Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (57235 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by kinglekan: 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It is all about perspective and culture bro. Scottish men wear skirts as a form of dressing because their culture allows it, does that make them a sinner?
Igbo men wear wrappers like women because their culture allows it, does it mean that all Igbo men that wears wrapper are doomed to hell? Why the double standard?

Dodo tell them oooo!!!

Tell themmmm grin grin

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by vkon2(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
An2elect2:
mtcheeeeeewww. A decent trouser or a skimpy skirt? undecided Are there not customised trousers for females? Wont it be absurd if a man wears those trousers?

Hypocritical pharisees. You put all your efforts/time on trivial things that do not matter and preach another gospel that is no gospel at all
wisdom is d absense of ignorant.
in watever u geting pls guys get wisdom
@An2elect may God bless u more wit wisdom,u just hit the nail in its head

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by tipsieoladj(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
The Christian bible didn't condemn it. Who makes trouser a man's garment?
God bless u 4 wat u said jare. I ask peeps 2 point 2 me where d bible is talkin abt trousers nd who stated dat trouser is 4 only male.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by fabregass122(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ur dressing reflect whom u are as a loose dress only reveals a loose mind. Stop interpreting d bible @ ur own peril. Its a sin for a woman to put on man garment(according to d bible) bt only that civilization is nw embeded in religion(xtianity or islam). If its nt 4 civilisation who among u does his or her grandma or mum put on trouser in her days as an adult or dnt they read bible then?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by tipsieoladj(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
lemme ask u guys dis.. Re male shirts nd female shirts d same? but u ignorant fools wuld see a woman wear a male shirt nd u see notin wrong wit dat. U discriminate against trousers as if it is in d bible. U had beta wisen up
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by machi25(f): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
An2elect2:
mtcheeeeeewww. A decent trouser or a skimpy skirt? undecided Are there not customised trousers for females? Wont it be absurd if a man wears those trousers?

Hypocritical pharisees. You put all your efforts/time on trivial things that do not matter and preach another gospel that is no gospel at all
Sweety thank you so much for that comment. Can a man put on a woman's trouser? Isn't their a difference between a woman's and a man's trousers? And why do we lay so much emphasis on trousers how about those women that wear their husbands shirts even pastors wives isn't that also part of it? How about men that tie wrapper? Plz let's focus more on our inner man than on things that matters very little That's if it matters at all.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by fabregass122(m): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
jonero147:
What of those men that plait their hair ?.
People like terry g,phyno, etc
Is it a sin? angry lipsrsealed cry
yes it is a sin
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by tipsieoladj(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
point of correction. Our parents didnt wear trousers den due 2 culture nd d facts dat d 4kin male populace den were so bossy dat dey blive a lady shouldnt dress like dem. D men saw it as a man tin nd rember wu made trouser mens own?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It is all about perspective and culture bro. Scottish men wear skirts as a form of dressing because their culture allows it, does that make them a sinner?
Igbo men wear wrappers like women because their culture allows it, does it mean that all Igbo men that wears wrapper are doomed to hell? Why the double standard?

You forgot to add that even Jesus never wore trousers, he wore a gown/robe.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by machi25(f): 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
Can a man put on a woman's trouser? Isn't their a difference between a woman's and a man's trousers? And why do we lay so much emphasis on trousers how about those women that wear their husbands shirts even pastors wives isn't that also part of it? How about men that tie wrapper? Plz let's focus more on our inner man than on things that matters very little That's if it matters at all.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by meforyou1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
Oluwachinwe:
don't go there! am a deeper lifer. I was only against someone who said we have male and female trousers. and I asked why there isn't male and female skirts too
go and design it.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by professore(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
It is a sin to wear a trouser as a female (wether to church,at home or anywhere),also don't wear leggings,tights e.t.c,just wear your panties and skirts,or gown and all those females wears and learn how to sit right and don't go about visiting guys.

Source: Experience gained from going to church and listening to men of God who holds the true teachings of God and preach the words of God undiluted.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by misreal(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
I have choose not to respond
to those people abusing me..don't ever forget that God will not change his standard for any body....let those who have ears hear what the spirit is saying
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by sochima1989(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
its not allowed. The bible says so.
the greatest bondage is that tied by religion..... How about the bible asking men not to cut their side beard....hmmmm?
Seems you forget going to church is now a religious feels....... tell women too not to wear tight and nicker to church..... and on thanks giving days tell...the south_south men not to tie wrapper.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by sochima1989(m): 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
misreal:
I have choose not to respond
to those people abusing me..don't ever forget that God will not change his standard for any body....let those who have ears hear what the spirit is saying
you actually a religious man..... and none of such is fit to spread the gospel of,grace....that's why Jesus chooses to go with people he can impact on.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
I don' t think it is wrong for ladies to wear trousers to church.There is much difference between male and female trousers.The wearing of trousers is even a culture we copied from the western world.Morever,the dress culture of Isrealis ladies is much distinct from that of the male folks.You know that verse was written to Jewish audience as at then.
Applying that verse to our contemporary age,it is not out of place for ladies to wear trousers to church.
What the bible advises is MODESTY in our dressings and in all our doings
Have you not seen ladies wearing tight-fitting skirts to church that can even make a pastor speak in Japanese when preaching in a service in Nigeria.
Abeg,make you bone that marra,as a Christain focus on the lost souls.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nwachiizu(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
I don't think any trouser will really look decent on a woman. Women have a body shape that can only best be covered in a decent gown or skirt and blouse. Imagine a lady wearing trouser and is so pressed in an area where there's no toilet around or in a bus traveling. She will be forced to expose her body which could have been avoided if she was wearing a decent gown or skirt. Let's not deceive ourselves... Ladies are better covered in skirt and from the design of trouser and skirt you can tell which is for who
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by sochima1989(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Sorry am commenting late.... my question is why did God ask them not to wear such?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Ameko4ever(m): 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Grace doesn't cover anything that we knew it's a sin. Repercussions will visit us one day. It's a sin if a woman is putting on trouser to the church, not only in church, even at home. The Bible has condemn it.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Machiny: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
As much I don't like the idea of women wearing trousers to church.but I have a problem when people use this scripture, because when the bible was written there was nothing like trouser.everybody was on garment.so who chose trouser for men and skirt for female...The only thing I think is wrong is female wearing sexy cloths trouser,skirt and gown that would be an instrument to distract men in the church ...
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by whisperj: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
Thank you this. Who made trousers a man's garment? The time the law was given, even men wore gowns. Were they sinning too? Is there any proof that the first person who wore trousers was a man
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by safarigirl(f): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
osesology:

