Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? (36640 Views)

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / For Anatomy,physiology Graduate.....get A Skill...train As Sonograher / Between A Multi National And Lecturing Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by flokii: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2015
This is quite funny..

Dis OP no go sabi book and he has passion for lecturing..

eleyi gidi gaan grin
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by peleson: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2015
Even with 3rd class just start ur Msc
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by ifeomaekol(f): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
@OP I kw of lecturers wt 3rd class, so yes its possible.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by ivyT(f): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
mznuez:
In nigeria its very much possible .......even with pass or no result. grin

haba..
Naija never spoil reach dat level
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by engrjacuzzi: 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Unilag accepts second class lower for MSc irrespective of your CGPA.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by saintandsinnerz: 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
dedons:
do you know why I like you?

It's simply because you are a wise fellow.

Your point was very straight,objective and free from insults...

Unlike those that earlier quoted me.

May God bless you and your entire generation with more wisdom.
Stop deceiving yourself, you are the person that brought the insults to yourself. Go and reread the comment that made them to insult you, then you will know you deserve worse! You shamelessly turn a thread like this into tribal abuse and slur. Just behave yourself maturely and nobody will insult you
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by bummyla(m): 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lord please help you Child! Amen! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by saintandsinnerz: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
dose lecturers dat gave her 2.99 are so wicked ,what stops dem from adding 0.01 mark, bunch of sadists, my cousin's grade was 2.98 , while my husband's own was 4.3, he begged dem to round it to 4.5, which is a first class, dey said NO, but to God b d Glory, he's doin well now........ It is well
If they start awarding certificate based on compassionate grounds, then certificates will be worthless. Education will lose its competitive value. You are talking about 4.3, but i know a girl who just graduated last month from Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu university (COOU) with a CGPA of 4.49 and they refused to give her a first class! Though, people are still begging on her behalf but the school is playing hardball saying she graduated with what she deserve to graduate with

2 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by immanuello(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
dose lecturers dat gave her 2.99 are so wicked ,what stops dem from adding 0.01 mark, bunch of sadists, my cousin's grade was 2.98 , while my husband's own was 4.3, he begged dem to round it to 4.5, which is a first class, dey said NO, but to God b d Glory, he's doin well now........ It is well
Ma,what does that mean!
Does it mean she can't see an institution that will accept her 2.99 for masters or what.Moreover,has your cousin with 2.98 done her masters or not ma!
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
immanuello:
Ma,what does that mean!
Does it mean she can't see an institution that will accept her 2.99 for masters or what.Moreover,has your cousin with 2.98 done her masters or not ma!
no she can do her msc, I heard unilag nd uniben accepts less dan 3.0.....,my cousin is yet to serve with dis batch
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

If they start awarding certificate based on compassionate grounds, then certificates will be worthless. Education will lose its competitive value. You are talking about 4.3, but i know a girl who just graduated last month from Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu university (COOU) with a CGPA of 4.49 and they refused to give her a first class! Though, people are still begging on her behalf but the school is playing hardball saying she graduated with what she deserve to graduate with
I totally agree with u, but then...... See d closeness na, its just so sad, I must say..... Thank you
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nairalane:
It Is V.V. Possible. With Ur 2.2, U Can Become A Leturer. Only That, U Wil Be Lecturing JSS 3 Or SS1 Students. And At Worst, Primary 5 Pupils.
See sarcastic wannabes. Mchew! Are u suppose to use 'lecturering' for secondary and primary? Nonsense !
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by immanuello(m): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
no she can do her msc, I heard unilag nd uniben accepts less dan 3.0.....,my cousin is yet to serve with dis batch
OK,thanks ma.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
immanuello:
OK,thanks ma.
uwc dear
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by pobosky20(m): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
mznuez:
In nigeria its very much possible .......even with pass or no result. grin

In Nigeria anything is possible. No need for certificate sef,lecturing job go wait u.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
grin grin
Nairalane:
It Is V.V. Possible. With Ur 2.2, U Can Become A Leturer. Only That, U Wil Be Lecturing JSS 3 Or SS1 Students. And At Worst, Primary 5 Pupils.
grin
Nairalane:
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by udunyam: 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Depends d uni u r applying for lecturing job, some will while others may not
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by effyzie01(m): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
ayokunlei:
Cc Effyzie01

Thanks for the mention brother.

Yes, a 2.2 graduate can get a lecturing job. He/she doesn't even need an MSc to get it.

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by doskie(m): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
igbinovia no get third class?
I hear say sunny don comot.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by effyzie01(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
I totally agree with u, but then...... See d closeness na, its just so sad, I must say..... Thank you

I find it funny when people are discriminating against 2.2 graduates forgetting that 0.01 points could stop one from graduating with a particular class of degree.

