Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (63390 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / Newly-Wedded Lady Dies Hours After Giving Birth To A Bouncing Baby. Photos / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Okie doke.
Okie doke.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
crackhaus:

Freecocoa oo, no misinterpretations please - I put all the time in bold for a reason gringrin

Now ask me that question again after adding 'all the time' and see how you sound. cheesy

Okay so now that the couple seem to be in a quagmire, what do you propose?

That the wife vehemently refuses to cook?
That the man continues doing all the cooking all the time?
That a maid comes in to do the cooking?
That they head down the divorce route?
I'm not misinterpreting na, I got the[b] all the time[/b]. Why is it a bad reflection on me, if I sit while he cooks all the time, if it's okay with us and our lifestyle? I have asked, sounds very alright to me.grin

The man should definitely not do all the cooking if that's not best for them, I mean in the end, we all want a solution to the problem after all.

I suggest, they talk about it and decide, if they both can't decide on who should do it or how it should be done between them, then they can get a maid if they can afford it.

Honestly, I find this kinda trivial for divorce, that's why it's best to know how you want to be married and agree on it before hand, but 'last last' if they can't agree, what do you want me to say?grin
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Well, we do have to reach a reasonable conclusion, it will be wasted effort, if we keep going back and forth just for the sake of it.

I am not saying I want to stop, when you still have something to say though.

So, it continues, though.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by cococandy(f): 5:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
kiss
babygirlfl:

Now this is what some women on this section do that is really annoying. Women who believe in a rigid role for men and women thinking every woman has to believe the same thing and disagreeing with them means there is something wrong with her or she was not well brought up. I don't have a problem in whatever you believe or if you want to be a superwoman, the problem is when they want to force that on every woman. Some of us have parents who have been happily (or contently :sagamite 2015) married for decades and are married ourselves without sticking to rigid societal roles. If you believe in that, fine but don't think every home will be run like that or that you are better than the other woman who does not believe in that. To these women, I am telling you all that you don't have to bring down other women to look good. Wise men will see through your pretense.

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

So, it continues, though.
Seems like it.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by crackhaus: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not misinterpreting na, I got the[b] all the time[/b]. Why is it a bad reflection on me, if I sit while he cooks all the time, if it's okay with us and our lifestyle? I have asked, sounds very alright to me.grin

The man should definitely not do all the cooking if that's not best for them, I mean in the end, we all want a solution to the problem after all.

I suggest, they talk about it and decide, if they both can't decide on who should do it or how it should be done between them, then they can get a maid if they can afford it.

Honestly, I find this kinda trivial for divorce, that's why it's best to know how you want to be married and agree on it before hand, but 'last last' if they can't agree, what do you want me to say?grin
Wow!

Okay, so you would rather they get a maid to do the cooking than proposing that the woman do the cooking at least some of the time... Again, Wow!!

You don't see anything wrong in a woman that doesn't want to cook the food that her husband will eat - the husband she wore a gown and walked down the aisle to spend her life with? The husband she picked out of the many suitors who might have come her way? The husband she proclaims all her love and affections for? The husband who makes her scream while her legs vibrate from orgasmic rhythms during and after sex? shockedshockedshocked

No way! I honestly can't believe any sane woman would be okay with this..

Okay I get it, I have come to the conclusion that the man is a very crappy fvck...because I know that once a man fvcks a woman real hard and good, y'all end up having no problem with cooking a meal for him.. cheesycheesy

Either this, or you people really take all this equality and feminism bullshiit way too far. tongue

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Mindfulness:

It has a lot to do with being a woman since women are USUALLY the ones to stay at home once children are born. Therefore, the home front is their domain, EVOLUTIONARY AND TRADITIONALLY.
Well women don't stay at home no more, now do they?

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Well women don't stay at home no more, now do they?

They do after giving birth. You don't agree? In Nigeria and even in the West. And all those policies aiming at equality in the West have not changed the fact that mothers stay home with their kids during the first years. Fathers VERY RARELY do so.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
crackhaus:

Wow!

