Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi (28876 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / Alligator Caught At Gbagada Lagos, Used In Cooking (Photos) / How I Made My Moimoi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
tchidi:

Teach me the Monnu own....
Nice work babe!!
just like d way u cook moimoi, but u add egusi before u blend, but d egusi will be fried a little just like d way we fry groundnut. .. U will put peeper nd blend.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by 0lushola(m): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Impressive!! how I wish.. Hmm me and food en!! my stomach is now dancing reggae to your moimoi blues.. Hw do we go about this now!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by peterian: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
@aminat- dt blender blended d beans smoothly right?,,dt means it will blend pepper smoothly ,,wts d name pls?
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
peterian:
@aminat- dt blender blended d beans smoothly right?,,dt means it will blend pepper smoothly ,,wts d name pls?
siasho i think if the spelling is correct

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by peterian: 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
DOes it blend smoothly?
Aminat508:
siasho i think if the spelling is correct
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
peterian:
DOes it blend smoothly?
yes

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by damton(m): 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Just don't wet our appetite for nothing. where is our share of the delicacy
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by allanphash7(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat done tell me u made dis

Do you know why i said so?

PM me if you wanna know
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508

Wife material 300yards

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mayorski22(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
chai. [b][/chai]
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
Cutehector:
Oya all these nairaland girls dat cnt cook, come and learn... Nonsense...

Aminat508, u try
Them plenty for romance section.... Oshos..
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mayorski22(m): 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
chai c food
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by egorov(m): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:
moimoi is ready
pls marry me
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Holuwakemmy16(f): 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
The face of the moi moi is callin me.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by flokii: 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:
[b]Moimoi is one of my best food, and i love it

Ingredients

Beans
Vegetable oil
Peeper
Crayfish
Onion
Salt
Maagi
Uma leaves (ewe moi moi)

Procedure

About one hour before cooking the moi moi, soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. Leave to soak for three hours. This is so that the best consistency will be achieved when you blend the beans

Wash the peeper, Cut the onions into pieces, then blend the beans,onions, crayfish, peeper all togethr

After that pour the mix into a big enough bowl.Add the vegetable oil and the fish (if this is what you have chosen to add to your moi moi).

Slowly add the remaining water and stir the mixture at the same time till you get a good mix of all the ingredients.

Add Salt nd maggi to taste and stir very well.

Pad the base of a big pot, pour some water and set on the stove. The depth of the water should be at most 1 inch

Dish the Moi moi into the leave one by one nd put it in the pot to cook for at least 1 hr

It is advisable to cook your Moi Moi for at least 1 hour, before checking it. Confirm that it is done by putting a knife through it, if the knife is stained with Moi Moi paste, then the Moi Moi is not done, but if the knife just has a slight smear of Moi Moi, then it's done

Am eating my own moimoi with Eko(agidi)

See the pictures below:[/b]

Aminat you be confam wife material o... make we relate na..

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by kinibigdeal(m): 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:
About to eat it with Eko (akamu or agidi) grin

Nairalanders come and eat abeg

For forcing hunger on me, Buhari must probe the ingredient used because this is just kwaraption. And our administration will not tolerate this. With buhari body language you might be the minister for stomach infrastructure. Just that aregbe might not endorse it grin

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by tola9ja: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:

Monnu? No

thank god she is expert in cooking

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by kinibigdeal(m): 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
flokii:

Aminat you be confam wife material o... make we relate na..
Be careful if you don't want to end up in Daura tongue

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by lifezone247(m): 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Op show ur self make we see na, at least the topic says picture/photo of a nairalander.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by AreaFada2: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
Amina, you be beautiful but wicked sombarry. Na only you waka come? shocked

You come make yummy moi-moi, use am tortori our throat come clear all fiam alone. grin cheesy

Chai! Imagine using Ijebu garrium waterate to chop that in the hot afternoon. cheesy

Abeg DHL mine to:

Area-Fada
1, Longer Throat Street.
EU.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by kennyddonn(m): 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:

Ingredients

Beans
Vegetable oil
Peeper
Crayfish
Onion
Salt
Maagi
Uma leaves (ewe moi moi)

Procedure

About one hour before cooking the moi moi, soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. Leave to soak for three hours. This is so that the best consistency will be achieved when you blend the beans

Wash the peeper, Cut the onions into pieces, then blend the beans,onions, crayfish, peeper all togethr

After that pour the mix into a big enough bowl.Add the vegetable oil and the fish (if this is what you have chosen to add to your moi moi).

Slowly add the remaining water and stir the mixture at the same time till you get a good mix of all the ingredients.

Pad the base of a big pot, pour some water and set on the stove. The depth of the water should be at most 1 inch

Dish the Moi moi into the leave one by one nd put it in the pot to cook for at least 1 hr

It is advisable to cook your Moi Moi for at least 1 hour, before checking it. Confirm that it is done by putting a knife through it, if the knife is stained with Moi Moi paste, then the Moi Moi is not done, but if the knife just has a slight smear of Moi Moi, then it's done

I think some women I know do fry vegetable oil before pouring.....but u neva mentioned that..u only said we sud pour it straight

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Prec1ous(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
makes me hungry again

anyways.

one time offer for job hunters, all you need to know about searching for employment and even more.

https://www.nairaland.com/2597373/very-hot-insight-getting-dream#37983031

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nicklaus(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:

Ingredients

Beans
Vegetable oil
Peeper
Crayfish
Onion
Salt
Maagi
Uma leaves (ewe moi moi)

Procedure

it is my FAVORITE.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by shaggyosas(m): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Wow! This is really amazing. Thank you Aminat508 and everyother person who has sent such posts teaching people how to cook one food or the other. I have actually learnt a recipe from such posts...thanks again.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
kennyddonn:
I think some women I know do fry vegetable oil before pouring.....but u neva mentioned that..u only said we sud pour it straight
not all. But I think we do fry only palm oil, not vegetable oil

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by LordTrezy(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
FruityLass:
I really don't know how to wrap using leaves.
Always scared of leakages embarassed
Use cello tape to tie it after wrapping with leaves...I guess that should help.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by laurel03(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
Yustash001:
This what we call moin-moin elemi meje...
is elemi kan.... Moin moin elemi meje will hv liver,fish,egg,crayfish,etc

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by greggng: 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
I prefer moimoi cooked with firewood not gas. The taste is natural

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by dasrackhor(m): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
Dis days ehn anything jst dey make FP..so if I upload myself passing out excreta or sleeping am gonna make FP abi..spit on thread n run away quickly b4 dem dem bounce on my gentle soul..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
zinachidi:
OP, u dey fall my hand oo,, on a sunday evening like this, na moi moi and pap u dey chop?? gringringrin...

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Lionhearted: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Aminat508:

...About one hour before cooking the moi moi, soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. Leave to soak for three hours. This is so that the best consistency will be achieved when you blend...

Wash beans 1 hours before cooking and soak for 3 hours after washing? Hmmm...That translate to soaking 2 hours after cooking Aunty.

So water remains? From where pls? Believe me, some ladies here might just add a whole tank!

With a grinder and good mixing no need soaking for 3 hours for whatever consistency.

Good work.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by daveP(m): 11:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
Cook it with firewood, it adds one attracting aroma to it grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe / Mistakes Guys Make While Cooking / Surviving This Economy: Cheap And Healthy Food & Soup Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.