Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS (1802 Views)

"Ethnic Cleansing" At Nigeria Customs? - By Mefor / Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS / Drama At NIMASA As Jauro Displaces Obi As Acting DG (2) (3) (4)

Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by yungpowers(m): 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
LAGOS SEPTEMBER 19TH (URHOBOTODAY)-
Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety
Agency (NIMASA) has began the implementation
of the planned sack of over two hundred staff.
Following what industry observers have termed
“ethnic cleansing” of those employed during the
tenure of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
The 25 people in the first batch of staff to be
sacked have been given their dismissal letters,
most of them cut across junior and
management staff, who were employed by the
last administration of Mr. Patrick
Akpobolokemi, and the former DG, Mr.
Temisan Omatseye, were dismissed by the
agency yesterday.
A list of the sacked staff made available
indicates that most of affected staff are from
the South South and South East geo-political
zones. This according to maritime industry
watchers, is nothing but victimization. A
notable maritime expert, Barrister Cajitan
Ilomuanyan, said “this act is very unfortunate
as much as it is audacious”.
Speaking further, ilomuanya asserted that the
sack of workers from a particular region is
selective and cannot be justified; “what we
are witnessing since the emergency of Mr.
Haruna Baba Jauro is demotion of staff while
he is promoting people of his region; this no
doubt is creating problem for President
Buhari, as this tend to create an impression
that the President is against other ethnic
regions”.
Nonetheless, all attempts to contact the Deputy
Director and Head of Public Relations of
NIMASA, Hajia Lammy Tumaka, proved
abortive, as all calls placed to her numbers
were not answered or returned.
234 Press Nigeria.
Source=> http://urhobotoday.com/?p=18882

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by Lordave: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
Buhari the 'Ditacmocrat'

Brace yourselves, Buhari ass-leakers are coming to tell us they're all incompetent.
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by midehi2(f): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
this is not fair sha, i pity those that it affected, where will they start from again..pls Buhari should look into this cos we are all innocent nigerians happy to have this jobs, laying them off with no reason is not nice
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by johnserek: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
EMPLOY SOUTH SOUTH SACK SOUTH EAST CHIKENA
SOUTH SOUTH IS KEY

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by Lordave: 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
johnserek:
SOUTH SOUTH IS KEY
I hope you're not siting on your brain?

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by philfrey08: 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
This Johnderek sef needs baptism.... anywhere there's "Ethnic " you r always found. undecided
johnserek:
SOUTH SOUTH IS KEY

Anyway, what we want is job welldone. If he decides to put his brothers, na him sabi.
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by phemmyutd(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
am I the only one seeing the useless source?

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by superstar1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
What a useless source.

However, the reports says they were employed by Temisan Omatseye the former DG.

The question is, were there no other regions that he made it a point of duty to only employ people from only SE and SS?

If this is ethnic cleansing, the former DG's action is Ethnic Nepotism, Ethnic Gangsterism and Ethnic Favouritism.

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
Good news. Biafra will engaged them. Total separation or nothing
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by kotv: 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2015
What do we except from a party with a northernization agenda

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
I am really happy about all this

I warned Igbos about the Igbo and few SS people shameful recruitment into federal ministries and parastatals during Jonathan administration.

Igbos became the DGs of most of our paratatals and what these guys started doing after assuming office was shocking and disappointing to say the least. These DO started recruiting their fellow Igbo kinsmen.

Pls, go and check the numbers of Igbos recruited into federal ministries and parastatals in the last 6 years, you ll be shocked at their sheer evil.

The earlier Nigerians come together and send these cowards out this country, the better for all.

Go to Igbo owned companies and see pure tribalism at its peak with their recruitment and make your way to other Nigerians' owned companies to see civilisation at its best.

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
I smell biafra,its coming closer

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by fiizznation: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2015
Over the years I have come to realized that this forum is anti-northern forum were every lie and half truths are said about the good people of northern Nigeria. I'm not trained to say lies and spread hate against any group of persons but am very certain that many people have a date with the truth someday.

The north is not a monster or a ghost, so I really find it worrisome when people exhibit their northernphobia all over this forum. We are the most accommodating and hospitable people in Nigeria, the number of southerners doing their businesses freely and acquiring enormous lands in our region can clearly show how accommodative we are.

I think the owner of this forum, Mr seun have to do something about the northernerphobia threads that are flying around in this site. Sane northerners like myself don't really feel comfortable with all the lies about northerners that is daily been cooked up here.

