Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News (56388 Views)

Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC / Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / HID Awolowo Dies At 99, Praying For Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by scholes0(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
kodlins:

I don't respond to under-aged Nairalanders

So why did you reply me?? Ozwai .....
Answer the question or forever keep SHUT!

Do you keep feeding your enemies in a ill conceived war? so that they gain extra calories to pick up automatic weapons?
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by stevedeey(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
An soro ile bukun ni
Ile didan ati ile wa
gba gbogbo la n so t'ogo re
Y'o ti dun to l'ati de be.....

RIP MAMA AWOLOWO

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by mignone(f): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
McCarlito:
Awwww she would've waited one more year na make she clock 100
Choi!! Death u're wicked
angry angry angry angry
she would have clocked 100yrs in Nov
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by adekunle0000: 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
RIP MAMA but please tell Chief Awolowo that the Free Education for the mass production of schools attendees, Genocide through food blockage he helped championed, 20 pounds and Indigenization decree has done nothing to put we Omo Odua ahead of other tribes. Tell him that the Southeastern are at the top of their game again. Adieu Mama. We will miss your counsel.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by scholes0(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
adekunle0000:
RIP MAMA but please tell Chief Awolowo that the Free Education for the mass production of schools attendees, Genocide through food blockage he helped championed, 20 pounds and Indigenization decree has done nothing to put we Omo Odua ahead of other tribes. Tell him that the Southeastern are at the top of their game again. Adieu Mama. We will miss your counsel.

On top of the imaginary game in your head...
Impostor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
tigar007:

You areva very vain man; and like most vain, you are half-instructed in knowledge and less than half disciplined in reasoning powers. Your vanity has been downplayed

See this speechless fool. Do you think I have your time. yourbas have been fools since 1914

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
scholes0:

On top of the imaginary game in your head...
Impostor.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by CSTR2: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
Bleh.
I don't give a hoot.
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by angiography(m): 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
tupacshakur:

Well, I leave with you with these quotes by the "Greatest" Igbo man that ever lived:

"As a leader of the modern cast, Awolowo has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’..."

- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1987)

"Awolowo was a leader of great Stature. He was a Leader who was eminently successful. That he did not fulfill a presidential ambition cannot detract from his leadership, and us, poor us, who were not his people, must continue, to regret that our own leaders (Nnamdi Azikiwe, Michael Okpara) had not led us as he did his people or achieved for us as he did for his people..."

- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (Because I am involved - 1998)
that's the spirit
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by coolitempa(f): 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
Terrible day........Iya gbogbo wa has gone.....I wonder whether the passing of the Ooni affected her...they were very close.....RIP.....Mama Odua...... undecided undecided
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by scholes0(m): 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
CSTR2:
Bleh.
I don't give a hoot.

You will be dead before you reach her age anyways .....
And not even a fly will notice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Michael1988: 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
Need a sugarmummy, sugargirl or
sugardaddy?

Sugarmummy15 is a new sugarmummy avenue that help young guys and ladies to get connected to sugarmummies, sugargirls or sugardaddy close to their location. T&Cs apply.
BBM: 25C084DE or. check our twitter page:
@SUGARMUMMY15.

-Sugarmummy15
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
Going through the comments, one can easily tell these red mud romanis were well-fed with excess hatermycine as infants

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by seunice01: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
So death has finally taken Mama away, as i was expecting you to celebrate your 100th birthday in grand style!. Say me well to Baba Awo, tell him we're following his footprint. Rest in peace HID!
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by solonazzy: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
OfoIgbo:
RIP HIV Awolowo
It's HID... Nt hiv
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by CSTR2: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
scholes0:

You will be dead before you reach her age anyways .....
And not even a fly will notice.
Are you mad?
Someone would died without making any significant impact in Nigeria should be honoured on nairaland?
Who the hell is she beyond the brown roof habitats of the SW?
And yes, 99 years is too long a time to live especially when it is a life of national inconsequence.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by athaboi(f): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
Rip ma!
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by scholes0(m): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
CSTR2:
Are you mad?
Someone would died without making any significant impact in Nigeria should be honoured on nairaland?
Who the hell is she beyond the brown roof habitats of the SW?
And yes, 99 years is too long a time to live especially when it is a life of national inconsequence.

Are you Stewpid or Insane?
When your sissy coward Ojukwu kicked the bucket, I remember very well, he was remembered here on Nairaland... that sissy crook.
What is he to most Nigerians beyond the red mud evil forests of the South East anyways?
He died at the age of 78..... waay to old for such a villain to live.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by NovusHomo(m): 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
superstar1:

Who was the wife of Zik? I am sure she was so inconsequential that nobody even remembers her name.

