Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It (57281 Views)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / This Lady Left Mountain Of Fire Church Because Of This... (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by effty(m): 11:32am On Sep 13, 2015
His ignorance is unprecedented bro. I am even surprised at his level of intelligence. So sad a grey matter is lacking when der is a substitute in fufu or bread dough.
peedeeasobie:

Your ignorance is shocking!
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:33am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
well i thinks its wrong for ladies 2 put on trousers to the church, but western culture has mislead our women from the true doctrine. "anyways im 1st to comment. "its LADYF husband again.

This your comment must be the funniest I have read on nairaland. "The western culture"!!! Hahahahahaha. Christianity is a WESTERN IMPORT.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Themandator: 11:35am On Sep 13, 2015
Small minds. .. Jesus never wore trouser but garment... That was what was taken from him.. . In Jesus times and even before, men wore skirts while women wore trousers.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:38am On Sep 13, 2015
misreal:
a WOman shouldn't put on trousers or anything masculine

Did Jewish men wear trousers?
Seeing as Jewish men wore what we will call gowns today, are you then saying Jesus dressed feminine? If not why are you not wearing a gown like Jesus did?

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by pweedyuz(f): 11:40am On Sep 13, 2015
otiigba1:
i accept, we were made to believe that christ has/had a long flowing hair, now was christ a sinner too for having a long hair? ( he could have plaited his hair if he desired cheesy) The so called scripture/ christianity can be contradictory atimes undecided
My dear,,we r still saying d same thing
U asked were in d bible it is nd I responded
Remember I said,,"nt that I'm condemning"

its hypocrisy wen u choose 2 obey a law because it favours u nd leave others cos u can't explain it.....#nd nah then full this thread#.....u r shouting ur wife won't wear trouser meanwhile u r busy screwing all the chicks 4rm diff countries as a bachelor nd e dey common new testament oo,,,u fornicate,,u covet ur neigbours good,,u bear false witness buh ur only problem is "women should nt wear trouser because it is d only law written in d bible"........#ike gi fuchi kwa ebea#...(I wasn't referring 2 u oo)

Cc kinglekan..
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by pweedyuz(f): 11:41am On Sep 13, 2015
kinglekan:
Cc: Captainswag225, Softapples, Cyprus000, pweedyuz
Oya make una answer.

King,,y u mention me nah?? I no follow them oo
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:42am On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
yes its wrong, women shouldnt take trousers to church. It shows lack of respect.

Where in the bible is this said?

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:42am On Sep 13, 2015
holluwai:
Bible condemns and you still dey ask questions? Na spandex make you wear go church then undecided

Where exactly in the bible is trouser banned?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:43am On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
then can u please interprete the bible passage in the topic for me?
Se that law was pronounced in the old testament. Now tell me did Jewish men wear trousers?
In the late 18th century when the European missionaries came to our land did African men wear trousers?

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
we never said women shouldnt wear trousers and jeans. We are saying dont bring it to church. Simple!
Who are the "we" saying this? And why should we abide by your words.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:45am On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
its not allowed. The bible says so.
Where?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2015
Pangea:
The bible did not mention trousers
From the scripture quoted "that pertains to a man"
What pertains to a man differs from culture to culture!
In India, especially the Tamilians, their men tie wrapper while the women wear trousers!
In Scotland, the men wear skirts
In Ijaw land , the men also tie wrapper.

Coming to Nigeria, trouser is specifically for men, so it pertains to a man, hence the embargo on it for women!
But in india, you can wear your trouser without any trouble.

Was trouser always originally specific to Nigerian men?
Was it not wrapper both Nigerian men and women tied?
Mind you contrary to how Nollywood portrays, women never tied their wrappers around their chest but at their waste just like their male counterparts.
Google is your friend.
Was it not a western culture adapted from the European colonizers?
Have those same Europeans not discarded with such gender binaries for clothing and now made it flexible for both genders?
Then why are we Africans holding fast to a culture that has changed over time and IS NOT EVEN OUR OWN IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by lomprico(m): 11:49am On Sep 13, 2015
dave2meek:
There is nothing wrong wearing trouser to church, but let it be decent.
Btw who knows the type of dress Jesus wore when He was on earth
Na gown o! grin
Not everybody that reads n write is educated. Where in d bible was 'trouser' mentioned?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 13, 2015
Its not a sin, the sin is to intensionally dress sexually undressed.

