Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

You’re Not My Flight Instructor? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You’re Not My Flight Instructor? (639 Views)

What Time Is Right To Purchase My Flight Ticket? / Meet The 23-year-old Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA Mubarak Bashir Abdu / Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You’re Not My Flight Instructor? by despam(m): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2015
A photographer for CNN was assigned to cover southern California’s wildfires last year. He wanted pictures of the heroic work the firefighters were doing as they battled the blazes.

When the photographer arrived on the scene, he realized that the smoke was so thick it would seriously impede, or even make impossible, his getting good photographs from the ground level. He requested permission from his boss to rent a plane and take photos from the air.

His request was approved and he used his cell phone to call the local county airport to charter a flight. He was told a single engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger. He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and shouted, “Let’s go!”

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and roared down the runway.

Once in the air, the photographer requested the pilot to, “Fly over the valley and make two or three low passes so I can take some pictures of the fires on the hillsides.”

“Why?” asked the pilot. “Because I’m a photographer for CNN,” he responded. “And, I need to get some close-up shots.”

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered, “So, what you’re telling me is…. You’re not my flight instructor?

Life is Short… Always Ask, Never Assume

Source: http://www.ofonimeessien.com/youre-not-my-flight-instructor/
Re: You’re Not My Flight Instructor? by tpiander: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: You’re Not My Flight Instructor? by Kay512: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ghen ghen...

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Studying At Corvinus University Budapest, Hungary. Masters Students / Dirilis Episode 41 HUM SITARAY 25 November 2015 HD Video / Lagos Metropolis Traffic Reports Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.