Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? (802 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Eating Meat On Good Friday! / Do You Eat Meat On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? by ovo2000(m): 9:52am On Apr 11, 2009
As a Christians, Is it true that we should not eat Meat on Good Fridays?
Re: Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? by vanitty: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2009
As far as i Know only catholics don't eat meat on good fridays
Re: Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? by biina: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2009
ovo2000:

As a Christians, Is it true that we should not eat Meat on Good Fridays?
I think some people do it as a self sacrifice in memory of Christ
Re: Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? by 9jaman007: 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
The catholic church abstains from meat on ash Wednesday and good Friday its a a form of penance or fast or self

mortification. If you are not a catholic and you want to join in the fast, splendid.

Its just like every other church deciding to do a fast on a random day.
Re: Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? by emydon2(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2012
yes we should not eat anything that blood comes out of on good friday.is a way of mortification
Re: Is It True That We Should Not Eat meat On Good Fridays? by horladtop(m): 9:10am On Apr 06, 2012
He was despised; He bore our griefs and carried our sorrows. He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon Him and with His stripes we are healed. He was oppresed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not His mouth: He was brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, he opened nt His mouth. JESUS suffered all this because of you and I, make today the real day; call him into ur life and will surely give u eternity and a properous life. Happy Good friday.

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? / To All The Finger Pointers:Similarities between Christianity and Islam / After Death I.e In The Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.