Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,819 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (552509 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jimbson: 9:55am On Jan 18, 2017
StarFlux:
Which school is this? A bachelor degree with English as the language of instruction should be sufficient in most cases.

@ Ezegozie
Sorry, I don't support crime. Let me know when you want to do it the proper way.

Good day guys pls can someone help me out.....
Do I need to submit a copy of my secondary school transcript or just the original waec certificate.. Applied to study in norway
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2017
jimbson:
Good day guys pls can someone help me out.....
Do I need to submit a copy of my secondary school transcript or just the original waec certificate
Which one is secondary school transcript again? The only thing I left sec. School with is my Waec and that's what is required from you as proof of English proficiency provided you have at least C6.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by jimbson: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
olujastro:

Which one is secondary school transcript again? The only thing I left sec. School with is my Waec and that's what is required from you as proof of English proficiency provided you have at least C6.

thanks boss... I was a bit worried
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by centcilia: 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ehido:
My friend since we have waited this long, lets just have a little more patience till next week.

I pray it all works out.

Pls am a 300L nursing student in Nigeria I need a detailed information on to get a scholarship in Norway to complete my education. Pls need urgent info on this
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by amofum(m): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2017
gunther6:

Hi, how did it turn out? I would be applying this week for the PhD program. Is there anything I should know about the acceptance rate for Nigeria/Africa? My GRE wasn't too good 321(Q161, V160 AWA3.5).
NHH requires GRE and TOEFL I applied there
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by bizza009(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
hello guys,pls i need an advise,university of stavanger specified that university transcript and certificate from Nigeria must be certified by the awarding institutions,Does it mean i cannot certify them at the high court.Please someone should advise on how i can certify theses documents in my school.Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
bizza009:
hello guys,pls i need an advise,university of stavanger specified that university transcript and certificate from Nigeria must be certified by the awarding institutions,Does it mean i cannot certify them at the high court.Please someone should advise on how i can certify theses documents in my school.Thank you
You didn't understand the instructions on the web.. Go and read it again.. This time pay more attention
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by michael1385: 6:21am On Jan 24, 2017
Pls, if i transfer the required money to the bank account in norway.... Will i have access to my money when i get there?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by hybeenoni: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
Please, how long does Norway allows a graduate student to stay after study?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 25, 2017
Goodday ppl
Please can someone tell me the estimated cost of a 3 weeks holidays in Norway for only myself??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by TheChairman: 11:34am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello!
I'm a final year student, taking up Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering in The Philippines. I'm looking to further my education in Norway-university of Stavenger- in Marine and offshore technology. I have few questions for you Bro, firstly, do you have any idea of the school's resumption date, and is it possible to survive over there without funding from your guardian/sponsor/parents,i.e taking up part-time jobs ? finally, i'm due to graduate by October 2017, is it possible to resume late? i'll be really grateful if you or anyone can help me with these questions and if possible advice me. Thanks and God bless.
ikswiss:
Well yeah you right but the cost of living in Norway is hell lol and yeah Sweden requires tuition payment and lets not forget that after your program you are granted a six months visa to find a job and you guys should google Sweden has one of the biggest percent of skilled immigrants in the country working professionally.. Well as for me am Swedish and half Nigerian trying to help here... One nice quote my dad always say "you use money to make money'' Goodluck to my Norwegian scholars smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
hybeenoni:
Please, how long does Norway allows a graduate student to stay after study?
It used to be 6 months after graduation. But from 2016 it was changed to 1yr without any possibility of further extension.
The only problem with the current 1yr extension is that you'll need to show you have up to 238k NOK (your money,not borrowed) to apply for the job seekers permit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Ggetter50: 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello guys... Anyone in Oslo? I will be in Oslo by the 1st of February. If you like we can meet up.

Gracias !
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by hybeenoni: 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
@ Olujastro I'm currently on my application for MSc Risk Management at University of stravanger, you being a current student there, do you mind if I ask you some more questions privately?

Here is my mail ib4real200083@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
hybeenoni:
@ Olujastro I'm currently on my application for MSc Risk Management at University of stravanger, you being a current student there, do you mind if I ask you some more questions privately?

