Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil (2488 Views)

Reward For Moslem Women / "jesus Came To A Moslem When Everyone Else Has Left Him To Die” / Jack Straw Versus The Veil Of Aisha Bint Talha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Aggressa(m): 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila: You have a very great imagination. Your dream is really a nightmare. You will see it very clearly, when the Angel of death is extracting your soul at the point of death. Then, it will be too late. Indeed, it is then that you will know.

@ 'yeye warrior' Olabowale,
By every probability, the angel of death is going to extract your soul before mine, but I do not want you to know the truth then, as it will be too late. Even though I despise everything your represent in life (which is bitterness, anger, hatred, intolerance, misery etc), I still love you with the love of God because my God is Love and he commands me to love even my enemies; so let the Light of the World shine into your stony heart before it is too late
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Orikinla(m): 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2006
Havila:

@ 'yeye warrior' Olabowale,
By every probability, the angel of death is going to extract your soul before mine, but I do not want you to know the truth then, as it will be too late. Even though I despise everything your represent in life (which is bitterness, anger, hatred, intolerance, misery etc), I still love you with the love of God because my God is Love and he commands me to love even my enemies; so let the Light of the World shine into your stony heart before it is too late

Havila,
Let me just quote from an Islamic scholar I am consulting to write my historical romance.
To clarify the minds of the cosmetic Muslims and their lunatic fringe elements who misinterpete their own prophet (pbuh).

[b]Fatwa
On wearing nikab
In Allah’s name, His mercy is infinite and eternal! Hoping on the Single God, the Posessor of true knowledge and wisdom, I pray to Him for strength and skills to express a humble judgement that would correspond to the truth of God’s Word, and not to the temporal knowledge of this age.
The issue of wearing nikab[1] has been the object of theological discussions for a long time.
The lack of clear injunctions in the Holy Qur’an and the Sunna on this issue has become the main reason for the differences among scholars; which in its turn allows the theologians of idjtihad to proceed from these or those allusions comprised in the qur’anic ayat and ahadith. In every specific case the Muslim exegetics leaves the possibility to reduce or expand the interpretation of the qur’anic text. At the same time one should always bear in mind that all scholars who study such secondary theological and legal issues - both those who express a wrong judgement and those who make a more accurate judgement – will be rewarded for their efforts and sincere intentions before the Lord, which is proved in one of the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (may the Lord greet and bless him).
It is important to note that under the norms of Shariat wearing nikab is not obligatory (wajib) and it is admissible (jaiz) for a Muslim woman to reveal her face and hands before foreign men. This has been the conclusion of the vast majority of theologians since the times of the Prophet’s companions.
Let us consider the opinions of authoritative mudjtahids of all the four schools of Islamic thought.
The scholars of the Hanafi school of thought believe that “it is forbidden to look at the bare parts of the body of a foreign woman except at her face and hands”. Imam Abu Hanifa adds that “the feet are an exception as well in this case, for it is extremely difficult to cover them all the time”.
The reason for such judgement is the ayah:”, to cover their adornments (except such as are normally displayed)” (the Holy Qur’an, 24:31). The vast majority of the Prophet’s companions asserted that the last words of the ayah implied “woman’s face and hands”.
The mudjtahids of the Hanafi school of thought also stipulate for that “if a look at a foreign woman’s face and hands gives man a sweet delight (shahwat) it is forbidden to look at them. As far as touching a foreign woman’s face and hands is concerned it is strongly prohibited even if this action does not provide pleasure. Yet old people[2] and little children are an exception to this rule”.[3]
The theologians of the Maliki school of thought write:”The ‘aurah (i.e. the parts of the body which should be covered under canonical injunctions) of a woman in the presence of a foreign man (i.e. a man whom she may marry because of the lack of kindred relations between them) is all her body with the exception of her face and hands. They (these parts of her body) are not ‘aurah” (the scholars of the Shafi’i school of thought hold the same opinion). A prominent scholar of the Maliki school of thought as-Sawi adds in his comment:”It is permitted to look at these two parts of the body – face and hands – provided that he who looks does not feel a sweet delight at their sight. Otherwise such action is prohibited (haram)”.[4]
According to the view of the Hanbali scholars: “We are unanimous in permitting women to reveal their faces when offering prayers (which means that the face is not an ‘aurah). A woman is forbidden to reveal her body before foreign men except her face and hands”.[5]
We know from an authentic hadith transmitted by Ibn ‘Umar that “Prophet Muhammad forbade Muslim women making pilgrimage to wear gloves and nikab” (the holy ahadith from al-Bukhari). The adduced hadith proves that women used to conceal their faces and hands in the times of the Prophet, but these parts of the body are not ‘aurah, for God’s Apostle ordered women not to cover them during pilgrimage.
In addition to what has been said above let us adduce another two ahadith to the point.
The Prophet’s wife ‘Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) transmitted:” Once my niece looked in at our house. At her sight the Prophet turned away. I said:”This is my niece!” The Prophet answered:”If a girl reaches puberty and she has her menses, it is inadmissible for her to reveal any parts of the body except her face and this (then the Prophet grappled his other hand in such a manner that between the grasp and the wrist there was a space of one grasp left)”.[6]
A prominent theologian imam an-Nawawi said:”The hands with the wrists are not ‘aurah”.
Asma’, daughter of Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with her) once entered Prophet Muhammad’s house (may the Lord greet and bless him). She had fine transparent clothes on. After seeing her the Prophet turned aside and said:”Asma’! When a girl reaches puberty it is inadmissible for her to reveal any part of her body except this and this (and the Apostle pointed at the face and hands)”.
Thus it follows from everything that has been said afore that nikab can be worn but it is not canonically obligatory.
In Russia where Muslims constitute a many-millioned though a religious minority of the population and it is of primary importance to create a positive image of Islam within the society by means of the propagation (da’wa) of its spiritual and moral values (both by personal example, pious behavior, appearance), it would be more reasonable for Muslim women to wear the appropriate clothes without nikab.
I beg God, He is the Compassionate and the Merciful, to accept this work which has been produced only with the hope for His kindness and forgive me my probable mistakes and sins, for the only intention I had was to bring good to people who follow His path, He is worshipped by everyone and everything that is in heaven and on earth.