Okay, so you would rather they get a maid to do the cooking than proposing that the woman do the cooking at least some of the time... Again, Wow!!

You don't see anything wrong in a woman that doesn't want to cook the food that her husband will eat - the husband she wore a gown and walked down the aisle to spend her life with? The husband she picked out of the many suitors who might have come her way? The husband she proclaims all her love and affections for? The husband who makes her scream while her legs vibrate from orgasmic rhythms during and after sex? shockedshockedshocked

No way! I honestly can't believe any sane woman would be okay with this..

Okay I get it, I have come to the conclusion that the man is a very crappy fvck...because I know that once a man fvcks a woman real hard and good, y'all end up having no problem with cooking a meal for him.. cheesycheesy

Either this, or you people really take all this equality and feminism bullshiit way too far. tongue
Now you are getting emotional, emotions and logic don't mix very well.tongue Did you not read that the maid comes in only if they can't reach an agreement? By default you should know that a woman that can cook and has the time, will do it, well unless she's unreasonable or doesn't give a feck about her hubby. How have I suggested that the woman shouldn't cook? I thought we are looking for lasting solution to the problem, no?

Wait, is the issue that the woman has vehemently refused to cook regardless of the fact that she can and has the time to? Make I even know wetin I dey argue sef.grin

Dude chill, women don't feck men's brain out? What type of women have you been getting with?tongue

2 Likes

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Not when these tools have proven to not work, they would need new ones.grin

There lies what I've been saying, why should they be all those things because they don't want marriage? Anyhow you look at it, the norms remains the problems, those men are probably shying away from it because the women are refusing to conform to certain norms . Honey marriage in itself is not the issue so there's really no need to boycott it, some of the rules just need to be changed.

Okay fine, both parties are to be blamed but the men should take a greater percentage of the blame because they rightly deserve it.grin I have thought about it and I know(using me as an example) what I can bring to the table, hence my demands, now many other women can do same but are being held back, it has never been a level playing field for both genders.

Ofcourse I know this and I'm telling you that in the case of this particular accident, it was caused by the malfunctioning car, not the driver. If the brake of my car is damaged and I tried to apply it to no avail, will you blame me for the brake not functioning?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by crackhaus: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Now you are getting emotional, emotions and logic don't mix very well.tongue Did you not read that the maid comes in only if they can't reach an agreement? By default you should know that a woman that can cook and has the time, will do it, well unless she's unreasonable or doesn't give a feck about her hubby. How have I suggested that the woman shouldn't cook? I thought we are looking for lasting solution to the problem, no?

Wait, is the issue that the woman has vehemently refused to cook regardless of the fact that she can and has the time to? Make I even know wetin I dey argue sef.grin

Dude chill, women don't feck men's brain out? What type of women have you been getting with?tongue
Yes I'm getting emotional...I even cried for you as I read your reply. grin

So what's your long-term lasting solution to this issue?

Take a stand Freecocoa..
Are you for the woman cooking, or for a maid coming in to do the cooking, or that the man continues being official cook?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Not when these tools have proven to not work, they would need new ones.grin

There lies what I've been saying, why should they be all those things because they don't want marriage? Anyhow you look at it, the norms remains the problems, those men are probably shying away from it because the women are refusing to conform to certain norms .

Honey marriage in itself is not the issue so there's really no need to boycott it, some of the rules just need to be changed.

Okay fine, both parties are to be blamed but the men should take a greater percentage of the blame because they rightly deserve it.grin I have thought about it and I know(using me as an example) what I can bring to the table, hence my demands, now many other women can do same but are being held back, it has never been a level playing field for both genders.

Ofcourse I know this and I'm telling you that in the case of this particular accident, it was caused by the malfunctioning car, not the driver. If the brake of my car is damaged and I tried to apply it to no avail, will you blame me for the brake not functioning?

