Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? (36751 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / For Anatomy,physiology Graduate.....get A Skill...train As Sonograher / Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Kemakolamoha(m): 8:47am On Sep 18, 2015
Everything is possible in Nigeria. One needs to be focussed.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by tsalmjohn(m): 8:47am On Sep 18, 2015
Nairalane:
It Is V.V. Possible. With Ur 2.2, U Can Become A Leturer. Only That, U Wil Be Lecturing JSS 3 Or SS1 Students. And At Worst, Primary 5 Pupils.
Your discouraging bad mouth is smelling
Do you know that some 2:2 candidates are better than some 2:1 and first class candidates? It's a function of differences in schools and lecturers attitudes.

I have a friend that graduated with 3.49 CGPA from unilorin. That's 2:2
Another friend managed to have 3.51 and that's 2:1.
Difference of 0.02 and you want the 2:2 guy to go and teach JSS3?

Some of your lecturers graduated with 2:2 if u don't know.
U have a low sense of reasoning sha.

5 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Mcowubaba: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2015
Nairalane:
It Is V.V. Possible. With Ur 2.2, U Can Become A Leturer. Only That, U Wil Be Lecturing JSS 3 Or SS1 Students. And At Worst, Primary 5 Pupils.
daft comment...must u comment if u hav nothing tangible to say...
Wetin u graduate with self undecided
Or u don even graduate Or get admission.tongue

@topic...Op, u need a masters degree, whether u even hav a Second class upper, most schs only allow Masters degree holder to lecture, but some 1st class students are given exception nd the start 4rm Graduate assistant.......nd the still hav to do their masters in d lng run..
But Oluwa d ur side bro....anything can happen..
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by 0955eb027(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2015
Nawa 4 al dis pple talkin abt Pgd! 4 y nah? Wen 2:2 bcom 3rd klass abi pass?
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by frank043(m): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2015
aameyah:

Why?
Then what happens to my innocent and young cousin who was frustrated in 400L and eventually finished with a strong 2.2 of 3.45 CGPA in a Federal Uni.

And she has gone for her masters also in a Federal Uni and her external examiner told her she will be doing the world a disservice if she does not impart her knowledge to others via lecturing (she got a distinction).

In Nigeria, the truth is not everyone who had a 2.2 or even 3rd class is a dullard. It is sometimes a result of bad choices or even lecturer frustration.

Nobody is saying your cousin or whom ever is a dullard. The fact and stigma there is that she finished with a 2.2. The key difference between a 2.1 and a 2.2 is that a 2.1 graduate is given an opportunity to be listened to, while it's quite rare in the case of a 2.2. Most times, 2.2 graduates perform way better than 2.1 graduates,that I'm sure. There are lots of 1st class and 2.1 graduates out there, and by natural law, applications and privilege go down the pyramid.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by dedons: 9:00am On Sep 18, 2015
ceejay4real:

U get brain so? I really doubt it!
bros,I get brain na.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by dedons: 9:00am On Sep 18, 2015
ceejay4real:

U get brain so? I really doubt it!
bros,I get brain na.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by ayokunlei(m): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2015
Cc Effyzie01
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by aameyah(f): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2015
frank043:

Nobody is saying your cousin or whom ever is a dullard. The fact and stigma there is that she finished with a 2.2. The key difference between a 2.1 and a 2.2 is that a 2.1 graduate is given an opportunity to be listened to, while it's quite rare in the case of a 2.2. Most times, 2.2 graduates perform way better than 2.1 graduates,that I'm sure. There are lots of 1st class and 2.1 graduates out there, and by natural law, applications and privilege go down the pyramid.

