Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551185 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by smurfymorello: 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
mantleguy:

Nigerians una like to abbreviate everything sha.

Have you taken time to read up "admission requirements and how to apply" on Nord University's website? If you have u won't be asking this

Have you taken time to read up "admission requirements and how to apply" on Nord University's website? Everything you need to do is clear there. Ur transcript must be an officially certified transcript FROM YOUR UNIVERSITY

Thanks for taking out some of your time to reply me
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Made123: 10:05am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello friends. please I need to clarify a question I've been finding it difficult to answer myself.
1. Can I show a bank statements that was printed on September 23rd with a closing balance of 7milloin plus in it. And how many months bank statement do I need to show? I have a statement that dates from February-September.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Made123:
Hello friends. please I need to clarify a question I've been finding it difficult to answer myself.
1. Can I show a bank statements that was printed on September 23rd with a closing balance of 7milloin plus in it. And how many months bank statement do I need to show? I have a statement that dates from February-September.
For schools like NTNU that the application is done between Oct-Dec this year, Yes you can. For those that are early next year like UiS, I don't think so. Though it cost almost nothing to get a new account statement. Gtb charged me just N50 for a stamped statement of my account. For most schools, the account statement should not be more than three months old.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Made123: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
olujastro:

For schools like NTNU that the application is done between Oct-Dec this year, Yes you can. For those that are early next year like UiS, I don't think so. Though it cost almost nothing to get a new account statement. Gtb charged me just N50 for a stamped statement of my account. For most schools, the account statement should not be more than three months old.
Alright thanks bro. it's just that as at now, the closing balance is below 3million which might pose a negative effect on my application. Nevertheless, I will print it out next week from January till present since it has huge inflows.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by smurfymorello: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Any one applying to himolde?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
smurfymorello:
Any one applying to himolde?
If u didn't make 2.1, don't just venture to himolde
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by smurfymorello: 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bandeco:

If u didn't make 2.1, don't just venture to himolde

Have you applied b4?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
smurfymorello:

Have you applied b4?
Yes... 2014..wasnt offered admission.

It is even expressly stated on their website that first class honors and/or second Class upper division will be considered for admission.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Made123: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
Please has anyone applied to any of these universities with a 2.2 (3.41).. Uni trompso, university of adger, Norwegian uni of life sciences. I need to know the one with the closest bet so I can apply there.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2016
Made123:
Please has anyone applied to any of these universities with a 2.2 (3.41).. Uni trompso, university of adger, Norwegian uni of life sciences. I need to know the one with the closest bet so I can apply there.
I am here.. I applied to 2 schools out of the 3 schools you listed with 2.2.

What course are you going for?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Made123: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2016
mantleguy:

Economics. What bout you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
Made123:

Economics. What bout you
Wow.... . Same course bro. Let me pm you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Made123: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
mantleguy:
Wow.... . Same course bro. Let me pm you
I have responded..
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by chaiks: 2:08am On Nov 03, 2016
Please how much is the application fee for masters in Norwegian universities and wat other ways can one show proof of financial capability apart from Bank statements?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by haywire1: 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
bucky123:
I recently applied to NTNU for MSc. but the school where I had by Bachelor's has been on strike for a while now (LAUTECH). So, I've not been able to get my certificate and transcript which I've applied for by the way. However, I do have my statement of result and a collection of all my semester results. Can I use these in place of the certificate and transcript respectively?

I'm also a graduate of Lautech and I'm facing same problem... I hope they call off the strike soon ... Wh course did u study?

#
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by our9ja: 9:52am On Nov 04, 2016
Yes I applied also with 2;2 and i pray make them give me ohhh
mantleguy:

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mantleguy(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2016
our9ja:
Yes I applied also with 2;2 and i pray make them give me ohhh
Which course and schools?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bucky123(m): 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
haywire1:

I'm also a graduate of Lautech and I'm facing same problem... I hope they call off the strike soon ... Wh course did u study?

#

Pure and Applied Physics
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by our9ja: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2016
mantleguy:

Which course and schools?

Master of Science in Energy Management Nord University
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by smurfymorello: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
Please house how is a sponsorship letter suppose to be like? Plus is it suppose to be typed ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2016
smurfymorello:
Please house how is a sponsorship letter suppose to be like? Plus is it suppose to be typed ?
It should be a typed letterheaded writing. Signed by ur sponsor with date

Remember, just sponsored letter is not enough. U must attach a recent bank statement

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by smurfymorello: 9:01am On Nov 10, 2016
Bandeco:

Remember, just sponsored letter is not enough. U must attach a recent bank statement

What if my sponsor has no letter head .
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by smurfymorello: 9:01am On Nov 10, 2016
Bandeco:

What if my sponsor has no letter head . As he is into biz
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by smurfymorello: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2016
our9ja:

Master of Science in Energy Management Nord University

What's your status on soknardsweb?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by our9ja: 9:41am On Nov 10, 2016
smurfymorello:

What's your status on soknardsweb?

Under consideration
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Freestainworld(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2016
please y guy I want to have a one on one conversation with you about Norway, can I have ur email add or ur WhatsApp number, u can send me msg at freestainworld@gmail.com, thanks
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2016
smurfymorello:

What if my sponsor has no letter head .

Q: Whats is the requirements for undergraduate studies in Nigeria?
A: WAEC and jamb

Q: What if I have no WAEC?
A: tongue undecided

Well, tell ur sponsor to provide the money(like 4million) into your account. Then upload ur bank statement containing the required amount. This serves as proof of funding with out the need for sponsorship letter
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by BeingGabriel: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
Lol, that was really funny!

mantleguy:

The amount should be equivalent of NOK103950 in naira.

As at today's exchange rate, it is 3,920,000 naira

Ps: Norway is technically offering everyone scholarship. I mean every human being in a public Norwegian University on earth is already on Scholarship. Cos they don't charge fees to you.

I wonder what other scholarship you are looking for.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by BeingGabriel: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
Nice one bro!

I guess you have your plan B post-master's sha. Not sure Norway is like Canada as per residency after schooling.

Kulex:
For all those wondering whether applicants with low CGPA's could be admitted, I think it would only take a miracle for a below 2-1 degree to get into any Masters program in Norway. Your surest bet is a 2-1.
I was the only Nigerian that made it to UiT in Autumn 2016 as an international student, and I look forward to having more of my people here next year.
By the way, I still believe that all your questions have been answered on this thread. Go through it diligently and get informed.
Good luck pals!
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by klawaaa: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
Please, must the funds be transferred before VISA can be issued?
Bandeco:

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.