Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive (34224 Views)

IPOB Members Wear Black Cloths Today, Remove Biafra From Cars / Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu / Video: Why Did Nigeria Erase Bightof Biafra From The Map? – Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
tsdarkside:
you dey craze....me i only remember,in the civil-war my mother ran away from sapele to yoruba land as far as lagos,,,,sooo,,,,why was that...why didnt she stay in a secure area with her igbo SS/SE brethren.....

we will never join you!!!..............and if you try that stvpid Biafra nonesense....then....all the other tribes in nigeria will declare war on you!!!..... angry angry angry angry

Madness is surely chasing you round the world!
Igbos don't need you and your people - anything Yoruboid - Urhobo, Itsekiri or Edo.

Igbos are not interested in parasites, traitors or genocide conspirators. The Igbo struggle is strictly for hardworking achievers and goal-getters, and not for lazy cowards who have only survived by being stooges and weak-minded fellows, who are only satisfied with the few crumbs their slave masters throw at them while the slave masters continue to enslave, plunder and rape the commonwealth and resources to better their own region, religion and elite!

Mr Urhobo, you are needed in OduaArewanistan republic. Your slave masters still love to have you as loyal subjects. In preparation for your new republic you should have enrolled in evening classes to master Quranic verses. Remember to take crash courses in Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba languages.

Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by tsdarkside(m): 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
xtrorse:

Igbos don't need you and your people - anything Yoruboid - Urhobo, Itsekiri or Edo.

Igbos are not interested in parasites, traitors or genocide conspirators. The Igbo struggle is strictly for hardworking achievers and goal-getters, and not for lazy cowards who have only survived by being stooges and weak-minded fellows, who are only satisfied with the few crumbs their slave masters throw at them while the slave masters continue to enslave, plunder and rape the commonwealth and resources to better their own region, religion and elite!

Mr Urhobo, you are needed in OduaArewanistan republic. Your slave masters still love to have you as loyal subjects. In preparation for your new republic you should have enrolled in evening classes to master Quranic verses. Remember to take crash courses in Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba languages.

Good luck!

guy,give yourself a break....are you thinking with your brain or with your anus?? ....i am realy not sure... undecided undecided undecided
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 10, 2015
tsdarkside:
guy,give yourself a break....are you thinking with your brain or with your anus?? ....i am realy not sure... undecided undecided undecided

Usobo man, Igbos are not your mates in any level as to warrant your frequent tirades online.

For no just cause you malign the Great Igbo Nation at will, and you think you can go scot-free? Not all!

If you and your people are a force to reckon you'd have faced your slave masters who plunder and rape the commonwealth and resources to better their own region, religion and elites.

I'd advise you go cure the maggots feasting on your brain that have made you not to respect yourself and your tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 10, 2015
xtrorse:

Good luck!

Very ignorant post, but I expect nothing less from a chest beating buffoon. Urhobos, Itsekiris and Edos aren't cowards and all three have held their own when it came down to. Also another that kills me is the whole "Igbos are hard working and every one else is lazy" mantra. There's plenty of hard working, industrious men and women from the three tribes so your claim that we're lazy and weak doesn't hold any ground. You need to stop assuming that because we don't align ourselves with you, we are automatically with Yoruba. I for one don't align myself with either Yorubas or you Igbos.. You annoying Biafrans are always rambling about how you're being marginalized in "Nigeria" and that Edos are just fighting for Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba crumbs, when that's far from the truth. The Edos have suffered the most ever since the amalgamation of Nigeria in the forms of suppression and corrupt leadership, yet we don't bi.tch about it like you do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
aim5:
Very ignorant post, but I expect nothing less from a chest beating buffoon. Urhobos, Itsekiris and Edos aren't cowards and all three have held their own when it came down to. Also another that kills me is the whole "Igbos are hard working and every one else is lazy" mantra. There's plenty of hard working, industrious men and women from the three tribes so your claim that we're lazy and weak doesn't hold any ground. You need to stop assuming that because we don't align ourselves with you, we are automatically with Yoruba. I for one don't align myself with either Yorubas or you Igbos.. You annoying Biafrans are always rambling about how you're being marginalized in "Nigeria" and that Edos are just fighting for Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba crumbs, when that's far from the truth. The Edos have suffered the most ever since the amalgamation of Nigeria in the forms of suppression and corrupt leadership, yet we don't bi.tch about it like you do.

Silly comment from a greedy, brainless, parasitic ingrate and Ab0ki ass-licker.

In deed you and your people don't raise a voice against the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity because you have only survived and flourished therein at the expense of others.

Do Igbos go about harassing, destroying your means of livelihoods, maiming and killing your people?

So, why would you lots seek unnecessary attention by claiming Igbos want to force you into their affairs? Are you kids?

Why would you lots not respect yourselves by staying off IPOB affairs and minding your business?

Why don't you channel your energies to your course without attacking the Igbos?

That you colluded with the enemy in 1967-70 to commit genocide on your supposed Anioma brothers in Delta State should be a concern to you unrepentant bigots.

There's freedom of association and so you're ever free to merge yourselves with other groups of your choice. Leave Igbos out of your miseries.

Igbos rarely share common value system with you and therefore don't need you.

The earlier you begin to respect yourselves the better for your survival.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by tsdarkside(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
xtrorse:

Usobo man, Igbos are not your mates in any level as to warrant your frequent tirades online.

For no just cause you malign the Great Igbo Nation at will, and you think you can go scot-free? Not all!

If you and your people are a force to reckon you'd have faced your slave masters who plunder and rape the commonwealth and resources to better their own region, religion and elites.

I'd advise you go cure the maggots feasting on your brain that have made you not to respect yourself and your tribe.

that you even mention the word commonwealth to me is an insult...i dont give a shiit about what the white-man want to name a banana-tree....i already named the tree thousands of years ago,before the oyibo-man learnd how to clean his yansh...soooo...dont pissss me off...first go read a book,and return and confront me,,,,i am tired of throwing around insults.... angry angry angry angry
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
xtrorse:

Silly comment from a greedy, brainless, parasitic ingrate and Ab0ki ass-licker.

In deed you and your people don't raise a voice against the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity because you have only survived and flourished therein at the expense of others.

Do Igbos go about harassing, destroying your means of livelihoods, maiming and killing your people?

So, why would you lots seek unnecessary attention by claiming Igbos want to force you into their affairs? Are you kids?

Why would you lots not respect yourselves by staying off IPOB affairs and minding your business?

Why don't you channel your energies to your course without attacking the Igbos?

That you colluded with the enemy in 1967-70 to commit genocide on your supposed Anioma brothers in Delta State should be a concern to you unrepentant bigots.

There's freedom of association and so you're ever free to merge yourselves with other groups of your choice. Leave Igbos out of your miseries.

Igbos rarely share common value system with you and therefore don't need you.

The earlier you begin to respect yourselves the better for your survival.

I don't seek aboki approval, hell most Esans and Benins don't even relate to most of Edo North because of fundamental cultural differences so how do I love abokis you thick headed dummy. I wasn't even born during the Civil War so I don't have guilty conscience when it comes to that. And your threats are just empty. Chill out and stop saying arrant nonsense.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2015
aim5:
I don't seek aboki approval, hell most Esans and Benins don't even relate to most of Edo North because of fundamental cultural differences so how do I love abokis you thick headed dummy. I wasn't even born during the Civil War so I don't have guilty conscience when it comes to that. And your threats are just empty. Chill out and stop saying arrant nonsense.
tsdarkside:
that you even mention the word commonwealth to me is an insult...i dont give a shiit about what the white-man want to name a banana-tree....i already named the tree thousands of years ago,before the oyibo-man learnd how to clean his yansh...soooo...dont pissss me off...first go read a book,and return and confront me,,,,i am tired of throwing around insults.... angry angry angry angry

It will do you much good if you respect yourselves and channel your energies towards consolidating your OduaArewanistan republic where you're most needed by your masters...

Silly rants from confused beings!
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by monex(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
sandraokosun:
edo is one and libral. Evidence it voted for pdp president and apc governor, house of assembly. The only reason why edo and the SS concur to an extent with igbo is on gej, but to loose EDO OR SS lands to igbo. The SS resist that, when the real war comes. Ths is just mere noise of biafra attempting to secced SS LAND

when you talk about Edo liberalism and diversity and then you say Edo dont want Biafra, you contradict yourself.