Well her masters distinction has cleaned off whatever supposed stigma she had. And if erudite scholars praised her dissertation and asked that she look into lecturing line, then the sky is surely her limit, 2.2 or not.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by viqueta(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2015
abdulkayus:

Y must he do pgd? If he had a good 2:2, he doesn't need to go for pdg. Some uni accept minimum of 3.00, while some accept 2.7, 2.5 or 2.6
Please do u know any that accepts 2.5-2.7 cos have not seen o
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by frank043(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2015
aameyah:

Well her masters distinction has cleaned off whatever supposed stigma she had. And if erudite scholars praised her dissertation and asked that she look into lecturing line, then the sky is surely her limit, 2.2 or not.

I wish her all the very best. With the MSc(DISTINCTION), she will go places. Let her just apply to a few of the available overseas PhD scholarships and leave this country before they bad belle her DISTINCTION with her 2.2, cos I sense it happening. It's just a few Nigerians that really value academic excellence.

3 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Atigba: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2015
No

You must have PhD
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by fav444(f): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2015
privatetisa:
Please o house, can anyone here help me answer this question?
What universities in Nigeria will accept a Third Class degree in Zoology for a PGD programmein aany biology-related course. I need urgent response, please.
Thanks everyone.

many universities will take u for pgd. Zoology is a wide field, so pick ur area of interest and chose a nice school. I had similar background got msc Environmental mgt and protection, currently prospective PhD student. proudly Unaabite. so cheer up, pursue ur dreams.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by immanuello(m): 10:04am On Sep 18, 2015
Ceefix:

You lie No matter no matter how connected you are you will never get a lecturing job with pass you can only get employed in d you university no body will allow you to teach, what are you even saying? @ op the ones before me have said it all all you need is a masters and if you are lucky to get one with bsc they will automatically enroll you for masters and during that time you will be a lecturer asistant, you will be marking script and conducting test invigilation and assignment marking but you will not teach untill you have your masters degree, am presently doing my master in Uniben and I made a 2:2 in my bsc so most university still take 2:2 less than 3.0 gp cause my 2:2 was not up to 3.0 gpa thanks best of luck.
pls i have a girl friend who finished with 2.99 cgpa,pls which institution can she apply for her masters.Thanks as i await ur response!
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by aameyah(f): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2015
frank043:

I wish her all the very best. With the MSc(DISTINCTION), she will go places. Let her just apply to a few of the available overseas PhD scholarships and leave this country before they bad belle her DISTINCTION with her 2.2, cos I sense it happening. It's just a few Nigerians that really value academic excellence.

Wow, would show her this.
Because I know she has always been deeply unhappy about the 2.2 thingy and I try to encourage her to improve herself instead of looking at the limitations.
Thanks.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by noblegrex: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2015
fav444:

u re current my dear. Especially now that most universities are demanding minimum of 3.0 CGPA before u can get admission for masters. I initially thought d were joking but d became serious about it and now dt policy is spreading like wild fire. God Help our youths in this country.
amen oo.don't mind those idiots.some of them graduated with a third class.not all of them have a good grde before they started lecturing oo,now they're talking of a 1st or 2nd class upper.is grade wisdom or intelligience. I only see grade as a product of hard work either straight or crukade way and nothing more.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Nairalane: 10:28am On Sep 18, 2015
Mcowubaba:

daft comment...must u comment if u hav nothing tangible to say...
Wetin u graduate with self undecided
Or u don even graduate Or get admission.tongue

@topic...Op, u need a masters degree, whether u even hav a Second class upper, most schs only allow Masters degree holder to lecture, but some 1st class students are given exception nd the start 4rm Graduate assistant.......nd the still hav to do their masters in d lng run..
But Oluwa d ur side bro....anything can happen..
U Cant Even Decipher A Joke From A Real Idea. I Only Interpreted Lecturing In A Layman's Way To Mean A Teacher. Thats All.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by hYpErbOi: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2015
dedons:
I know a lecturer in one of those Igbo owned Universities who only have an SSCE result...
And he's doing fine.