[1] Nikab (Arab.) is one of the attributes of Muslim women’s clothes. It is a fine tissue with a cut for eyes covering the woman’s face. See: Mu’djamu lyugati al-fukaha’. P. 486.
[2] It is known that Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) sometimes shook hands with old women.
[3] Madjduddin A. Al-ihtiyar li ta’lil al-muhtar. Volume 4, p. 156, 157.
[4] A quotation from: Al-Qardawi U. Fatawa mu’assyra. Volume 2, p. 314, 315.
[5] Al-Qardawi Y. Fatawa mu’assyra. Volume 2, p. 315.
[6] Al-Qurtubi M. Al-djami’ li ahkam al-qur’an. Volume 12, p. 152.
http://umma.ws/Fatwa/nikab/[/b]
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2006
Olabowole,you are thrilled going round and round.
My stand and the stand of several people is that TODAY in the world especially the west,the hooded type of veil that covers the whole human face except 2 peep holes for eyes should be banned.
The one orikinla called a nikab,should be banned.
That is what the Liberian woman was referring to.

You don't seem to get it.
If your wife or wives must wear ojuju calabar,keep her at home or move to pakistan.

I have never been against the simple head covers that allows the face to be shown.
Some Christians like deeper life even wear something similar,that is OK by me.

But we must be able to say the face of people around us,is that too hard for you to understand?

