk(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
3RNEST:
Help me na my Upwork account
I don't have a solution to this bro.

Victor101, someone needs help here.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 09, 2016
joe4866:

Hello bro.. I'm having problems approving my Upwork account, how did you do yours? Can you help out?
If you are in the writing niche, they have been refusing to approve profiles of recent due to "insufficient job opportunities". You could try to register in another niche and then change it after being approved. Confirm from Victor101 of this will work sha, na just idea.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by joe4866: 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Thanks man, they've approved the account now.. What techniques do you use to secure a project.
koonbey:
If you are in the writing niche, they have been refusing to approve profiles of recent due to "insufficient job opportunities". You could try to register in another niche and then change it after being approved. Confirm from Victor101 of this will work sha, na just idea.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
joe4866:
Thanks man, they've approved the account now.. What techniques do you use to secure a project.
Nice, how did you go about it? For the projects..what niche did you get the account approved in?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by joe4866: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
I created another account and I changed County to United States , and everything went well even with 40% profile completions.
I'm a Web designer.. There are several Web projects there, but anytime I send a proposal, it doesn't seem I'm talking to a human being grin
koonbey:
Nice, how did you hoabout it? For the projects..what niche did you get the account approved in?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2016
justi4jesu:
Sell your Payoneer and Skrill Funds to us and get credited within Minutes.

Send us your Funds and get credited with Naira into your Bank Account within minutes of receiving your funds.

Payoneer/skrill Rate 330 to $1

Paypal Rate 310 to $1
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2016
Please is it possible to recieve payment from 2 different accounts into the same payoneer card??
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
stagger:

Matthew chapter 13 verse 10 - 15

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;

15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should[a] heal them.’

16 [b]But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;

17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The words of Jesus Christ Himself. Treasure is only revealed to those who have eyes that see, ears that hear and brains that understand!

Ignorance is poverty
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
victor101:

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS. HOPE I MET YOU ALL WELL? I THOUGHT I'D SHARE THIS HERE.

How to Manage Client Expectations

Freedom and flexibility of freelancing comes with the responsibility of managing expectations with many clients, who often differ in what they’re asking for, or expecting during a project.

Thus, it’s not surprising that often freelancers dealing with an upset client come looking for help. However, it is never late to turn the situation around and positive feedback from a grateful customer who had been frustrated and disappointed only a few days before is worth a lot. Here are a few common tips that we have heard from experienced freelancers when it comes to setting, managing and updating expectations with a client:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Always make sure you clearly understand the assignment, scope, deadlines and client’s expectations before you accept an offer. Ask questions, discuss and document all the terms and milestones. Consider everything that could wrong on a project and do your best to prevent it. Suggest breaking a fixed price contract into smaller, more manageable milestones or talk to your client about the weekly limit and allowing Manual Time on an hourly contract should you need it. Many experienced freelancers especially in the “Writing/Translation” and “Design” categories always make sure to specify the number of revisions they are able to offer. As A GURU. likes to say: “underpromise and overdeliver.”

Communicate, communicate, communicate.
Among the most common client complaints we receive is freelancers going unresponsive or missing, so we can’t stress enough how important it is to communicate often and professionally. If the client expressed their concerns with what’s being delivered, ask clarifying questions, listen carefully to what they have to say and propose possible solutions.

Don’t be pushed around
It’s very important to be able to take responsibility and improve your service when you didn’t deliver as well as expected. However, it doesn’t mean that you need to put up with unreasonable demands, endless revisions and groundless refund or discount requests. Politely, yet firmly, explain to the client that you have done what was asked of you, and will be able to make changes but at your posted rate and within a certain time frame.

Have you had projects that you lost sleep over? How did you handle them? Did you manage to turn an unhappy client into a long-term loyal customer? Please, share your experience and tips.

Curled from UPWORK Community Forum.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by penance(m): 6:35am On Aug 14, 2016
Thinking out loud ,is it necessary for someone to change the IP address in order to sell on upwork?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
After one week and 2 five dollar jobs, just got my first real job for $50.