I graduated with a 4.62 but a lady in my class who is more brilliant and intelligent than I was graduated with 4.48. Officially, I was the best graduating student but I know she was better. I was retained as a GA while she was overlooked simply on account of my certificate not brain. A 2.2 graduate could also be better than a 2.1. The Universities know this, that's why they don't discriminate.

So please, enough of this.

5 Likes

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Kbraims(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
For naija if you hav long leg it wl work...bt I blieve in one thing,with God notin is impossible!
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
effyzie01:

I find it funny when people are discriminating against 2.2 graduates forgetting that 0.01 points could stop one from graduating with a particular class of degree.

I graduated with a 4.62 but a lady in my class who is more brilliant and intelligent than I was graduated with 4.48. Officially, I was the best graduating student but I know she was better. I was retained as a GA while she was overlooked simply on account of my certificate not brain. A 2.2 graduate could also be better than a 2.1. The Universities know this, that's why they don't discriminate.

So please, enough of this.
u see what I am saying, why can't dey just add the 0.02 mark,wen I mark scripts nd someone had 68 or 69,I change to an A automatically, I don't like (nearly miss) I was once a student , so I know how it feels having 69 or 59 , in seminar, project or what have u, pls d discrimination should stop between 2.2 nd 2.1, even 3rd class nd 2.2, even hnd nd bsc,may God grant our hands with FAVOUR ,thank you........ Congrats u got a 4.62, nice feat ,I must say .... Nuff said
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by dedons: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

Stop deceiving yourself, you are the person that brought the insults to yourself. Go and reread the comment that made them to insult you, then you will know you deserve worse! You shamelessly turn a thread like this into tribal abuse and slur. Just behave yourself maturely and nobody will insult you
stop fooling your self sir.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by abdulkayus(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
pls I am interested to know the ones dat accept d latter, pls .....

Sincerely speaking anyone that accept 2.6 bt I know of Bayero University, Kano, they accept minimum of 2.7
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
abdulkayus:

Sincerely speaking anyone that accept 2.6 bt I know of Bayero University, Kano, they accept minimum of 2.7
thank you,someone said unilag nd uniben, accepts too ....
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by abdulkayus(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
thank you,someone said unilag nd uniben, accepts too ....

maybe, but to inquire more abt it
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by effyzie01(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
u see what I am saying, why can't dey just add the 0.02 mark,wen I mark scripts nd someone had 68 or 69,I change to an A automatically, I don't like (nearly miss) I was once a student , so I know how it feels having 69 or 59 , in seminar, project or what have u, pls d discrimination should stop between 2.2 nd 2.1, even 3rd class nd 2.2, even hnd nd bsc,may God grant our hands with FAVOUR ,thank you........ Congrats u got a 4.62, nice feat ,I must say .... Nuff said

Thanks.

I also push students with good marks to higher grades but Universities don't do that as they believe it can and will compromise their integrity. It is not easy.

I nearly cried for that lady. She was so brilliant but so unlucky.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
macjireh:
I graduated with a 2.2 but was promised a lecturing job, I don't know if mine will pull through although I applied through d H.O.D and I don't speak with him directly because I contacted him through a proxy

Also I have plans to apply for my MEng this month but I'm thinking if I should wait and use TETFUND but I'm thinking it may bounce since I have a 2.2
Lord help me.
don't mind them... U can get the job. We had a graduate assistant with2.2 who was recruited dec 2014 at that fasted... Rushing fed university
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by lyricalz: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
dedons:
Why not

I know a lecturer in one of those Igbo owned Universities who only have an SSCE result...

And he's doing fine.

Pure and applied MUMU

1 Like

Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by phynotic(m): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
With 2.2 you can get a lecturing job in a polytechnic or college of education
for you to get one in a university, u shud have ur masters and probably enrolling for PhD

but dont forget its all by connection bro
have seen someone with third class who is now a PhD holder and also a Senior Lecturer in a University.
whereas have seen a first class graduate who couldnt even secure Graduate Assistant job.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by effyzie01(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
phynotic:
for you to get one in a university, u shud have ur masters and probably enrolling for PhD

have seen someone with third class who is now a PhD holder and also a Senior Lecturer in a University.
whereas have seen a first class graduate who couldnt even secure Graduate Assistant job.

Even for a University they don't need an MSc.

A lecturer in a University with a Third Class? This is a first oo. As far as I know, Universities don't employ Third Class graduates even in the non academic cadre.

It is a rule for Universities to retain First Class graduates so far as they show interest. They only need to be in the good books of their HODs.
Re: Can A 2.2 Graduate Get A Lecturing Job? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
This is a big lie! No college will employ with a 2.2 when there is no masters in view.your 2.2 will not be below 3.0 and you will only be a graduate assistant.
phynotic:
I am fine dear.
scooby12:

peppy how far na?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frieslandcampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc Young Professionals Programme 2017 / Dear 2017 pre-selected applicant, News and Updates on your physical verification / 500,000 Employed School Teachers Will Be Paid N23,000 As Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.