Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,689 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (553136 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 23, 2011
Hi Hoodrat,

pls tell me, i need to know much about norway as at present. i want to relocate and get a job and live in norway by next year january. how do i get their work permite? pls kindly let me know. cool
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Lucy001(f): 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2011
stevochy:

Hi Hoodrat,

pls tell me, i need to know much about norway as at present. i want to relocate and get a job and live in norway by next year january. how do i get their work permite? pls kindly let me know. cool
hello,
The best thing to do is to apply through schooling.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efizzi: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2011
Hello Forumites,
I just applied to study oil and gas msc at NTNU trondheim Norway, I would like to know what the prospects of me getting a good job for like two years after I complete my studies in order to gain experience and also what is the living condition like there. Are the people friendly, do some of them speak english? I really would like to have more information ASAP in order to seal my decision.
Thanks a bunch
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by darhyone(m): 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ mobuch, would like to ask u some questions pls inbox me ur email address rayiloko@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efizzi: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2011
Hi Lucy001/Hoodrat,
Please could you kindly respond to my earlier post.
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 02, 2011
I am about to be duped please help me urgently @all please kindly clarify this issue somebody helping me with admission to norway said I only need to provide an account statement that is sufficiently funded from my sponsor that i don't need to pay 87000 krones into my own student account in norway so clarify this is it true that I do not need to pay the money into my student account in norway? Is it sufficient if i only provide a proof of funded statement of account at the embassy before being issued visa? because i think the emvassy will not issue the visa unless you pay the 87000 krone into your own student account in norway or is my assumption wrong please clarify.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2011
You need to provide an account statement to the school at this initial stages of application but you have to pay the money to a norwegian bank when you get admitted. Just note that most nowegian varsities admit students once a year [Summer session]. What program and school are you applying to? Note that Norwegian embassy doesn't give visas to applicants going for undergraduate studies.

~One more question: Why are you using an agent when you can do it  yourself? That agent doesn't know anybody in the school or at the embassy.

@effizy NTNU is one of the best universities in the world and there is a possibility of you getting a job before you graduate as oil coy come for career fair in the school. But first get application form to enable you send in your documents before you start bothering.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
@jaga jaga thanks a bunch I actually would have loved to process univ oslo for masters in eng and i have good grades but i was discouraged due to the 87000 krone being requsted to be paid before being issued visa cos I could actually get my sponsor to provide an account that funded but he might not be able to empty the account for me i mean not all that money therefore i had forgotten about it only for an agent to call me up and he was trying to convince me that all was required was for me to provide just the funded account that i wouldn't have to pay the fees and he said he had a special way of pulling this stunt of course ir sounded too real to be true but it was just to good to ignore so i had to bring it to the fore for my better experineced nairalanders befor i fall for a cheap scam and just like i thought i was only about to be duped thank you very much,
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Efizzi: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2011
THANKS JAGA JAGA I have done the Prelim application like 2 weeks back, also did prelim app for University of stavanger.
I really appreciate your response.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2011
@effizi I hope your CGPA is above 4.0 or thereabout -- this is mostly the requirement for petroleum courses.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2011
JagaJaga

Didnt you travel to Norway anymore?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2011
UDI couldn't finish the processing of my application before the deadline for resumption at my school. So i terminated the application and, hope to apply next year.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Win99: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2011
i
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Win99: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mobuch: Would be in Olso this month. Was thinking if we could talk. sayhitouche@gmail.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lookman07: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2011
Hi friends,i am presently studying in Finland.I am in my first year studying construction Engineering,but i am seriously fed up of continuing staying finland.I am thinking of moving to Norway.Please,i want to know if i can live and work in Norway.I have one year Finnish residence permit o.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lookman07: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2011
@Mobuch,I am presently studying in Finland,but i am thinking of relocating to Norway by the end of this year.I have some questions to ask you about Norway.Can you please send your Email to,  lookman07@yahoo.co.uk
@Win999,please,when are you going to Norway.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by saviola24: 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
Hello my fellow naija guys in Norway, please i need some piece of information from you guys already in Norway, i applied for Msc in Computer science and also Msc in Offshore technology at university of stavanger Norway. Also applied for Msc in Telematic with Msc in information science at the Norwegian university of science and technology, Trondheim Norway. This is to enable me get admission for any of the universities in 2012, My question now is, what is the possibility of me getting admission with a GPA of 3.67 in ELECTRONIC AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING in MY BACHELORS degree back here in Nigeria. Kindly reply here please

