Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? (36714 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / For Anatomy,physiology Graduate.....get A Skill...train As Sonograher / Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by phynotic(m): 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
with university 2.2 u can get a lecturing job in a poly of college of education as a graduate assistant and without ur msc, u won't leave the GA

Buh in university, u can't get a GA job with 2.2 unless u are doing ur msc and det are sure you will/have a Phd grade

a 3rd class holder who did PGD (score above 60), msc (phd grade) can lecture in university

the issue of 3.0 is not visible, I had 2.82 and did my masters at oau
I have someone who had 2.5 and did masters at University of Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
effyzie01:

Thanks.

I also push students with good marks to higher grades but Universities don't do that as they believe it can and will compromise their integrity. It is not easy.

I nearly cried for that lady. She was so brilliant but so unlucky.
uwc,....... So unlucky,but I believe she's doin well wherever she is.........
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by oracle009(m): 1:32am On Sep 19, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
dose lecturers dat gave her 2.99 are so wicked ,what stops dem from adding 0.01 mark, bunch of sadists, my cousin's grade was 2.98 , while my husband's own was 4.3, he begged dem to round it to 4.5, which is a first class, dey said NO, but to God b d Glory, he's doin well now........ It is well

Round up 4.3 to 4.5? Mrs Anyanwu, it doesn't work like that and it is not expected to function like that. The GP system doesn't permit approximation. There is a difference between 3.499 and 3.5.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by effyzie01(m): 1:39am On Sep 19, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
uwc,....... So unlucky,but I believe she's doin well wherever she is.........

Yes she is. She put the disappointment behind her and is now a PhD candidate at the University of London
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by effyzie01(m): 1:43am On Sep 19, 2015
oracle009:

Round up 4.3 to 4.5? Mrs Anyanwu, it doesn't work like that and it is not expected to function like that. The GP system doesn't permit approximation. There is a difference between 3.499 and 3.5.

Totally correct.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2015
effyzie01:

Yes she is. She put the disappointment behind her and is now a PhD candidate at the University of London
Wowww I love dat, she's a great person, dats d spirit I love, good luck to her , gdmorn
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2015
oracle009:

I agree with u sir, gdmorn
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by oracle009(m): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
I agree with u sir, gdmorn
Gud morni ma.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by effyzie01(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
Wowww I love dat, she's a great person, dats d spirit I love, good luck to her , gdmorn

Morning!

Yes, she's. We keep regular contact and I used to visit her when I was studying there.

She'll go places, I assure you.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
effyzie01:

Morning!

Yes, she's. We keep regular contact and I used to visit her when I was studying there.

She'll go places, I assure you.
nice, hv a nyz day .....
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by privatetisa(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2015
fav444:

many universities will take u for pgd. Zoology is a wide field, so pick ur area of interest and chose a nice school. I had similar background got msc Environmental mgt and protection, currently prospective PhD student. proudly Unaabite. so cheer up, pursue ur dreams.

Thanks very kindly for the response. Actually, it's not me that's applying for the programme. I'm a physicist.
But, did you really get the reason for the question? It's the Third Class BSc and not the Zoology itself. The point is that which university will accept a Third Class in Zoology for a PGD in any of the areas of Zoology or any other Biology-related coutse?
Thanks a whole lot as you advise me further.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by fav444(f): 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
privatetisa:

Thanks very kindly for the response. Actually, it's not me that's applying for the programme. I'm a physicist.
But, did you really get the reason for the question? It's the Third Class BSc and not the Zoology itself. The point is that which university will accept a Third Class in Zoology for a PGD in any of the areas of Zoology or any other Biology-related coutse?
Thanks a whole lot as you advise me further.

Any school approved by NUC will take you. I have a friend with third class zoology applied for PGD nutrition and dietitics and was given. she is almost tru with her masters now. Unaab will take u, futminna, Nsuk, name it, third class zoology is eligible for pgd biology related courses almost every where.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by privatetisa(m): 9:24am On Oct 02, 2015
fav444:

Any school approved by NUC will take you. I have a friend with third class zoology applied for PGD nutrition and dietitics and was given. she is almost tru with her masters now. Unaab will take u, futminna, Nsuk, name it, third class zoology is eligible for pgd biology related courses almost every where.

Thanks!
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by joeyreports: 7:20am On Nov 30, 2015
This article will stress on things you have to do while in the university, things that will boost your career after school.

Work in an organization that has your interest even as a University student (Internship)
Acquaint yourself to lecturers or professors: These are the people who will be around for a while and you will need all the professional advice from them. Respect them the way you would do your parents.
Always be attentive and serious while in class: Nobody should tell you that your education is important. Participate and do all your class assignments by.
Always request for help especially when there is a need for that.
Make sure you don’t miss out in going for an Industrial attachment: This is the stage you are seeking knowledge and not the financial reward. Money shouldn’t give you direction or make it your deciding factor when going for industrial placement.
Go for connections (ie, Have your business card): Don’t get it twisted, I know you’re a university student. However, the card should contain your name, contact info and interests.

http://www.prestnaija.com/university-increase-your-chance-for-a-job-after-graduation/
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Mekyno(m): 10:33am On Nov 30, 2015
In d last 2yrs or so, UNN only give GA to first class graduates, while 2nd class upper graduates need to do their master 1st b4 getting a GA job.
I dnt tink i really lyk dat bt dats d new bar dey set.
God will surely help all of us dat r hustling hard, very well.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Ovipoet: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
emmydollars4life:
Bros I don't think any school accept 2.5 or 2.6 for masters.
ABU does.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Ovipoet: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
phynotic:
with university 2.2 u can get a lecturing job in a poly of college of education as a graduate assistant and without ur msc, u won't leave the GA

Buh in university, u can't get a GA job with 2.2 unless u are doing ur msc and det are sure you will/have a Phd grade

a 3rd class holder who did PGD (score above 60), msc (phd grade) can lecture in university

Great news, I have a friend who got a 2.89 last year and is hoping to apply for MSC this year after service against next year in ABU since they clearly state that they accept 2.2 with a cgpa of 2.5 and above.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by abayomi93(m): 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ovipoet:

Great news, I have a friend who got a 2.89 last year and is hoping to apply for MSC this year after service against next year in ABU since they clearly state that they accept 2.2 with a cgpa of 2.5 and above.
have you ever considered,U.I. (UNIBADAN) ?they accept 2.2 very well.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Dminister(m): 11:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
fav444:

u re current my dear. Especially now that most universities are demanding minimum of 3.0 CGPA before u can get admission for masters. I initially thought d were joking but d became serious about it and now dt policy is spreading like wild fire. God Help our youths in this country.
my dear 3.0 is also 2.2. There peeps who got 3.49 and they are in the category of 2.2
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Ovipoet: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2016
abayomi93:
have you ever considered,U.I. (UNIBADAN) ?
That's great... u there?
Although I'm thinking of ABU, since I heard they r very fair with their admission..
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by ezewealth(m): 12:12am On Apr 11, 2017
viqueta:
Please do u know any that accepts 2.5-2.7 cos have not seen o

Michael opara uni and some state unis
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2021
mznuez:
In nigeria its very much possible .......even with pass or no result. grin
Haha
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2021
ivyT:

haba..
Naija never spoil reach dat level
Haha
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by olamoses75(m): 12:36am On Mar 31, 2023
phynotic:

did you do pg before UI admitted you for masters?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frieslandcampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc Young Professionals Programme 2017 / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary / My God Win, I Finally Got A Good Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.