Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years (43038 Views)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Preator: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2015
Realist2:

We are all here, best graduating student, faculty of science, 2' yet jobless because of no connection.
Hmmn will gt dia soon. Quite pained when I see a lot of course mate who were quite brilliant stl at home jobless. I pray tns gt better for y'all soon
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by flokii: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2015
Realist2:

We are all here, best graduating student, faculty of science, 2' yet jobless because of no connection.

I am tempted to question your intelligence really...

so you can't even start networking or apply for voluntary roles in organisations..

you are there waiting for jobs to look for you all cos of your excellent 'la cram la pour' technique abi..

jst continue..
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by eminikansoso(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2015
Estorico:
My dear University of Ilorin might be one of the best in Nigeria in terms of standard, but there is just something behind that school. I have seen top Nigerians in Government and all other good companies came out from ABU, UNIBEN, UNILAG, OAU, U.I, even UNIPORT, UNN but how many top people in government or other good companies are from Unilorin? Its as if there is something behind that school. You read,they frustrate you and the frustration continues even after graduation except God intervenes.Apart from the current Kwara state governor that graduated from there,i don't know of anyone neither have i seen any in top places that came out from Unilorin. I am not surprised at that op's complaints cause that is just how it is. @ op,hope and trust in God alone,for He will surely make a way.
Na lie
I don't believe you
there are a lot of graduates from uni ilorin who occupied top positions in the country and same thing with Kwara poly where i graduated.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by cmax16: 10:20am On Sep 18, 2015
Am surprise hearing aid isn't available in Nigeria...this is a very simply case if it were to be in the UK.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Victor593(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2015
sorry ma, Nigeria your country has no regard for her citizens not even the handicapped wish you were a from Ghana.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Haywhymido(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Before you start shouting, which course did u go for sef, Agric Many students who went to study Agric are biting their finger in regret so, she should rather go back and study a good cause .

Every course is relevant somewhere. Correct yourself.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Any course which is actually practicable and realistic in Nigeria, sir.
Guy! No course grade guarantees u a job ok. like she said in her post "connection, godfatherism, tribalism" and other factors r d major determinants in getting a job in dis part of d world.
I just feel for op and I can imagine how so many dreams have been lost to lack of opportunity and finance. Every dream have a price and d price is money. We all need money to achieve our dreams. I just pray God provides us d desire job we all need IJN!!!
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Danny4show(m): 11:05am On Sep 18, 2015
Neplusultra:
And so?
Is she better dan others like her ? undecided
No..but she proves herself worthy among others like her..
A well able person knows what it takes to become a best graduating student not to talk of....
You cant just imagine the stress and pain she would have gone through..UNILORIN herself is termed STRESS..
So what are you talking about?
In william james voice : "The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated."
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 18, 2015
Estorico:
My dear University of Ilorin might be one of the best in Nigeria in terms of standard, but there is just something behind that school. I have seen top Nigerians in Government and all other good companies came out from ABU, UNIBEN, UNILAG, OAU, U.I, even UNIPORT, UNN but how many top people in government or other good companies are from Unilorin? Its as if there is something behind that school. You read,they frustrate you and the frustration continues even after graduation except God intervenes.Apart from the current Kwara state governor that graduated from there,i don't know of anyone neither have i seen any in top places that came out from Unilorin. I am not surprised at that op's complaints cause that is just how it is. @ op,hope and trust in God alone,for He will surely make a way.

Unilorin Notable alumni
Main list:
*.Sarah Alade, former acting Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.
*.Aize Obayan, former vice-chancellor, Covenant University.
*.Charles Ayo, present vice-chancellor, Covenant University.
*.Ezekiel Adebiyi, former head, Computer and Information Science department, Covenant University.
*.Nkem Owoh, award winning Nigerian comedic actor.
*.Abdul Rasheed Na'Allah, vice-chancellor, Kwara State University.
*.Ado J. G. Muhammad, director, Nigeria’s National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
*.Femi Adebayo, Nollywood actor.
*.Alhaji Abdulfatahi Ahmed, Governor of Kwara state.
*.Mrs. Folusho Olaniyan, MD/CEO UTC Nigeria ltd.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Ilorin?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6676598091

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Quality1632(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2015
My sister Almighty GOD will provide U a good job.
Almighty GOD will not forsake me also he will grant me a good&profitable job
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by bobestman(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2015
Dear you really challenged me.I have same prob with her too but mine is worst because i dnt understand lectures at all.I studied Agric education too in Umudike univ.I graduatd with 2.2,not the best but among them in my dept.Am waiting for NYSC too but them want to exempt me.Any hope for me to get a good job and what should i do to improve myself?Need advise.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2015
Memunah:
Please,Do you know where I can purchase this book in Lagos?