I do. Her name was Flora. But I don't know how the marriage ended.
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nikkyjay: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
[b][/b]
OduaVanguard:
TVC NEWS [IKENNE] - Wife of the Nigerian foremost late Politician and one of the country's founding father, Obafemi Awolowo, Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo is dead. She was aged 99.

Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo (née Adelana), popularly known as HID, was born on November 25, 1915 to a modest family in the small Ikenne community of Ogun State in Nigeria.

She was the widow of the late politician Obafemi Awolowo, who famously referred to her as his "jewel of inestimable value".

A successful businesswoman and astute politician, she was the First Lady of the old Western Region. HID played an active role in the politics of Western Nigeria. She stood in for her husband in the alliance formed between the NCNC and the AG, called the United Progressive Grand Alliance (UPGA), while he was tried and in jailed.

Details later....

http://tvcnews.tv/?q=article/breaking-widow-nigerian-late-sage-awolowo-dies-99

R.I.P cry

[img]http://1.bp..com/-NNc36q_r-bg/VKgj0QCNG_I/AAAAAAAEOFY/ME8-2ePcW4Q/s1600/0.png[/img]

Cc: Seun, lalasticala, ishilove, obinoscopy
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Anglovel: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
God rest her soul and bless her legacies.Amen
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by kayodedada1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
OfoIgbo:
RIP HIV Awolowo
U mumu i swear
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nikkyjay: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
OduaVanguard:
TVC NEWS [IKENNE] - Wife of the Nigerian foremost late Politician and one of the country's founding father, Obafemi Awolowo, Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo is dead. She was aged 99.

Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo (née Adelana), popularly known as HID, was born on November 25, 1915 to a modest family in the small Ikenne community of Ogun State in Nigeria.

She was the widow of the late politician Obafemi Awolowo, who famously referred to her as his "jewel of inestimable value".

A successful businesswoman and astute politician, she was the First Lady of the old Western Region. HID played an active role in the politics of Western Nigeria. She stood in for her husband in the alliance formed between the NCNC and the AG, called the United Progressive Grand Alliance (UPGA), while he was tried and in jailed.

Details later....

http://tvcnews.tv/?q=article/breaking-widow-nigerian-late-sage-awolowo-dies-99

R.I.P cry

[img]http://1.bp..com/-NNc36q_r-bg/VKgj0QCNG_I/AAAAAAAEOFY/ME8-2ePcW4Q/s1600/0.png[/img]

Cc: Seun, lalasticala, ishilove, obinoscopy
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by montezz(f): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
d life of d dead z placed in d memories of d living. rest in peace!
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Ajascolove(m): 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
OfoIgbo:
RIP HIV Awolowo
Nna, not HIV o, na HID.
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nikkyjay: 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
Good night mama
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by gbengus17: 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
MY JEWEL OF INESTIMABLE VALUE=== BYE BYE. YOU ARE INDEED A MORTAL
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
Mama I thank God for a well life been spent on earth u were bless. May ur gentle soul rest in peace
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by sasquareT(m): 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
funkybully:
I won't behave like yolobastards that insulted the great ikemba and prof Achebe at death.

It is not in our culture to speak ill of d dead.

RIP Mama Awolowo, though I hate Ur husband with passion
Pls and pls my fellow nairalander I want all of you both Hausa Yoruba, Igbo and the rest Nigeria Tribe should plz and ignore this kind of co
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by CSTR2: 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2015
scholes0:

Are you Stewpid?
When your sissy coward Ojucrook kicked the bucket, I remember very well, he was remembered here on Nairaland... that sissy crook.
What is he to most Nigerians beyond the red mud evil forests of the South East anyways?
He died at the age of 78..... waay to old for such a villain to live.
Shut up, you nitwit.
It is my prerogative to honour whoever i want. Your HIV or whoever does not deserve my honour.
Deal with it.
And good of you to bring ojukwu into the discussion.
If you can't see the fact that ojukwu that rallied his people together to prevent a genocide and created military hardwares that your country can't develop more than 40 years later is deserving of national honour, then that is your own business.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by RotimiD: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
Mama save journey greet baba, tell him that Nigerians have not done what he said they should do.adieu.
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2015
[s]
CSTR2:
Shut up, you nitwit.
It is my prerogative to honour whoever i want. Your HIV or whoever does not deserve my honour.
Deal with it.
And good of you to bring ojukwu into the discussion.
If you can't see the fact that ojukwu that rallied his people together to prevent a genocide and created military hardwares that your country can't develop more than 40 years later is deserving of national honour, then that is your own business.
[/s]

Excessive intake of hatermycine will only damage your kidney hun.oya get rid of that bitterness in your soul and dance cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tension In Akwa Ibom Over Akpabio’s ‘Likely’ Defeat / Peter Obi Meets Atiku Abubakar At Gov. Diri Father's Funeral / Governor Akeredolu Inspects Ore Flyover Project (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.