Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi (28908 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / Alligator Caught At Gbagada Lagos, Used In Cooking (Photos) / How I Made My Moimoi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
[b]Moimoi is one of my best food, and i love it

Ingredients

Beans
Vegetable oil
Peeper
Crayfish
Onion
Salt
Maagi
Uma leaves (ewe moi moi)

Procedure

About one hour before cooking the moi moi, soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. Leave to soak for three hours. This is so that the best consistency will be achieved when you blend the beans

Wash the peeper, Cut the onions into pieces, then blend the beans,onions, crayfish, peeper all togethr

After that pour the mix into a big enough bowl.Add the vegetable oil and the fish (if this is what you have chosen to add to your moi moi).

Slowly add the remaining water and stir the mixture at the same time till you get a good mix of all the ingredients.

Add Salt nd maggi to taste and stir very well.

Pad the base of a big pot, pour some water and set on the stove. The depth of the water should be at most 1 inch

Dish the Moi moi into the leave one by one nd put it in the pot to cook for at least 1 hr

It is advisable to cook your Moi Moi for at least 1 hour, before checking it. Confirm that it is done by putting a knife through it, if the knife is stained with Moi Moi paste, then the Moi Moi is not done, but if the knife just has a slight smear of Moi Moi, then it's done

Am eating my own moimoi with Eko(agidi)

See the pictures below:[/b]

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
moimoi already wrapped in the pot

Choi!! please Dont mind my kitchen (no tiles) grin cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Cookin the moi moi for at least 1hr

4 Likes

moimoi is ready

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Cutehector(m): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Oya all these nairaland girls dat cnt cook, come and learn... Nonsense...

Aminat508, u try

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by MrZachs(m): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
Indeed dz cud gt sum1 salvating especially mii dt nevr eatn 2day...hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
About to eat it with Eko (akamu or agidi) grin

Nairalanders come and eat abeg

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
nice one

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by valmunich(m): 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
You're not gonna grind the uncoated beans?? I'm guessing you forgot that part...

Nice culinary orchestration though...

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by januzaj(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
ok...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mrking3(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Informative! And and quite interesting!! But I'll rather prefer it with nylon hence would be difficult for me to wrap with that Green leave.

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ok.... We dey come
But it is Moin-moin Not moimoi

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by FruityLass: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508,

Have you tasted 'monnu' before?
The one to be blended with roasted egusi.

And what about ekuru?
Beans with onions to be done like moinmoin then cruise with ata dindin

10 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Tapout(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
nice!!!

but using those claws nails at ur dp to cook.. sad ......u dey try o lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
FruityLass:
Aminat508,

Monnu? No

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Teeboy22(m): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
ok cool..i love it..
Moi moi elepo rede rede

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by FruityLass: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
FruityLass:
Aminat508,

The one to be blended with roasted egusi.

And what about ekuru?
Beans with onions to be done like moinmoin then cruise with ata dindin
I really don't know how to wrap using leaves.
Always scared of leakages embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
FruityLass:
I really don't know how to wrap using leaves.
Always scared of leakages embarassed
yes, pple always scared of that. But I started mine packing it with two leaves, so as not to leak but now just 1

Yes i knw monnu nah, dont knw it is wht u re talking about. with egusi nd blend it right?

Ekuru too, without peeper nd Salt? Always served with stew grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by FruityLass: 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:
yes, pple always scared of that. But I started mine packing it with two leaves, so as not to leak but now just 1

Yes i knw monnu nah, dont knw it is wht u re talking about. with egusi nd blend it right?

Yes smiley

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by zinachidi(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP, u dey fall my hand oo,, on a sunday evening like this, na moi moi and pap u dey chop?? gringringrin...

The moi moi looks appetizing, don't mind me... Enjoy urself

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Yustash001(m): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
This what we call moin-moin elemi meje...

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by YOLOHOMMIE(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
aminat chaiii...

abeg i fit buy dat moi moi online?.

and she's neat.
been viewing dis section for a while..and wot i observe wit dos creating threads about how to cook dis and dat is.

the environment and food stuff. . .if you see some kitchen..u go vomit.
na so one upload meat. . .i no fit look again. . .see meat looking like a dead man head chaii.

#YolO

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by egbaguy: 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
U try........but if u eat mine,u'll take me as oga!!!!!!!! I prefer nylon though...... @aminat508
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by midolian(m): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
Only interested in the last pix.. Yummy! grin

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by asumo12: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tchidi cum and see chum chin ooooo

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by bogolobango(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508 alhaja make i come chop

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mistabiola: 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
Now I'm hungry cheesy cheesy ....... *spreadMat*

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
Choii!!
Asumo12 and olonga!
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Omotayor123(f): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508 Sabi package food... Nice one babe wink

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:

Teach me the Monnu own....
Nice work babe!!
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by loomer: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
Na pisure u dey show me, where my own jare

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pizza Or Shawarma: Which Do You Prefer? / Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes / Best Themed Restaurants In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.