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by benr: 6:53am On Dec 22, 2011
please i am benr a nigeria just arrival and i need to meet nigeria can anyone help me
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Hoodrat(m): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2011
Efizzi:

Hi Lucy001/Hoodrat,
Please could you kindly respond to my earlier post.
Thanks a bunch.

Hey bro sorry i haven't been an active member on nairaland for sometime now but here is the link you need in order to obtain both work permit and resident permit in norway http://www.udi.no/ al you need is register your application online and you will be directed to the nearest police station or embassy near you to complete your permit, Norway is cold country but is a place to be for both skilled and unskilled workers who just want to earn some money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lookman07: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Hoodrat,Thank you for this information.God bless you,bros.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by say9ng(m): 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Olami1224: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2012
@Earthling,

Thanks for showing up, i need some private information and also need some details from you please kindly send me your e-mail. mine is sodiqonas@yahoo.com.

I will be glad to hear from you soo..

Olamide
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Masebinu: 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2012
am getting interested in dis norway tin. Am currently serving and wil b applying to one of d universities in norway. I hold a b. Eng. In mech eng wit cgpa of 4.28 frm futa. I intend studying petroleum eng or oil and gas eng at masters level. Can anyone hint me on criteria for admission, ease of getting visa, and this 87000 nok who owns it at the end of the day cos i learnt education is free but life could be expensive out there. Pls anyone in d hours, especially those in Norway should respond to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by SabrinaNene(f): 6:50am On Apr 09, 2012
Hi,

I got into NHH to study Brand Management...does anyone here know anything about the institution and Bergen in general. I live in Oregon, so I'm totally used to the rainy weather.... cheesy
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by osram(m): 9:50am On Apr 21, 2012
I wud lyk to apply for undergraduate studies in norway..bt i heard d embassy dnt giv visas to undagraduate,plz hw true is that?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by steelie: 11:49am On Jul 08, 2012
saviola24: Hello my fellow naija guys in Norway, please i need some piece of information from you guys already in Norway, i applied for Msc in Computer science and also Msc in Offshore technology at university of stavanger Norway. Also applied for Msc in Telematic with Msc in information science at the Norwegian university of science and technology, Trondheim Norway. This is to enable me get admission for any of the universities in 2012, My question now is, what is the possibility of me getting admission with a GPA of 3.67 in ELECTRONIC AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING in MY BACHELORS degree back here in Nigeria. Kindly reply here please
Have you gotten any reply yet?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by emeko4sure: 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
Emeko4sure.hello guys in house I wanna know if NTNU and university of oslo will accept me for master in petroleum geoscience I graduated with a 3.1 CGPA from dept of geology uniport....I wanna apply for autumn session 2013...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by JagaJaga1: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
Just try your luck. It doesn't cost a thing at this stage of the application. But don't put all your hopes on it.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by futurewise11(m): 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
@all,
Pls is it true that norway embasy doesn't
Issue visa to intending undergraduate student fom nigeria?
Pls How much is the naira equivalent of 87000 krones?just need it for a friend
Since he can't find a german university that lectures in english and admit against summer.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by emeko4sure: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
@jagajaga do u know of anybody that has been offered admission with a cpga of 3.1 in university oslo or ntnu...pls reply
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mamushka88(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2012
Hey guyz,pls help me out.I need to no how to apply for school and work in oslo norway.anyone wif info

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.