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by aminho(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
fiizznation:
Over the years I have come to realized that this forum is anti-northern forum were every lie and half truths are said about the good people of northern Nigeria. I'm not trained to say lies and spread hate against any group of persons but am very certain that many people have a date with the truth someday.

The north is not a monster or a ghost, so I really find it worrisome when people exhibit their northernphobia all over this forum. We are the most accommodating and hospitable people in Nigeria, the number of southerners doing their businesses freely and acquiring enormous lands in our region can clearly show how accommodative we are.

I think the owner of this forum, Mr seun have to do something about the northernerphobia threads that are flying around in this site. Sane northerners like myself don't really feel comfortable with all the lies about northerners that is daily been cooked up here.
hakane dan uwa kabar su da halinsu
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by omenka(m): 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
midehi2:
this is not fair sha, i pity those that it affected, where will they start from again..pls Buhari should look into this cos we are all innocent nigerians happy to have this jobs, laying them off with no reason is not nice
And you believe the trash written up there? News of this magnitude exists and it isn't captured by any known newspaper. Don't be fooled, some people would say and do anything to pull this govt down. People laid off by banks and some other companies were reported in mainstream media but when nimassa lays off "200 ss and se staff", only one "urhobo today" blog carries the news.

Lovinhubby can you see what some of your so called brothers are doing?? They are the ones giving the Igbos a bad name.

@ Seun, Lalasticlala, this op deserves a lengthy ban for "spreading false news on the site" in contravention of Rule 8.

Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by omenka(m): 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
PrinceBundu:
I smell biafra,its coming closer
And spreading blatant lies is how you people intend to go about getting biafra.

Sometimes I don't even blame those who take it out on you. Such disgusting pieces of shiiit.

#Spits on thread.
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by midehi2(f): 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
omenka:
And you believe the trash written up there? News of this magnitude exists and it isn't captured by any known newspaper. Don't be fooled, some people would say and do anything to pull this govt down. People laid off by banks and some other companies were reported in mainstream media but when nimassa lays off "200 ss and se staff", only one "urhobo today" blog carries the news.

Lovinhubby can you see what some of your so called brothers are doing?? They are the ones giving the Igbos a bad name.

@ Seun, Lalasticlala, this op deserves a lengthy ban for "spreading false news on the site" in contravention of Rule 8.
hmmm...i thought as much.
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by Sunnymatey(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
lf nigerians cannot see themselves as one either while making appointment or terminating one, then we are in for a very l.o.o.o.o.n.g thing.
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by ola6: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
The nepotism under GEJ was very bad especially by the Igbos because of Anyim Puis Anyim. Every other ethnic group was sidelined. Even in NIMASA, there are only a few SSoutherners and Yorubas...everyother thing Igbo. Why? Abeg Buhari even though I didnt vote for you, install back sanity.

There was no reason for nepotism. If its access to sea, then the Yorubas and S-Southern should have it all. So Buhari, bring back Federal Character and let every state and region be represented. Igbos and Nepotism are like twins. They follow each other.

Call me a tribalist but I spoke the truth. Anyone in the Federal Civil Service can testify to this.
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by koma1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
FolarinLondon:
I am really happy about all this

I warned Igbos about the Igbo and few SS people shameful recruitment into federal ministries and parastatals during Jonathan administration.

Igbos became the DGs of most of our paratatals and what these guys started doing after assuming office was shocking and disappointing to say the least. These DO started recruiting their fellow Igbo kinsmen.

Pls, go and check the numbers of Igbos recruited into federal ministries and parastatals in the last 6 years, you ll be shocked at their sheer evil.

The earlier Nigerians come together and send these cowards out this country, the better for all.

Go to Igbo owned companies and see pure tribalism at its peak with their recruitment and make your way to other Nigerians' owned companies to see civilisation at its best.

you are right my brother go to companies owned by igbos you'll hardly see people of other tribes.they took advantage of GEJ reign to flood there people into federal parastatals at the detriment of others. no wonder they wanted GEJ to continue my all means but God pass them
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by chiefmidwife: 5:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
Biafra is the answer Embrace Biafra and our problem will be a thing of past
Re: Ethnic Cleansing: NIMASA DG, Baba Jauro Sacks 200 South- South/ South-east NIMAS by Koolmexxi(m): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
All these una questionable sauce sef. Too much Maggi nd pepper.

It’s Time To Carve Out Biafra From Nigeria / PHOTOS: Police Attack Fan In Enugu For Displaying Biafra Flag In Stadium / Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari