Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552173 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
^^
Thanks bro. I wasn't asking you help me do research on courses. I just wanted to know what my chances are.
I'd say okay chances depending on the uni, perhaps not the ones most sought after.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by phantasm(m): 11:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
@StarFlux. Can you assist with information on how to get a job in norway. What's their labour shortage and what are my chances of been admitted as a foreigner. Actually, my goal is to study and if possible, hold a permanent residence permit there but I can't really afford the 2million+ they requesting. And I'm on a self-sponsorship package. So its difficult raising as much fund. But if I could get a job, I'd work and save up for my study there (Theoretical Physics)... Would appreciate your response.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lekside01(m): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hello fellow NL'ers, considering an option to move to norway for work sake actually bt am already on a masters program(financial management) edinburgh business school, UK. Shld I consider another Msc or a higher degree.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 7:29am On Aug 29, 2013
lekside01: Hello fellow NL'ers, considering an option to move to norway for work sake actually bt am already on a masters program(financial management) edinburgh business school, UK. Shld I consider another Msc or a higher degree.

why considering another Msc?
You have an Msc certificate in UK
and you are thinking of another Msc probably in Norway?
Please can you tell me your reason for even dreaming of the thought?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Hamadatash: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hi, any one can help me(I am from Sudan). If I received schengen visa from Norway. Can I apply for asylum when I arrive in Norway (they took my finger print during the process)? I will use my passport and will enter the counrty leagally.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by worry359(m): 8:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Hamadatash: Hi, any one can help me(I am from Sudan). If I received schengen visa from Norway. Can I apply for asylum when I arrive in Norway (they took my finger print during the process)? I will use my passport and will enter the counrty leagally.

You have already PROOVED that you are safe enough to apply for visa and that you have enough funds for tickets.
You will be seen as FAKE and will be on first plane back, your visa and passport stamped and money wasted.
You will have to explain your actions to your own police, good luck!
You will NEVER get another visa to any country.
Also you are secure enough to use internet and fund the trip. Why do you think that taxpayers in another country shoul pay for your life. Are you just a thief?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
phantasm: @StarFlux. Can you assist with information on how to get a job in norway. What's their labour shortage and what are my chances of been admitted as a foreigner. Actually, my goal is to study and if possible, hold a permanent residence permit there but I can't really afford the 2million+ they requesting. And I'm on a self-sponsorship package. So its difficult raising as much fund. But if I could get a job, I'd work and save up for my study there (Theoretical Physics)... Would appreciate your response.
Everything that has to do with information technology is in demand. Though, when you're in the country, you can get a job without too much trouble.

If you have a bachelor you can apply for a skilled worker visa, but you need to have an actual job offer first. Other than that, there's really no way around the money requirement I'm afraid.

It's hard, but if you get that money, it'll be worth it.

Any Nairalanders currently attending NTNU? smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by enamonasco: 5:08am On Sep 10, 2013
Am new here!
Can anyone pls clarify this:
as regards the 2.5M, can i withdraw it once am able to get a residence permit to work because d money was borrowed!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
enamonasco: Am new here!
Can anyone pls clarify this:
as regards the 2.5M, can i withdraw it once am able to get a residence permit to work because d money was borrowed!
I'm actually not entirely sure.

I believe once you have been granted the residence permit (after transfering the funds), you can do with the money as you please. But you should at least get into the country first.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olasco123: 1:30am On Sep 12, 2013
Hi guys, this platform has been very informative to me, especially at this very moment of my decision making. i previously made an attempt to escape from the uncertainty of this country some time ago, though i had a good job but for fear of unknown decided to move to North America without having access to this kind of platform where I can get cheap and valuable information . I moved back to 9ja after 2 years when things didn't work out especially because i never wanted to continue living in a foreign land illegally since my primary motive was the future of my Kids. Now with my little experience I discovered that one of the smarted way to go, work and eventually settle abroad with your family is through education. I have searched and made several findings on the most cost effective way of getting admitted and schooling abroad taking cognizance of flexibility of admission requirement, School fees, job opportunity while studying and most importantly What-Next-After-study (Permanent Residence).

Having gone through all threads and school sites i have narrowed down my search on Norway and Germany. both countries offer free tuition and the fund you are required to transfer is still your money and it at least keeps you secured till you hold your grounds. though both has their hiccups. I am therefore hoping to start applying for schools in both countries immediately the platform opens.

Thank you all for your contributions on this site and please keep up the good job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 9:57am On Sep 25, 2013
@Starflux, can I have your email address?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2013
StarFlux:
You have a mail.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
chemashie:
You have a mail.

you shud have said,

" THANK YOU for GIVING ME THE EMAIL ",

before proceeding to telling him that he has a mail or do you think its easy for somebody to just post his email address here in Nairaland?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ezegozie:

you shud have said,

" THANK YOU for GIVING ME THE EMAIL ",

before proceeding to telling him that he has a mail or do you think its easy for somebody to just post his email address here in Nairaland?
I intentionally removed his email address before quoting him because I knew it is “not easy“ dropping email address on public forum.
You should have allowed him to tell me that and not you. Mind your biz next time and stop acting Mr. Do-gooder.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 1:22am On Sep 28, 2013
chemashie:
I intentionally removed his email address before quoting him because I knew it is “not easy“ dropping email address on public forum.
You should have allowed him to tell me that and not you. Mind your biz next time and stop acting Mr. Do-gooder.
Appreciate it.

I'm getting a lot of requests by PM and mail.

I've said it before, but I want to make it clear that I simply provide information already available for everyone on the net. It can be a bit tricky to find (I know), so I find it for you. I am not someone who can help you beyond that.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 8:26am On Sep 28, 2013
chemashie:

hahahaha, that i should mind my own business? What happens if i don't?
You will beat me up or block me in Nairaland?

My friend sit down and learn how to appreciate people dat do good to you,

Did you mind your bussiness when you told a man to send you his email?

The earlier you learn how to be appreciative in life, the better for you.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2013
StarFlux: Appreciate it.

I'm getting a lot of requests by PM and mail.

I've said it before, but I want to make it clear that I simply provide information already available for everyone on the net. It can be a bit tricky to find (I know), so I find it for you. I am not someone who can help you beyond that.
Thank you for your mails, I am currently working on a particular research group.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 9:41am On Sep 28, 2013
Ezegozie:
hahahaha, that i should mind my own business? What happens if i don't?
My friend sit down and learn how to appreciate people dat do good to you,
Did you mind your bussiness when you told a man to send you his email?
The earlier you learn how to be appreciative in life, the better for you.
ASUU strike is really having its effect on you seriously.
I told you to mind your business so that you can graduate with 3.5 and above, go for NYSC, pass your TOEFL and GRE exams and excel in your MSc.
I don‘t think I have time for a kid like you on a faceless forum.
Peace!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 10:03am On Sep 29, 2013
chemashie:
ASUU strike is really having its effect on you seriously.
I told you to mind your business so that you can graduate with 3.5 and above, go for NYSC, pass your TOEFL and GRE exams and excel in your MSc.
I don‘t think I have time for a kid like you on a faceless forum.
Peace!

This man just called me a Kid?
A 23 year old man and a final year student a kid?

Anyway, let me just keep quiet,
atleast, i have voiced my opinion,
if you like you change, if you dont, you continue being unappreciative.

Ndi Igbo na-asi na onwu na egbu nwa nkita anaghi ekwe ya nuru usi nsi.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2013
chemashie:
Thank you for your mails, I am currently working on a particular research group.

This is how the comment of a polite person should look like, thank God you learn't from the correction.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2013
^^^
You are just too pathetic, you sure need serious help.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by enesty(m): 11:21am On Sep 29, 2013
Hi ezegozie weldone on this thread am currently serving and woud love to relocate to norway for my msc in global health and get a job afterwards but I came out with a thrid class 2.16 gp ls advise me how to go bout it bak in norway there
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
chemashie: ^^^
You are just too pathetic, you sure need serious help.

help yourself 1st before looking for who to help.

If anyperson needs help here, then that should be you for being too arrogant and unappreciative, i even thought he has repented and learn't from the correction.
S. M. H
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
enesty: Hi ezegozie weldone on this thread am currently serving and woud love to relocate to norway for my msc in global health and get a job afterwards but I came out with a thrid class 2.16 gp ls advise me how to go bout it bak in norway there

Sir, thanks for your compliment but i am nothing but a final year student. And don't know much about your question

The current oga at the top we have here is StarFlux

i believe he will attend to you soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ezegozie:

help yourself 1st before looking for who to help.

