Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,903 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari (1799 Views)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Fayose On FRESH 105.9FM Ibadan: "Ekiti Will Be In Economic Bondage Till 2036" / Obasanjo: Buhari Not Hot In Economic Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by soldierkunle: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari said he was averse to the inclusion of members of the private sector in his administration’s Economic Management Team because such people frequently steer government policy to suit their own narrow interests.
According to a statement by the Presidency on Sunday, the President spoke in an interview he granted a magazine, The Interview.
Buhari was said to be reacting to criticisms that he has no economic team.
During the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, private sector players such as Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Mr. Femi Otedola, Mr. Tony Elumelu, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede and Mr. Atedo Peterside among others were members of the EMT.
But the President said he did not include private players in his team because such people do not work for the over-all national interest.
He said, “The Vice-President heads our Economic Management Team.
“You have Finance Minister, Budget and Planning Minister, Minister for Industry, Trade and Investments, Governor at the Central Bank, National Economic Adviser and others. Some still ask for a team. I don’t know how they define the word ‘team.’
“We will listen to everybody but we are averse to economic team whose private sector members frequently steer government policy to suit their own narrow interests rather than the over-all national interest.”
Buhari also said that one of the things on his priority list is to change the way things are done in Nigeria.
He said that was the only way that could lead the nation into a great future.
Buhari was also said to have expressed his desire to see a Nigeria where all funds are used to the benefit of the common man.
“My wish is that we will truly change the way we do things in Nigeria. Therein lies the future of our country as a great entity.
“I also wish for a fully diversified Nigerian economy which is no longer dependent on oil only and a Nigeria where every naira that comes into the treasury is used for the good of the people, particularly, the ordinary people,” the President said. https://www.today.ng/news/national/157448/excluded-private-sector-players-economic-team-buhari

1 Like

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
i think he has a good point there.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Hawx(m): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
Somehow
Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by cckris: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
Buhari is a control freak, & insists on working with people that MUST do as DICTATES.

#buhariisadictator

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by kayfra: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
If indeed he said that then he is more stupid than I initially thought.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by ojun50(m): 10:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ntin right about dis Nigeria should be prepared for d worst till after 2019...

Nd edo people should nt vote for APC

3 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by deji68: 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
ok oo this Baba and is your "analog " thinking sha ...private sector interest is not national interest abi?...The private sector employs most of the workforce in our country if he doesnt know, make dem tell am coolcool

9 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by talk2hb1(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Okay Ooo..
But here is my predictions for Nigeria Online Businesses http://www.qlickas.com/2016/05/31/a-peep-into-the-amazing-future-of-nigeria-ict/
Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Luckylife(m): 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
No economy that can flourish if all the sectors are not considered because all still sum up the citizens of a country. No wonder he never venture in reputable business as a former tyrant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by mazichika: 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
This guy is dull maka chukwu!

How do you intend to diversify and improve the economy without the input of the private sector biko nu?

This mistake must not be repeated come 2019.

12 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Alleybuy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
While u r at it, why are u excluding a zone of the country from ur appointments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by STARGREEN(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if Mr. President thinks towards realities of 21 century. just imagine his claims... believe it or not without private sector getting mutually involved those your yes yes boys like Lia'' will keep promoting you as if you're doing well. Please be informed that nothing good as such is working right now except Blaming Jonathan ... figuratively speaking

1 Like

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Ngokafor(f): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
kayfra:

....Terming him stuupid is an understatement.

....You have to find out if the illiterate fulani herdsman called buhari knows what private sector even means.. undecided

..He is indeed a failure of epic proportions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by idupaul: 10:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
This man keeps consolidating his parochial and primitive nature daily ..Buhari is a 16th century style leader leading a nation in the 21st century.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
I lost hope in anything meaningful happening in Naija till 2019

Does this man know that the govt has no business in doing business?

No economy survives without carrying the private sectors along.

This same dangote he just mentioned is the same man they are all banking on his refinery project come 2018. The refinery that will kinda make naija petroleum product sufficient. The refinery that will improve our external reserve, the refinery that will decrease the load on fx.

