Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Are Young People Interested In Politics - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Are Young People Interested In Politics (758 Views)

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! / Ghananian Minister Sacked After Saying To Stay In Politics Till She Makes $1m / London's Young People Are Rioting Because They See No Future - Lara Oyedele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Young People Interested In Politics by SSLondon: 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2009
Hi all,

First of all, forgive me if the question seems a little too general. But I would like to know how much young Nigerians of say 15 - 25 years are commonly engaged in politics. A commonly cited problem here in the UK is that young people are apathetic to current affairs. I was wondering, is it the same in Nigeria?

Do you think young people are fairly knowledgeable about both internal and external politics? Would you be able to suggest any topics or issues that would encourage young people to watch the news or read the papers and engage in political debates?

Do you think existing news outlets are doing enough to attract young people in Nigeria? If so what?

I would really appreciate any insight you can give me or any personal experience is welcome too.

Thank you for your help.

SS

(1) (Reply)

Iran 'to Release' Reporter Saberi / Foolish Middle-class Mother Who Fell In Love With Nigerian She Met On Web: / South Sudan's Challenge To Africa's Colonial Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.