Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

**Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** (738 Views)

See The States In Nigeria With The Most Beautiful Girls / When She Likes Bringing Friends Along To Dates / My Ex Who Is Married Is On My Neck. Advice Pls [screen Shots] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Chib4u: 9:38am On Apr 13, 2009
Hi people,
I really do need ur advice on this one people. I intend to bring my wife over to the states and i've been advisedĀ  to file for the fiancee visa (K-1) because it is faster (apparently it would take about 6 months) instead of the normal spouse immigrant visa which i know takes ages.
My only problem is, i know when it comes to Nigeria this embassies tend to set one stupid rule for us and treat us like criminals. So i would like my fellow Nigerians to help me out especially people who have filed or know people who succeded in getting their love ones over here with the fiancee visa and how long did it take from the date of filling till the date he or she got her embassy appointment(interview)/Visa.
Thanks
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Czarskit(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2009
~ Dunno, but a lotta peeps get married this way before migrating with their gifts ~ It's wae too easy ~
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Pittbaby(f): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2009
I think as long as everything is above board with your papers and hers. The US embassy has no right to deny your wife a fiancee visa ( as long as you have maintained legal status all the while you are in the US ). Follow the instructions to the letter and don't cut any corners, where in doubt consult a reputable Immigration lawyer, (not a travel agent O) preferably one based in the States
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Chib4u: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2009
Thanks Pittybaby. Do u know how long it takes? Cuz my friend did the same for his gf but she lives in london(that took about 6months) and i know there's a bigg difference btw embassies in Nigeria and embassies in Europe or America. Thanks again.
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Pittbaby(f): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2009
It does not depend on the embassy , that is the last leg of the filing process. You submit the documentation to the US govt (INS, I believe) and then it is placed in processing , the processing is what takes time as the system is backlogged . Only after that is completed will your fiancee be invited for an interview at the local embassy . Again I am not an immigration expert , please consult a lawyer
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by sistawoman: 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2009
What part of the US do you live in?
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Chib4u: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2009
California, Sacramento to be precise.
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Hauwa1: 9:36pm On Apr 13, 2009
i have met two ladies that came thru fiance visa. they both came within that 6month time frame. it is a good way if you want her to join you within
6-8-12months. one of them told me of a guy that didn't use fiance visa and his young lady is yet to join him. don't lie, don't cut corner, also tell ya lady not to, and it will be well.
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Pataki: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ Poster,
I think your thread is best suited to the Travel section. There is already a US enquiry visa there, and I am sure more hands can type towards helping you out.

Most peeps here are just romance romance oriented peeps. Not excluding myself though. embarassed
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Hauwa1: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
Pataki,
I saw the same post on travel section this morning. maybe he just wasn't sure where to post it.
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by ilaugh1: 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2009
Leave your wife in Nigeria. You will be thankful forever.
Re: **Bringing My Wife Over To The States, Need Your Advice Pls** by Pataki: 10:03pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ Hauwa,
Oh I see. My bad then. I have not been to the travel section of late though.

Thanks for correction.

I note that it has some relevance to Romance though, but I just thought it would be appropriate with the travel section. However, if the romance board can help out with peeps like you sure!

How are you doing dearie?

(1) (Reply)

Prettiest Girls On Nl Cont. / Before You Fall In Love, Beware / What Exactly Do Ladies In Abuja Want In Relationship. Love, Money ,attention, Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.