Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi (28913 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / Alligator Caught At Gbagada Lagos, Used In Cooking (Photos) / How I Made My Moimoi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Lionhearted: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
greggng:
I prefer moimoi cooked with firewood not gas. The taste is natural

For a more natural taste with gas use wood as pad or those kind of 'net' ab0kis used to cover Onions sack/bag.
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by fart: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
Soft Moimoi is the best food ever.
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
Moi moi and jollof rice got married in Church; therefore, what God has joined together, let no pap, garri or plantain put asunder...plantain can always come over for a party...hmm so decadent

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
see how I cooked mine rate my cooking! grin

see below grin

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
@ OP

Jeez! Doing cooking on the floor is not a good thing. That is very disgusting.
angry angry angry
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by christinie(f): 11:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
Green leave is healthier than plastic bag which might lead to cancer (God forbid).
mrking3:
Informative! And and quite interesting!! But I'll rather prefer it with nylon hence would be difficult for me to wrap with that Green leave.
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 14, 2015
and?
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by SmartMugu: 3:41am On Sep 14, 2015
OP is the type of woman men want. Thanks jare omo tobi ko.
I've seen the pictures now, can I taste the moi moi?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by tellwisdom: 5:26am On Sep 14, 2015
So you dont have money for real fish but head of fish??
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Ligxy(f): 5:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Lionhearted:

Wash beans 1 hours before cooking and soak for 3 hours after washing? Hmmm...That translate to soaking 2 hours after cooking Aunty.
So water remains? From where pls? Believe me, some ladies here might just add a whole tank!
With a grinder and good mixing no need soaking for 3 hours for whatever consistency.
Good work.

Oga you need to soak it. There's always a difference between the soaked one and the one you made in a hurry. Op your moimoi is looking yummy

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 14, 2015
@Aminat508, in da ingredient u listed above, u wrote VEGETABLE OIL(ororo), but all I can see in dat moin moin is EPO PUPA, anyway oshogbo loading, I wan com chop my own moin moin.
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by LordaGuru: 6:33am On Sep 14, 2015
mrking3:
Informative! And and quite interesting!! But I'll rather prefer it with nylon hence would be difficult for me to wrap with that Green leave.

For ur info, plasticine and other components of nylon materials have been found to be very carcinogenic. More is coming out on why more and mor of the rich and those that form "assor" develop cancer. The more of the packaged (bottled, nylon, canned) things u take into ur system the more trouble you r getting urself into. The OP is wiser.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 6:38am On Sep 14, 2015
Walkopet:
@Aminat508, in da ingredient u listed above, u wrote VEGETABLE OIL(ororo), but all I can see in dat moin moin is EPO PUPA, anyway oshogbo loading, I wan com chop my own moin moin.
it is not palm oil, it is vegetable oil, i put enough peeper (bawa) to make it richer.. .

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by asumo12: 6:46am On Sep 14, 2015
tchidi:

Teach me the Monnu own....
Nice work babe!!

Make I teach u?

undecided
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by kuuljay(m): 7:00am On Sep 14, 2015
best moimoi I know is the one in tins prepared with palm oil, I remember In primary school when ever I hammer I will buy enough of it, I will take a tin eat the top part, we call it the egg part then, and pass the rest to my friends grin grin grin grin

tricky thing about preparing this moimoi is that the Maggi seasoning no gree dissolve at all when gave it a shot!I couldn't eat it.i gave up preparing it

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Billygee2u: 7:03am On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
[b]Moimoi is one of my best food, and i love it

Ingredients

Beans
Vegetable oil
Peeper
Crayfish
Onion
Salt
Maagi
Uma leaves (ewe moi moi)

Procedure

About one hour before cooking the moi moi, soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. Leave to soak for three hours. This is so that the best consistency will be achieved when you blend the beans

Wash the peeper, Cut the onions into pieces, then blend the beans,onions, crayfish, peeper all togethr

After that pour the mix into a big enough bowl.Add the vegetable oil and the fish (if this is what you have chosen to add to your moi moi).

Slowly add the remaining water and stir the mixture at the same time till you get a good mix of all the ingredients.

Add Salt nd maggi to taste and stir very well.

