Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos (61525 Views)

Heavy Rainfall Pulls Down High Tension Wire At Ikeja Area Of Lagos. See Photos / Man Climbs, Stays On Lagos High-tension Tower For Three Hours (Photo) / Driver Electrocuted At Jakande Estate As Trailer Touches High Tension Wire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by victorazy(m): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
donholy28:
Transformer dey switched off...if not he 4 don roast by now

Leaner! Wetin concerned current flowing through high-tesion wire?
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Emmydot90(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
and so? if I can touch burning red charcoal with my bare hands how more wire mtchewww # kidding ;Dand so? if I can touch burning red charcoal with my bare hands how more wire mtchewww # kidding
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by agabusta: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
disloman:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Bro!u can lie oooooo.Devil sef go dey fear u ooo.

That u don't have knowledge of something does not mean u should be accusing another person of lying.

I have done a lesser one myself as demonstration during my undergraduate days to show that electric current can only run through a person that is earthed.

I placed a blanket on a plastic chair, I then stood on the blanket on the plastic chair and touched a live wire. I didn't feel any electric shock despite the current in me. I asked my spectators to use a tester on my body and the tester showed light, even though I didn't feel any electric shock.

What made this happen? It is simply because I was not connected to the earth, a person feels electric shock just becos the current flows through the body to the ground. When the connection to the ground is taken a way and the current is not extremely high to the point of arcing, the person will not feel an electric shock.

Although I have never tried that of the mains homes and shops connects to. But as I mentioned earlier, I have seen an electrician that touched it with his bare hands and there was light, and he was not electrocuted. You can make your independent findings about this, and the come back and apologise to me.

Based on my background I didn't attribute what the electrician did to superstition or funny assertions that he held his breath. It was simply because he was well disconnected from the earth. He was midair resting on a perfect non-conductor.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Amdayburh(m): 5:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
oooo na dat black tin dem dey use deceive dem? very soon, he wld really b made of black
lol.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by linearity: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
If understand the principle of electricity, you will get to know that, you only get shocked when the current that flowed into your body found an outlet via a low potential point.

Ground is low potential, and as such as long as your shoes are properly insulated, you can touch a high tension wire all day and nothing will happen to you. That is the same reason, birds can berch on high tension wires and nothing will happen but if their feets touches the two tension wires, they are gone.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by aviazuva: 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
He think say na GEJ still dey rule
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by donbrowser(m): 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2015
donholy28:
Transformer dey switched off...if not he 4 don roast by now
Transformer gets current from the high tension which means if you disconnect the transformer the high tension is still very active
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by simdam500(m): 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
Even physics students on nairaland are staring at the pic like Wtf
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by DonPsymon(m): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
*Puffs weed*
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by disloman(m): 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
agabusta:

That u don't have knowledge of something does not mean u should be accusing another person of lying.

I have done a lesser one myself as demonstration during my undergraduate days to show that electric current can only run through a person that is earthed.

I placed a blanket on a plastic chair, I then stood on the blanket on the plastic chair and touched a live wire. I didn't feel any electric shock despite the current in me. I asked my spectators to use a tester on my body and the tester showed light, even though I didn't feel any electric shock.

What made this happen? It is simply because I was not connected to the earth, a person feels electric shock just becos the current flows through the body to the ground. When the connection to the ground is taken a way and the current is not extremely high to the point of arcing, the person will not feel an electric shock.

Although I have never tried that of the mains homes and shops connects to. But as I mentioned earlier, I have seen an electrician that touched it with his bare hands and there was light, and he was not electrocuted. You can make your independent findings about this, and the come back and apologise to me.

Based on my background I didn't attribute what the electrician did to superstition or funny assertions that he held his breath. It was simply because he was well disconnected from the earth. He was midair resting on a perfect non-conductor.
Bro!U know shit.U want to compare d current running thru high tension wire to d one supplied into d house?Do u know d amount of current ur body can tolerate?Bro!stop lying.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Tolubory(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
cry this wan nah high tension
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Exponental(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
so some people actually believed there was current in that wire..... gullible is too small a word for u.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by toyese01(m): 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
BCISLTD:
angry the helmet will protect him

Check my signature Call or whatsapp

https://www.nairaland.com/2582274/toks-2008-toyota-fj-cruiser

Would have checked ur signature but was dissapointed by ur comment, helmet will protect someone holding tension wire
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Phillfree(m): 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
And dis sh*t's on front page? B4 working on a HT, the transmission's always called for outage on the feeder in question.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Greyworld:
Current has not flown through those wires for 9 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 21hours....... And sm seconds.
GBAM!! I'm sure the OP is a gentle 'lady' and 'he' can't hurt a fly cheesy
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by johnsonjosbles(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
donholy28:
current no dey...if not he 4 don roast by now
the topic would have been (Graphic pix of a foolish man who touched tenssion wire with hand in lagos home of bad new) [viewer discretion strongly advised or OYO]
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by CONCEPT360: 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
d science here is simple, one can actually touch naked electric wires wit bare hand if there is no contact for leakage. the man on that pole has shoes on and hanged away from d ladder if u watch well. dats d simple explanation
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by BCISLTD: 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
toyese01:

