Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (387495 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 1:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
BARAJ92:
I will like to appreciate the op(victor), fxbot, g12, Byron, porthos, pidggin and other fellow not to forget the boss himself @stagger though still think he got some ego which most pple have after attaining some success. I read from the first place down here. I am currently a bankrupt unemployed graduate, seeking ways to make money online, currently taking a course on code.org, downloaded SME YouTube videos on web design before stumbling on this thread. I will like to ask if their is anybody that has Administration/Data Entry, virtual assistant in the house who can give me tips on how to be successful in that niche As writing is a no go area for now until i can see someone to tutor me, web design and co needs mastery of the skills. Though I could easily pass any examination on English, I could work on educational or sport article editing.

I saw your email. Just do what you are doing from now till the end of the year. Once you have the skill, the rest is history. For your info, I have no ego. Those who know me offline can tell you I am the most down to earth person you can ever meet. I have been travelling and have had no time to reply emails.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by BARAJ92(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
stagger:

I saw your email. Just do what you are doing from now till the end of the year. Once you have the skill, the rest is history. For your info, I have no ego. Those who know me offline can tell you I am the most down to earth person you can ever meet. I have been travelling and have had no time to reply emails.
It is possible as no one can judged another man without meeting him, I appreciate every bit of information, you have dropped.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
As a newbie creating my profile, how many dollars would you advice I use as my hourly rate?

Thanks in advance.

My brother, know what experts in your niche charges, then as a newbie you'll have to charge less, but deliver excellently! that way you get good feedbacks and returned clients. Best wishes.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Standing5(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
stagger:
The starting point is: what skill do these guys have? If you have no skill you will be earning peanuts!

But if you have real skills, employers will come with thousands of dollars begging you to do their work. I made $50,000 from a Latvian company on Elance in 2013 alone. That company alone paid my rent that year and a jeep I bought.

You have to be on top of the food chain. All this talk about profile building without skills is a waste of time.

I even give 10k, 20k jobs to students because I am too busy now and work with few high paying companies now. There is even a php developer I know based in Lagos who has done more than 700 jobs on freelancer. When u reach that stage jobs will be chasing you, not you chasing $2 per 500 words peanut butter change.
I was curious after reading your post. What kind of service do you offer to get that Latvia job?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
Standing5:

I was curious after reading your post. What kind of service do you offer to get that Latvia job?

Not for public consumption. I signed an NDA.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Standing5(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
stagger:

You can try now. Make it ambiquous as possible and leave the rest to my imagination. Lol
Just wanted to know what pays more.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 11:39am On Sep 02, 2016
stagger:

lol. Bro, I know you wella and that is why I never felt angry over what happened last year here. You have earned your place. I did create a thread sometime ago seeking your views but getting your attention is like mining for Gold!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abcruz(m): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:

You have a means of verification abi?
pls do you know if national identity slip could be enough for the verification?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ladyF(f): 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
Abcruz:
pls do you know if national identity slip could be enough for the verification?
I'm not sure, but I doubt.

You can use if for a cumulative limit of around $1,000 without verification. After which it will be mandatory you provide a standard means of ID to verify.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
justi4jesu:
Sell your Payoneer and Skrill Funds to us and get credited within Minutes.

Send us your Funds and get credited with Naira into your Bank Account within minutes of receiving your funds.

Payoneer/skrill Rate 350 to $1

Paypal Rate 315 to $1
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abcruz(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:

I'm not sure, but I doubt.

You can use if for a cumulative limit of around $1,000 without verification. After which it will be mandatory you provide a standard means of ID to verify.
ok. Thanks 4 the clearification
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ladyF(f): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Abcruz:
ok. Thanks 4 the clearification
You're welcome. Have you opened the account yet?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abcruz(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:

You're welcome. Have you opened the account yet?
soon. But u and money eeeeh grin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ladyF(f): 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
Abcruz:
soon. But u and money eeeeh grin
Lwkm!!!! grin

But you sef like money na grin
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
stagger:

NDA? When all you have said is "company in Latvia"? Na wah for that kain NDA o.

