Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551134 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by fame12k(m): 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
@ starflux, i think some questions re not met to be answered again, like what chidiadi50 just asked. Some people think we re here to play.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by ppaul709: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
PLEASE I NEED INFORMATION ON HOW TO SECURE ADMISSION IN NORWAY UNIVERSITY,FOR A MSC PROGRAMME IN TECHNOLOGY
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
miguelangelo01: Hi starflux, thnks so much for ur advises and guidance on this thread. I believe u dont actually know the extent of good you ar doing here and I pray u'll never lack help In Jesus name.
Pls I av some personal enquiries to abt resident and work permit in Norway. Ma email Is michbelluchi@gmail.com. . endeavor to write me lets chatt up. Thnks.[color=#000099][/color]
Thank you! Sent you an e-mail.

chidiadi50: please i want to know if Norwegian universities accept second class for masters?can one work and study and can one stay back in Noway after studies
Yes to both. After studies you can apply for a skilled worker visa (unless you already have a job).

chunaph: Please i'm in a fix. I need help very fast o. I received a mail from NTNU and UIS last night to forward my Documents for the final stage of my admission process. I want to choose one out of the both schools to forward my transcripts and documents , and I'm just confused. I applied for Geoscience (CGPA 80%) in both schools, and I want to know which School I will have a change of getting an admission after sending the documents. I have spent lots of money processing transcripts to UIO too, and I cant afford to send my transcripts to both schools.
*which school will I have a higher chance of getting an admission with my CGPA of 80% (Petroleum Geoscience)?
*which school is the best choice for my course?
I anticipate your advice.

thanks a lot!
Higher chance: UiS by a slight margin.
Best choice: NTNU, but UiS isn't far behind.
NTNU graduates 7/10 of the country's petroleum engineers, while UiS does 1/10 (that doesn't necessarily mean it's way better though).

fame12k: @ starflux, i think some questions re not met to be answered again, like what chidiadi50 just asked. Some people think we re here to play.
I'm aware, as I've gotten several e-mails by unserious people.

ppaul709: PLEASE I NEED INFORMATION ON HOW TO SECURE ADMISSION IN NORWAY UNIVERSITY,FOR A MSC PROGRAMME IN TECHNOLOGY
There's no other secret than a good application.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
StarFlux: Thank you! Sent you an e-mail.

Yes to both. After studies you can apply for a skilled worker visa (unless you already have a job).

Higher chance: UiS by a slight margin.
Best choice: NTNU, but UiS isn't far behind.
NTNU graduates 7/10 of the country's petroleum engineers, while UiS does 1/10 (that doesn't necessarily mean it's way better though).

Thanks a lot bro!

I'm aware, as I've gotten several e-mails by unserious people.

There's no other secret than a good application.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
No problem, you're welcome smiley
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DareAkande: 11:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Starflux, I'm sure you've posted many times on naira land what documents we are required to have if we want to apply for Masters in Norway. I just got my application for MSc RAMS rejected though I believe I was slightly unprepared as my school hadn't processed my results quickly enough and GRE and TOEFL were suspended in Nigeria. I do have an international passport and graduated with a second class upper in electronic and electrical engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University (3.6 on a 5.0 scale). Will appreciate it if you could find time to chat so that I will be better prepared next year when I'm done with my NYSC. Anyone else with USEFUL INFORMATION can email me. Would love to hear from you all soon. Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amblessede: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2013
Dare Akande: @Starflux, I'm sure you've posted many times on naira land what documents we are required to have if we want to apply for Masters in Norway. I just got my application for MSc RAMS rejected though I believe I was slightly unprepared as my school hadn't processed my results quickly enough and GRE and TOEFL were suspended in Nigeria. I do have an international passport and graduated with a second class upper in electronic and electrical engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University (3.6 on a 5.0 scale). Will appreciate it if you could find time to chat so that I will be better prepared next year when I'm done with my NYSC. Anyone else with USEFUL INFORMATION can email me. Would love to hear from you all soon. Thank you
not too sure but might b a GPA issue. My application for subsea engineering got rejected because my GPA 3.61(about 70%) was short of d 4.00(about 80%) required. i applied to stavanger university. i guess urs shld b ntnu. those 2 r highly selective
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DareAkande: 10:20am On Dec 21, 2013
Yup mine was NTNU. But I thought that they didn't need any documentation in the preliminary round even though I sent them a PDF of my results which was uploaded on my school's website. I really wished that I can certainly know the reason why I was rejected whether it was insufficient amount of documents uploaded or my grades didn't make the cut. Would love to have a chat with someone who's got admitted. Thanks though for your reply @ amblessede
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hey guys