I am Edo and I dont want Biafra but trust me when I say i know Esans who prefer to align with Igbos and biafra than yorubas. Edo is so diverse that within the same LGA you could have yoruba speaking and igbo speaking indigenes.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Dedetwo(m): 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
Except Igbneke people, Edo state can never be included in the minor agenda of Ndiigbo in pursuit of self determination. Any groups of people that labeled themselves neutral are inherent dumbass fence sitters. They are usual of no good. It is a waste of Internet bandwidth and useless way to attract public attention for groups of people to announce any form of separation from a certain group that does not remotely regard them as a member. There are certain groups of people in Nigeria I personally regarded as pigs.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Dedetwo(m): 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Enahi:

The truth will shock you, I don't see Edo, ijaw,Itsekiri and am not so sure of Ikweres joining you guys. You can still actualize your Biafra dream though if you can also support others to have theirs. Life is give and take, work on the 5 Eastern States and watch your dream come true faster than you expected. Stop trying to include other states, that makes you look greedy and unserious. Much love ❤ from me to you.

Honestly, there are certain characters in Nigeria I shall never regard as compatriots. This single philosophy tends to spur the urge for disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Deadlytruth(m): 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
I have gone through this thread and would just chip in the following as someone from the former Midwestern Region which was largely peopled by Edo and Edoid tribes.
1. Edo people's coming out today to warn against being included in the Biafra plan is not out of playing "notice me" or meddlesomeness in Igbo/Biafra business as some Igbos seem to suggest here. It is rather a forewarning they find necessary and justified given how Biafran soldiers invaded Benin City, Warri and many other Midwestern towns even though the Midwesterners declared themselves neutral. As long as Biafrans once invaded Edo lands suddenly in 1967 without due consultation, then the Edo and Edoid peoples' fear of a possible repeat of history is justified and by extension also justifies their fore warnings against Biafrans in the face of the current re-surfacing of Biafra agitations. Moreover Biafran soldiers invaded them when they declared they were neutral. They obviously don't want to repeat the mistake of neutral posturing hence their attempt to take a clear and unequivocal stand ahead now and make it known. Once beaten twice shy
2. The attempt to declassify Edo as a SS state based on some spurious logic such as its upper and lower boundary latitudes is at best funny. Firstly the average Bendelite cherishes the Bendelian classification more than the SS classification because of the fact that each ethnic nationality of Bendel voted with their freewill to be part of it in 1963 making Bendel the only legally created constituency in the history of Nigeria unlike every other region or state in Nigeria. The role of free will and the peoples' consent in the creation of Bendel still manifests till today among Bendelites in the form of deep love, mutual trust, mutual respect that transcends religious plurality and as well overshadows the current political party differences between Edo and Delta States. This obviously is the love and brotherhood Ifeanyi Okowa manifested a refusal to path ways with by declaring that Anioma can't be in Biafra and based his reason more on Aniomas being in Bendel than being in the South-South. This love is further boosted by the fact that the first memorandum demanding for a split of Bendel was submitted to the FG by people now in the Edo State part meaning that Edo State people were not after the crude oil of the Delta State parts as Edo has abundant gas deposits and a myriad of solid minerals which are not found in Delta. Moreover whenever Edo people propose a future republic for themselves ahead of the possible disintegration of Nigeria they don't ever suggest the inclusion of Delta State in it..... a clear indication that Edo is not after Delta's oil but is confident in its fertile lands, gas deposits, solid minerals, etc as economic base for their future republic. It is even common to hear a Delta person dream of Bendel Republic that will include Edo and Delta states, meaning that they feel free with Edo state as Edo has never tried to forcefully pull Delta State into its envisaged Edo Republic. In fact Edo is wary of Delta's militancy. This should serve as a lesson to Biafra agitators that people freely identify with you more when you don't try to force them.
3. The SS classification is a recent trend aimed uniting all the southern minorities as much as possible in order to free them from WAZOBIA domination and sub identity. It is not about these minorities' states' proximity to the North or West, or the presence/absence in them of riverine culture or any of those purely geographical parameters used by Igbos here to declassify Edo as a state of the SS which though Edo and Delta States still view as an attempt to undermine and undo their much cherished Bendelian classification. If Ogoja state had become a reality would its location on the extreme northern fringe of the SS make it a Northern state? If the boundaries of Enugu state were to be adjusted so as to carve into Enugu all the Igbos villages currently in Benue state as Igbos are currently demanding, then that readjusted Enugu State will obviously extend more Northwards than the Northernmost part of Edo State, and the Southernmost parts of Enugu will still remain less Southern than the Southernmost parts of Edo. Will that automatically make Enugu a Northern state? On the arguement of Edo being in the Southwest and Delta being in the SS as proposed by Igbos here, I don't get the basis because being geographically western means being located more to the West longitude wise. But Edo is perfectly vertically resting on top of Delta thus they are exactly on the same range of longitudes. Neither tilts to the West more than the other. So how is Edo to the West and Delta to the East? The regions of Nigeria are geopolitical and not Geographical. Only an half educated folk will use these two terms interchangeably. And that's why half-baked education is more dangerous than outright illiteracy. Kogi has an arm that extends deep into the South hence the current oil well/boundary disagreements between Kogi and Anambra. Does that make Kogi a Southern of even SEastern State? Whoever therefore wants to smuggle purely geographical criteria into it must first remove Enugu and Ebonyi from SE and place Kogi in the South East before pulling Edo into the North or West.
