Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment (12132 Views)

Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To The Saraki Debacle On Twitter / 5 Reasons Why The Saraki And Ekweremadu Partnership Won't Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by PenSniper: 5:40am On Sep 19, 2015
@Op is a chalatan still living in the past.

WHERE IS ABUBAKAR BUKOLA SARAKI HIDING ? HE IS WANTED IN THE PEOPLE'S COURT. NIGERIANS ARE CHARGED FOR ACTION.

ANYONE WITH INFO AS TO HIS SAMBISA FOREST ?

REWARD: #500,000. THE PRICE ON HIS HEAD IS CHEAP.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by iamrealdeji(m): 5:44am On Sep 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari looks like that person that will never learn from history. He may end up being the only Nigerian president that is dismissed twice. Events of 1984 may democratically repeat itself in this dispensation.
because he's not a coward that can't do the right thing due to the fear of fall like you. Nigeria can never progress if we keep overwhelming ourselves with fear

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by timilehing(m): 5:49am On Sep 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari looks like that person that will never learn from history. He may end up being the only Nigerian president that is dismissed twice. Events of 1984 may democratically repeat itself in this dispensation.
Keep dreaming
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by iamrealdeji(m): 5:53am On Sep 19, 2015
tomakint:
It's a pity we have many naive-minded commentators lately on the cyberspace....this writer had forgotten that in the absence of an Attorney-General, the most Senior Officer in the CCB can act in the capacity of the AG. The issue at stake here demands urgency towards a staggering case (billions of dollars accrued to a single noble thief), even Tinubu appeared in the dock in this same CCT when he was served his notice. So who the hell is this spoilt brat forming one god against the Law of the Land?
thank you dude,people like FreeGlobe are those that are making him feel like he's above the law,i guess she's from Ilorin cos that's how they think

3 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by wirinet(m): 6:02am On Sep 19, 2015
Wildrage:

First time I would disagree with u on this forum, your opinions are almost all of the time spot on, but on this you got it wrong. Let me say upfront that I consider Saraki a despicable, treacherous, opportunistic scoundrel, a rapacious thief deserving all the tribulations being meted to him by his equally power hungry, tyrannical soul mates. That said, I believe we are a country governed by law and under no circumstance should the tenets, letters and the core principles of law be deviated from just because it's expedient to do so. If we encourage mob action against a deserving thief someday an innocent relative may be wrongly lynched to death just because someone maliciously called him Ole in the market place.

To what you opined, my dissent

1) the law is very specific on who can prosecute or authorize prosecution by way of delegating his authority for false declaration of assets, The attorney general of the federation. This is unlike any other criminal prosecution where the power to prosecute can be implied even when there is no substantive AG

2) like I said earlier, the law is not referring to the office but the person of the Attorney general, there is no ambiguity. No other person can act on his behalf unless there is an express authorisation from the AGF. In this case, Buhari shot himself in the foot by his inexplicable delay in appointing his ministers

3) The law recognize a vacuum if there is one even though nature abhors it

4) In its rush to please the puppeteer, CCB not only acted unlawfully but also in total disregard of its own procedures. An accuse is to be afforded an opportunity by the commission to explain any discrepancy discovered after verification of his declared assets, the commission only proceeds to prosecute if the Explanation is considered unsatisfactory. In this case nothing of such happened.

5) this constitutional infraction may not be weighty enough to warrant the impeachment of the president, moreso when there is nothing to show he is directly involved in this shenanigan but I assure you that if he continues to behave like we are still in a military era where his whims must be obeyed and his wishes must be law , then sooner or later even those cheer him on now would start seeing him as a menace that must be thwarted, he frittered away his goodwill in 84, same can still happen

Barca is right here and you are only getting overly emotional. Barca backed up his arguments stating the relevant sections of the constitution, why don't you state the sections of the constitution that says it is only the AG that can prosecute or authorize the prosecution of false declaration of assets.

Are you not annoyed that Nigerians (especially politicians ) are always looking for excuse to avoid the law. In saner climes accused would be eager to have his day in court to defend him or herself, but here accused throw up all kinds of shenanigans and tantrums to avoid the courts. Saraki is not even pleading his innocence, he is pleading witch hunting and going to an appellate court to get an injunction to stop his trail, is he admitting guilt?

The trail affords him the opportunity to explain the descrepancies in his asset declaration form and how he came about those assets.

Think about it, Tinubu was brought before this Code of conduct bureau under PDP government and was acquitted. Why can't Saraki go through the trail and prove his innocence? He behaves like someone who is too arrogant, greedy and power drunk.

