Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,247 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? (3116 Views)

Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President / Ikoyigate: National Assembly Might Intervene If... - Saraki / Tinubu, Dogara And Saraki: What Is Wrong With This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by gbaskipro: 12:20am On Sep 20, 2015
In my opinion Saraki won't give in, no matter what happens.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by tomakint: 12:33am On Sep 20, 2015
gbaskipro:
Who cares? Who is begging him? His delusion of grandeur will only fetch him a self-contained room in either Kuje or Kirikiri Prison.....he should go and learn from Enwerem, Okadigbo and Wabara, unfortunately he is too blinded by his inordinate ambition to learn from history. The truth he remains unpopular among his colleagues, he is overtly corrupt to preside over the SENATE. Saraki is a goner

12 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by slimfit1(m): 12:43am On Sep 20, 2015
If this man is still there next week we need to start questioning our senators. We need to start questioning their integrity all.
We youths of this country need to seat down and plan our future if we still need to let these thieves we call elders that cant lead by example represent us. It is a shame that we had to vote in a 73 years old man to come and clean up or return some sanity into us.
I know I've just wasted my text but we need to stop and think where are we heading too.

By the way not only him. This man has basically used the life of his people, he has sacrificed is state to better his family and their coming generation. If we know the meaning of what this man did we will be stoning him to death.
Corruption and treasury looting kills a lot more than armed robbers do. You go to hospitals people died like rams no drugs and fake drugs have been let into the country. We shouldn't let things like these happen any more.
Buhari has shown is body language let us start to show ours.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by gbaskipro: 1:12am On Sep 20, 2015
tomakint:

Who cares? Who is begging him? His delusion of grandeur will only fetch him a self-contained room in either Kuje or Kirikiri Prison.....he should go and learn from Enwerem, Okadigbo and Wabara, unfortunately he is too blinded by his inordinate ambition to learn from history. The truth he remains unpopular among his colleagues, he is overtly corrupt to preside over the SENATE. Saraki is a goner

Ok sir. But did u say unpopular among his colleagues?
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by damola1: 1:18am On Sep 20, 2015
He'll survive, but now the executive will own him. And he'll approve the ministers. It's simple game. Own him!... no longer atiku's b!tch.

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by rhymaster: 1:44am On Sep 20, 2015
tomakint:

This is coming from a Wailer Waling loser Wailer?? Buhari & Tinubu are really knocking sense into the head of the wailers no doubt! grin grin Converting them from a flat geometry to a regular geometry of sane humans! Hahahahha grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by ibedun: 1:52am On Sep 20, 2015
damola1:
He'll survive, but now the executive will own him. And he'll approve the ministers. It's simple game. Own him!... no longer atiku's b!tch.

Survive kini? That guy can no longer be the president of the senate, otherwise the government and the legislative organ will lose their integrity.

How can a common established criminal preside over the law making organ of government? He is long gone.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by damola1: 1:58am On Sep 20, 2015
ibedun:

Survive kini? That guy can no longer be the president of the senate, otherwise the government and the legislative organ will lose their integrity.
How can a common established criminal preside over the law making organ of government? He is long gone.

1. Proven until Guilty is the law. And the road on that journey is a long thing.
2. Most if not all politicians are criminals.
3. What is important is not for him to go or come, what's important is for him to know who is master is, he alone cannot fight everyone, especially since he's a record, So, now they own him and can use him. Baba's technical ministers must go through.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by ibedun: 2:10am On Sep 20, 2015
damola1:

1. Proven until Guilty is the law. And the road on that journey is a long thing.
2. Most if not all politicians are criminals.
3. What is important is not for him to go or come, what's important is for him to know who is master is, he alone cannot fight everyone, especially since he's a record, So, now they own him and can use him. Baba's technical ministers must go through.

There is too much in the public domain already. Surely Buhari's fight corruption mandate would be compromised whether they (The Executive) own Saraki or not.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by damola1: 2:52am On Sep 20, 2015
ibedun:

There is too much in the public domain already. Surely Buhari's fight corruption mandate would be compromised whether they (The Executive) own Saraki or not.

Nigeria not yet there. We need a solid working system to combact corruption, buhari is just one person, one person can do so much against a system, we need another system to battle an existing corrupt system, and we are in the process of that. The ministers control their ministries. The senate approves the ministers. Who arrest thief? Who prosecute am? who jail am?

Nigeria is an extremely porous and corrupt system that will take more than 3 months , if not 3 years to fix just the concept of corruption, cos, everyone has a god father, and every god father is linked to a major policitian, who is mainly in the HOR or Senate.. since the executive is cleaning up now..Not to forget that our courts still take the cases of corruption lightly.