If the other or past administration didn't carry these sets of people along, probably he(PmB) wouldn't be banking on anything to save the petroleum sector and the economy @large, because from the look of things, capital projects ain't gonna be executed @least upto 50%, now, how are these people gonna get money to improve on our already existing refineries or even build new ones? That means, we will be stuck with immobility for the next 10yrs @least.

I just can't wait for 2019.

It is on record,PMB is the worst president ever in Nigeria, (both as a military leader and a civilian leader)

8 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by PigMeat: 1:20am On Jul 25, 2016
kayfra:
Buhari is an Economic terrorist. His naivety in making decisions and non-decisions partaining the economy of this nation is unimaginable. It is now official to us all that we dont have president. Nigeria is rudderless.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by PigMeat: 1:27am On Jul 25, 2016
mazichika:
This guy is dull maka chukwu!

How do you intend to diversify and improve the economy without the input of the private sector biko nu?

This mistake must not be repeated come 2019.
Pertinent question. Infact the economic progress of any nation depends so much on the private sectors, the govt is only there to make thriving ground and good policies to enhance the growth this private owners. The buhari dude is bereft of ravages of economical prowess, the worst he doesnt take advice. Such a dictator and a tyrant. Gej and Okonja will be somwhere there laughin hard at him.

1 Like

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 25, 2016
monitoragent:
During the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, private sector players such as Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Mr. Femi Otedola, Mr. Tony Elumelu, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede and Mr. Atedo Peterside among others were members of the EMT.
But the President said he did not include private players in his team because such people do not work for the over-all national interest .

PMB just spoke the gospel truth, these people are their for their own narrow interests, where did they land us in at last?

But I'm sure some people coz of the deeply rooted hatred for the President wouldn't agree.

-Tony Elumelu ended up getting the Ughelli Power Plant in the name of privatisation,
-Dangote got his fair share by securing steady dollars from the FG for his Lagos refinery,
- Femi Otedola, as you know, represents the oil cabals.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by monitoragent: 1:39am On Jul 25, 2016
If he said so, then i agree with d president this time
soldierkunle:
President Muhammadu Buhari said he was averse to the inclusion of members of the private sector in his administration’s Economic Management Team because such people frequently steer government policy to suit their own narrow interests.
According to a statement by the Presidency on Sunday, the President spoke in an interview he granted a magazine, The Interview.
Buhari was said to be reacting to criticisms that he has no economic team.
But the President said he did not include private players in his team because such people do not work for the over-all national interest.
He said, “The Vice-President heads our Economic Management Team.
“You have Finance Minister, Budget and Planning Minister, Minister for Industry, Trade and Investments, Governor at the Central Bank, National Economic Adviser and others. Some still ask for a team. I don’t know how they define the word ‘team.’
“We will listen to everybody but we are averse to economic team whose private sector members frequently steer government policy to suit their own narrow interests rather than the over-all national interest.”
Buhari also said that one of the things on his priority list is to change the way things are done in Nigeria.
He said that was the only way that could lead the nation into a great future.
Buhari was also said to have expressed his desire to see a Nigeria where all funds are used to the benefit of the common man.
“My wish is that we will truly change the way we do things in Nigeria. Therein lies the future of our country as a great entity.
“I also wish for a fully diversified Nigerian economy which is no longer dependent on oil only and a Nigeria where every naira that comes into the treasury is used for the good of the people, particularly, the ordinary people,” the President said. https://www.today.ng/news/national/157448/excluded-private-sector-players-economic-team-buhari

1 Like

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by sambos994(m): 2:15am On Jul 25, 2016
Na wa oooo. Buhari, you better put your money where mouth is. Nigeria is falling and theres nothing to cushion it when it lands.
Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 2:43am On Jul 25, 2016
Bolustic:

PMB just spoke the gospel truth, these people are their for their own narrow interests, where did they land us in at last?

But I'm sure some people coz of the deeply rooted hatred for the President wouldn't agree.

-Tony Elumelu ended up getting the Ughelli Power Plant in the name of privatisation,
-Dangote got his fair share by securing steady dollars from the FG for his Lagos refinery,
na who be this na

Small time the fulani man go order these private business men not to sack nigerians. ...