5. On the use of the assumed level of Muslim population in Edo-North to declassify Edo State as a SS state: I pity the Ignorance of those Igbos involved in it here. They obviously are ignorant of the fact that Edo State by virtue of its location, specifically the Etsako axis, was the corridor through which the Uthman Dan Fodio era Jihadists attempted an entry into Southern Nigeria in a manner as sudden and as unexpected as that of the Biafran Army in Benin in 1967, and were defeated at Auchi and environs where they met the strength of the Benin Kingdom as Etsako people are also migrants from Old Benin Kingdom. However before their defeat they had expectedly forcefully made converts to their religion. If not for the war prowess of Edo people the Jihadist would have penetrated further South and into the Nri Kingdom of the Igbos and islamise Igbos very easily as Igbos were neither warriors then nor organized into any monarchical system with a standing army to fight off a sudden invasion. Igbos should rather be thankful to Edo people for preventing the islamization of the lower Niger areas which Igbo land is part of. No tribe would be in Edo North's location without conceding a loss of its population to Islam at the invasion of a mighty Jihadist force. However there are three major ethnic divisions in Edo North namely; Akoko-Edo, Etsako and Owan. It is only in Etsako, in Auchi to be specific, that there is a relatively high percentage of Muslims (40%)due to what I have already explained, though Christian evangelism keeps reducing the Muslim population daily. In fact there are prsently more churches than mosques in Auchi. On the other hand Akoko-Edo and Owan are each 96% Christian and the populations of Akoko-Edos and Owans put together is well higher than that of Etsakos alone. So the religious mapping Igbos are bringing in has failed woefully. Only Ingrate tribes will mock Edo for a the vestiges of a war it fought to protect and defend the liberty of they themselves.
Don't forget that Edo State however still cherishes the Bendelian classification more than the SS nomenclature. Thank you.
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Duru1(m): 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
sandraokosun:
first i dont do impersonation of monikers, am an edo man, and the moniker is just a remberance of my sister i lost. Back to topic.
I speak for all edolites and to a big percent of the SS. We edolites no matter our differencies of bini, esan,afemai, agree that if at all their is a seccesion we want to be neutral at best form our alliance with the SS ALONE. We have common origin with delta frm bendel days, to bayelsa and rivers with the ikas and efons plus we have many ijaw settlements. We believe that succession if it exist, every tribe just be of its accord and nt force another to it becos it thinks that tribe is Indebted to it. Otherwise that would be another slavery in another seccession. Every state has intra ethnic conflict even within it eg ijaw, urhobo. Not to talk of a major ethnic group conquering it again, because of what it hopes to benefit. We as Edo have the right to say the BIAFRAS should leave our SS REGION alone, it shouldnt disturb our unity and rub us into war, Biafra should concentrate on their IGBO STATEs. We are nt against break up, but every region should fight for its independence alone. We knw the war is never easy and we are nt ready for experiment, if BIAFRA can fight for their freedom, good, they we knw we shld fight for ours. With the SS DIVERSITY, even if other SS states still wish to further go alone, we are ok. We hear talk of nigeria is ZOO, THE ZOO MUST FALL. But those cowards only bear their talk on a faceless forum, hoping for a demonstration of the gullible who want to die. As long as the EAST pledge its absolute surrender to the NIGERIA STATE after the civil war. The president of the NIGERIA STATE have the right to defend its STATE against internal or external aggression. As we speak we have more igbos who by the way dont give a hoot about BIAFRA living in lagos and other nigeria states than the number of igbos living in IGBOLAND. Finally it remains an ABERATION AND CONTRADITION THAT THE GREATEST FORCE BEHIND THE ILL FATED PROGECT BIAFRA (ojukwu) led his LAB RATS to the war, abscounded, gallavanted, returned to surrender all to the NIGERIA STATE, and later begged to be president of the same NIGERIA STATE, a dream he died without fulfilling, giving him two greatest regrets to choose from whether @his madness that killed his people @the foolishness of begging to be president of a state he went to war with.
JUST TO SET THE RECORD
STRAIGHT. Edolities arent
bothered one bit on the dreams
which a group of person(biafra)
choose to foam about in their
mouth. Its doa. Ojukwu has appoloised for wasting the
nation resources used in killing
his lab rats and regretted his
decision. The ONLY ISSUE EDOLITES
AND SS have with biafra is the
noise and nussiance they make abt their aggitations. If u brave
enough go to war with ur 'zoo'
country and stop constituting
disturbance to nigeria airways,
forums and lithering the place. If
u cant go to war go to UN to submit petition. The nigeria govt
has a right to defend its internal
and external territory and its at
no time ready to grant biafra
referandum Not becos biafra is
so relevant to nigeria but becos it understand the complexity of
what it want(SS LAND AND OIL).
So you know the position of the
FG why nt go to war with it,
other than this wail and rant
online where u knw u cant carry even a placard on the street.

