Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? (1311 Views)

10 Signs An Introvert Is In Love With You / The Difference Between Introvert And Quiet Personality / I Look Dull, Am An Introvert And Am A Chronic Stammerer Only Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
How Can an Introvert and Extrovert Have a Great Relationship?

Extroverts and introverts are known to have the best of the relationships, just by bringing in the right balance required in a relationship.

You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.

According to popular belief, introverts are those who are shy, nervous, apprehensive, and basically loners. But that's not really true, because they are the types who feel happiest when they are with themselves. Rumors about how they hate company and are antisocial is utter hogwash! They enjoy company just like extroverts do; it's just that they take time to open up to people.

Extroverts, on the other hand, love company. They get energized when they are around people. It's like they thrive on getting and giving attention to others. I am not saying this is a bad way at all, because this exact quality of theirs draws people to them, making them loved by everyone around them.

Opposites attract, and this theory is absolutely personified in the case of an introvert-extrovert relationship. The chemistry and dynamics in this relationship is phenomenal, making the kinship very enjoyable. The following points may help in giving you a broader aspect on how to make such a relationship work.

Dynamics of an Introvert-Extrovert Relationship

How to Handle Differences

If you are the introvert in your relationship, this section is specially for you. Every time any serious issue pops up, do you have the tendency to shut yourself up from your better half? Do you do your own introspection, but keep him/her out of the loop? That's the first thing that extroverts find annoying. They have this need to be told about things that are happening in your life. By shutting yourself up, all you are doing is just making matters worse. Open out to your special someone, share your problems, discuss things, 'cause you never know, you might just get the best solution to your problem by doing so!

Being the extrovert in the relationship, it's in your basic nature to be very open and vociferous about your thoughts, and you usually do that with your friends. Well buddy, that's where you go wrong. Even though introverts are in their own world most of the time, either reading or thinking, they feel special if you talk to only them about your problems. They need someone to share things with them, so that they can reciprocate it. Confronting your partner is another big no-no; instead be calm and have a nice chat with them regarding whatever issue you are facing. Being an extrovert is wonderful because you have the power to bring your introvert partner out of their shell.

Socializing Aspects

Introverts love their solitude, but they do not mind small social gatherings of just very close people. But if you put them in a situation where there are around 20 people in the same room, they do feel very out of place. The best thing to do here for introverts as well as extroverts (to avoid conflict) is to make a small compromise. The introvert can open themselves out a little and host a few gatherings of a small group of people, and the extrovert can help out wherever he/she can to make the other more comfortable. Instead of having a party every week, you can limit the frequency to every alternate week instead. Try not to overload your introvert partner with too many social obligations; instead ease them into the whole social scene.

The extrovert can also suggest small romantic dinners or outings, just so that the introvert feels special (introverts love romantic and cozy scenes). Show the introvert the joy of going out and letting their hair down once in a while! On the other hand, the introvert can also do a few things like showing and explaining to the extrovert the good aspects of having some time alone.

Respecting Your Partner's Space

After a hard day's work, most introverts just love coming home and spending at least an hour with themselves, to cool down and gather their thoughts. In such cases, the extroverts can run their partner a nice bath, or keep a cup of tea or coffee ready for them. These are small gestures, but they never go unnoticed. But sometimes, especially with younger couples, the introvert comes home, expecting some peace and quietness, but the extrovert ends up bombarding him/her with questions about their day. Even though this is done in good spirits, it just ends up leading to the infamous 'silent treatment' or a fight. Instead, give your partner his space, and things will always be good that way.

Instead of flaring up if you come home to someone asking you too many questions, you could just come home, try to clear your thoughts, gather your energy, and then be ready with arms wide open for all the inquisitions.

What to Do When You Are in the Friend Zone

Introvert-extrovert relationships also cover friendships. They make amazing and long-lasting friends. How? Extroverts help bring the introverts out of their cocoon, by making them open up. They introduce them to people, make them comfortable around others, and show them a different way of living, by making them have fun in life. The introvert, on the other hand, influences the extrovert in such a way that he becomes more focused, grounded, and serious about what he wants out of life.

Where the extrovert shows the introvert a broader aspect of life and how to enjoy being around people, the introvert shows the extrovert how small things in life are important. Both influence each other in a way that both personalities get balanced, and each flourish in their professional and personal life because of it.

