Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi (29266 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / Alligator Caught At Gbagada Lagos, Used In Cooking (Photos) / How I Made My Moimoi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Zi: 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
i put enough peeper (bawa) and onions
Ok. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by valmunich(m): 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2015
murmee:
What is your educational qualification? I now see why s people fail exams, especially English Literature. Read the article again and What is your educational qualification? I now see why people fail exams, especially English Literature. Read the article again and you will see where grinding is mentioned.
She has edited it, 'madam/mister English Literature ' with an IQ lesser than that of a lab mouse undecided
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
valmunich:

She has edited it, 'madam/mister English Literature ' with an IQ lesser than that of a lab mouse undecided

edited what?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
daveP:
lol

i know all posssible cooking fire grin grin name them. But Firewood.... Gives this erm... Undescribable feeling that you kitchen doesnt grin lipsrsealed
I hear you grin...correct African man, no mind all these ajebutters like JJ undecided
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by daveP(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
charijee:
I hear you grin...correct African man, no mind all these ajebutters like JJ undecided

Lol abeg now. African Man wey sabi all fire? Just incase of emergency i learnt all. Gustavo musnt hear this please. If JJ catch you shocked tongue
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by peterian: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sry in asking too mch ques,were did u buy it and how mch?,Ve bn in search of a blender that blends pepper smoothly..thank u
Aminat508:
yes
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by peterian: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sry im asking too mch ques,were did u buy it and how mch?,Ve bn in search of a blender that blends pepper smoothly..thank u
Aminat508:
yes
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
peterian:
Sry im asking too mch ques,were did u buy it and how mch?,Ve bn in search of a blender that blends pepper smoothly..thank u
bought it here in osogbo, i think 4700 or so

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by benedictnsi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
FruityLass:
Aminat508,
Have you tasted 'monnu' before? The one to be blended with roasted egusi.
And what about ekuru? Beans with onions to be done like moinmoin then cruise with ata dindin

ARE you a DJ The things you mentioned sounds like a beat grin

Abeg show us how to cook it......
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by valmunich(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
edited what?
Your post undecided
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
valmunich:

Your post undecided
i did not edit anything at all. undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by teekay213(m): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
pour hot groundnut oil u mean not oridinary so as to blend with the grounded beans.nice food.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
charijee:

sad...
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
daveP:

Lol abeg now. African Man wey sabi all fire? Just incase of emergency i learnt all. Gustavo musnt hear this please. If JJ catch you shocked tongue

You dey mind her? sad
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by daveP(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

You dey mind her? sad

sure , a lil now. I however need proof from you now that you're here. Na true say firewood dey scare you?
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
daveP:

sure , a lil now. I however need proof from you now that you're here. Na true say firewood dey scare you?

Firewood wey I still use cook last week.
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mikuut: 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
[b]Moimoi is one of my best food, and i love it

Ingredients

Beans
Vegetable oil
Peeper
Crayfish
Onion
Salt
Maagi
Uma leaves (ewe moi moi)

Procedure

About one hour before cooking the moi moi, soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. Leave to soak for three hours. This is so that the best consistency will be achieved when you blend the beans

Wash the peeper, Cut the onions into pieces, then blend the beans,onions, crayfish, peeper all togethr

After that pour the mix into a big enough bowl.Add the vegetable oil and the fish (if this is what you have chosen to add to your moi moi).

Slowly add the remaining water and stir the mixture at the same time till you get a good mix of all the ingredients.

Add Salt nd maggi to taste and stir very well.

Pad the base of a big pot, pour some water and set on the stove. The depth of the water should be at most 1 inch

Dish the Moi moi into the leave one by one nd put it in the pot to cook for at least 1 hr

It is advisable to cook your Moi Moi for at least 1 hour, before checking it. Confirm that it is done by putting a knife through it, if the knife is stained with Moi Moi paste, then the Moi Moi is not done, but if the knife just has a slight smear of Moi Moi, then it's done
eating my own moimoi with Eko(agidi)

See the pictures below:[/b]

tnx for this part of pour water and leave it to soak like 3hrs, I have bn worried why my own moimoi does not look like d ones I normally buy, mine always look shabby not starchy I mean it doesn't draw I was beginning to think that maybe they normally add starch on d ones they sell outside, but from ur write-ups, it seem the fault is from me, cos I don't soak it after removing d coat I just wash remove d coat and go straight to Iya Aminat grinding engine, even if I eat it while is still hot it won't stick or feel starchy, it will feel yagayaga even bf it gets cold. am off to d market now to get beans powder no time to wash and uncoat beans. tnx for d above training.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by daveP(m): 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Firewood wey I still use cook last week.

(narrows eyes) that does it then. I go try make i no mind her next time grin
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
daveP:

(narrows eyes) that does it then. I go try make i no mind her next time grin

Lol guess who I hung out with today? grin
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
charijee:
grin grin

Iffa pinch you ehn!
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mitchelle1989(f): 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Why is the moi moi yellow in colour even though tge beans is white? Diid you add red oil or? Enlighten me. Yummy
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2015
mitchelle1989:
Why is the moi moi yellow in colour even though tge beans is white? Diid you add red oil or? Enlighten me. Yummy
d beans is yellow nd i put enough peeper (bawa) nd onions

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Iffa pinch you ehn!
Try am na make I pluck your eye tongue tongue
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Lol guess who I hung out with today? grin
*amebo mode activated* grin......who

Davep spare my eyes with your font colour mbok angry
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:55am On Sep 15, 2015
charijee:
Try am na make I pluck your eye tongue tongue

Come and pluck na. tongue
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by daveP(m): 10:03am On Sep 15, 2015
charijee:
*amebo mode activated* grin......who

Dave spare my eyes with your font colour mbok angry

grin this ameboic stint. Na starshine or laniki dash you. Font color? lipsrsealed Good a.m smiley
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 11:22am On Sep 15, 2015
daveP:

grin this ameboic stint. Na starshine or laniki dash you. Font color? lipsrsealed Good a.m smiley
Amebo-ing is the spice of life na
Morning to ya

Yes your Georgia
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Come and pluck na. tongue
I know where to get you....you'll cry blood and fluid tongue
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2015
charijee:
I know where to get you....you'll cry blood and fluid tongue

Story for Ifa... tongue
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 11:31am On Sep 15, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Story for Ifa... tongue
Run your mouth as usual
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2015
charijee:
Run your mouth as usual

You sef know say I no dey run mouth grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Name Is SPINACH Called In Our Local Markets? / Cheapest Substitute For Rice / What is The Process Of Turning Raw Garri To Eba Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.