Haba. tho* d system is corrupt but not ds. bad...Even a mushroom college of education would rather employ an oND/Hnd holder... SSce is way to less for a mushroom university
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Mcowubaba: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2015
Nairalane:
U Cant Even Decipher A Joke From A Real Idea. I Only Interpreted Lecturing In A Layman's Way To Mean A Teacher. Thats All.
Ur fault sir, ur joke wasn't necessary in this context nd was nt also 'clearly understood' by me nd many others..
Peace bro...safe...

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by yungprof09: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2015
aameyah:

Because I know she has always been deeply unhappy about the 2.2 thingy and I try to encourage her to improve herself instead of looking at the limitations.
Thanks.
I know of a friend in AAU who was having a CGPA of 3.1 as at 300level..can the person really make it to 3.5(which is the basic requirement for a second class graduate)with the 400level results??I will appreciate everybody's contribution and experience plzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by callmelanner(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2015
What about a 2nd class lower in educational guidance & psychological counselling...
Which university can I apply for?
Thanks anyone
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2015
abdulkayus:

Y must he do pgd? If he had a good 2:2, he doesn't need to go for pdg. Some uni accept minimum of 3.00, while some accept 2.7, 2.5 or 2.6
pls I am interested to know the ones dat accept d latter, pls .....
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by frank043(m): 10:48am On Sep 18, 2015
aameyah:

Thanks.

You are welcome... Feel free, pls.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by VanUrch(m): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2015
viqueta:
Please do u know any that accepts 2.5-2.7 cos have not seen o
Unilag do...2.5 minimum
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
peppyluv02:
You can go to political\ tribal section to display your madnessVery correct.

peppy how far na?
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2015
Ceefix:

You lie No matter no matter how connected you are you will never get a lecturing job with pass you can only get employed in d you university no body will allow you to teach, what are you even saying? @ op the ones before me have said it all all you need is a masters and if you are lucky to get one with bsc they will automatically enroll you for masters and during that time you will be a lecturer asistant, you will be marking script and conducting test invigilation and assignment marking but you will not teach untill you have your masters degree, am presently doing my master in Uniben and I made a 2:2 in my bsc so most university still take 2:2 less than 3.0 gp cause my 2:2 was not up to 3.0 gpa thanks best of luck.
pls my dear , can a 2.98 ,graduate of biochemistry, do his /her Msc in uniben? I reallt need to know ASAP , tnx
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by dedons: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2015
hYpErbOi:

Haba. tho* d system is corrupt but not ds. bad...Even a mushroom college of education would rather employ an oND/Hnd holder... SSce is way to less for a mushroom university
do you know why I like you?

It's simply because you are a wise fellow.

Your point was very straight,objective and free from insults...

Unlike those that earlier quoted me.

May God bless you and your entire generation with more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by aameyah(f): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2015
yungprof09:
I know of a friend in AAU who was having a CGPA of 3.1 as at 300level..can the person really make it to 3.5(which is the basic requirement for a second class graduate)with the 400level results??I will appreciate everybody's contribution and experience plzzzzz

Wow. That's a tricky one.
You friend should calculate the courses and the units and do the Cgpa calculation to see if that is still possible. And the project work might be of help too, since it carries more units....
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 18, 2015
some skuls still take 2.5 as d minimal grade 4 masters ..talking from experience...do ur research well b4 giving advises...

2 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Danny4show(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2015
yungprof09:
like ammeyah have said...SO FAR IT IS MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE,IT IS POSSIBLE..
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2015
immanuello:
pls i have a girl friend who finished with 2.99 cgpa,pls which institution can she apply for her masters.Thanks as i await ur response!
dose lecturers dat gave her 2.99 are so wicked ,what stops dem from adding 0.01 mark, bunch of sadists, my cousin's grade was 2.98 , while my husband's own was 4.3, he begged dem to round it to 4.5, which is a first class, dey said NO, but to God b d Glory, he's doin well now........ It is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Selected Candidates For The Nigerian Navy Basic Training School Batch 19 / 5 Types Of Applicants You Meet In A Room Waiting To Be Interviewed / Frieslandcampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc Young Professionals Programme 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.