Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,448 members, 7,958,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (399095 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kaycodes: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2016
I've seen a lot of great and not so great advice on upwork.com, and it's really great that people are sharing their knowledge here.

My only point is that, being a Nigerian should not stop you from getting good gigs or even long term employment. If you want to really become a freelancer you must first understand what freelancing is all about. It's risks, benefits and pit falls. Starting out is very hard, but once you get going it can really become rewarding.

The reason most clients don't want Nigerians is because of our well known penchant for anything fraudulent. We may see it as survival but it's just an evil wind that ultimately blows no one no good.

However the top companies, I mean the ones you really want to have as clients don't really care about your nationality as long as you have the hard skills.

A good name is really to be preferred than riches, some of us are suffering from discrimination arising from other people's actions. Let's try and keep our integrity on the platform. I strongly advice against cheating on tests, those tests are simple enough. If you are not confident then take the test and practice on your weak areas, that way you can become better.

8 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
LaCremy:

Hi, please kindly put me through with Upwork test trick. thank you
CONTACT ME BELOW: www.nairabooker.tk cool
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by LaCremy: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
3RNEST:

CONTACT ME BELOW: www.nairabooker.tk cool

How please
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by wman(m): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
After 2 months and 5 interviews I got my first job on Upwork today.

I also got my level 2 badge on Fiverr today after 2 months plus.

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
LaCremy:

How please
meet me on whatsApp..check my blog below! cool
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by frankmoney(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
wman:
After 2 months and 5 interviews I got my first job on Upwork today.

I also got my level 2 badge on Fiverr today after 2 months plus.
that's good funny enough I got my first job on up work mins after I registered and second one about 5 days later ... But fiverr ? I never see anything
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by demo4ril97(m): 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
frankmoney:
that's good funny enough I got my first job on up work mins after I registered and second one about 5 days later ... But fiverr ? I never see anything
I think upwork rocks! One will only enjoy that platform if his/her profile looks professional irrespective of your country

I sent 3 proposal after my account got approved and 2 converted to an interview, the third required a philipine but I thought I was going to outshine bidders even though I saw the client stated clearly "most preferably a Philipine" for a long term job but my proposal couldn't make it

My advice is keep 9ja flag moving!

Sound simple in your proposal but show a visible level of dedication even before the job is been awarded to you!

Don't relent you may be the next upwork boss!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Gmajor(m): 6:17am On Oct 23, 2016
ibroxworl1:

You can get EIN for free from elfqrin dot com.
does this really work for withdrawing from an America account?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by LaCremy: 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
3RNEST:

meet me on whatsApp..check my blog below! cool

Ok
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by delishpot: 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
I see some people freelance through phone, how do you do that? What I noticed on upwork is that they have screen tracker which captures work in progress and that app can only be down loaded on Laptops and desk tops.
I would like to be able to work from my tablet too so that I can work even while being mobile.
Please explain further.

Just concluded a project on upwork not a bad pay for 2 days task. Now onto the next one.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Profcamsey(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
Hello freelancers, I registered for up work yesterday and my profile was approved, did the test and got 4/5. I registered US as my location. Won't it affect while I am withdrawing my money?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
Profcamsey:
Hello freelancers, I registered for up work yesterday and my profile was approved, did the test and got 4/5. I registered US as my location. Won't it affect while I am withdrawing my money?

Try it later and put up your experience for our benefit.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Uwaeromosele: 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
I can't always get past diz stage ..it is always telling me my face is nt showing dat i shuld make sure my face is well placed yet I have my picture uploaded already. .also must I link my acct 2 Facebook or something becuz anytime i press save nd continue;It will bring me back 2 edit ur profile pic..Diz has been happening 4 2weeks nw.Please i need advice on diz.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Uwaeromosele: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
frankmoney:
.Hello sir;Pls i hv been trying 2 complete my profile on upwork buh it i get stuck on tell us abut ur self.Anytime i click on save nd continue;It will bring up a notification dat my profile picture is nt well placed.by i see that my pic has been uploaded on my upwork profile.Must i link my acct 2 facebook or smthing?..also it is a naija acct.pls your advice is needed
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Ajusshi: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
Uwaeromosele:
I can't always get past diz stage ..it is always telling me my face is nt showing dat i shuld make sure my face is well placed yet I have my picture uploaded already. .also must I link my acct 2 Facebook or something becuz anytime i press save nd continue;It will bring me back 2 edit ur profile pic..Diz has been happening 4 2weeks nw.Please i need advice on diz.
Village things. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by frankmoney(m): 8:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Uwaeromosele:
.Hello sir;Pls i hv been trying 2 complete my profile on upwork buh it i get stuck on tell us abut ur self.Anytime i click on save nd continue;It will bring up a notification dat my profile picture is nt well placed.by i see that my pic has been uploaded on my upwork profile.Must i link my acct 2 facebook or smthing?..also it is a naija acct.pls your advice is needed
just make sure your picture is clear enough and your face is showing and use google chrome
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Uwaeromosele: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ajusshi:

Village things. grin cheesy
..sir pls do u hv a suggestion? or not...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Ajusshi: 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
Uwaeromosele:
..sir pls do u hv a suggestion? or not...
Yeah, check ur ip if it matched with that of the country u choose. Also try another pix. Success.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 4:25am On Oct 24, 2016
Ajusshi:
Yeah, check ur ip if it matched with that of the country u choose. Also try another pix. Success.
point taken...am Using US account uploading photo with Nigeria IP...now I see the wahala...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Princepri(m): 6:53am On Oct 24, 2016
frankmoney:
how do you bid on upwork with a new account without a 90% job score and 100 hours on upwork. I see all the jobs on upwork requires them and I can't bif
some even want native speakers to bid only
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2016
Jezzi...Omo up work now doing ID verification on US Account Wahala dey...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Princepri(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2016
demo4ril97:
I think upwork rocks! One will only enjoy that platform if his/her profile looks professional irrespective of your country

I sent 3 proposal after my account got approved and 2 converted to an interview, the third required a philipine but I thought I was going to outshine bidders even though I saw the client stated clearly "most preferably a Philipine" for a long term job but my proposal couldn't make it

My advice is keep 9ja flag moving!