4 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by iamrealdeji(m): 6:14am On Sep 19, 2015
okolochyke:
Every body including illiterates like the OP have now suddenly turned into Political Analysts and Public Relations Experts

grin grin

The problem with some jobless non-entities is that they are equating romance blogging to political analysis.

Can you imagine the effrontery of this degenerate in postulating on issues that are way above her intellectual capacity?

If you cannot see the handwriting on the wall by now, you need help

Illiterate!
I echo what this dude said. MizMyColi,why not just read comments if you don't know anything about politics? you're just like Kwarans,you think the way they think and illiteracy is the major cause of this. this is what's affecting them today. they think Saraki is a god and keep yelling he's powerful. they think he's above every law in the nation

4 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Alezy(m): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2015
Greyworld:
Nigeria is a big joke....... Lord Lugard evn told Flora shaw.

BTW who takes dem politrickians serious?
Bukola saraki as a pdp govenor = Corrupt, Evil.

Bukola saraki as an apc senator = Saint, Progressive.

Bukola saraki as senate president againt the wishes of a "microscopic few" = Theif, Looter, Tribunal......... Jail.

Good riddance to bad Nigeria.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi
You just disappointed me by posting this trash I thought u were better than them

3 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by QuotaSystem: 6:42am On Sep 19, 2015
IbnSultaan:
MizMyColi
You just disappointed me by posting this trash I thought u were better than them

Unfortunately, clearly not.

3 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by AlPeter: 6:49am On Sep 19, 2015
Anybody supporting or implying such for Saraki is a dunce a very big one. Still can't believe what am reading how can the no, 3 man in a Nation act with such arrogance and total disregard for the Law. This dude should be jailed ASAP.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Caseless: 6:54am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please read carefully before commenting.
I am particularly indifferent in all this.
This was posted as a broadcast message on my BBM and as a patriotic citizen, I thought to sharesmiley

helical deception! You are indifferent and still brought this .

The office of the attorney General exists even without an appointed occupant; and this has been laid to rest by the supreme court. That's the most watery argument saraki presented. God brought BUHARI and he's the only one who can remove him.

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Caseless: 6:56am On Sep 19, 2015
IbnSultaan:
MizMyColi
aswear , even me d thing Dey shock me. Her source is even bbm.

4 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by BlackBaron: 7:00am On Sep 19, 2015
How does a trial for Saraki equal to '(Buhari) setting himself up for impeachment?'

Learners like the OP. It'll be better off to sit out the event like most of us are doing and watch than to log your chain Bbm/whatsapp messages onto the world wide Web as reality.

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 19, 2015
Caseless:
wlh took bad for her
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by januzaj(m): 7:23am On Sep 19, 2015
IbnSultaan:
MizMyColi

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by MabraO: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please read carefully before commenting.
I am particularly indifferent in all this.
This was posted as a broadcast message on my BBM and as a patriotic citizen, I thought to sharesmiley

So peeps now broad cast this kinda poo
Am not surprised tho.

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:31am On Sep 19, 2015
Thank you for the polite disagreement. You may read this https://www.nairaland.com/2609612/ccbs-ongoing-prosecution-saraki-constitutional#38152461. I believe the constitutional provisions will clear your doubt
Wildrage:

First time I would disagree with u on this forum, your opinions are almost all of the time spot on, but on this you got it wrong. Let me say upfront that I consider Saraki a despicable, treacherous, opportunistic scoundrel, a rapacious thief deserving all the tribulations being meted to him by his equally power hungry, tyrannical soul mates. That said, I believe we are a country governed by law and under no circumstance should the tenets, letters and the core principles of law be deviated from just because it's expedient to do so. If we encourage mob action against a deserving thief someday an innocent relative may be wrongly lynched to death just because someone maliciously called him Ole in the market place.

To what you opined, my dissent

1) the law is very specific on who can prosecute or authorize prosecution by way of delegating his authority for false declaration of assets, The attorney general of the federation. This is unlike any other criminal prosecution where the power to prosecute can be implied even when there is no substantive AG

2) like I said earlier, the law is not referring to the office but the person of the Attorney general, there is no ambiguity. No other person can act on his behalf unless there is an express authorisation from the AGF. In this case, Buhari shot himself in the foot by his inexplicable delay in appointing his ministers

3) The law recognize a vacuum if there is one even though nature abhors it

4) In its rush to please the puppeteer, CCB not only acted unlawfully but also in total disregard of its own procedures. An accuse is to be afforded an opportunity by the commission to explain any discrepancy discovered after verification of his declared assets, the commission only proceeds to prosecute if the Explanation is considered unsatisfactory. In this case nothing of such happened.