Thanks to all the posters on this thread for una information. You guys are enroute to changing my life. This could be quite big.

Word of advice for newbies like me. No do follow follow. Find something you are good at, or learn something. Learn how to package it and how to package yourself. Then sell it.

Adios.

... Off to work... I need to buy a home suitcase, suit and tie o grin this room is my new office.

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
tonyx4x44:
After one week and 2 five dollar jobs, just got my first real job for $50.

Thanks to all the posters on this thread for una information. You guys are enroute to changing my life. This could be quite big.

Word of advice for newbies like me. No do follow follow. Find something you are good at, or learn something. Learn how to package it and how to package yourself. Then sell it.

Adios.

... Off to work... I need to buy a home suitcase, suit and tie o grin this room is my new office.

Congrats tonyx4x44 , I enjoin everyone to strive for perfection. You can only succeed when you choose to!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ENGRDUDU89(m): 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
Upwork account for sale contact me on WhatsApp: 07053084322.its a new account.but there is already 4 tests done on the account..US basic English test
Article writing and online blogging tests
Upwork readiness test
UK basic English test

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
victor101:

Congrats tonyx4x44 , I enjoin everyone to strive for perfection. You can only succeed when you choose to!

Thanks a lot bro... Success is a decision o.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2016
Una don help me well for this thread, make I contribute.

Grammarly is now offering her premium service for free!

If you don't know already, Grammarly is earth's foremost grammar checker. It checks your text automatically across all websites and program. In includes word check, plagiarism check, and syntax and grammar check.

Grammarly is the best thing that can happen to any writer.

How to get it

1. Go to this link and Install Grammarly toolbar for firefox, chrome, or safari - http://gram.ly/qrcy

2. Enjoy the premium free!

You are welcome. cool

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by mojeed4(m): 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
tonyx4x44:
Una don help me well for this thread, make I contribute.

Grammarly is now offering her premium service for free!

If you don't know already, Grammarly is earth's foremost grammar checker. It checks your text automatically across all websites and program. In includes word check, plagiarism check, and syntax and grammar check.

Grammarly is the best thing that can happen to any writer.

How to get it

1. Go to this link and Install Grammarly toolbar for firefox, chrome, or safari - http://gram.ly/qrcy

2. Enjoy the premium free!

You are welcome. cool

Is the free grammarly for life or just for some time?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by sirOrubebe: 12:37am On Aug 22, 2016
joe4866:
Hi bro, how did you manage to get your account approved, 'cause I'm struggling with that here.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2016
mojeed4:

Is the free grammarly for life or just for some time?

Not for life o. For a while invite people to increase your free time. I have like 6 months free. In 6 months time I hope to have enough cash to buy the premium without breaking a sweat
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Areaboyfriend(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
I have been struggling with my upwork account approval. I have tried registering severally with nigerian IP. But I keep getting rejected. Please help me. Victor101 et al.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by surestsam(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2016
papaking1:

let's talk
kindly dm me or chat me up on whatapp.. Thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by sirOrubebe: 9:55am On Aug 24, 2016
Areaboyfriend:
I have been struggling with my upwork account approval. I have tried registering severally with Nigerian IP. But I keep getting rejected. Please help me. Victor101 et al.
I'm having same issues... embarassed
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Areaboyfriend(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2016
sirOrubebe:
I'm having same issues... embarassed
I register with a Canadian address, in a different niche. And it worked.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by sirOrubebe: 1:20am On Aug 25, 2016
Areaboyfriend:

I register with a Canadian address, in a different niche. And it worked.
Wow bro. That's cool. But you can't change country after registering, and that could be fatal!

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 3:31am On Aug 25, 2016
justi4jesu:
Sell your Payoneer and Skrill Funds to us and get credited within Minutes.

Send us your Funds and get credited with Naira into your Bank Account within minutes of receiving your funds.

Payoneer/skrill Rate 340 to $1

Paypal Rate 310 to $1

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.