At what length is a trouser a trouser?
At what design will a trouser be called a design to sexually tamper with the minds of ppl?
Take these into consideration, some girls carefreely dress undressed and don't care about somebody with a weaker mind trying his/her best to trim away its bastardized mindset.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by pweedyuz(f): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2015
hardbody:

Chaii....this one has been brain washed with izal....
Mixed with hypo
Ask him now,,he will tell u "how will he nt test d commodity b4 purchasing it...#if u know what I mean#

Nah trouser b im problem
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by omotofyn: 11:52am On Sep 13, 2015
I think wat d Bible actually means is by a woman not wearing men clothing and vice versa is that a woman should not take up d responsibilities of d man like d man being d head of d family, she should b submissive to d man. In essence, a woman should remain a woman not dominating d man nd d man should b responsible by being d head of d family. Wen d woman becomes d breadwinner, tell me, is she then not putting on d man's garment? And if d man begins to do d woman's chores, us he not putting on d woman's garment?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:52am On Sep 13, 2015
adeekiti:
It's a sin and since the bible condemned it then why wearing it to church..even some wear mini pinpin to church , who dey open yansh for, Shey na God ? I ask u, una babes wey dey wear pinpin to church and u dey sitdon for front row , God is watching u o. God bless us all and forgive us all our sins.. Perfect touch Aluminium gives a good and satisfying Aluminium works to beautify your building structures at an affordable quotes, you can call and reach us for your projects. Tel:08153665659(whatsapp) 08067079715. Email: perfecttouchaluminium2012@yahoo.com Call us today and we give you a good quote
Where did the bible condemn wearing of trouser?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 13, 2015
Themandator:
Small minds. .. Jesus never wore trouser but garment... That was what was taken from him.. . In Jesus times and even before, men wore skirts while women wore trousers.
its not about Jesus times, its about the culture of that tradition. Till date they still dress that way. Also, this present time is still Jesus time because he still lives.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by omotofyn: 11:53am On Sep 13, 2015
I think wat d Bible actually means by a woman not wearing men clothing and vice versa is that a woman should not take up d responsibilities of d man like d man being d head of d family, she should b submissive to d man. In essence, a woman should remain a woman not dominating d man nd d man should b responsible by being d head of d family. Wen d woman becomes d breadwinner, tell me, is she then not putting on d man's garment? And if d man begins to do d woman's chores, is he not putting on d woman's garment?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by toygod2: 11:54am On Sep 13, 2015
Nice comments
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by pweedyuz(f): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2015
MarieSucre:

Who are the "we" saying this? And why should we abide by your words.
Marie,,leave these bunch of hypocrites
They r just like d pharisees nd teachers of d scribes

Nothing u say 2 then will they not twist it 2 fit their myopic ideologies...#mtchewWw
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2015
Omotayor123:
If the Bible condemns it why Do it
Where? Is there trouser written in the verse?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by otiigba1(m): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2015
pweedyuz:

My dear,,we r still saying d same thing
U asked were in d bible it is nd I responded
Remember I said,,"nt that I'm condemning"

its hypocrisy wen u choose 2 obey a law because it favours u nd leave others cos u can't explain it.....#nd nah then full this thread#.....u r shouting ur wife won't wear trouser meanwhile u r busy screwing all the chicks 4rm diff countries as a bachelor nd e dey common new testament oo,,,u fornicate,,u covet ur neigbours good,,u bear false witness buh ur only problem is "women should nt wear trouser because it is d only law written in d bible"........#ike gi fuchi kwa ebea#...(I wasn't referring 2 u oo)

Cc kinglekan..
I agree with every thing you have mentioned LOL@ ike gi fuchi kwa ebea,

I was trying to explain to some one on here who mentioned that men shouldn't wear leggins that leggins is classified also as trouser and if trousers are truly for men only? Then why shouldn't or who says men shouldn't wear leggins and he resulted in calling me gay grin, it bogles the mind how some so called christians pick and choose what to believe and what rules to abide by undecided