5) this constitutional infraction may not be weighty enough to warrant the impeachment of the president, moreso when there is nothing to show he is directly involved in this shenanigan but I assure you that if he continues to behave like we are still in a military era where his whims must be obeyed and his wishes must be law , then sooner or later even those cheering him on now would start seeing him as a menace that must be thwarted, he frittered away his goodwill in 84, same can still happen

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by MizMyColi(f): 7:32am On Sep 19, 2015
Wildrage:

5) this constitutional infraction may not be weighty enough to warrant the impeachment of the president, moreso when there is nothing to show he is directly involved in this shenanigan but I assure you that if he continues to behave like we are still in a military era where his whims must be obeyed and his wishes must be law , then sooner or later even those cheering him on now would start seeing him as a menace that must be thwarted, he frittered away his goodwill in 84, same can still happen

Good Morning.
I guess this is what the writer meant when he talked about Buhari risking impeachment.
I totally concur with you on this one.

januzaj:
Caseless:
QuotaSystem:

Unfortunately, clearly not.
IbnSultaan:
MizMyColi

You guys should quit the emotional blackmail already.
If I saw this topic again, I would post it a hundred times over. Learning never stops.

Btw, you feel disappointed by my thread just once and you're complaining?
What about you and you and you who have been disappointing me since time immemorial?

Talk another thing joor abegundecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:36am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi:
TonyeBarcanista or Anyone, please can you help us with a copy of the guidelines or laws governing CCB?

Make we sef scruitinize with our own eyes.

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by MizMyColi(f): 7:42am On Sep 19, 2015
LouisVanGaal:

Thank you
I will read it now.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Wildrage: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Thank you for the polite disagreement. You may read this https://www.nairaland.com/2609612/ccbs-ongoing-prosecution-saraki-constitutional#38152461. I believe the constitutional provisions will clear your doubt

In the rule of interpretation, when there is a specific provision it overrides any general provision in the constitution. Section 174 deals with the powers and responsibilities of an attorney general which can be exercised by any other senior officer in the ministry of justice so empowered in the absence of a substantive AG. The provision of the CCB envisage a substantive AG and conferred on him specific responsibilities which only he can exercise or expressly delegate. The reason most high profile accuse escape justice is because those saddled with the responsibility to investigate and prosecute wittingly or unwittingly leave legal lacunas or breach the legal procedure which eventually leads to unending litigation or technical acquittal

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Caseless: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

Good Morning.
I guess this is what the writer meant when he talked about Buhari risking impeachment.
I totally concur with you on this one.

You guys should quit the emotional blackmail already.
If I saw this topic again, I would post it a hundred times over. Learning never stops.

Btw, you feel disappointed by my thread just once and you're complaining?
What about you and you and you who have been disappointing me since time immemorial?

Talk anything joor abegundecided
you know I don't do emotional blackmail. If it were another person, I'd come with the iron-fist and probably get a pound of flesh.

Don't think this is the first time you are a making a real balls-up of yourself; this is one of the hundreds(b in your name, but I personally chose to ignore them due to the fact I have that modicum respect for you and, our relationship is not based always on what pdp and apc throw at us or throw us into.

My disappointment with you is not premised on your post here, but on your inability to make reference to legal literature and records on cases like this one bro subscribing to this fatuous article from a fatuous source. It shows one is bereft of that modicum knowledge of things, if u just take everything as a point of mark to identify with...like u did on this.

Who cares .... undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:19am On Sep 19, 2015
Wildrage:

In the rule of interpretation, when there is a specific provision it overrides any general provision in the constitution. Section 174 deals with the powers and responsibilities of an attorney general which can be exercised by any other senior officer in the ministry of justice so empowered in the absence of a substantive AG. The provision of the CCB envisage a substantive AG and conferred on him specific responsibilities which only he can exercise or expressly delegate. The reason most high profile accuse escape justice is because those saddled with the responsibility to investigate and prosecute wittingly or unwittingly leave legal lacunas or breach the legal procedure which eventually leads to unending litigation or technical acquittal
Which constitution/Act are you interpreting from? If it's an Act, then the Constitution overrides ANY Act that is in conflict! If it is from the Constitution then I will like to see the relevant section. This is a Constitutional matter not an emotional one

2 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Greyworld: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2015
Alezy:
God bless you

And yu 2m
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Atlantian: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2015
Double standard is when you prosecute Saraki and leave Tinubu to walk free. This is the APC change you wanted dear morons, now you have it.

Goodluck Nigerians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by MizMyColi(f): 9:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Caseless:
you know I don't do emotional blackmail. If it were another person, I'd come with the iron-fist and probably get a pound of flesh.