@Dare Akande
Yes, it could've been because of your GPA (Amblessede was on point,) but in this case it's because RAMS requires you to have completed a bachelor degree in Norway. Sorry to hear such news.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DareAkande: 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
StarFlux: Hey guys

@Dare Akande
Yes, it could've been because of your GPA (Amblessede was on point,) but in this case it's because RAMS requires you to have completed a bachelor degree in Norway. Sorry to hear such news.

Ok so if I can't get into UIS or NTNU due to my relatively low GPA or due to the fact that I don't have a bachelor degree in Norway, Can I at least know what other schools in Norway that have a better acceptance rate and still have employable graduates.

Thanks for your reply @Starflux
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Dare Akande:

Ok so if I can't get into UIS or NTNU due to my relatively low GPA or due to the fact that I don't have a bachelor degree in Norway, Can I at least know what other schools in Norway that have a better acceptance rate and still have employable graduates.

Thanks for your reply @Starflux
There's no school that doesn't have employable graduates. I really don't understand why people insist on ALWAYS going NTNU, UiS or UiO. Basically every single inquiry I get is about these three schools. Why's everyone limiting themselves to these three universities? It's like reading a really fascinating book and only open 1 page instead of 2, 3, 4 or 5 (and on and on it goes).

@Dare Akande
I honestly don't know whether your GPA is sufficient for that programme or not. My point was only that you need a Norwegian bachelor degree.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amblessede: 4:56am On Dec 22, 2013
good day house. anybody interested in applyin to telemark university college can do so without toefl. i'v been in contact wt them and they r aware dat nigeria is having issues...they said i could submit anyoda english cert.wish to use waec.hope d info helps some1
NB:in step 1 of application i indicated i had toefl.dats d only way u can get past it anyway.again ielts mayb anoda option but 4 me i'm usin waec
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by DareAkande: 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
amblessede: good day house. anybody interested in applyin to telemark university college can do so without toefl. i'v been in contact wt them and they r aware dat nigeria is having issues...they said i could submit anyoda english cert.wish to use waec.hope d info helps some1
NB:in step 1 of application i indicated i had toefl.dats d only way u can get past it anyway.again ielts mayb anoda option but 4 me i'm usin waec

That's nice but I recommend that we should IELTS if possible.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
StarFlux: What grade scale is your school using? I assume 5.0 scale in this case. Norway uses a 6-point scale.

C = 4/6

4/6 ≈ 0,66 (66%)

0,66 * 5 = 3.3

But in reality, C minus, C, and C plus are in use (not on official stuff though) so probably C average would include C minus (don't take my word for this) which means you can get in with lower than 3.3, though I can't confirm that.

It's really easy to get these things confused, so I'm not entirely sure what grading scales people's been giving me, but generally, this is the model you want to follow. I apologize for any mistakes.
That's a shame.

I'll try to dig up some more.

Starflux thanks for the response. Pls my cgpa was 2.93! From unilag am I in d c- grade?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olamotad: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
pls gurus. some just told me u have to pay equilavent of 10k in naira during application to a norway schl for undergraduates. pls hw tru is dis
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Juvante(m): 11:01am On Jan 01, 2014
Pls, I will like to know more about Vestfold University College,in areas of graduate acceptability. Members already in Norway,I need your comments.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by endowedharry: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
Olamotad: pls gurus. some just told me u have to pay equilavent of 10k in naira during application to a norway schl for undergraduates. pls hw tru is dis
its a lie application is simply free of charge all u should be scared of is that after the application they will ask you to summit you document which will include statement of account to prove you have up to 2.5million or somebody else statement of account but the person will be as a sponsor and if you are summiting your document they must be certified especially you ssce results

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
IF I CAN GET WORK,I WILL LAND IN NORWAY FAST
WHAT KIND OF WORK CAN A NEWCOMER GET?
WHAT PART OF NORWAY CAN ONE EASILY GET JOB?
I AM TALKING ABOUT LEGAL JOB .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
aodis: .