Pad the base of a big pot, pour some water and set on the stove. The depth of the water should be at most 1 inch

Dish the Moi moi into the leave one by one nd put it in the pot to cook for at least 1 hr

It is advisable to cook your Moi Moi for at least 1 hour, before checking it. Confirm that it is done by putting a knife through it, if the knife is stained with Moi Moi paste, then the Moi Moi is not done, but if the knife just has a slight smear of Moi Moi, then it's done

Am eating my own moimoi with Eko(agidi)

See the pictures below:[/b]
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by WailingWailer00(m): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
moimoi already wrapped in the pot

Choi!! please Dont mind my kitchen (no tiles) grin cheesy
Who cares undecided
What matters is the taste of the food, not tiles

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mecussey(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
[b]Moimoi is one of my best food, and i love it

Ingredients

Beans
Vegetable oil
Peeper
Crayfish
Onion
Salt
Maagi
Uma leaves (ewe moi moi)

Procedure

About one hour before cooking the moi moi, soak and wash the beans to remove the coat. When the entire coat has been removed, place the beans in a bowl and pour enough water to cover it. Leave to soak for three hours. This is so that the best consistency will be achieved when you blend the beans

Wash the peeper, Cut the onions into pieces, then blend the beans,onions, crayfish, peeper all togethr

After that pour the mix into a big enough bowl.Add the vegetable oil and the fish (if this is what you have chosen to add to your moi moi).

Slowly add the remaining water and stir the mixture at the same time till you get a good mix of all the ingredients.

Add Salt nd maggi to taste and stir very well.

Pad the base of a big pot, pour some water and set on the stove. The depth of the water should be at most 1 inch

Dish the Moi moi into the leave one by one nd put it in the pot to cook for at least 1 hr

It is advisable to cook your Moi Moi for at least 1 hour, before checking it. Confirm that it is done by putting a knife through it, if the knife is stained with Moi Moi paste, then the Moi Moi is not done, but if the knife just has a slight smear of Moi Moi, then it's done

Am eating my own moimoi with Eko(agidi)

See the pictures below:[/b]

Can our usual electric blender blend the soft beans after soaking for 1hr?
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Teeboy22(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2015
asumo12:
Tchidi cum and see chum chin ooooo
grin
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by mekzyboro: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2015
Nice one
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by charijee(f): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2015
daveP:
Cook it with firewood, it adds one attracting aroma to it grin
Lol so you know firewood? grin grin
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by asumo12: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2015
onga abi kilomean?
shocked shocked shocked

tchidi:
Choii!!
Asumo12 and olonga!
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by asumo12: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2015
she said 3 hours angry

mecussey:

Can our usual electric blender blend the soft beans after soaking for 1hr?
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by murmee: 10:35am On Sep 14, 2015
valmunich:
You're not gonna grind the uncoated beans?? I'm guessing you forgot that part...

Nice culinary orchestration though...
What is your educational qualification? I now see why s people fail exams, especially English Literature. Read the article again and
asumo12:
she said 3 hours angry
valmunich:
You're not gonna grind the uncoated beans?? I'm guessing you forgot that part...

Nice culinary orchestration though...
What is your educational qualification? I now see why people fail exams, especially English Literature. Read the article again and you will see where grinding is mentioned.
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by murmee: 10:40am On Sep 14, 2015
mrking3:
Believe me, you will not get the desired taste. The best taste for moin moin and not (moi moi) comes from wrapping with leaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Kimoni: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2015
murmee:
Believe me, you will not get the desired taste. The best taste for moin moin and not (moi moi) comes from wrapping with leaves.

Very true!
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by daveP(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2015
charijee:
Lol so you know firewood? grin grin
lol

i know all posssible cooking fire grin grin name them. But Firewood.... Gives this erm... Undescribable feeling that your kitchen doesnt give grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Zi: 11:28am On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508 please how did you get that color the moi-moi? Tomatoes?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 11:41am On Sep 14, 2015
Zi:
Aminat508 please how did you get that color the moi-moi? Tomatoes?
i put enough peeper (bawa) and onions

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by tosyne2much(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
Aminat508:
i put enough peeper (bawa) and onions
How u dear ?
Re: Photos Of A Nairalander Cooking Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
How u dear ?
good morning dear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Vitamin Rich Foods That Are Good For Your Eyes / Pizza Or Shawarma: Which Do You Prefer? / Best Themed Restaurants In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.