Here is my mail ib4real200083@yahoo.com
I already replied you on the other thread, please ask your questions here so others can benefit as well. If I were to respond to all the PM requests I get from here weekly or discuss privately with each person, I probably won't have time to study combined with other things I have to do. That's why I still follow this Norway thread to help those who REALLY need help. Not those who can't properly seek info that's easily accessible online.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
olujastro:

I already replied you on the other thread, please ask your questions here so others can benefit as well. If I were to respond to all the PM requests I get from here weekly or discuss privately with each person, I probably won't have time to study combined with other things I have to do. That's why I still follow this Norway thread to help those who REALLY need help. Not those who can't properly seek info that's easily accessible online.
bro...wat is the average cost of a 3 weeks holiday in norway??
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by hybeenoni: 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
@ Olajustro I appreciate your response and time, aside the talk of availability of part time job in Stravanger as stated online, what do u have to say to that, as a current in that city?

Between Norway and Germany for my post graduate program, which du u recommend based on
* true availability of part time jobs
* ability to get job there with the certificate earned.
* extension of visa after duration of study to find job?

I would truly appreciate your response based on your first hand experiencem
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
hybeenoni:

@ Olajustro I appreciate your response and time, aside the talk of availability of part time job in Stravanger as stated online, what do u have to say to that, as a current in that city?

Between Norway and Germany for my post graduate program, which du u recommend based on
* true availability of part time jobs
* ability to get job there with the certificate earned.
* extension of visa after duration of study to find job?

I would truly appreciate your response based on your first hand experiencem
I would easily recommend Germany ahead of Norway.
Germany is the heart of the European economy largely built on manufacturing, while Norway is an oil based economy with little or no manufacturing sector. This means a form of 'employment recession' during bad times such as now when oil prices are low. It gets so bad that even part time jobs are very difficult to get during the lows. Stavanger is the oil capital of Norway so that should tell you it's highly affected too. Let me take this chance to advise people not to borrow money to come hoping to easily pick up a job. As it stands, there's a high probability you'll be miserable after returning d loan. Several examples abound here.

For certificate recognition, each country recognises its own certificates first before that of other countries provided the jobs are available. Norway particularly gives preference to their graduates here.

Germany gives 18 months post study visa while Norway now gives 1yr with stringent conditions I already told you before.
So that should easily inform your choice.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
Osahon7:
bro...wat is the average cost of a 3 weeks holiday in norway??
Strange question. It's too complicated to answer. It all depends on what your plans of staying here are, and I'm not in your mind to know your almost every plan, things you plan to spend on/shopping, accommodation plans for 3wks. Can't help you plan your expenses so I'm surprised at the question.
Just have more than enough money cos Norway is an expensive country. Google can easily tell you that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
olujastro:

I would easily recommend Germany ahead of Norway.
Germany is the heart of the European economy largely built on manufacturing, while Norway is an oil based economy with little or no manufacturing sector. This means a form of 'employment recession' during bad times such as now when oil prices are low. It gets so bad that even part time jobs are very difficult to get during the lows. Stavanger is the oil capital of Norway so that should tell you it's highly affected too. Let me take this chance to advise people not to borrow money to come hoping to easily pick up a job. As it stands, there's a high probability you'll be miserable after returning d loan. Several examples abound here.

For certificate recognition, each country recognises its own certificates first before that of other countries provided the jobs are available. Norway particularly gives preference to their graduates here.

Germany gives 18 months post study visa while Norway now gives 1yr with stringent conditions I already told you before.
So that should easily inform your choice.

