Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,621 members, 7,840,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria (36453 Views)

US Resumes Training Of Nigerian Troops For Anti-terror War / US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by WailingWailer00(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2015
Nonybb:
Buhari the wicked King of the North. Once this propaganda is done and fade away, the corruption songs of past government would say singing again, yet none is brought to book. This news is just for us to shift our attentions while another trick is brought back to further serve as a subterfuge. Welcome to a party that is built on lies and propaganda
Buhari is a terrorist - El Rufai
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by nortcentrallord(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2015
WombRaiders:
Jonathan's administration announces its intention to make trading of Nigerian crude to be done locally by Nigerian brokers.

Less than a week later, a Swiss based NGO comes out with a damning report on shoddy dealings in the NNPC and Ministry of Petroluem.

Less than 3 days after this damning fake report which had no basis, the governor of the CBN comes out to lend credence to this fake report by stating an obvious incredulous lie that $50bn oil revenue was missing!

An indepent forensic report has since debunked Sanusi's allegations as total false.

Today, Sanusi has since been appointed VP Blackstone for Africa.

The number of traitors walking in the corridors of power in Nigeria today is mind buggling.

Obasanjo, Sanusi.... they American moles in Nigerian government. as time goes on, we will know the others.

2 Likes

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by egift(m): 11:37am On Sep 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

Don't worry, tell your Buhari to borrow from the US in advance of oil from my region.

When we finally pull out, let me see how your pathetic Nijeriya will repay that loan.

Parasitic bastards

Oil, Oil, Oil - how many oil well do you have. You are using another man's wealth to brag. Anu mpam.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by ken4jj(m): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2015
ayokellany:

Are u insinuating it's wrong for America to protect its interest ?

Is Nigeria the only country that diversified it's reserve in the history of mankind ?

What happen to diplomatic relations n brilliant way to outsmart the USA instead of confrontation.

No country will be glad to lose its comparative advantage. Nigeria should be stable strong enough before trying to walk it's talk n stop expecting the world would dash us opportunities on plater of gold.

Thank you my brother. It amazes me how people will shout America, America as if the US is ruled by Jesus Christ Himself. The US will protect her interest with every tool,blackmail and leverage it has the same with every other country. It is a dog eat dog world out there. The only fools are those who can not see this and fashion their own path. In fact, the problem with Nigeria is that we cannot compete with anything. The only leverage we have is oil which is going down and it is the fault of all democratic leaders in this country since 1999. In fact,as Nigerians, we are suppose to demand that All past presidents and all the 36 states governors from 1999 till date be brought to TBS and their Peeeniiss Chopped off cos they have failed us.Aligning with China is not the solution because China does not care about you.Have you worked in a chinese owned firm before?They have their own interest. They are looking for how to feed their 1.5 billion population. despite the brouhaha about China, they still value the US because trade and investment between China and the US alone is more than any other country.

The most important thing for us as a country is not forming alliances but it is to stop corruption, ethnicism, tribalism and greed that have kept us where we are today. If we defeat these monsters, we will be less dependent and develop internally .If our development comes from within like the chinese, we will not be bullied by any foreign interests and we will have leverage in our dealings with the outside powers.For example, India is co developing a 5th generation war plane with Russia, yet it has not stopped them from buying US weapons and cooperating with the US military. India,US,Japan and Australia will be taking part in a Naval drill next month. Why has the US not stopped them from cooperating with Russia? It is because India is not a push over nation. The only option is for the US to play along so that the don't totally loose India to Russia. This is how important India is. I am sure, if it were to be other worthless nation, The US would have bullied then into submission.

We should understand that our problem is not America. There will never be a time when the US will favour us against there own interest. The same thing with other world powers.Until we develop ourselves, no other country will do it for us. The earlier we understand this , the better for us all.

2 Likes

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by anwe: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2015
razid:
Sometimes it's good to be patient and watch event unfolds before making submission. Thought "they" said the US trip was fruitless. grin grin grin

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/us-resumes-crude-oil-imports-from-nigeria/110760.html

What is happening is not because PMB visited US, but cause of the price of oil the American companies with their shell oil are not profitable therefore they have to source for cheaper oil. That is why they are back to Nigeria
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by 2goodbobo(m): 11:51am On Sep 15, 2015
US will never do business with Nigeria without no string attach. They give with one had and collect double from you with another hand.

Buying from us is nothing to celebrate about. The very day Nigeria stop doing business with the US, Will mark the beginning of

our socio-economic liberation. As far as am concern, the US is using modern day form of colonialism which is neo-colonialism

to keep enslaving us. Foreign direct Investment, Globalization etc. are all forms of their dubious encroachment model.

If we want to be amongst the world super power in terms of economic growth, then we must learn to cut all ties with the US

and look inwards and also do business with countries like China, Russia, Brazil, Japan, India and some of the developing countries

that are springing up. Dependency on US is highly detrimental to the future of Nigeria. Is it not the same US that refused to help us with

weapons to fight Boko Haram?
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
modelmike7:
God bless my President. Now we are getting our pride and glory back.
sound like a slave
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ioannes:

I get u sis, and I think we are saying the same thing. it's all about the benjamins.
we need their money to develop our economy.
we need to diversify our economy So that we can be self reliant and become not only a regional or continental champion, But also a world player.
if U.S. wants to buy our crude why not? I don't see many other countries lining up for our crude especially as Iran is about to flood the market with theirs.

