Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

A Transparent Car? How Real Is This? (photo) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Transparent Car? How Real Is This? (photo) (9546 Views)

World First Transparent Car Launched In Germany / Mountain Of Fire Vs Beer Car: How Will You Describe The Owner Of This Car / Transparent Car By A German Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Transparent Car? How Real Is This? (photo) by southcent: 7:29am On Dec 04, 2015
nobilis:

Lol.
Ok let me explain.

A transparent substance allows light to pass through it such that objects seen through it appear unchanged.

A translucent substance allows light to pass through but then it scatters the light rays such that objects seen through the translucent material appear unclear and somehow distorted.

An opaque substance doesn't allow light to pass through.
It either totally absorbs the light, such as black objects, or it absorbs some part of it and reflects a particular range out of all the wavelengths available in the light in question, or it totally reflects all of the light, as in the case of white objects.

So, a translucent object doesn't reflect light.
But even at that, translucency and transparency are different. But only fully opaque object or objects with a degree of opacity can reflect light.

That's my own submission.
okay you be made your point but in every breakthrough there were always people who disagreed and criticized change, before there was just a transparent and opaque substances but when they saw the need to use the translucent substance ,many like you criticized the possibility just the way you are doing now,but the simple trick there is to increase the density of that glasslike substance and mix with some substance of strange properties to get the desired one,all it takes is just a group of boys and their toys ad you get the breakthrough done....don't forget there are over a thousand elements whose properties are yet unknown to man...don't ever believe something is impossible, that's what differentiates you from the other field of studies..
#m2c
Re: A Transparent Car? How Real Is This? (photo) by nobilis: 9:06am On Dec 04, 2015
southcent:
okay you be made your point but in every breakthrough there were always people who disagreed and criticized change, before there was just a transparent and opaque substances but when they saw the need to use the translucent substance ,many like you criticized the possibility just the way you are doing now,but the simple trick there is to increase the density of that glasslike substance and mix with some substance of strange properties to get the desired one,all it takes is just a group of boys and their toys ad you get the breakthrough done....don't forget there are over a thousand elements whose properties are yet unknown to man...don't ever believe something is impossible, that's what differentiates you from the other field of studies..
#m2c

First and foremost, did you see a picture of the car in question??
If you did, then you will understand why a car shouldn't be transparent.

Secondly, a translucent substance is not transparent.
The article said transparent, not translucent.

When you increase just the density of a transparent substance, it still remains transparent until you increase the opacity.

That's the simple point.
A transparent substance CAN NEVER reflect light until it loses some or all of its transparency. That's an immutable fact.

Thirdly, read through all my posts on this thread. I never said it is impossible. Because as u can see, there is already a transparent car which picture is shown up there.

What I said is that a car SHOULD NOT be transparent.
I never said a car CANNOT be transparent.
There is a difference.

1 Like

Re: A Transparent Car? How Real Is This? (photo) by Alexanity(m): 9:28am On May 26, 2017
Why is every one agueing, its still strange that all we in this part of the world knows about is ague and dish out theories with no practicability. Look every one of us knows that that transparent car will never outperform a bently but they build it to show that its not just about its impact to our transit system but for an addition to our list of possibilities. Africans should learn to take challanges without thinking about its present application but to prove a possibility
Re: A Transparent Car? How Real Is This? (photo) by wisdomkid: 9:59am On Dec 01, 2018
This picture was made popular by this website, Entertainmentgistme back in 2015 grin grin
I remembered driving of driving this car...

Seems it's a bluff though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC To Impound Motorcycles, Tricycles Without Number Plates From August / Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? / Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.