Hmmmn I'm not sure but if you follow Ayo sogunro on twitter, he gives details on how to get it.My brother got his from amazon.You can check this link

http://ayosogunro.com/my-books/

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Ayo25: 11:56am On Sep 18, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
BELIEVE ME, THAT GIRL IS GETTING MOUTH WATERING JOB OFFERS BEFORE THIS WEEK RUNS OUT
Don't be too sure o. Seems you are underrating how messed up things are in this country. Just pray for her and all unemployed graduates.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Memunah(f): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Hmmmn I'm not sure but if you follow Ayo sogunro on twitter, he gives details on how to get it.My brother got his from amazon.You can check this link

http://ayosogunro.com/my-books/

thanks
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
bobestman:
Dear you really challenged me.I have same prob with her too but mine is worst because i dnt understand lectures at all.I studied Agric education too in Umudike univ.I graduatd with 2.2,not the best but among them in my dept.Am waiting for NYSC too but them want to exempt me.Any hope for me to get a good job and what should i do to improve myself?Need advise.

LOL. I caught the humor intent of your post.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by bummyla(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
what a pity! please help her out Nigerians! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Blackkie: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hello lady,

You did absolutely well to bring your plight to the front row.
I am convinced you are a Nigerian and knew everything about Nigeria - ones certificate and automatic employment never rhymes.

But you deviated a lot by calling names and playing tribal!
Although the Sun news organization gave you a microphone to speak - you would have done better swinging the right sentiments that would have given you a better life.

You got a scholarship, you are connected to Delta state et al - these two options would have given a better lease of life if you have went after your desire with positive public relations.

Your condition can easily be taken up by an NGO, church, corporate organisation via their CRS or a celebrity but for the right appeal.
You can even still get full foreign scholarship to advance your education if you contact the right schools abroad.

Your packaging counts.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Blackkie: 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lets talk

bobestman:
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by bobestman(m): 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
ok.hw?
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
bamac:
you might v said the right thing, but, it is easier said than done. Remember that all of us cannot thread the same part, destiny differs

6yrs is a long time, she could have been a manager by now, she should try something else theres no harm in trying at least she will learn something.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by muredo(m): 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Miss Ruth,your case similar to mine,I supposed to get automatic appointment then at FUNAAB,immediately Prof Balogun bowed out as VC,the incumbent cancelled it.
But God is still alive for evermore,I put in for different scholarship programmes in Africa and overseas countries.
I am very happy today that because white people are not like Africa,if you merited it,they will give you,I was awarded two scholarships fully sponsored by EU to study Research Methods at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Kenya and Environmental Engineering at University of Nairobi.
I faced a problems of selection before I put in for Research Methods.
Today am living like a king,If I like after my program,I can put in for Nigeria, i f I don't like I start my own business with little money I gathered.
Don't waste yourself dear ,wake and apply like never before.
Opportunities yapa brekete,and to make it better for,you are FEMALE, WHAOOOOOO!!!!!!!
As am talking to you in front of me is another fellowship awarded me by an organisation to carry out my research in Nigeria worth 2 millions naira.
Please look out of context
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by amparas(m): 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
D there d wait for job. La cram la pour wey we d do for school no d yield anythin ooo. Look for somethin else abeg...
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by 4C2215131: 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
Preator:

Yea, na now I see am.
I posted it because I do empathize with her. In the days of Prof. Oloyede, she would have been given a job as the man rewards excellence. However, the current management seems not to appreciate academic excellence again. They did advertised a recruitment exercise In 2013 and not a single of the first class graduates in my faculty was called for interview (don't even know if anyone was called at all) yet new staff were recruited. You then ask urself, why go through the stress of getting a good grade when its seems to be about who you know?