No matter How much we hate the U.S. we must trade with them for now and keep up appearances of being an ally.

Hope u noticed that our war against BH has improved greatly since they started selling arms to us.
who is benefitting? obviously the Nigerian masses who no longer die en masse.

That's putting this country first.
If we hold on to some perceived hurt or grievance in the past, Nigerian lives would have been the price we would pay for such pettiness.

when America comes with their useless policies and tries to force that down our throat, then we can start screaming.

their purchase of our crude is not based on any untoward agreement that I know of. or Maybe I am poorly informed on this matter. I stand to be corrected then.
.... smiley
Ioannes:

I get u sis, and I think we are saying the same thing. it's all about the benjamins.
we need their money to develop our economy.
we need to diversify our economy So that we can be self reliant and become not only a regional or continental champion, But also a world player.
if U.S. wants to buy our crude why not? I don't see many other countries lining up for our crude especially as Iran is about to flood the market with theirs.

No matter How much we hate the U.S. we must trade with them for now and keep up appearances of being an ally.

Hope u noticed that our war against BH has improved greatly since they started selling arms to us.
who is benefitting? obviously the Nigerian masses who no longer die en masse.

That's putting this country first.
If we hold on to some perceived hurt or grievance in the past, Nigerian lives would have been the price we would pay for such pettiness.

when America comes with their useless policies and tries to force that down our throat, then we can start screaming.

their purchase of our crude is not based on any untoward agreement that I know of. or Maybe I am poorly informed on this matter. I stand to be corrected then.
....see eh BH, chibok scam is tori for another time mehn...Afrocentric pan africanism is the way forward...ask China
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Pomlord(m): 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lord i thank you! Now we can get back to work!!!
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by magzey: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
PMB the engineer!!! Go God is with you Baba.

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Pomlord(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
knostbrown01:
Kakistocracy!!! Must US buy oil before we survive?
Yes US must buy oil for us to survive.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nicepoker:
i am a slave
...... Oh, i see. No wonder! Don't worry you will be delivered soon, that is if you want tho'! (Hope, you are listening to that Reggae song, that says you are a slave?!) enjoy your slavery!!
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by oz4real83(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
Point of correction, all south-south states are not part of your fictitious biafra. The earlier u correct urself the better.

2 Likes

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
See Nigerians opening their teeth to jolificate.. what price will this crude be selling at.. $30 per barrel.. Hopefully when the revenue starts trickling in:

1: may all these our fat bellied,loafers called Governors not queue up to say they want to $$$ for internal development that revolves round planting flowers and filling pot-holes and paying workers salaries

2: PMB would have used EFCC effectively to checkmate APC Governors who are positioned to send all their IGR to Tinubu.. PDP Governors are already checkmated.

3: Ensure that newly appointed ministers prudently and efficiently utilized this new lease of life to infrastructure development that they have not done since the Military handed over to OBJ decades ago
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
modelmike7:
...... Oh, i see. No wonder! I should not get worried cos am beyond redemption. I enjoy slavery!!
congrats
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
jimi4us:
False information. Besides with how much a barrel. When Iran is planning of coming on board. Make we continue to deceive our self with the SS and SE oil. Make una no go sell tomatoes and cocoa powder to take make money.

If you gat nothing to say can't u just shut up... Comments like this they annoy me.. Which SE ?, D SE I know or Another SE ?

How many % Of oil do ur SE contribute to Oil Exportation ? is it up to 18% or 15% ?.. People that even producing d oil ain't complaining na u make nor too get anything they bark anyhow.. If I give u slap en. common run lost

@OP welcome development Jor...

1 Like

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
Riclord001:

who do u guys even call Biafrans? i'm from Rivers and i'm a Nigerian...

Comment like that is so annoying... If SE produces 50% of Nigeria Oil Exportation I will understand , but they produce less than 20% and they re d ones barking, Shouting Our Oil, Our oil, which oil if I may ask ?

1 Like

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by knostbrown01(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
Pomlord:
Yes US must buy oil for us to survive.
And you r happy 2be inferior and dependent on them. Shm
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
good news.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by knostbrown01(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
Agimor:
Everybody want's to comment even when they have nothing salient to contribute.Smh!
I so much believe that you takes everything from your parents dts why u don't knw whr ds country is go. Shm
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
.... smiley....see eh BH, chibok scam is tori for another time mehn...Afrocentric pan africanism is the way forward...ask China
madam I think you need to show us proof that Chibok girls kidnapping is a scam. if I were u I wouldnt mock those mourning. because u don't know any of the affected families personally or that u havent lost a family member to BH means that it's a scam.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by luthorcorp: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
400billionman:

Highest consumers of anything ?

