Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger (37012 Views)

#LagosAt50: Foot-Like Statue At Berger Erected By Lagos State Government / Nnamdi Kanu's Mother Mobbed By Excited Traders At Ariaria Market In Aba. Photos / Fayose Wears White Shorts To Receive Leaders Of Traders At Fayose Market (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 16, 2015
I've been noticing the presence of men of the Kick Against Indiscipline(KAI) lately as their van is always seen patroling Lagos. I was opportuned to see them in action at berger area of lagos where they seized the wares of some fruit sellers for trading in a place not marked as a market. Before you take pity on the traders for losing their wares, just know that they have since returned to the same spot with their lawlessness.

http://lifestyletonight..co.ke/2015/09/see-what-kai-did-to-traders-at-berger.html?m=0

2 Shares

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Gombs(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2015
Those guys are trying to feed their families, pay school fees, not trying to bankroll their governorship campaigns. If they do rituals now, una go complain,if they do drugs now, una go vex... If they block you in traffic and shatter your glasses to get your phone and wallet, we'd come here and lament.

Relocate them, get them a space.. Not throwing away their wares na. Better still, get them jobs.

Modified :
For those quoting me, saying it's law, and yet to quote the law... One day, God forbid, you may be in their shoes, then, you'd understand.

I'm not saying they should litter the state with their wares, I'm saying get them alternatives first. It's like banning hawking in traffic. Those guys, for example could sell 3 cartons of gala and lacasera in a day there... That's like 6k a day (do the math a month), what of that woman, with 3kids and a drunk for a husband, selling pure water and vegetables to feed her kids?

For God's sake, this is Nigeria, not America. America or other developed countries have measures for these folks, Nigeria is yet to fight corruption or provide basic amenities, and yet, we're trying to fight micro finance traders.

Some said, they should get shops! Really? How many can afford most shopping complex or shops in Lagos, that are given out in millions of naira couple with multiple taxes?

Why not arrest the trader, and their goods... Why the goods only o? Why destroy the goods?

For your information, those seized goods will be consumed by the same KAI official... Who's fooling who?

222 Likes 22 Shares

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 16, 2015
Buhari pls tackle and look into employment issue. Employ some technical and advanced experience special advisers into the ministry of labour, they will really look into this and generate employment for the masses.

4 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by menix(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2015
Buhari's foot soldiers.
Poor man that can't afford a shop to display his wares will certainly die of hunger.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by RichDad1(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2015
I don't know why our people cannot obey simple environmental laws?
Don't trade by the road side.
This is one of the major traffic source in Lagos.
In as much as I felt for the traders for their loses, I won't be surprised to see them there tommorow.
cry

44 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by slimfit1(m): 6:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Gombs:
Those guys are trying to feed their families, pay school fees, not trying to bankroll their governorship campaigns. If they do rituals now, una go complain,if they do drugs now, una go vex... If they block you in traffic and shatter your glasses to get your phone and wallet, we'd come here and lament.

Relocate them, get them a space.. Not throwing away their wares na. Better still, get them jobs.

There is a place for everything. It is wrong they should find other means of doing business without breaking the law.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by kennyman2000(m): 6:36am On Sep 16, 2015
samething happening at oshodi... Ambode should take it easy with the poor citizens..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by ademega(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2015
simple laws people won't obey

3 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by HomoSapiien: 6:45am On Sep 16, 2015
This KAI should be established in Ilorin as well. Too many law breakers over there.

2 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Godmother(f): 6:53am On Sep 16, 2015
Trying to get Lagos cleaned up is a great idea, but they shouldn't just leave these people hanging. This is their source of livelihood. If they take it away without providing alternatives how do they want these people to fend.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 16, 2015
RichDad1:
I don't know why our people cannot obey simple environmental laws?
Don't trade by the road side.
This is one of the major traffic source in Lagos.
In as much as I felt for the traders for their loses, I won't be surprised to see them there tommorow. cry
@bold

I was surprise to still see them there the following day. Some posters above are blaming the government for their misfortune. But when flood destroys their streets, causes traffic and chases them away from their houses due to dirts from this traders blocking the drainages as a result of their roadside trading, those posters won't channel blame to the traders, everything will still be placed on the government.

We need sacrifices like this to attain a sane country.

21 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Gombs(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2015
slimfit1:

There is a place for everything. It is wrong they should find other means of doing business without breaking the law.

Really? In Nigeria?

What law is that again?

1 Like

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2015
Gombs:

Really? In Nigeria?

What law is that again?
if there is no such law, KAI won't be disturbing them as that can amount to them getting sued.

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Gombs(m): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2015
juicee1:
if there is no such law, KAI won't be disturbing them as that can amount to them getting sued.

Lalasticlala

What law o!
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by tolexy007(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2015
angry
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Reekadict04: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by efilefun(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2015
Its a welcomed idea but i dont support the destruction of their goods... The funniest thing is they contribute mostly to the dirtiness of the roads.

2 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by dave2meek(m): 9:30am On Sep 16, 2015
D
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by free2ryhme: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2015
grin
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by free2ryhme: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2015
undecided
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by adedayourt(m): 9:30am On Sep 16, 2015
useless kai
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by naijainfogalery: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2015
sometimes these are tough decisions the Government must make.
No government wants to see its masses suffer but in this case i have stopped pitying them, Some would say how will they cater for their family, note they are breaking the law, the annoying thing is they will place their markets on the road, preventing road users from passing causing serious grid lock and accidents.

The only ones i pity are the ones that are hawking and the ones that places their goods in one corner and they still take their goods

2 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Samirana360(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2015
[b][/b]dat's buhari's body language
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by donholy28(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2015
They might have done their job by doing this,but the won't know that many kids are now at home with nothing to eat because of this inhuman act against their parents

2 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by ken0808: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2015
Is this how the government will create the 3.5 million jobs they promised?
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by free2ryhme: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2015
Godmother:
Trying to get Lagos cleaned up is a great idea, but they shouldn't just leave these people hanging. This is their source of livelihood. If they take it away without providing alternatives how do they want these people to fend.

They will leave the market to come to the roadside to shout their wares.

when has the roadside become a marketplace? what happens if a vehicle looses brakes and head straight into the crowd? the roadside is not a market place. we should consider safety when making reasonable argument. This is not acceptable in advanced society and Lagos is not an exception

haba!

13 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by GabrielSuswam(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2015
Good
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by metorichmond(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2015
KAI ni KIA ko,

1 Like

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Mishydoo(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2015
Goats...!!!they have the whoke market to themselves but prefer to sell on d roads...cause holdups and accidents....deserve to be jailed undecided

2 Likes

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by dhamstar(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2015
Thugs in uniform!
Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Say No To Street Trading

1 Like

Re: See What KAI Did To Traders At Berger by ichommy(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Arrests Wanted Boko Haram Terrorist - Photos / Mimiko Showing Fayose Something On His Phone: What Could That Be? / Soldiers Lay Ambush For Boko Haram In Borno (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.