Maybe those complaining about the tools aren't skillful enough to make it work. Others have made use of these same tools and had resounding success.

Well, why are the women now complaining? These same oyinbo women that you hold as role models! grin. Again, I dare you women to boycott marraige. The fact is that marriage was designed to help and protect women and children. Take it or leave it. Now, that oyinbo women don't want to cook anymore, the men are bailing out and replacing them when they reach menopause with younger, more nubile females. grin There's a reason why women have been performing the same roles the world over, in all cultures, in all millennia. You think it's oppression? No, it's because whatever they brought o the table gave them that option.

Yet, your wonderful western civilised women are being boycotted by the second. Madam, whether black or white or yellow, men want their women to nurture. That is the only thing of value a man wants from a woman whether or not you want to accept it.

Good luck with your demands, but know that whatever you demand will be met by a corresponding demand. And I'll tell you what's holding those women back, their own limitations, not men. Women have been divorcing since time immemorial. However, I have a bette option for them; not marrying at all. Educate your sisters, of course, your own post-35/40 elder sistren will watch with pity.

Ah, we'll just have to disagree on that, won't we?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
crackhaus:

Yes I'm getting emotional...I even cried for you.

So what's your long-term lasting solution to this issue?

Take a stand Freecocoa..
Are you for the woman cooking, or for a maid coming in to do the cooking, or that the man continues being official cook?
Eiyah dearie, weep no more.tongue

I have given you my solution, they should talk about it, if the man or woman agrees to cook all the days of his/her life, I wish them luck, all I am against is anyone being forced into it. How is that not understandable?grin
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by crackhaus: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Eiyah dearie, weep no more.tongue

I have given you my solution, they should talk about it, if the man or woman agrees to cook all the days of his/her life, I wish them luck, all I am against is anyone being forced into it. How is that not understandable?grin
Lol, there won't be a need to force anyone into doing anything if they all knew their places. grin
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

Maybe those complaining about the tools aren't skillful enough to make it work. Others have made use of these same tools and had resounding success.

Well, why are the women now complaining? These same oyinbo women that you hold as role models! grin. Again, I dare you women to boycott marraige. The fact is that marriage was designed to help and protect women and children. Take it or leave it. Now, that oyinbo women don't want to cook anymore, the men are bailing out and replacing them when they reach menopause with younger, more nubile females. grin There's a reason why women have been performing the same roles the world over, in all cultures, in all millennia. You think it's oppression? No, it's because whatever they brought o the table gave them that option.

Yet, your wonderful western civilised women are being boycotted by the second. Madam, whether black or white or yellow, men want their women to nurture. That is the only thing of value a man wants from a woman whether or not you want to accept it.

Good luck with your demands, but know that whatever you demand will be met by a corresponding demand. And I'll tell you what's holding those women back, their own limitations, not men. Women have been divorcing since time immemorial. However, I have a bette option for them; not marrying at all. Educate your sisters, of course, your own post-35/40 elder sistren will watch with pity.

Ah, we'll just have to disagree on that, won't we?
Trust me dear, if resounding success was recorded as you claim, we won't be having this discourse, I also don't know how you can make an unworkable tool work, magic perhaps?undecided

I don't hold anyone as a role model on this issue, you have to quit making the mistake of believing such. You still don't get it, the women are complaining because, society stigmatise them for not being married. Story, women have been performing the same roles because some men made some laws to subdue women, I have told you we are where we are today because men used physical strength to over power women, you take it or leave it.grin why did women and children need protection in the first place? If I'm to even buy that your claim.

I'm sorry I cannot accept it, there's no way it is solely a woman's role to nurture.

Men are part of the reason holding them back, I did say it has never been a level playing field for both genders. I am equal to task so don't worry about me, I can't ask what I can't give of him.