If Buhari feels these private sector stakeholders seek for their own personal pursuits why not look for more sincere persons(from the private sector) since he even has eagle eyes for spotting perfect incorruptible angels...

The president we have is a failure...Buhari is a stone. ..can't think beyond what ever he knows about the past...

4 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by DeKen: 3:35am On Jul 25, 2016
This makes sense. Some of those private sector players had recommended the devaluation of the Naira as the best way to safe the economy, but after govt conceded, the opposite seems to hold. The Naira lost more value with resultant effect on the prices of goods and services.

Most Private Sector players are very selfish and self centered. They will simply steer the economy into their pockets.

1 Like

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by BlackSeptember: 3:39am On Jul 25, 2016
Bolustic:

I don't know why a corper who still live on government stipend will be disturbing our ears with kiddies rant

1 Like

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by naijaking1: 3:50am On Jul 25, 2016
chigoizie7:
I lost hope in anything meaningful happening in Naija till 2019

Does this man know that the govt has no business in doing business?

No economy survives without carrying the private sectors along.

Sometimes understanding basic economics has a role in one's decision, especially as a president.
About 80-90% of our economy is run from a private sector point of view, but the president doesn't know that.
What does he really know without a basic WAEC?

1 Like

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by FoodVendors: 5:16am On Jul 25, 2016
buhari just want to administrate Nigeria meanwhile the economy is shrinking by contraction
Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by IstandWitBuhari: 5:18am On Jul 25, 2016
This Mumu president thinks we are still in the analogue age,click like if you think buhari is a dullard

3 Likes

Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Vatsyayana: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2016
You need a chilled LIMCA, the way you boil whenever you see anything Buhari will give you high BP o!
Dictator ko Darector ni

cckris:
Buhari is a control freak, & insists on working with people that MUST do as DICTATES.

#buhariisadictator
Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by chigoizie7(m): 8:33am On Jul 25, 2016
Bolustic:

This same dangote refinery that PMB admin is banking on to stabilise the inflow and outflow of fx for the betterment of the entire economy?

Oga, the govt has no business in doing business, all they do all over the world is create an enabling environment and make policies and rules so that the private sectors can thrive, they are the highest employer of labour, highest producers, highest service rendering, just name it.

If he thinks private sectors are selfish, he could use his office as the president to make rules that will favour the economy @large and not side lining this economic drivers
Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by AZeD1(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2016
It's funny that the people calling Buhari a dullard are dullards themselves.
chigoizie7:

This same dangote refinery that PMB admin is banking on to stabilise the inflow and outflow of fx for the betterment of the entire economy?
Oga, the govt has no business in doing business, all they do all over the world is create an enabling environment and make policies and rules so that the private sectors can thrive, they are the highest employer of labour, highest producers, highest service rendering, just name it.
If he thinks private sectors are selfish, he could use his office as the president to make rules that will favour the economy @large and not side lining this economic drivers
The role of the economic management team is policy making. Having private people in the team gives them an unfair advantage.
E.g putting Dangote in the economic management team means that he would have first hand information/input on any policy relating to cement and would therefore position his factories to reap the benefits.

There's a reason why Ibeto and Bua can't compete with Dangote.
Re: Why I Excluded Private Sector Players In Economic Team – Buhari by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2016
PMB is right. Many of the economic policies of the Federal Government, from SAP in 1986 till date, have all concentrated wealth in the hands of the few and dispersed misery in the lives of the many. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that selfish interest drove those economic policies. It is also true that many in the private sector are capable of economic sabotage to advance their selfish interests. But this isn't peculiar to Nigeria, it's everywhere!

However, my problem with the president isn't about this obvious conflict of interest but how he manages it. For instance, need he tell the world out loud why "private sector people" aren't prominent in his economic team? Besides, I believe there are still good people, albeit a few, in the private sector whose experience could provide more colour and energy to PMB's economic team.

(1) (Reply)

NBA Demands Release Of Detained Supreme Court Justices / Abia State Speaker Resigns To Pave Way For Ikuku TA Orji's Son ? / I Called Wike , But Dss Edited Our Phone Conversation - - Gov . Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.