The bottom line is that if you love your partner or friend, you will always see the good in your relationship. It does not matter, who the introvert or extrovert is in your relationship; all that matters is that you'll care about each other and are willing to do anything to put a smile on your partner's face.
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Eeser: 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
At least me and INTROVERT are carrying on fine. Lol
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by olafum1(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
They r d perfect match sef cool
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by dharay99: 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
by deleting d "IN" & "EX"
b4 dia names.!
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by adonbilivit: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
if u an introvert just forget your EX. it won't still work
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Godfullsam(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
believe it or not ,they make the best relationship. Especially if the man is introvert abd the woman is extrovert.

1 Like

Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Cutehector(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
Some people r just so boring u wee feel like shoutin at dem.... cheesy
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by MizMyColi(f): 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
Openness, Sincerity, Trust, Selflessness and finally...Good Sexgrin

I'm an Ambivertsmiley
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
well actually, Am neither of those, so I guess that makes Me an AMBIVERT or an ALIEN.
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by psalmsonovic(m): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
They will be good together because two extrovert/introvert will definitely get bored and tired of another nature of themselves later.
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
MizMyColi:
Openness, Sincerity, Trust, Selflessness and finally...Good Sexgrin

I'm an Ambivertsmiley

great advert! ... kindly consider and approve my application cool
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
I don't think they're good match...Well, one would wanna spend Friday night partying.....another would wanna spend Friday night reading or watching a movie...One would prolly Hate socializing and The other Is a social freak..LoL! there's just too much Oppositions...
Well, like they say...opposite sides Attracts..smiley "grin"
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by MizMyColi(f): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
undecided
AdeniyiA:

great advert! ... kindly consider and approve my application cool
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by baralatie(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
who is an introvert?
who is an extrovert?
who is a human,a man,a woman
what is a relationship?

if two people see beyond "social labels and society sex tags" and believe in themselves that the are human beings with feelings and a choice to live together.I don't see any problem but when the two individuals see each other differently or are not attracted then don't push it!

there is nothing called opposite attract in relationship.it is either you are attracted or each wants to develop an attraction.
if it is not there,it is not there!
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by delectablegyal(f): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
I'm an introvert looking for an extrovert b.f. Call me on 07036963216

1 Like

Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
cry that's so awesome am an introvert, 90% of my life is a solitary one. Had an introvert ex didn't work out. This time I'd prefer an extrovert big time someone who can tackle me when am withdrawing.
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by 0luwatope(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Am an introvert and believe me, my relationship with a radio OAP has been fantastic cuz she is a conk extrovert
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by pet4ril(f): 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
perfect match
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by ThefemaleKing: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
the relationship is not going to be so great
grin
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by tpiander: 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
pcguru1:
cry that's so awesome am an introvert, 90% of my life is a solitary one. Had an introvert ex didn't work out. This time I'd prefer an extrovert big time someone who can tackle me when am withdrawing.

is it my imagination or do you seem to be in between girlfriends a lot?
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
tpiander:

is it my imagination or do you seem to be in between girlfriends a lot?

at all, at least that would have been something to brag about, only had 1 relationship in my life, unless we are counting Employer-Employee relationship and all. I know right, i always mention "ex" alot right ?

UPDATE: However i do have a fictional girlfriend called "victoria" if you ever hear me say my girlfriend victoria or write anything about victoria just know am lying, prob trying not to feel left out by other dudes lying to me about their escapades grin
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by tpiander: 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
^ yes, you've been mentioning exes for years now.

You seem to always be in between relationships.
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2015
tpiander:
^ yes, you've been mentioning exes for years now.

You seem to always be in between relationships.

Well it's complicated there's only one ex and the rest are just babes I assumed i was in a relationship with grin, but to think about it, i guess they were exes to some point cuz it seemed formal though no declaration of a relationship. oops we are derailing
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by tpiander: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2015
pcguru1:

Well it's complicated there's only one ex and the rest are just babes I assumed i was in a relationship with grin

got it.
Re: How Can An Introvert And Extrovert Have A Great Relationship? by tpiander: 4:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
pcguru1:

at all, at least that would have been something to brag about, only had 1 relationship in my life, unless we are counting Employer-Employee relationship and all. I know right, i always mention "ex" alot right ?

UPDATE: However i do have a fictional girlfriend called "victoria" if you ever hear me say my girlfriend victoria or write anything about victoria just know am lying, prob trying not to feel left out by other dudes lying to me about their escapades grin

hah ha.

(1) (Reply)

Matured Opinions Please!! / How She Should Tell Her Husband That She Is Pregnant For His Father? / How A Woman Can Learn To Read Between The Lines Of What A Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.