Just tell the fellow that you're not telling him your service, e no kuku be by force.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abcruz(m): 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
ladyF:

Lwkm!!!! grin

But you sef like money na grin
noooo! I nor like money, but moni love me. nevertheless i'll contact you when i have skrill fund.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ladyF(f): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Abcruz:
noooo! I nor like money, but moni love me. nevertheless i'll contact you when i have skrill fund.
Yaaay! grin

Lol....have a lovely weekend smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abcruz(m): 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
ladyF:

Yaaay! grin

Thanks dear!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demo4ril97(m): 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
ladyF:

Yaaay! grin

Upwork no wan lemme sell skrill for you o!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ladyF(f): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
demo4ril97:
Upwork no wan lemme sell skrill for you o!
Why na? cry

BBM or WhatsApp?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demo4ril97(m): 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
ladyF:

Why na? cry

BBM or WhatsApp?
I re-edited and submitted my applications thrice, but still couldn't get their approval I want to venture into writting. I also made sure my profile description was error free and well detailed likewise my profile image is okay. What might be the possible cause? I did research online and I found out that they are strict in accepting accounts.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ladyF(f): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
demo4ril97:
I re-edited and submitted my applications thrice, but still couldn't get their approval I want to venture into writting. I also made sure my profile description was error free and well detailed likewise my profile image is okay. What might be the possible cause? I did research online and I found out that they are strict in accepting accounts.
Chai....I have no idea... cry
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 4:03am On Sep 07, 2016
demo4ril97:

There are already too many freelancers in writing. That's what has been happening of recent. If you still insist on writing, make a profile for another skill set, then change it after approval.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demo4ril97(m): 5:52am On Sep 07, 2016
tonyx4x44:

There are already too many freelancers in writing. That's what has been happening of recent. If you still insist on writing, make a profile for another skill set, then change it after approval.
thanks like what skill can be easily accessible?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ask1509(m): 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dear upworkers,
I need your insight as I am suspecting something fishy with my client. I decided to take action after reading this thread. Now I got my third client early this morning. He started an hourly contract with me and I logged in 2 h 10 min of work this morning. He just asked how much time I logged and there was no mention of payment.
But why I am a bit reluctant is that while chatting with him in the morning, the name that showed on my mobile app is quite different from what showed this night while chatting with him. I am still wondering how that could be.
So I said I should come ask here so I don't get duped.
What do you think? What can I do to mitigate against risk? Or am I being paranoid (maybe upwork is foolproof).
Awaiting your insights. Please its urgent so I can take action.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
ask1509:
Dear upworkers,
I need your insight as I am suspecting something fishy with my client. I decided to take action after reading this thread. Now I got my third client early this morning. He started an hourly contract with me and I logged in 2 h 10 min of work this morning. He just asked how much time I logged and there was no mention of payment.
But why I am a bit reluctant is that while chatting with him in the morning, the name that showed on my mobile app is quite different from what showed this night while chatting with him. I am still wondering how that could be.
What do you think? What can I do to mitigate against risk? Or am I being paranoid (maybe upwork is foolproof).

Forget about the client's name change. Hourly contract is the best form of escrow payment on Upwork, as far as the client had made a contract and you'd accepted and logged in time as agreed, then you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Meklex(m): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hi, gurus... I want to start freelancing on upwork... Should I use usa ip to register?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
ask1509:
Dear upworkers,

Forget about the client's name change. Hourly contract is the best form of escrow payment on Upwork, as far as the client had made an offer and you'd accepted and logged in time as agreed, then you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ask1509(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
victor101:

Forget about the client's name change. Hourly contract is the best form of escrow payment on Upwork, as far as the client had made an offer and you'd accepted and logged in time as agreed, then you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the insights bro. I really appreciate.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nasa28(m): 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
wow wow wow, I have followed this thread from page 1 to page 43 .

saw where some guys were battling with @stagger, and I just laughed. Whether he has much ego or not, I think he's a successful freelancer.

I really appreciate Victor101, stagger and the rest. I think its time to put everything I have learnt into practice like stagger rightfully said "SKILL IS THE KEY".

I also noticed that many guys in here, probably due to lack of skill and willingness to learn a new skill decided to settle for "Writing" knowing fully well they have a lot of competition from native English speakers, but u can still succeed only if you're willing to work hard.

Personally I know I don't have much skill but I have promised myself that I must learn a new skill and perfect myself in it so I want to use this opportunity to beg guys in the how to assist with links to video tutorials on WEB DESIGN (HTML, CSS, php, joomla etc).
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nasa28(m): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2016
for professionals in the house , pls can I use "drag and drop " to build mobile app that many clients will appreciate without giving me a negative review?

Like also asking if u use joomla to design a website for a client, do u guys think it will be accepted ??
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nasa28(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
any advise , P.M is welcomed or u can check my signature.......... I'm willing to learn . although I have started my account process with upwork but taking it bit by bit with my profile, thank God I met this thread, a lot of questions have been answered ....

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.