To effectively fix corruption. It must be a tight cap collaborative effort of A. The Police ( Forensic expert, investigators, efcc etc) b. the Judiaciary ( incl. HOR and Senate) C. The executive. D. The politicians! the god fathers... agreeing not to interfere etc..

The executive the one who can do it, and trying to do it. Thats where you find an excellent collabo of baba and a prof.

Now, to even get to the senate, or become a senate president, you must kiss the ring of someone like atiku, or tinubu, so now the executive must own the senate, else, rubbish people will become ministers, and though I pity them too, cos now, they are most likely going to jail if they Bleep up.

Anyways, back to the matter, saraki cannot go the jail, not now, not in 3 years, and he'll still be president.. ( I will be surprised if he's removed or resigns), they must have held a gun to his head for him to resign.

See, This month baba says, I will send the name to parliament, and he's clearing the rode to do just that... he knows what he's doing... Do you really think baba does not want to appoint ministers?... he's only doing what he needs to do, to deliver on his campaign promises...

I love him, and I thank God, someone without a background in the process of politics, yet the discipline of military and the backing of Judiciary ( the prof) is leading us... We are really very very fortunate.

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by naptu2: 2:57am On Sep 20, 2015
gbaskipro:

It's not a question of him "giving in". It's a question of the law taking its course. Okadigbo never gave in, but he was still removed. I'd be very shocked if he survives this.

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Pangea: 3:03am On Sep 20, 2015
What if someone jumps into the path of a moving train and survive?
What if someone takes a poison and survive ?
What if?
What if?
Forget it, my man
His case is already decided by the gods!

Mene Mene
Tekel, upharsin!
Bye bye Saraki!
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by menix(m): 4:02am On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki is gonna split the house nd possibly jumping ship with his followers.

Buh that one no consign me, cous these mofos have neva added a peanut to my bank acct.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 20, 2015
slimfit1:
If this man is still there next week we need to start questioning our senators. We need to start questioning their integrity all.
We youths of this country need to seat down and plan our future if we still need to let these thieves we call elders that cant lead by example represent us. It is a shame that we had to vote in a 73 years old man to come and clean up or return some sanity into us.
I know I've just wasted my text but we need to stop and think where are we heading too.

By the way not only him. This man has basically used the life of his people, he has sacrificed is state to better his family and their coming generation. If we know the meaning of what this man did we will be stoning him to death.
Corruption and treasury looting kills a lot more than armed robbers do. You go to hospitals people died like rams no drugs and fake drugs have been let into the country. Shouldn't let things like these any more.
Buhari has shown is body language let us start to show ours.

Who are the we? Better count me out of this your we!!! You installed an illiterate certificate scammer as president and didnt see anything wrong with that and now you want saints as senators!!! So for you integrity only counts when Tinubu interests are threatened!!!

FYI Saraki is going no where!! The likesminds senators are still in the majority and will carry the day.The CCT trial would continue in the courts for years to come while he continues to hold forth as president.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 20, 2015
naptu2:

It's not a question of him "giving in". It's a question of the law taking its course. Okadigbo never gave in, but he was still removed. I'd be very shocked if he survives this.

Because Okadigbo and co did not have the kind of support he had!!Saraki will never be impeached!!! Just take that from me
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by naptu2: 4:13am On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Because Okadigbo and co did not have the kind of support he had!!Saraki will never be impeached!!! Just take that from me

He can be removed without being impeached.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Gboliwe: 4:15am On Sep 20, 2015
If he survives this, karma the "wicked" records keeper will bring to fore something else. He must go down, until he does, karma won't rest.

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Gboliwe:
If he survives this, karma the "wicked" records keeper will bring to fore something else. He must go down, until he does, karma won't rest.

He will surely go down in June 2019!! This case would remain in court like the Tambuwal's case while he continues as SP for a very very very long time to come!!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 20, 2015
naptu2:

He can be removed without being impeached.
If you are banking on a conviction,it would take years for the case to be finished!! He would continue to appeal up to the supreme court and i trust the lawyers to come up with every delay tactics in the book.Tambuwal did same during the defection saga
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Pavore9: 4:20am On Sep 20, 2015
Even if he 'survives' does the moral burden of accountability which he is fighting hard through the courts to evade, wash off? We all must ultimately give that account. If he is innocent, he should boldly step forward and defend himself and not hide behind injunctions.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 20, 2015
Case Plenty... Survive this, his wife get arrested, the wife survives, his Company's MD get hooked Infact he's on the run, let's assume that one also survives, then his bank fraud file get dusted... If he by mistake survives that also, then EFCC would charge him for Money laundering...If dat one self no work, he stil has a case @d tribunal....