And yet when they preach about the sayings of Paul in the new testament about women covering their head in worship, women not allowed to preach in churches, it is still people like you that will still come out to say that Paul was being too personal and that his sayings are archaic. I think it's time for us to start putting into action the original meanings of the texts in the Bible and stop misinterpreting it just to suit our desired life style.
the paramount law is 'love your neighbour as yourself', that's the law of Christ. If you're doing any extras and not keeping this law, then you're a failed Christian. Paul is Paul, not Jesus.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Misselocon(f): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
We Jux want wat suits us! The bible isn't supposed to be changeable like a flexible constitution. As a Christian wat does ur spirit say about it? Not ur church or ur pastor.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by nobul(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Absoluly right cool
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Hemah(f): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Maccoy1:
how will you feel if you see a male in ur family putting on skirt, you'll say he's probably going nuts or having a melt down or something. so also we should apply the same Principle for women. The trouser looking fit for women doesn't mean it's for women. Some of you'll say there are women trouser, are there men skirt..dont try to change d word of God, you are not greater than God who has given the commandments. Some of us just feel we can force God to come down to our standard and that's not possible. He is an unchangeable changer. He remain the same.

From what you wrote, you are just exposing your ignorance. Who invented trouser? When was it invented? Was there trousers during "the exodus"?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by safarigirl(f): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nwachiizu:

I don't think any trouser will really look decent on a woman. Women have a body shape that can only best be covered in a decent gown or skirt and blouse. Imagine a lady wearing trouser and is so pressed in an area where there's no toilet around or in a bus traveling. She will be forced to expose her body which could have been avoided if she was wearing a decent gown or skirt. Let's not deceive ourselves... Ladies are better covered in skirt and from the design of trouser and skirt you can tell which is for who
women have which body shape? You must think all women are shaped like Beyonce and all trousers are leggings. If I wear a boot-cut trouser, I'll look more decent than when I wear a skirt cuz I don't wear skirts that go past my knee, I have a small frame. I'm not even bold enough to try trousers to church, but I certainly won't judge those who do cuz I'm not God
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Hemah(f): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Fourwinds:
so u don't know skirt was designed in a way air can blow ur ABUNA. It was what women wear time immemorial.

Check ancient culture

What do men wear from time immemorial?

I believe you need the advice on culture more.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
MarieSucre:

Pls do not force me to pull up pictures of people living in Haifa, Tel Aviv yafor, beit shemesh, Peta Tikva, Tiberias etc and you'll tell me where exactly are the men who wear flowing gowns. Even conservative Hasidic Jews are known in Europe and America for dressing corporate with a top hat.
ok, sorry no vex. Ppls don't bring out pix abeg I get my own google.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by safarigirl(f): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
fabregass122:
Ur dressing reflect whom u are as a loose dress
only reveals a loose mind. Stop interpreting d
bible @ ur own peril. Its a sin for a woman to put
on man garment(according to d bible) bt only
that civilization is nw embeded in religion(xtianity
or islam). If its nt 4 civilisation who among u does
his or her grandma or mum put on trouser in her
days as an adult or dnt they read bible then?
if not for the western civilization, would African men be wearing trouser? When was trouser created? Wasn't it wrappers and skirts African men were wearing 2 centuries ago? Aren't those women garments? It's because of illiterates like you and the OP that the Vatican refused to release the bible to the world for centuries.

4 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by oluwaniyi66(m): 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hemah:
sorry for you. you have gone astray for a long period of time.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Hemah(f): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
oluwaniyi66:
sorry for you. you have gone astray for a long period of time.

Astray? You guys are just pathetic. No one has answer the question I asked. Who made trouser a man's garment?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Hemah(f): 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
bareal:

But in the heart of it heart, u know skirts are for ladies? and trousers for men? hypocrite!

No I don't. Show me where you got your information from, maybe I will be convinced.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / Church Gives N1M To Man Who Sleeps On Meat Seller's Table In Abuja / Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.