One last thing not wearing a veil does not mean one is exposing themselves as you choose to say.
If you are turned on by seeing a womans neck, arms and legs,you must be living under a terrible bondage.
Hope you've not pounced on anyone as yet.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Orikinla(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2006
babyosisi:

Olabowole,you are thrilled going round and round.
My stand and the stand of several people is that TODAY in the world especially the west,the hooded type of veil that covers the whole human face except 2 peep holes for eyes should be banned.
The one orikinla called a nikab,should be banned.
That is what the Liberian woman was referring to.

You don't seem to get it.
If your wife or wives must wear ojuju calabar,keep her at home or move to pakistan.

I have never been against the simple head covers that allows the face to be shown.
Some Christians like deeper life even wear something similar,that is OK by me.

But we must be able to say the face of people around us,is that too hard for you to understand?

One last thing not wearing a veil does not mean one is exposing themselves as you choose to say.
If you are turned on by seeing a womans neck, arms and legs,you must be living under a terrible bondage.
Hope you've not pounced on anyone as yet.

Babyosisi,
I love them to be covered with the nikab and all, because I enjoy undressing them. grin
The longer it takes me to UnCloth her the longer the pre-intimacy.

I will not post the erotic scenes of Unveil Me, My Love on Nairaland.
Even as I was writing how Hasan Addullah unveiled his beloved and pulled up her burqa, it was very vivid as he entered her. grin

When one of my Muslim female friends showed up in blouse and denim pants, I told her to go back and put on her hijab and the burqa. Because, seeing her coming dressed like going for a costume party is very exciting! wink
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2006
@ Olabowale

Pray ignorant soul, where are the white women "freely" donning the hijab in the USA?

And why where the Afghan women celebrating the fall of the Taliban if they were "freely" donning the hijab?

I pity your poor misquided nieces who cant recognise bondage when they are knee deep in it.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2006
biko orikinla,why are you so obsessed with sexuality.
do you have time for anything else?
you need deliverance O
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Orikinla(m): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2006
babyosisi:

biko orikinla,why are you so obsessed with sexuality.
do you have time for anything else?
you need deliverance O

But you know it is safer to talk about it than to mess around with it.

I just like making fun of sex.

The more we demystify our sexuality the more we can mortify, purify and sanctify our body.

What I am trying to say is that covering up from head to toe is not the insurance for sexual harassment.

The hood does not make the monk or the nun.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2006
orikinla are your parents Igbo and Yoruba,I'm wondering why you have a Yoruba first name and an Igbo last name.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by olabowale(m): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Babyosisi; You should have Yoruba babies. Are you going to discriminate that opportunity. The children will be more Nigerian. Just as Orikinla, except they will be muslims.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Orikinla(m): 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2006
babyosisi:

orikinla are your parents Igbo and Yoruba,I'm wondering why you have a Yoruba first name and an Igbo last name.

My parents were Igbos.
I already told you on another thread.
But I read and write Yoruba more than Igbo.
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by smilyi(m): 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2006
let the igbo man deal with igbo man.thank
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by uzoexcel(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
interesting arguments
Re: Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil by Emyben(m): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
olabowale: @Havila: It is you who has failed to think with your brain. Amongst the British whites, Asiatics and blacks, you have Muslims. I guessit has not registered inyour mind that the women are making a conscious choice to veil themselves from people like you. You have to see the face and the body of a person before you can fully communicate, right? Shame. Would you expose any of your woman folks to sexual vultures, potential sexual criminals, who are only waiting for the right opportunity to do their evil deeds?

England is a multiculture and multireligion society. How then do you discard Islam, when the Nuns wear their garments and the sihks wear their headwraps?

You must really be a disgenuious and hypocritical in your reasoning. You need to start to do better.

If u dare say England is multi religious...i will have ur brain checked. England is a Christian country, majorly Anglican. Got only Muslim immigrants so they got to conform to the directives of their host community.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. / How Can People Still Believe God Doesn't Exist. / China Government Bans Muslims From Fasting In The Month Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.