Best of luck!
Word. I studied in Norway and moved to Sweden upon graduation as the swedes are more liberal and has less stringent immigration policy. Also the Swedish economy is more comprehensive than Norway's. Norway is richer though

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
olujastro:

Strange question. It's too complicated to answer. It all depends on what your plans of staying here are, and I'm not in your mind to know your almost every plan, things you plan to spend on/shopping, accommodation plans for 3wks. Can't help you plan your expenses so I'm surprised at the question.
Just have more than enough money cos Norway is an expensive country. Google can easily tell you that.
Lol... People can ask kindergarten question sha
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by olujastro: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bandeco:

Word. I studied in Norway and moved to Sweden upon graduation as the swedes are more liberal and has less stringent immigration policy. Also the Swedish economy is more comprehensive than Norway's. Norway is richer though
So how did you port to Sweden, further studies? Cos that looks like the easiest way.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by hybeenoni: 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
@ Ikswiss, Bandeco and Olujastro I sincerely appreciate your contributions towards educating us.

Please one more question

What do you have to say about Denmark, because I have a school willing to give scholarship there, what's opinion about their immigration policy, post study visa extension, current opportunity for part time work and settling down there as a foreigner.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
Not really here cos of work and other things smiley but to answer your question danmark is a nice country with more crazy difficult immigration laws when been compared with other Nordic countries but sure you get jobs down there depending on your level of qualification and what you have to offer your employee. Hope this help bro..
hybeenoni:
@ Ikswiss, Bandeco and Olujastro I sincerely appreciate your contributions towards educating us.

Please one more question

What do you have to say about Denmark, because I have a school willing to give scholarship there, what's opinion about their immigration policy, post study visa extension, current opportunity for part time work and settling down there as a foreigner.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by hybeenoni: 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2017
@ Ikswiss I appreciate your response

Germany gives 18months post study visa, any idea abt post study visa in Denmark?

I intend applying for an MSc program there
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Nah have no clue regarding visa am born here in Sverige tho smiley
hybeenoni:
@ Ikswiss I appreciate your response

Germany gives 18months post study visa, any idea abt post study visa in Denmark?

I intend applying for an MSc program there
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:45am On Jan 27, 2017
olujastro:

So how did you port to Sweden, further studies? Cos that looks like the easiest way.
Yes Yes

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Bandeco(m): 6:57am On Jan 27, 2017
hybeenoni:

Please one more question

One thing I am sure of is that immigration policies in Denmark are very tough and getting tough day by day to ward off immigrants - for it is a very small and densely populated country.

I can bet on Sweden. It is a liberal, compassionate well developed country.

Scholarships also abound if you can prove your mettle. All University has scholarship programs for non-EU students; and the Swedish Institute (SI) also has very comprehensive scholarship program.

In Sweden you can work as long as your strength permits as a student. No hours limit.

Sweden has world class and innovative companies in all sectors of the economy.

Converting your study permit to work permit is relatively easy in Sweden . Trust what I say buddy.

Lycka till

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Paulweasley: 12:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
Helo. Goodday everyone. I want to first of all appreciate starflux and all the other gurus in the house for how there have really brought blessings to the life's of most people who came looking for help from this house. May the almighty God continue to bless the works of yours hands IJN. Amen.
I am highly interested in studying in Norway and have made some researches of my own. Found some tuition free universities and of all Norwegian University of Science and technology(NTNU) suit my interest. I planned doing bachelor's in geology but unfortunaletly it's only taught in Norwegian. So I searched for related course which are being taught in english and found oil and gas technology.
My problems are I don't know how to apply and the requirements and things to do in order to get admission and worse is dat I don't know anything concerning Norway visa. That's why I came here to get more knowledge, advice and information concerning the whole journey before I begin.
Please I like to know estimately how much I will need in total to pursue for Norway visa and be successful. Am I to pay any money to the embassy like the 8600 eur being payed for German visa? What and what am I to pay for in oder to successful in securing my Norway visa. And I like to know the crucial documents am to have in oder to be succesful. Please I really need your help about all this informations. Please I lack time for application deadline is 1st of March 2017.
I really appreciate your assistance. Please anyone should help me as I lack time. Please.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Paulweasley: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
You can reach me anytime with my email - Ikennaabonyi97@gmail.com and phone numer - 09025885514. Please anyone. Please
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by obehivan: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please is toefl mandatory for nigerians aiming for msc in norway and please anybody studying in germany(msc) should indicate. Have some questions to ask. Thank you so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (154) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.