Starflux thanks for the response. Pls my cgpa was 2.93! From unilag am I in d c- grade?
D = 2,5. So I would assume so, yes.
Olamotad: pls gurus. some just told me u have to pay equilavent of 10k in naira during application to a norway schl for undergraduates. pls hw tru is dis
Not true like Endowed Harry said. Though some private insitutions could have this fee.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by frakie: 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
please how can one apply for undergraduate program in Norway, because i read in most schools website, that undergraduate degree programs are taught in Norway language.
please you guys should help shield more light.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
frakie: please how can one apply for undergraduate program in Norway, because i read in most schools website, that undergraduate degree programs are taught in Norway language.
please you guys should help shield more light.
thanks
Schools such as UiO and NTNU offers language courses. When you apply for an undergraduate degree at UiO, you also automatically apply for the 1-year language course. At NTNU you can apply for the IFUS-programme.

You can also take a year at a folk high school that offers a language programme, and after pass a language exam which will qualify you, though that is kind of risky, since you are in no way or shape guaranteed admission to a university after.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by rafcrown(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
GREAT THANKS TO StarFlux for his great efforts here.He has answered many important questions and he has even responded to e mails sent to him.May Almighty God continue to be with you.
Well done and nice to discover a good Nigerian like you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by johhnnie(m): 1:35am On Jan 05, 2014
Hi all, great people, great ideas here. Well done! Please, I want to know the possibility of getting admission to a PhD program in either Germany or Norway. I have an MBA (finance option)63B as well as M.Sc climatology. My B.Sc was in geography science ( 2ND class upper). I currently have a savings of $20k. My interest areas for PhD are climate change and energy systems, business innovations and entrepreneurship or environmental resources management. As a last resort, I don't mind an M.Sc in geographic information systems/remote sensing or international trade management.
Please, which of the above stated has better prospects in the stated countries? I intend having something like a ten year sojourn abroad to understudy some technologies that I can interpolate to Nigeria at a future date.

Lastly, brethren, can we compare Canada and Germany in terms of opportunities? Let's leave racism out of the equation.
Thanks for your anticipatedly objective response
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 06, 2014
please starflux help me i'm a secondary school graduate who wishes to apply for a bachelor degree program in UIO, please help me with the requirements in application and the difficulties i might go through..thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by miguelangelo01(m): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
endowed harry: its a lie application is simply free of charge all u should be scared of is that after the application they will ask you to summit you document which will include statement of account to prove you have up to 2.5million or somebody else statement of account but the person will be as a sponsor and if you are summiting your document they must be certified especially you ssce results
@endowered harry..pls is it possible for someone in Oslo already to apply n get admited?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by barikay: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
I hav some norwegian krones (currency) to exchange to dollars. Pls where do i exchange it here in Nigeria? Anyone travelling to Norway that need it, can also signify
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
goldwynas: please starflux help me i'm a secondary school graduate who wishes to apply for a bachelor degree program in UIO, please help me with the requirements in application and the difficulties i might go through..thanks
Read the applications procedures on their site. It's very clear and straight forward.
miguelangelo01:
@endowered harry..pls is it possible for someone in Oslo already to apply n get admited?
Yes, but university start for most programmes isn't before fall.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 12:46am On Jan 09, 2014
Pls how many pple on dis thread applied yo university of Nordland? Most pple aare applying to oslo.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by aodis: 12:48am On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=StarFlux]D = 2,5. So I would assume so, yes.

Thanks Starflux!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Vycta(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2014
can someone please help me with the visa requirement for students?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.