All-in-All, if PMB wants him out, he's a gonner

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by naptu2: 4:23am On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

If you are banking on a conviction,it would take years for the case to be finished!! He would continue to appeal up to the supreme court and i trust the lawyers to come up with every delay tactics in the book.Tambuwal did same during the defection saga

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cjn-introduces-measures-to-fast-track-corruption-terrorism-kidnap-cases/148932/
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by ibedun: 4:24am On Sep 20, 2015
SILENCE they say is golden. This is true in many scenarios and especially when some emotionally and intellectually challenged eastern individual appears on the thread.
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 20, 2015
olatunji21:
Case Plenty... Survive this, his wife get arrested, the wife survives, his Company's MD get hooked Infact he's on the run, let's assume that one also survives, then his bank fraud file get dusted... If he by mistake survives that also, then EFCC would charge him for Money laundering...If dat one self no work, he stil has a case @d tribunal....

All-in-All, if PMB wants him out, he's a gonner

Lol!!! You people are funny!!! You forget the senate president also has his powers and can also bark and bite!!! You will soon find ou how powerful he is in the comming days!!!
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 20, 2015
naptu2:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cjn-introduces-measures-to-fast-track-corruption-terrorism-kidnap-cases/148932/

Unfortunately for you!!unless the constitution is amended by the NASS headed by this same Saraki,this same recomendations will not have any headway!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 20, 2015
Pavore9:
Even if he 'survives' does the moral burden of accountability which he is fighting hard through the courts to evade, wash off? We all must ultimately give that account. If he is innocent, he should boldly step forward and defend himself and not hide behind injunctions.

Buhari also had the moral burden of comming clean in the certificate forgery scam!! Has he given account?

4 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol!!! You people are funny!!! You forget the senate president also has his powers and can also bark and bite!!! You will soon find ou how powerful he is in the comming days!!!
Despite all his power he's still evading arrest..Why is he running?

1 Like

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 20, 2015
olatunji21:

Despite all his power he's still evading arrest..Why is he running?

He is only runninhg on the pages of Tinubu's The Nations newspapers!! Saraki is in his official residence catching his fun dear!! Go and arrest him let us see
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:16am On Sep 20, 2015
Saraki CANNOT survive this. People over-estimate the office of the Senate President. His sin will definitely find him out.

As for ministerial nominees, NOBODY has the unitary power to frustrate it whether Senate President or not. The only thing is that the nominees will be subjected to tight scruitiny but the former Senators among the nominees will be asked to "Take a bow" and go.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:21am On Sep 20, 2015
Which power does the Senate President have? Please mention them! From my checks, his only power is that he's a presiding officer in the Senate. Even at that, he MUST act within the decision of majority memebers. He has NO immunity, No Prosecutionary power, Nothing. He can't even fire a common Federal Civil Servant without the go-ahead of the executive.
chukwudi44:

2 Likes

Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Saraki CANNOT survive this. People over-estimate the office of the Senate President. His sin will definitely find him out.

As for ministerial nominees, NOBODY has the unitary power to frustrate it whether Senate President or not. The only thing is that the nominees will be subjected to tight scruitiny but the former Senators among the nominees will be asked to "Take a bow" and go.
The Senate can frustrate any effort to appoint ministers. The Senate can refuse to schedule a day and time for grilling (and possible confirmation) of Buhari's ministerial nominees.

Pls, the "take a bow" tradition is absolutely idiotic. It turns the entire confirmation exercise into a pathetic farce. Is it too hard to ask a nominee what his/her ministerial goals are?
Re: Saraki - What If Saraki Survives This Torture And Rrmains As Senate President? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:32am On Sep 20, 2015
The Senate is NOT the same as the Senate President. When letters are sent by the Executives it is treated as a VERY important document. Refusal to attend to it will bring the wrath of Nigerians which will be shown through protests, feature writings, threat to recall and even lawsuits. The law is very clear on "Not allowing personal interests overrides National interests". No politician wants to be on the bitter end of the masses (ask former Justice Minister Michael Aandooka). Even Okadigbo never had the guts to tinker with the bills of Obasanjo despite Obj's resolve to kick-him-out. Tambawal NEVER had the guts to frustrate GEJ's requests even when the House was APC dominated. No politician or Senator love to be on the bitter end of the masses. Should Saraki attempt it, he will only compound his problems.

Beside, there's a warrant for arrest on him already.
CFCfan:

The Senate can frustrate any effort to appoint ministers. The Senate can refuse to schedule a day and time for grilling (and possible confirmation) of Buhari's ministerial nominees.

Pls, the "take a bow" tradition is absolutely idiotic. It turns the entire confirmation exercise into a pathetic farce. Is it too hard to ask a nominee what his/her ministerial goals are?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scores Killed As Bokoharam Attacks Borno Village-today News / Call Biafra Agitators To Order-SGF Tells Igbo Leaders / Why Trump Is Most Likely To Support Biafran Seccession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.