The above flippant Edo perspective of Biafra is as good as your worthless brain. Besides Igbnake, any other part of Edo State can be sold off to Oduduwa Republic or Islamic Caliphate of Arewa. The dumbass crude oil does not factor into the strategic thoughts of self governance of Nidigbo and its allies. Crude oil has done a great disservice to the cesspit called Nigeria yet a ninny such as you cannot discern it. Who wants a dingbat as compatriot?
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 02, 2019
Wow just saw this thread, I think the op should have only spoken for Edoid community not the whole of south south
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 02, 2019
Trut:
OP,

Edo is not part of Biafra, we don't need Edo people in Biafra. Allow other SS ethnic groups to speak for themselves in the Biafra struggle, you can't decide for them.
no sane Edo blood would want to go with igbos in their Biafra nonsense
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 02, 2019
stanech:
Op u got it all wrong. Biafra involves all igbo speaking people. So if biafra is formed today we will ask the igbankes (in edo state) to join.

Another thing we are not going to force anyone to join us. We will not allow any one who wants to go with us to be left behind. As for the Bini esan and etsako people they have always been with the yorubas so we don't care about them. Peace out.
low IQ people, because Britain have many English speaking country doesn't mean they will claim it.

Igbos should go with their 5 landlock nonsense
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 02, 2019
pazienza:
"Biafra should concentrate on their IGBO STATEs"

Yes, Edo should concentrate on Edo state.
yeah 5 landlock state
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 02, 2019
pazienza:
We are nt against break up, but every region should fight for its independence alone. We knw the war is never easy and we are nt ready for experiment, if BIAFRA can fight for their freedom, good, they we knw we shld fight for ours. With the SS DIVERSITY, even if other SS states still wish to further go alone, we are ok. We hear talk of nigeria is ZOO, THE ZOO MUST FALL

Again, Edo must learn to speak for Edo only and stop using ambiguous terms like "we" to claim to speak for groups in the defunct Eastern region and Anioma.

Edos must realize that SS is not a region recognized by Nigerian constitution, SS is a geo political zone, and non Of the geo political zones are constitutional.

Edo must first learn to manage the DIVERSITY in Edo state, before it can start thinking of the Diversity in the SS.
just like there are many ethnicity in south East, Edo state is just part of Benin

Kanu asslicker

1 Like

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2019
Donmedra:
low IQ people, because Britain have many English speaking country doesn't mean they will claim it.

Edo is landlocked. Gelegele belongs to Ijaws.

1 Like

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Deadlytruth(m): 10:15am On Jan 02, 2019
pazienza:

The Gelegele issue has been decided by the Supreme Court and Binis won with unassailable evidence so much that even Ijaws no longer formally contend it.
Biafra is rather the only landlocked entity in the South, and so shall it remain.

3 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 10:50am On Jan 02, 2019
Deadlytruth:

The Gelegele issue has been decided by the Supreme Court and Binis won with unassailable evidence so much that even Ijaws no longer formally contend it.
Biafra is rather the only landlocked entity in the South, and so shall it remain.

Supreme Court of Nigeria whose powers will come to end the moment Nigeria expires and Ijaws get their own independent nation.

Gelegele remains Ijawland. They have a monarchy fully installed there.

Meanwhile, can I see a copy of this Supreme Court ruling on Gelegele, cos I belong to a pan Ijaw facebook group, and the feeling there is that Ijaw will not leave any iota of its territories in Edo, including Gelegele, to Binis.