Would have checked ur signature but was dissapointed by ur comment, helmet will protect someone holding tension wire

It was a joke...kindly check my dp
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Firevinci(m): 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
I'll bet there's no current on that wire otherwise he would have been a grilled chicken by now

Unless............
Unless............
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by agabusta: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
disloman:
Bro!U know shit.U want to compare d current running thru high tension wire to d one supplied into d house?Do u know d amount of current ur body can tolerate?Bro!stop lying.

It is you that actually don't have knowledge about this. Why not make your findings before spewing trash.

This one you are screaming stop lying portrays you as an unintelligent person. An intelligent person when confronted with facts will counter it wt valid points. Moreso when even given a similar case study.

How come u fail to pick where I said an electric current can only shock when it flows from a body to the earth.

Exercise your brain Kid.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Firevinci(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
crackhouse:
including goalkeepers. Some players shot can eletrocute too.

And can even strip you naked and burn your hand
#SHAOLIN SOCCER#
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by fresh007(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
Gud for him....... grin
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by tunjidj3: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
the writer dont have work just seeking cheap web traffic while the man he snap his working with an outage permit
But ilitrate is a desease im sorry for the jobless nairralander on the street because anything they see on the street become their NEWS
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by disloman(m): 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
agabusta:

It is you that actually don't have knowledge about this. Why not make your findings before spewing trash.

This one you are screaming stop lying portrays you as an unintelligent person. An intelligent person when confronted with facts will counter it wt valid points. Moreso when even given a similar case study.

How come u fail to pick where I said an electric current can only shock when it flows from a body to the earth.

Exercise your brain Kid.
Ok oooo D wise one but go n experiment it n see d result.High tension wire bn touched with bare hand while current running thru it.NA wa b like say I no do physic 4 school.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by disloman(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2015
CONCEPT360:
d science here is simple, one can actually touch naked electric wires wit bare hand if there is no contact for leakage. the man on that pole has shoes on and hanged away from d ladder if u watch well. dats d simple explanation
Bros!Not this type of current u hold with bare hands.U wan dey ni?
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
disloman:
B4 any work bn carried out on high tension wires,Power will have to bn switch off.With ten gloves,U will still b electrocuted.
in nigeria to be specific
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by sirgusto: 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
I nor fit shawwt. Abeg help me wake dat guy up, tell am say GEJ don commot oooooooo. cheesy
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by NERDYDREAMS(m): 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
The jumper must have been disconnected cry
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by bigfrancis21: 1:00am On Sep 17, 2015
989900:
There is a man india who can (live wire), without getting electrocuted.

I studied EE at UNN and electrically speaking, this is possible once the person isn't grounded i.e. connected to earth or standing on the ground (earth). The earth ground serves to complete an electric circuit and thus ensure the full flow of current round the circuit. Now, if someone hangs freely in the air from one of the 3 high tension lines, he/she wouldn't be electrocuted because his leg isn't touching the ground or earth that serves to complete the circuit. The hanging person would be just as a conductor, conducting electricity freely. However, the same person would immediately be electrocuted if his leg suddenly touches the soil or ground or someone standing uses a pole to touch the hanging person (both persons would be electrocuted because there is a direct connection to the earth ground).

In the case of the picture the op posted, there is clearly a connection or conductor between the nepa man touching the cables with his bare hands and the earth (the ladder) creating the perfect condition for electrocution however, there is no current flowing through the high-tension cables as the power must have been disconnected at the power station. Otherwise, he would easily be electrocuted if power is suddenly restored through the cables.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 17, 2015
because there is NO electricity... undecided
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 17, 2015
We did it again boom boom boom,congratulations to all who subscribed with me for saturday games,now you can know fixed games are for real,for the new subscribers you are welcome to the win team you just got started,next fixed games are by wednesday,inbox me if you need them,love you alll
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by onunwa21(m): 5:33am On Sep 17, 2015
He is holding the control room key....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FLOOD: Ladies, Will You Accept This Offer? - [PHOTO] / Goat Spotted In Kwara Trying To Steal From A Pot Of Cassava On Fire (Photo) / Chioma Nkechi Daniel Missing: Have You Seen Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.