Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Has PMB Carpetted The Legislature? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has PMB Carpetted The Legislature? (347 Views)

Babangida Suggests Part Time Legislature For Nigeria / Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? / How Many States Has PMB Officially Visited? How Many Countries Has PMB Visited? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has PMB Carpetted The Legislature? by lameda07: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
It seems to me that President Buhari in his wisdom has been able to effectively carpetted the legislature so far in the journey of the administration.

What do you think?.
Re: Has PMB Carpetted The Legislature? by merry02(m): 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
APC/ Buhari keeps ranting on Nigeria Constitution as the only tool to sustaining a Better Democracy...

My Questions;

1. I need a professor of Law to do educate me on the appointment of acting INEC chairperson for almost 3 months without a thorough scrutiny by the legislature.

2. If according to the constitution, at least 36 persons are to head Nigeria federal ministries (Ministers). What justifies APC/Buhari in reducing the number to 19 without any constitution reviews?

3. In a normal democratic settings, the fiscal budget of a country is managed by the Legislature and the executives.Is there any justification for the $2.2b borrowed from the world bank without proper considerations by the legislature?

4. Is Buhari acting according to the law of the country?

5. In cutting of government expenses, should that be a yardsticks of trampling onthe law?

6. Is Buhari acting as c in c and at the same time legislative head?
Re: Has PMB Carpetted The Legislature? by hinwazaka: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
A better question should be "Is the Senate helping the President to his doom"
When Morsi began his madness, the Egyptian parliament kept quiet. It was only when he had drowned himself completely in controversial comments and dictatorial moves, that the Egyptian parliament started putting obstacles in his way. When he noticed this, he came out and called for public sponsored attacks on opposition members in the parliament. This was all the Egyptian parliament needed to bury him. And in cohorts with the military, they put him under house arrest and expelled his party. So now, who do you think is leading the other by the nose.

(1) (Reply)

Osun Debt: Expert Disagree With Aregbesola’s Analysis On Bailout Repayment Term / Rivers Guber Poll Free, Fair – Inec / Oyegun Begs Judiciary To Deal With Corruption Cases Quickly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.