We will.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
crackhaus:

Lol, there won't be a need to force anyone into doing anything if they all knew their places. grin
And we are back to square one, people can and should make their own places, that's all I'm saying.cheesy
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by bukatyne(f): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
great2015:
Honestly, i don't know what some people think that marriage is all about. Marriage is for two mature minds. That girl (thats what she is) is not homely at all. Is too early to involve third party in their marriage. This is the time she has to draw her husband attention towards her alone, if she doesn't want him to start going outside. And the only way to do that is by being submissive, good food, caring etc. Hmmm, i know what i'm saying ooh, i mingle with married women; marriage is not friendship. Please do your duties, before you start saying had i know.

MEN, please there are some things you don't have to over do in courtship, do things out of love.

I believe that one of the reasons why she loves him, is because he can cook very well. And she got married to him with the mindset that he will be doing the cooking for her.
SINGLES, PLEASE LETS READ BOOKS AND ATTEND SEMINARS THAT WILL HELP US TO BUILD A HAPPY HOME.

What do you mean by marriage is not friendship?
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by freecocoa(f): 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aunty Buky please leave me alone o.grin grin
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by bukatyne(f): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
@Martyns303:

This is day 3

How far with your friend's marriage and cooking?

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by bukatyne(f): 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
babygirlfl:

Now this is what some women on this section do that is really annoying. Women who believe in a rigid role for men and women thinking every woman has to believe the same thing and disagreeing with them means there is something wrong with her or she was not well brought up. I don't have a problem in whatever you believe or if you want to be a superwoman, the problem is when they wIIIant to force that on every woman. Some of us have parents who have been happily (or contently :sagamite 2015) married for decades and are married ourselves without sticking to rigid societal roles. If you believe in that, fine but don't think every home will be run like that or that you are better than the other woman who does not believe in that. To these women, I am telling you all that you don't have to bring down other women to look good. Wise men will see through your pretense.

I totally agree with your post.

It was a flaw I had (not even regarding gender roles but on life generally) until I realized everyone is NOT like me or have the same value system.

More than one way leads to the market

That girl is very pretty by the way kiss

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Trust me dear, if resounding success was recorded as you claim, we won't be having this discourse, I also don't know how you can make an unworkable tool work, magic perhaps?undecided

I don't hold anyone as a role model on this issue, you have to quit making the mistake of believing such. You still don't get it, the women are complaining because, society stigmatise them for not being married. Story, women have been performing the same roles because some men made some laws to subdue women, I have told you we are where we are today because men used physical strength to over power women, you take it or leave it.grin why did women and children need protection in the first place? If I'm to even buy that your claim.

I'm sorry I cannot accept it, there's no way it is solely a woman's role to nurture.

Men are part of the reason holding them back, I did say it has never been a level playing field for both genders. I am equal to task so don't worry about me, I can't ask what I can't give of him.

We will.

Again, it's not marriage rules that's the problem but those in it.

Women will always never take responsibility, first it was men using physical force to subdue, now it's society's stigma. Who knows what it'll be next, playing children? The point is if you feel subdued, why not fight for your freedom. Bear in mind, however, that men are at liberty to disregard your eternal desire for marriage if they believe their own desires will not be met.

Women are nurturers by nature. Of course, you're free to dispute that, but men will believe what they want.

It will never be a level playing field which is exactly why men are boycotting in the west. That's their method of negotiating back to a position of advantage. wink. Don't worry, time teaches.

I think I've said all I have to say on this matter today. smiley
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by babygirlfl: 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
bukatyne:

I totally agree with your post.

It was a flaw I had (not even regarding gender roles but on life generally) until I realized everyone is NOT like me or have the same value system.