If anyperson needs help here, then that should be you for being too arrogant and unappreciative, i even thought he has repented and learn't from the correction.
S. M. H
Flat head, you keep boasting to someone who is old enough to be your University lecturer on a faceless forum. You are 23 years old and yet to be a graduate with good grade.
I would have loved to help your situation but your problem is beyond repair.
Face your studies and graduate first cos your mates are already in the labour market making money.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
chemashie:
Flat head, you keep boasting to someone who is old enough to be your University lecturer on a faceless forum. You are 23 years old and yet to be a graduate with good grade.
I would have loved to help your situation but your problem is beyond repair.
Face your studies and graduate first cos your mates are already in the labour market making money.

why are you taking a mere correction so personal? Somebody politely corrected your mistake and you start making mountain out of valley, is that how a mature person behaves?

why are you making fun of my age?
I am 100% sure that you were not yet in your final year when you were 23, if not,
you would have been established both academically and morally by now and definitely will not have any business to do here.

You said you are old enough to be my lecturer, i am not doubting that,
but the question now is
why then are you not my lecturer?

My mates are in the labour market i agree with you but there are still Millions of students who are 23 and yet not even in any tertiary institution let alone FEDERAL UNIVERSITY.

You have been insulting me here since and i have been keeping quiet,
better respect yourself!
Because you won't like it if i let my anger lose on you! I repeat
Better respect your self
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
Oh my! That is what you get when you decided to meddle into other people's affairs.
I have exchanged mails with Starflux on research group I was planning to understudy while you were busy having sleepless nights over non-issues.
Your mates are making money during the ASUU strike while you are running your mouth like a deflowered toddler.
I hope you will now learn to mind your business henceforth?
alainironu ara Nairaland.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ezegozie(m): 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
chemashie: Oh my! That is what you get when you decided to meddle into other people's affairs.
I have exchanged mails with Starflux on research group I was planning to understudy while you were busy having sleepless nights over non-issues.
Your mates are making money during the ASUU strike while you are running your mouth like a deflowered toddler.
I hope you will now learn to mind your business henceforth?
alainironu ara Nairaland.

Are you not ashamed of yourself?
Have you seen Starflux exchange words with anyperson here ever since he started commenting here?
That is because he is too busy and mature for that.

I won't blame you for blabbing like an illiterate market woman
because, It is frustration and poverty dat is eating deep inside you.

I thought you are a normal humanbeing who takes correction when he is wrong not knowing that you are already a dead entity.

If correcting you means entruding into people's affair to you, then i will do that again and again, because you are so powerless to do anything effective apart from running your Mouth like a man that is mentally unstable.

You are not ashamed to be bragging with Msc research topic at this age while your mates are professors in Federal universities, own fleets of cars and houses and have possetively added something to the society

Let me ask you a simple question
Have you ever seen someone who is very busy with research topic who always login to a faceless forumn just to exchange words with a guy young enough to be his son?

That is because you are not a normal humanbeing.

That is because you are old but yet not mature

That is because you are frustrated and has nothing sensible to write.

I guess you have got what you have been looking for, now you will return to your cage

This will be my last comment to you because i don't exchange words with individuals that only bark like dogs without having anything good to offer.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chemashie(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
MSc? Me?
Flat head, you are not learning anything in your University at your age. You are pathetic!!!
Do I look like someone who is preparing for MSc research work? This is typical of your tribes......
You are a clown and really making me laugh today.
Keep it coming ARINDIN.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by StarFlux: 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
enesty: Hi ezegozie weldone on this thread am currently serving and woud love to relocate to norway for my msc in global health and get a job afterwards but I came out with a thrid class 2.16 gp ls advise me how to go bout it bak in norway there
http://www.uib.no/studyprogramme/MAMD-INTH#presentation
http://www.hioa.no/Studier/SAM/Master/International_Social_Welfare_and_Health_Policy
http://www.uio.no/english/studies/programmes/ichealth-master/index.html

And regarding "how to go about it". Well, you just have to apply with crossed fingers. Experience/research/work could help your application.
2.16 = C, most master programmes have C as a basic requirement. You do have a fair shot, so definitely apply.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olasco123: 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
hi Starflux please there is something i have not got right from the requirements, some school are asking that you fill a form asking you about your ECTS equivalent in Nigeria. how does one go about that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.