So China was doomed for life when they ignored America and made it. ?
an who told you China made it,what it are you referring to,better go get some facts right before proclaiming knowledge....the same food thatthe us population of 210million consume can feed the Chinese of 1billion,the Russian and UAE biggest clients is USA,in fact their supply isn't enough that's why us gives aids to small upcoming countries like south Korea,Iran,and Cuba in return for their sales of their raw materials....that's to name but a few,if you really want me to boost your knowledge ranking just say the word
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by maajin007(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2015
ken4jj:

Thank you my brother. It amazes me how people will shout America, America as if the US is ruled by Jesus Christ Himself. The US will protect her interest with every tool,blackmail and leverage it has the same with every other country. It is a dog eat dog world out there. The only fools are those who can not see this and fashion their own path. In fact, the problem with Nigeria is that we cannot compete with anything. The only leverage we have is oil which is going down and it is the fault of all democratic leaders in this country since 1999. In fact,as Nigerians, we are suppose to demand that All past presidents and all the 36 states governors from 1999 till date be brought to TBS and their Peeeniiss Chopped off cos they have failed us.Aligning with China is not the solution because China does not care about you.Have you worked in a chinese owned firm before?They have their own interest. They are looking for how to feed their 1.5 billion population. despite the brouhaha about China, they still value the US because trade and investment between China and the US alone is more than any other country.

The most important thing for us as a country is not forming alliances but it is to stop corruption, ethnicism, tribalism and greed that have kept us where we are today. If we defeat these monsters, we will be less dependent and develop internally .If our development comes from within like the chinese, we will not be bullied by any foreign interests and we will have leverage in our dealings with the outside powers.For example, India is co developing a 5th generation war plane with Russia, yet it has not stopped them from buying US weapons and cooperating with the US military. India,US,Japan and Australia will be taking part in a Naval drill next month. Why has the US not stopped them from cooperating with Russia? It is because India is not a push over nation. The only option is for the US to play along so that the don't totally loose India to Russia. This is how important India is. I am sure, if it were to be other worthless nation, The US would have bullied then into submission.

We should understand that our problem is not America. There will never be a time when the US will favour us against there own interest. The same thing with other world powers.Until we develop ourselves, no other country will do it for us. The earlier we understand this , the better for us all.
I believe you brother; I was wondering why would USA support the election from the start till the end;then I have a rethink that there is a selfish idea attach
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by james1991: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2015
I am not a GEJite,but I must say this...the US stopping the importation of sweet crude from Nigeria initially,is more political than the economic reasons they gave. PMB might have gone down there,to have a good chat with them...but still it obvious it one of those plot against the past administration.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by ichoku: 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
May this not be true in Jesus name.
Flets:
Nigerians should not get carried away

Due to the fall of crude prices, shale oil production has become unprofitable. As such, US has resumed increased import of foreign crude oil but at a pre-agreed cheaper rate than global prices.

The US resumed crude import came at a price. The first is sales at rates cheaper than global prices and the second is the installation of Ex Mobil Director Kachikwu as NNPC GMD to protect American interest.

A careful look at the write-up indicates that the onshore crude being purchased is Mobil's Qua Iboe crude (american interest) and the other unsaid story is that its currently being sold at $29.60 below global prices of $45+.

Enough of the noise, Nigeria aint gaining.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by shamecurls(m): 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
Wailing Wailers! Buhari has done it again oo........

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Ioannes:

madam I think you need to show us proof that Chibok girls kidnapping is a scam. if I were u I wouldnt mock those mourning. because u don't know any of the affected families personally or that u havent lost a family member to BH means that it's a scam.
mock?!... I am a bloody Nigerian and your naïveté is beautiful..almost poetic!! BH is on a killing spree alright..have you an understanding of its essence or that of alqueda, Isis etc?
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Pomlord(m): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
knostbrown01:

And you r happy 2be inferior and dependent on them. Shm
Am not inferior o bros o, Na 4 d sake of my job.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2015
Gombs:
Yaaaay...

Finally, some good news. I hope no strings attached? Not the one that tomorrow now, we'd be surprised to see same sex marriage approved, and lai Mohammed will come tell us that Lord Bubu never said he'd uphold the law as signed by GEJ.

Lord bubu grin reminds me of aladdin's prince ali "abubu".. LOL

1 Like

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by mmarvo: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Just two short takes pls
1. The only state producing oil in the SW produces more (and earns more) than the two states that do so in the SE combined... by the way Lagos will join soon.
2. This is more economical technically than political as most refineries in the south coast were built to run on Nigeria's grade of light crude... shale oil is actually lighter, so I believe this request for Nigerian crude is for ours to be blended with theirs!
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by thundafire: 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2015
dy did dat 2 c if GEJ go fear but him no ansa dm dy tot dy wil frustrate him but lie dy man is greatly loved even by some cows on nl sef who wen dy c him name go dy traumatize or hypnotize 2 shout sai cow buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP: Jonathan’s Men Regroup For 2023 / Bayelsa State Is The Richest State, Oyo state Is The Poorest State In Nigeria. / Gov Shettima Queries Commissioner For Distributing Shoe Polish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.