I also believe if she had graduated from Uniben, she'd have been retained. Sure of that.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by 4C2215131: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
muredo:
Miss Ruth,your case similar to mine,I supposed to get automatic appointment then at FUNAAB,immediately Prof Balogun bowed out as VC,the incumbent cancelled it.
But God is still alive for evermore,I put in for different scholarship programmes in Africa and overseas countries.
I am very happy today that because white people are not like Africa,if you merited it,they will give you,I was awarded two scholarships fully sponsored by EU to study Research Methods at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Kenya and Environmental Engineering at University of Nairobi.
I faced a problems of selection before I put in for Research Methods.
Today am living like a king,If I like after my program,I can put in for Nigeria, i f I don't like I start my own business with little money I gathered.
Don't waste yourself dear ,wake and apply like never before.
Opportunities yapa brekete,and to make it better for,you are FEMALE, WHAOOOOOO!!!!!!!
As am talking to you in front of me is another fellowship awarded me by an organisation to carry out my research in Nigeria worth 2 millions naira.
Please look out of context
God bless you.

Hear ye! Hear ye!!
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
How will they get a job or even retain one when it is not cramming. With the way Nigerian high institutions work, you are the best student if you are a good crammer! I ended up with third class but am better than our set's best graduating student who happenned to be a project mate (we had a common supervisor)! So there is no way the actual best will be short-listed in such settings embarassed

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Orikinla(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
[size=18pt]She is not jobless, but clueless.

Majority of Nigerians claiming to be jobless are actually clueless people.

Let her go to Andela, Co-Creation Hub and even UNICEF Nigeria.
She would have been employed long ago.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Lero15(m): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
machinegundammy:

Unilorin Notable alumni
Main list:
*.Sarah Alade, former acting Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.
*.Aize Obayan, former vice-chancellor, Covenant University.
*.Charles Ayo, present vice-chancellor, Covenant University.
*.Ezekiel Adebiyi, former head, Computer and Information Science department, Covenant University.
*.Nkem Owoh, award winning Nigerian comedic actor.
*.Abdul Rasheed Na'Allah, vice-chancellor, Kwara State University.
*.Ado J. G. Muhammad, director, Nigeria’s National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).
*.Femi Adebayo, Nollywood actor.
*.Alhaji Abdulfatahi Ahmed, Governor of Kwara state.
*.Mrs. Folusho Olaniyan, MD/CEO UTC Nigeria ltd.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Ilorin?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6676598091

No mind am jare
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
Sad, and it raises a bigger question:

"Why are we having more graduates who are not
adding value to the marketplace?"

Try talking to any elderly lecturer and he will
tell you of the glory days back in the 60s when as
soon as you finished your studies, various
companies and organizations were falling over
themselves to give you mouth-watering jobs.

But this is 2015 A.D. And (to put it mildly)
things have changed.

Today's graduates need to understand that nobody
owes them a job. 1960-thinking just won't cut it
today.

You have to find your own relevance in the
marketplace. Stop parading that worn-out CV.

Find out whose problem you can solve and get busy.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by malaria(f): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
papiforreal:

I am starting to think it is better to be street smart than book smart these days.
Street is not meant for every body, it's for the wise, fast and furious. It's in the street, you go know people wey allow school pass through them. Street is military
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Aude(f): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
kaeforum:

6years and counting, who knows what God has in store, may be He wants her to o into business, the real challenge in showin the world that your a graduate is to be creative, look for problems in the society and profer practical solutions to them , you will be rewarded thats a fact.

Nobody owes you a job, she has to try something and stop waiting for govt job, having hig grades is different from having practical skills and know how.

She needs a change of mindset , she should stop promoting her disability, its the reason why she hasnt gotten a job.

She should tell prospective employers about her strenght and abilities and stop asking for sympathy from people.

I totally agree with you. She just expects everything to be handed to her. A lot of the people whom you see in the corporate world started from somewhere. They didn't graduate and then were handed cushy jobs immediately. What experience does she have that she expects to be given a job in a university? During this past couple of years how has she developed her skills? How many application forms has she filled and has she volunteered anywhere in order to gain practical experience. She should stop resting on her past laurels and realize that theoretical knowledge is different from practical experience. The job market is full of graduates most of them with masters degrees. The key is how do you differentiate yourself from the others? What do you have to bring to the table?
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by kingstonPhilip(m): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
This post is not titled well. It may lead to uniilorin losing her candidates due to fear that they might be jobless later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny C.v Written By A Lady Looking For A Job In A Big Company / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.