Don't think this is the first time you are a making a real balls-up of yourself; this is one of the hundreds(b in your name, but I personally chose to ignore them due to the fact I have that modicum respect for you and, our relationship is not based always on what pdp and apc throw at us or throw us into.

My disappointment with you is not premised on your post here, but on your inability to make reference to legal literature and records on cases like this one bro subscribing to this fatuous article from a fatuous source. It shows one is bereft of that modicum knowledge of things, if u just take everything as a point of mark to identify with...like u did on this.

Who cares .... undecided

So far so good, nothing the OP says has been proven a lie.
The issue of contention here is the Buhari Impeachment...which discerning minds already appropriated to continued actions in these lines.

This is a forum and like I said, learning never stops...

If I post something which seems correct to me and in the long run, a superior argument strikes mine out, everyone is better for it.
You claim you are my friend, when you saw the rubbish that I posted, did you so much as quote me to say, "No, Miz, it is like this and like this....Did you do anything to help me get better, knowledge wise?"
No.
You saw someone condemning me and you hopped right in to register yours.

Emotionally blackmailing me and perhaps indirectly insinuating what I know you are insinuating is so not cool. Not coolundecided

2 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Wildrage: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Which constitution/Act are you interpreting from? If it's an Act, then the Constitution overrides ANY Act that is in conflict! If it is from the Constitution then I will like to see the relevant section. This is a Constitutional matter not an emotional one

Check section 24 (2) of the code of conduct bureau and tribunal Act. Like I stated earlier, section 174 of the constitution deals with the powers of the attorney general to institute criminal cases in regular courts and in the absence of an AG the constitution allows other officers in the ministry of justice to exercise such powers. In the case of non compliance with CCB ACT on asset declaration and related breaches, the procedure is specific and unambiguous, only an AG or someone he specifically authorise at federal and state level can bring a charge on behalf of the fed govt against an accuse. This provision is not in conflict with section 174 of the constitution and therefore not void. In my considered opinion, this case would go on appeal and the appellate court is bound to side with Saraki and his counsel

4 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by uniklinkum(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2015
We have seen through her emptiness and stupidity long time ago. Anyways good you are disgracing yourself and your family on a larger front.

2 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2015
Too many blockheads on NL.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by baralatie(m): 9:19am On Sep 19, 2015
op! modify your topic as it is not in relation to the issue at hand!
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Wildrage: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

So far so good, nothing the OP says has been proven a lie.
The issue of contention here is the Buhari Impeachment...which discerning minds already appropriated to continued actions in these lines.

This is a forum and like I said, learning never stops...

If I post something which seems correct to me and in the long run, a superior argument strikes mine out, everyone is better for it.
You claim you are my friend, when you saw the rubbish that I posted, did you so much as quote me to say, "No, Miz, it is like this and like this....Did you do anything to help me get better, knowledge wise?"
No.
You saw someone condemning me and you hopped right in to register yours.

Emotionally blackmailing me and perhaps indirectly insinuating what I know you are insinuating is so not cool. Not coolundecided

Morning, you are very correct, the National Assembly has the constitutional latitude to determine what constitute an impeachable offense, even the way the president laughs in public may be considered an offense worthy of impeachment, so the Daura bigot has to thread carefully

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:29am On Sep 19, 2015
Oga, let's stop arguing emotionally. The section 174(1) was NOT about only regular court.... Lemme quot it

"(1) The Attorney-General of the Federation shall have power
(a) to institute and undertake criminal proceedings against any person before any court of law in Nigeria, other than a court- martial, in respect of any offence created by or under any Act of the National Assembly";

Subsection 2 of 174 further stated that...
(2) The powers conferred upon the Attorney- General of the Federation under subsection (1) of this section may be exercised by him in person or through officers of his department.

That has nullified your argument.
Wildrage:

Check section 24 (2) of the code of conduct bureau and tribunal Act. Like I stated earlier, section 174 of the constitution deals with the powers of the attorney general to institute criminal cases in regular courts and in the absence of an AG the constitution allows other officers in the ministry of justice to exercise such powers. In the case of non compliance with CCB ACT on asset declaration and related breaches, the procedure is specific and unambiguous, only an AG or someone he specifically authorise at federal and state level can bring a charge on behalf of the fed govt against an accuse. This provision is not in conflict with section 174 of the constitution and therefore not void. In my considered opinion, this case would go on appeal and the appellate court is bound to side with Saraki and his counsel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Budget 2017 : China May Withhold $29.9b Loans / Okorocha, Ganduje, Oyegun, At APC National Working Committee Meeting In Abuja / Federal High Court Allows Sitting Cabinet Members Partake In Conventions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.