Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos (61539 Views)

Heavy Rainfall Pulls Down High Tension Wire At Ikeja Area Of Lagos. See Photos / Man Climbs, Stays On Lagos High-tension Tower For Three Hours (Photo) / Driver Electrocuted At Jakande Estate As Trailer Touches High Tension Wire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by FRANKOXY(m): 5:46am On Sep 17, 2015
ITS THE LAWS OF ELECTRICITY THAT KEEPS HIM ALIVE + HE ISN'T IN CONTACT WITH EARTH.

1 Like

Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by disloman(m): 6:45am On Sep 17, 2015
Nicepoker:
in nigeria to be specific
Stop living in ur imaginary world.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by charlesucheh(m): 7:40am On Sep 17, 2015
IRON MAN!!! Ghen!ghen! Made of steel!!! How are we sure it's NOT A FILM TRICK!!! ADONBILIVIT!!!
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Nicepoker(m): 8:23am On Sep 17, 2015
disloman:
Stop living in ur imaginary world.
with the latest technology. U can work on high tension cables without switching any thing off. Make enquiries how las vegas power transmission lines are maintained. Am not imagining things here.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by disloman(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2015
Nicepoker:
with the latest technology. U can work on high tension cables without switching any thing off. Make enquiries how las vegas power transmission lines are maintained. Am not imagining things here.
okay,will do that n get back to u.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by riczy(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2015
Current no recongnise juju ooo,dt pis didnt reveal if it was actually bare hands na!
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by AngryNigerian(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2015
awesomesossy:
Y u too de lie like dis cry
You don't know ur DP says it all...ladies lie all over their body!
lolz...but I no lie shaa
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by 989900: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I studied EE at UNN and electrically speaking, this is possible once the person isn't grounded i.e. connected to earth or standing on the ground (earth). The earth ground serves to complete an electric circuit and thus ensure the full flow of current round the circuit. Now, if someone hangs freely in the air from one of the 3 high tension lines, he/she wouldn't be electrocuted because his leg isn't touching the ground or earth that serves to complete the circuit. The hanging person would be just as a conductor, conducting electricity freely. However, the same person would immediately be electrocuted if his leg suddenly touches the soil or ground or someone standing uses a pole to touch the hanging person (both persons would be electrocuted because there is a direct connection to the earth ground).

In the case of the picture the op posted, there is clearly a connection or conductor between the nepa man touching the cables with his bare hands and the earth (the ladder) creating the perfect condition for electrocution however, there is no current flowing through the high-tension cables as the power must have been disconnected at the power station. Otherwise, he would easily be electrocuted if power is suddenly restored through the cables.

I get your drift, but you can still get electrocuted ungrounded .

OTOH, the man I'm talking about is on youtube, just search 'indian man who can't be electrocuted'.

He discovered his uniqueness while attempting to commit suicide by electrocution, upon the loss of his mother.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Kessyy2k4(m): 9:15am On Sep 17, 2015
another suicide on missioncheesy
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Larynx(m): 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
so whats the big deal Kazeem for Idumota go even touch am with his teeth sef
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by sunkomite(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
Beremx:
He's touching the wires with his bare hands because there's no current passing through it.
Not because current is not passing through but because he was protected from been electrocuted simply because he was putting on safety boot and he is far away from d Earth! I am a practising engineer, one of my bosses actually did that sometimes not even HT(High Tension cable) but a copper that carries current of more than 500Amps. if u test his body with tester, it will blink light to show u current flows through him. Moreover, he was only holding a part of a circuit, if he shud hold d HT Live(+) and Neutral(-) together, na die! Pls don't try it if u are not well groomed electrically. I actually tried it too once and I was wowed!

1 Like

Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by Firevinci(m): 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I studied EE at UNN and electrically speaking, this is possible once the person isn't grounded i.e. connected to earth or standing on the ground (earth). The earth ground serves to complete an electric circuit and thus ensure the full flow of current round the circuit. Now, if someone hangs freely in the air from one of the 3 high tension lines, he/she wouldn't be electrocuted because his leg isn't touching the ground or earth that serves to complete the circuit. The hanging person would be just as a conductor, conducting electricity freely. However, the same person would immediately be electrocuted if his leg suddenly touches the soil or ground or someone standing uses a pole to touch the hanging person (both persons would be electrocuted because there is a direct connection to the earth ground).

In the case of the picture the op posted, there is clearly a connection or conductor between the nepa man touching the cables with his bare hands and the earth (the ladder) creating the perfect condition for electrocution however, there is no current flowing through the high-tension cables as the power must have been disconnected at the power station. Otherwise, he would easily be electrocuted if power is suddenly restored through the cables.

OK thanks for the clearance
From the little I know, he is wearing shoes and hanging away from the ladder can it still shock him if he is wearing a proper insulated shoe
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by sirgusto: 9:37am On Sep 26, 2015
teeowl:
because there is NO electricity... undecided
no

Hey dude, didn't they teach you about field effect?
If that line is energised, he would have been fried.
Re: Man Touches High Tension Wires Without Gloves In Lagos by sirgusto: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Dude, go back to your notes and check field effect. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) / Goat Spotted In Kwara Trying To Steal From A Pot Of Cassava On Fire (Photo) / FLOOD: Ladies, Will You Accept This Offer? - [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.