More than one way leads to the market

That girl is very pretty by the way kiss

True. When I was applying for a job a while ago, I applied to different hospitals who were all part of the NHS here. I had to write a personal statement as part of the application. I went to the careers and employment department in my university for help. The woman told me to add the various values of each hospital to the personal statement of the different hospital I was applying to. I learnt something from there. I realised that despite the fact that these hospitals where all part of the NHS( which has its own values) and despite the fact that they were all aiming to provide a high quality care for patients, they all hard different value statements even though a close look at the statements would show that they ultimately want to achieve the same aim of providing an excellent care for their patient. As regards marriage, what we all want is a happy long lasting marriage. If one couple decide to achieve that by not having a specific role and another decides to achieve it by having specific roles, it shouldn't really be a problem. I cannot over emphasize this because if this people take this character outside Nairaland, it could break a home. I have heard of a couple who was happy with not having a specific role until people convinced the man otherwise and the marriage suffered a lot until they sorted themselves out. People should learn to mind their business and let couple do what works for them and not what they ( outsider) thinks is best.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by babygirlfl: 12:33am On Sep 16, 2015
Society created marriage----True

Marriage was created to fill the needs of the society and must adapt to society's ongoing needs hence marriage has changed over the centuries. Marriage today serves a different need from what it was originally created for centuries ago. The society of old created roles within marriage that suited the times they lived. Society have evolved and roles within marriage has to evolve to suit the society today. Humans make society and clearly, in our society today, there is a clear divide on what roles within marriage are and should be as some would like it to remain as it is while some want it to change to suit the changing world. The problem arises when one group thinks their belief define marriage and the other does not. This belief is widely held by proponents of things being done in the same way as what they think is the old way. In reality, what they think is the old way is the adapted way of people centuries ago.

1 Like

Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by mart2k(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

Did you read any part where she ordered him to cook? Stop the insults and mind your business instead.
pls, read it carefully, u wil notice where she mentioned somtin like that. Not that she say it directly
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by GboyegaD(m): 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2015
mart2k:
pls, read it carefully, u wil notice where she mentioned somtin like that. Not that she say it directly

He's been cooking since their dating days thereby making her feel he's comfortable doing that. That is why there is a need for tact in getting her switch the roles.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by MMotimo: 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
@ Topic

Since it's not that she's cooking for herself alone, where's the fire undecided
Sometimes, young marriages experience initial turbulence and this is probably what's happening.
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by mart2k(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

He's been cooking since their dating days thereby making her feel he's comfortable doing that. That is why there is a need for tact in getting her switch the roles.
ok, I hear
Re: His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him by ogaprime(m): 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
martyns303:
One of my friend just got married four months ago and already there is fuss in his marriage. I have known both of the couple right from when their relationship was a hide and seek thing to when both families became involved, needless to say I know them very well and they are a perfect match. Let me start by introducing the guy, he used to be my roommate back in school, friends usually tease him calling him "100 yards husband material" for his attributes, this guy can keep the room sparkling clean all day and cooks better than some of our moms, not exaggerating.

He wedded his girlfriend just a month after her final exams, she is 24 (my friend is 27). 2 days ago he came to my place complaining that his wife seldom cooks and that he can count the number of times she had cooked. I told him maybe she is intimidated by his cooking, but he says he doesn't mind and just want her to do her wifey duties. I called his wife and asked her what's going on, and she said he had always cooked while they were dating and don't know why he his fussing now.

From what I can deduce, my guy is trying to be authoritative, he kept using the phrase "I am the man", he have the time as his job is flexible, so cooking shouldn't be a problem, at the same time the wife is failing to do her duties. I don't know how to advice them without taking sides. 

The wife is a registered NLer, so am sure she will see this and get the necessary advice.

Lalasticlala please help this young couple.

Ishilove do your thing. 

Hello sir op, I some how stumbled upon this loong thread with a delicate and serious topic...its more than a year now, I will like to know what happened in the life of the couple, how they were able to solve their early marital problem, what they did...there are lots of guys in relationship who often cook for their gfs. I believe it will serve as an example, point of reference and experience for young, intending couples to learn from. Thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

We Hope To Die Same Day — 81-year-old Twins (photo) / I Punished My Wife By Sleeping With Her Younger Sister - Nigerian Father Of Two / When Your Wife Loves Sex And Always Craves For More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.