Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics (1130 Views)

Graphic Photo Murdered Christopher Hobobo, Ex PDP Chairman In Bayelsa / Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / Bamanga Tukur Quits Politics, Supports Buhari’s Govt- Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by braine(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
A former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has announced his retirement from politics.

He stated this in his address, in Abuja on Tuesday, at a lecture organised to mark his 80th birthday.

Tukur said he had done his best for the former ruling party and that it was time for him to retire from partisan politics.

He said, “I deem it fit to use this opportunity of my 80th birthday celebration to announce my retirement from partisan politics.

“It is time to say goodbye to formal politics. I have used several political platforms to serve my country.

“I leave partisan politics for the younger generation. I want to be a statesman and an adviser.

“At the age of 80, I feel I can serve our dear nation more in the capacity of a statesman and father figure.”

He said during his short-lived tenure as the chairman of the party, he tried to introduce sanity in the party affairs.

He also claimed to have introduced internal democracy, party discipline and party supremacy.

These, he said, remained the ingredients of strong party systems which, he said, drove the democratic process.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ex-pdp-chairman-tukur-quits-politics/
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by omowolewa: 12:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
Happy retirement.
Then his son will take over.

1 Like

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Great grin
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by Mc4larin: 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2015
Why now?
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by rawpadgin(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
After collaborating with his fellow rogues to milk nigeria dry
God go soon start to kill all of una one after the other

b4 u quote me know that I ain't affiliated to any party

1 Like

Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by Imortal001: 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2015
Haba! he tried by sinking pdp in atlantic ocean, i remember on his wife birthday some ago, na iphone dem share for people.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by braine(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
He has achieved more in his life. Only greed would make him continue.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by boujaye: 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
congrats. Tony Anenih is yet to retire (?)
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by Aromas: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
boujaye:
congrats. Tony Anenih is yet to retire (?)
No mind the man joor.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by braine(m): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
We need more like him to step down.
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by kizzybalze(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
When it's glaring that ur political carer is over u nw call it retirement. abegi...
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by braine(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
kizzybalze:
When it's glaring that ur political carer is over u nw call it retirement. abegi...

Thats whats called 'swimming with the tide'
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by kennyman2000(m): 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2015
Wish him well..
Re: Ex-pdp Chairman, Bamanga Tukur, Quits Politics by vedaxcool(m): 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nigeria thanks you for your role in sinking the People's Rogue Party.

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE Pictures Of “pastor Adeboye’s Gulfstream G550 Luxury Jet / A Must Read On Saraki 's case..how Time Flies.. / Breaking: Former Govr Timipre Sylver Wins Bayelsa Apc Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.