2 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2019
On the land locked issue, the same access to Atlantic that owning Gelegele will grant to Edo state, is the same access to the Atlantic, the Cross River at Afikpo Ebonyi and Imo river at Obuaku Ndoki Abia State grants SE.

If SE is landlocked because it has no direct sea coast or access, except via Rivers that empty directly into the Atlantic, then Edo state even if the Ijaws leave Gelegele for you(Which they will never do) will also be landlocked because it's only via River that runs through Delta state territory, that you have access to Atlantic, via Gelegele (A disputed Ijaw territory).

2 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2019
Donmedra:
just like there are many ethnicity in south East, Edo state is just part of Benin

Kanu asslicker

Yes, we have Igala, Kele and Idomas in SE. But unlike Bini, we don't claim their lands, neither do we try to stop them from coronating their traditional rulers in imperialistic bid to subjugate them under our own traditional rulers, like Binis have shamelessly done to Olodiama Kingdom of Ijaw in Edo state.

In Anambra radio station, News are broadcasted in Igbo and Igala.
We don't try to claim their lands simply because we are in same state with them, by claiming that they are settlers in their indigenous lands.
Bini has always been imperialists. Your gimmicks in Gelegele against the minority Ijaws there, are not surprising.

2 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 11:19am On Jan 02, 2019
Donmedra:

You are the one who who should check your IQ.

The British were colonists who invaded, subjugated and ruled over the indigenous people of places outside Britain where English is the lingua franca today, including Nigeria. Even so, many of these English countries still have their own Indigenous languages which are totally unrelated or mutually intelligible with English Language.

On the other hand. Ndiigbo never invaded or ruled over communities outside SE where IGBO language is the indigenous language today . Ndiigbo unlike the British are no empire builders.
Furthermore, communities outside SE where Igbo language is spoken, have no other indigenous language, except their own versions of Igbo dialect, which they have been speaking since their existence.

4 Likes

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by IamAtikulate: 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
I don't understand this kind delusion. The Biafran struggle has never included Edo or any of the yoruboid ethnic groups in the SS. So Edo should stop disgracing themselves because we don't even care if they exist or not.

During the war when Ojukwu liberated them from the Federal forces, he allowed them to declare their Benin Republic and they couldn't even hold it for 24 hours. If we had ulterior motives, Ojukwu would have subjugated it and deploy his soldiers there and use Edo as the base to launch offensive to Lagos thereby shielding our homeland.

Before the war started, Ojukwu Generals advised him to extend the Northern borders to Benue and use that land to launch offensive to the North thereby protecting Enugu which shares borders with the enemies. Ojukwu again refused.

So Edo should learn to stick to their business. We don't want them. We will only have problem with them when they lay claim to any Igbo land.

As for Gele Gele, I dey laugh them because the Ijaws I know also laughing at them to finish the sea port. Ijaws installed their King and the Oba gave them ultimatum and till date, Ijaws still have their king.

Niger Delta Republic will reclaim Gele Gele at the right time.

1 Like

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Xander85: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Leaving the Igbo component of Biafra aside...and whether Igboland is 'landlocked' or not, how can you say with any degree of certainty that Biafra is 'landlocked' when you don't know the ethnicities it will comprise of?

Assuming Biafra is made up of just Ndigbo, how can it be 'landlocked' when it has access to the sea via Obuaku? Or you think if Biafra (Igbo only) comes into being, that the likes of Akwa/Cross and Ijaws would still want to share the same country with you primitive and hateful lot? Of course you don't, and this is why you don't even want to entertain the possibility of holding a referendum b'cos you have a strong inkling what the outcome would be! wink

1 Like

Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
pazienza:

and the Ijaws are under us, we'll continue ruling them till Jesus come.

It's now Benin port not gelegele
Re: View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive by pazienza(m): 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
Donmedra:
and the Ijaws are under us, we'll continue ruling them till Jesus come.

It's now Benin port not gelegele

Well, Gelegele has no coastline on the Atlantic.
Even if you steal Gelegele from Ijaws, you will still be landlocked ( going by your criteria of judging the SE as landlocked), seeing as Gelegele is only connected to the Atlantic by the Bini River, which flow through Ilaje/Itsekiri territories, before making it's way to the Atlantic.
If the Itsekiri/Ilaje refuse you passage through the water bodies passing through their lands, you will still remain landlocked. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Army Destroys Boko-Haram Camps In Alagarno, Sambisa Forests [PHOTOS] / COVID-19 Sends 2023 Aspirants Underground / Saraki, Oshiomhole Raise Alarm Over Alleged Plot To Destabilise Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.