Ka chineke mezie okwu!, nne jisie ike! tongue
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by adenlemmanuel: 11:58am On Sep 13, 2015
The answer is in the bible...The bible uses the word 'pertains' meaning "to relate,..to refer.. or belong to...in simple term the bible did not outrightly conderm trousers but condemns whatever you wear that makes you look like the opposite sex, In my opinion I think God gave that law simply for easy identification of the opposite sex so that a man will not make excuses for having affairs with a fellow man and vise-vasa ...you will agree with me there are trousers designed for men and there are others made for women so that when you see a woman in it you won't confuse her for a fellow man.....the laws of the lord are perfect and when we fail to follow a law as simple as this then the world will be full of tomboys and tomgirls, transgenders and the likes ultimatly leading to sodomy which God so much hate so that he can destroy a whole country for such sin.
in summary, whatever you wear that makes you look like the opposite sex, creating confusion is againt Gods law (sin).
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
yes its wrong, women shouldnt take trousers to church. It shows lack of respect.
but they can wear it at home
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2015
[size=50pt]hmmmmm for me it's a sin [/size]
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by MarieSucre(f): 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
shnug:
It's very wrong for a woman to put on trousers be it to church or not. Deuteronomy 22:5.
Eating a cheeseburger or anything that mixes meat
and dairy (Exodus 23:19 ).
-30 Sacrificing anything with yeast or honey
( Leviticus 2:11 ).
35 Eating leavened bread (bread with yeast) during the
Feast of Unleavened Bread (Exodus 12:15 ).
44 Eating fat (Leviticus 3:17 ).
39 Eating pork (Leviticus 11:7 -cool.
Eating any meat not killed according to the Kosher
practice (Deuteronomy 12:21 ).
2 Eating peace offerings while ritually unclean
( Leviticus 7:20 ).
Breaking the Sabbath ( Exodus 31:14 ,
Numbers 15:32 -36). Being a town that believes in another, non-YHWH god
( Deuteronomy 13:12 -15). Performing any work on the Sabbath ( Exodus 20:10 ).
-4 Going to the temple in an unclean state
( Numbers 19:13 ).
-32 Engaging in ritual animal sacrifices other than at the
temple ( Leviticus 17:1 -9).
-18 Manufacturing anointing oil ( Exodus 30

In short I am tired. Do you break any of the old testament because my friend you don't get to pick-and-choose which to follow.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
And who said trouser is for men? Ever heard of unisex clothing. This is a non issue.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
you wanna where trouser? i cannot say whether you should wear it or not,let your mind be pure first and then you decide yourself what is wrong or right
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by Alfranco(m): 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
softapples:
Wearing of trousers by Nigerian ladies has generated a lot of controversies. People have continued to argue if the practice is sinful or not.
Ladies on trouser?

While some churches welcome and promote it, others preach against it. Those who are against it base their stand on Deuteronomy 22: 5, which says: “The woman shall not wear that which pertains to a man, neither shall a man put on a woman’s garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

Churches, which do not condemn wearing of trousers by women, believe that grace has put an end to such law.

Some people, especially young females, decide the church they will attend based on whether wearing of trousers is allowed or not.
Moderation and decency is key however one dresses. Besides the quoted scripture could imply a particular clothe worn by a man or woman should not be worn by another woman or a man respectively. There are so many cultures with peculiar dress patterns. Scot men wear their traditional skirts that other cultures restrict to their females...I believe that scripture verse is either misinterpreted or it cannot be generally applied. Just my opinion that is fallible.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by mykel25(m): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
You guys need to ask yourselves this question: IS FEMININE TROUSER NOT DIFFERENT FROM MASCULINE TROUSER?......Can a man wear a feminine trouser? If NO then the trouser ladies wear are not MEN wears....SIMPLE!.....what about tribes that tie wrapper? Will you call that a SIN too?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It by ihedioramma: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
prettyboi1989:

a trouser was an innovation. people and the way they twist the bible. ok! men wear corporate shirts, why isnt it a sin for women to wear corporate shirts? or suits sef, since its made for men. unnecessary worry is whats killing nigerians.
BROTHER OBEY THE LAW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Faces Sound System In Direction Of Church That Always 'disturbs' Him / Man Carrying Bible Preaches With Machete Because Of Fulani Herdsmen (Pic, Video) / ‘No Controversy Over My US Election Prophecy’ - TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.