Sound simple in your proposal but show a visible level of dedication even before the job is been awarded to you!

Don't relent you may be the next upwork boss!
please show me how to bypass all those job that ask for 90% job score, 100 hours, freelancers from specific location.
would the client see my proposal if I don't have those requirements as a newbie
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by frankmoney(m): 9:26am On Oct 24, 2016
Princepri:

how do you bid on upwork with a new account without a 90% job score and 100 hours on upwork. I see all the jobs on upwork requires them and I can't bif
some even want native speakers to bid only
I just make sure my proposal is enticing and I send samples , and also I offer to add some more things to the job free of charge
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Uwaeromosele: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
frankmoney:
just make sure your picture is clear enough and your face is showing and use google chrome
..Thank You sir.It has been resolved
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Profcamsey(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
I registered on upworj yesterday morning and I have got two job offers. My problem is that one client want to interview me on hangout app but my play store and Google powers apps are not connecting to network on my phone. Who knows what I can do? I am frustrated.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
Profcamsey:
I registered on upworj yesterday morning and I have got two job offers. My problem is that one client want to interview me on hangout app but my play store and Google powers apps are not connecting to network on my phone. Who knows what I can do? I am frustrated.
Which country u dey use...them block my US account...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Uwaeromosele: 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ajusshi:
..Owk point taken!!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Profcamsey(m): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
3RNEST:

US. I hope they don't block mine o. I don't use IP self.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 4:10am On Oct 25, 2016
3RNEST:

Sorry about that dude, but the way you've been going about everything, I just knew it was only a matter of time. Sad thing is that you've influenced loads of people. Now people are registering not just with the intention of earning a legitimate living, but with the intention of cheating on tests, faking their nationalities and obtaining fraudulent tax identifications. It is one thing to go contrary to set principles and guidelines, it's another thing to be so brazen about it. As Nigerians, we carry a burden of questionable integrity, we can either ease that burden as a people or add to it. Nothing personal.

12 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 5:19am On Oct 25, 2016
keishik:

Sorry about that dude, but the way you've been going about everything, I just knew it was only a matter of time. Sad thing is that you've influenced loads of people. Now people are registering not just with the intention of earning a legitimate living, but with the intention of cheating on tests, faking their nationalities and obtaining fraudulent tax identifications. It is one thing to go contrary to set principles and guidelines, it's another thing to be so brazen about it. As Nigerians, we carry a burden of questionable integrity, we can either ease that burden as a people or add to it. Nothing personal.
Dude...I feel your comment for crying out loud this is the cyber world... integrity is packing one side...true I influence many people but that's the way its was when we all started this thread failing to know that thingz has change I was telling them the *OLD METHODS * * am sorry for that...

is not that my US account was block but am sick of answering JAMB questions from Upwork....

Now everyone using US Account and want to open US account ...Upwork are watching this thread online...just Google and see what you find...STOP US things...Africa Account Rock and people are making huge money from it...Proudly Nigerian no matter what.,.Green white green for Life....

We can make Upwork a better place and its our source of unlocking the INTERNET WEALTH this 21 century...

Upwork is not about your account...is your skills put to work + good clients....that's while its called Upwork...Omo wake up and earn...Time No dey...

Conclusion....#use what have you have to get what you what in Upwork....#Big up to all faithful up workers in the house...including my humble self....#Happy Earning

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by CallmeLucy(m): 5:35am On Oct 25, 2016
Sell your Fiverr/PayPal funds in dollars and get paid in Naira instantly. I have a verified UK PayPal account so getting your money out of Fiverr, upwork, godaddy or and other sites isn't a problem for me. You can send me a message via email or contact me via Twitter and I can provide you with my contact information you can reach me on. You can be 100% sure you're in safe hands when selling to me. For the rate, please get an exchanger that can beat my rate as I'm sure no one can really compete with me. My twitter username is Femi_Mastermind. Don't hesitate to send me a message just to check if I can help you or not. Transactions take less than 5 minutes as long are you're set before contacting me.

You can call or WhatsApp me on +447909443934 to discuss the rate or more information.

My rates:

First $100 : #400/$
Over $200 : #405/$
Over $300 : #410/$
Over $400 : #415/$

So get in contact to talk about how to get your money to you.

Thanks.... I hope we find peace.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 25, 2016
3RNEST:

Dude...I feel your comment for crying out loud this is the cyber world... integrity is packing one side...true I influence many people but that's the way its was when we all start this thread failing to know that thingz has change I was telling them the *OLD METHODS * * am sorry for that...

is not that my US account was block but am sick of answering JAMB questions from Upwork....

Now everyone using US Account and want to open US account ...Upwork are watching this thread online...just Google and see what you find...STOP US things...Africa Account Rock and people are making huge money from it...Proudly Nigerian no matter what.,.Green white green for Life....

We can make Upwork a better place and its our source of unlocking the INTERNET WEALTH this 21 century...

Upwork is not about your account...is your skills put to work + good clients....that's while its called Upwork...Omo wake up and earn...Time No dey...

Conclusion....#use have you have to get what you what in Upwork....#Big up to all faithful up workers in the house...including my humble self....#Happy Earning
Hiaann!!!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (190) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.