Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,067 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows (33439 Views)

Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music / 5 Female Artistes That Slept While Tiwa Savage Was On Maternity Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by Titony1(f): 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
NB.Darey never was a contestant in project fame..But anchored d first edition of project fame. He won a reality show which was held in South Africa can't remember the name, should av won but was asked a question wat he was gonna do if left with a kid n he jokingly said "rape" which was rampant in South Africa as at then.
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by EbiJUNIRO(m): 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
Iamsynord:
1) Iyanya- After Winning the Maiden Edition of Mtn Project Fame ,Iyanya released his First album .True Story.However,The Dtunes produced Kukere brought him natiomwide fame and recognition and he has not looked back since then dropping hits like Your waist.Sexy mama ft Wizkid.Flavour.Mr Oreo as well co forming Triple MG ,a record label housing Tekno and Selebobo,winning several awards with Endorsement from MTN and Zinox.

2) Omawunmi- After Losing To Timi Dakolo in the First West African Idols as 1st runner up in 2007.the Law Graduate of Ambrose Alli university kept on pursuing her Dreams and Churned out hits like in the music, If you ask Me.Somori,Bottom belle ft Flavour.Megbele with many awards and endorsements from Globacom.mortein and Onga as well as maintaining a quite scandal free life.

3) Darey- After Clinching the Runner up of Mtn Project Fame , Darey son of Popular Musician.Art alade Continued on his music Journey with various hits like Style na Style ft 9ice.Fuji music.Not the Girl.Ba ni kidi ,Sisi Eko and many more .He has several awards to his credit and Co owns Soul music with acts like Mo eazy and niniola.

4) Yemi Alade - Yemi Alade Won the Maiden Edition of The Peak Gots Talent Show. She dropped a Couple of Songs but none rose to prominence like Her Smash hit ,Johnny. She followed up with Tangerine and followed up with her debut Queen of kings album housing hits like pose.Taking over and many more. She has many accolades and awards .

5) Timi Dakolo - Timi Dakolo ,aka King of Nigeria's Soul music is the winner of the Maiden West Africa idol in 2007.He is known for his powerful voice and thoughtful lyrics with hits such as Iyawo mi.Nigeria and Wish me Well.

Notable Mentions

Chindima ( project fame)
Kida kudz ( peak talent)
Praiz. ( project fame)

written by IamSynord

What of Timaya and D likes of Chidima etc?
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
All dose saying Darey !!! Pls Check Google and Stop Making Uninformed Statements.Thanks
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
Psquare,ASA and Mr Raw Featured on Star Quest 2002 and lost to Kcee Fresh Lmao
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by Michael1988: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Searching for a sugarmummy, sugargirl or sugardaddy?

Then search no more! Sugarmummy15 is a new sugarmummy agency that help young guys and ladies to get connected to sugarmummies, sugargirls or sugardaddy close to their location. BBM: 25C084DE or. check our twitter page: @SUGARMUMMY15.

-Sugarmummy15
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by feminineA: 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
Titony1:
NB.Darey never was a contestant in project fame..But anchored d first edition of project fame. He won a reality show which was held in South Africa can't remember the name, should av won but was asked a question wat he was gonna do if left with a kid n he jokingly said "rape" which was rampant in South Africa as at then.
Thank you! was about to say thus coz I followed that show. He didn't say rape technically he said let's get her pregnant. I agree, he was the best
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by xenten: 9:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
banky222:
[b][/b]STOP DISPLAYING YOUR IGNORANCE HERE. PLEASE MAKE GOOGLE YOUR FRIEND.

2004 edition was not sponsored by MTN. Moreover, it was not well publicised as the MTN sponsored version. Pls. Be courteous and stop insulting people you don't know. Darey was also an anchorman for the 1st edition of project fame west africa

1 Like

Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by 2dice(m): 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
Iamsynord:
Cc 2dice Redcard1 Softvio Shockwave91 hatux
where is Limpopo Master ...
I need to go download Dare -Fuji music
I love that Song like mart grin
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by femi4: 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
How does omawummi take prominence over chidima? There is indeed God!
Chidinma is not up to 5yrs in the music industry
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
2dice:
where is Limpopo Master ... I need to go download Dare -Fuji music I love that Song like mart grin
Lol Was he signed to Kennis music that time ??
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by 2dice(m): 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
Iamsynord:

Lol Was he signed to Kennis music that time ??
aiite
Dare
Omawunmi
Chidinma
Timi Dakolo
The Rest na Pangolo
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by softvio(m): 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
Wow! Now seeing it..was offline tru awt da day..

Iamsynord:
Cc 2dice Redcard1 Softvio Shockwave91 hatux
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by Nobody: 3:00am On Sep 17, 2015
ok...
Re: Top Five Nigerian Artistes That Started From Music Reality Shows by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
dominique:

As in!!! I don't know why people still contest in that idol show. Etisalat doesn't do much to promote them after the season. Most of them just fade to oblivion after the show wraps.

u know d funny thing, i don't even like project fame dat much. I never liked d way it was packaged and presented, so i've never seen a full season of it. But it's just hard not to notice that project fame does a better job @ discovering talents than idols. It makes Idols look like a cheap knockoff/copycat.

@bolded i think u just hit the nail on the head...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Olatunji Balogun Celebrates 60th Birthday (Photos) / Peter Okoye Shows His Music Studio / Don Jazzy Shares Throwback Pic With Mum On School End Of The Session Party Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.